This app contains Ads (top of the "Preferences" screen). If you would like use a version without Ads (and support my development of this app) purchase the "3G Connection Fix Donate" version (uninstall the "Free" before installing the "Donate" version).
If you like my apps, why not try out my new app: "Next Alarm Free", it displays the time and day of your next alarm in the status bar. Look in the "More by developer" section to install it.
Important: This app will only be effective if the manual (Flight mode) workaround described below successfully activates 3G data.
The simplest (manual) workaround for this issue is to turn on "Flight mode" and then turn it back off again when you notice no 3G data connection. This manual workaround is annoying, and if you forget to do it then you are without a data connection.
3G Connection Fix will attempt to activate 3G data by automatically toggling Flight mode on then off when the phone disconnects from Wifi, if the phone doesn't switch to 3G by itself.
This app will not work on Android 4.2 and above (for example Nexus 4) due to a change made in Android.
This app has been tested on:
Samsung Galaxy Ace (2.3.4 Gingerbread)
Samsung Galaxy Gio (2.2 Froyo)
Comments and feedback suggest this app may also work on:
Samsung Galaxy Y, S, S2, Mini, Fit, Replenish, Transfix, Indulge, Pocket
Motorola Droid X
HTC One X, Evo 4G, Desire GSM (CyanogenMod 7.1)
LG C800G, Optimus One, P990, LGL45C, Optimus 4X HD P880
Experia U, X8, X10
If you try this on a different phone and it doesn't work please email me. If it works for you please leave a comment (or send me an email) stating the model of your phone.
There is a button in the preferences screen to manually "fix now" which will reset your network connections immediately. This does not affect the existing automatic fixing behavior.
There is also an advanced setting to force reset of the connection when leaving Wifi even if the phone reports it has connected to 3G (this is used when the phone reports its connected to 3G, but the connection has failed). Changing this setting should not be required for most users.
1. There is a 1 minute delay between your phone disconnecting from Wifi and this app attempting to activate 3G data to allow the phone time to try to switch to 3G by itself.
2. If you are on a phone call this app won't disconnect you but also won't attempt to activate 3G data.
If you find any bugs please email me rather than leaving a comment on the Market.
A (paid) version of this app with no ads ("3G Connection Fix Donate") is available to buy (look in the "More from developer" section).
This app uses the data connection for ad serving and to enable use of the Flurry analytics agent.
This app was written to work around Android Issue #2207.
Data ON-OFF is FREE and ADS-FREE, but if you like it, please click "LIKE" on http://www.facebook.com/miabit.it
1) ICS users (Android 4) must add the widget as explained in this guide: http://support.google.com/ics/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=it&answer=1628154
2) widgets installed on external memory (SD card) could not work properly.
- enable/disable (switch on/off) data with a single click;
- 3 widget icon styles;
- (optional) notifications when data setting changes (not by Data ON-OFF);
- (optional) automatically restore user configuration when it's changed;
- (optional) auto disable mobile data when battery level is lower than a custom value;
- (optional) event monitor and logging (about data config).
- Access Network State
- Change Network State
- if the mobile data setting changes (not changed by Data ON-OFF) when the phone is connected to a WiFi network, Data ON-OFF ignores the change and does not update the widget icon. This is an implementation choice, that saves some memory RAM.
- Data ON-OFF has been written in the University of Pisa, Italy.
Please report any bugs or suggestions (email@example.com)
BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW:
a. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT THE APPLICATION IS PROVIDED AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
b. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE, OR OTHER DEVICE, OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH USE.
c. THE APPLICATION IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS, EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLICATION COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.
This app does not access to information related to the user's privacy at all.
•VIEW NETWORK STATUS
Permission is required to check availability of mobile data connection from the program.
•CHANGE NETWORK CONNECTIVITY
Permission is required to switch on / off mobile data connection from the program. It does not change any other settings except switching on / off mobile data connection.
Now quickly Turn On and Turn Off 3G/2G and WiFi.
A widget to toggle "Data enabled" setting. No modification to APN, no wait to reconnect!
NOTE: This is a WIDGET, please add from Home screen after installation.
Problems with your 3G connection? Does your phone lose data signal and, often, is not able to reconnect (despite having network coverage), leaving you without emails until you realize and then you must turn flight mode on and off to get back in business? That is a known issue that affects some people, and seems to be caused by some combinations of Carrier / Phone model. If all of this sounds familiar to you, try this application. I built it for my own usage since I was affected too.
3G Reconnect checks data connectivity at fixed intervals and, if needed, restarts data connections in the background by turning flight mode on and off for you. You won't miss emails or chats anymore, at least while you're in an area with data coverage.
Don't worry: it won't restart anything if you're in a phone call or if you're connected to a Wi-Fi network. Likewise, it won't try this trick if you're in an area with no network coverage at all (it would be useless), or if you disabled the data connections from the Android setting.
Please send me an email if you find any problem or bug, or if you have any suggestion to improve the tool.
Tags: 3G, 3g connection, 3G signal, 3G restart, 3G refresh, data connection, data signal, gprs, edge, hspa, data restart, 3G restart, 3G, 3G fix, 3g fix, internet connection, internet restart, 3g reconnect, refresh connections, wifi, flight mode, 3G on, 3G off, 3g switch, data switch, data fix, network, data connection, reset 3g, reset data, reset connection, reset internet
* This is a WIDGET, you can't find it in the App list, but in the Widget list. To add it to your home screen, push "Menu" button on home screen, select "Add"->"Widgets"->"DataSwitch".
* For Android 4.0: Android 4.0 has a bug, Widgets sometimes don't appear in the widget list after installation, in that case, reboot your phone, then you will find it in the widget list.
The background data will only be available when you are in range of the 3G network (and higher).
(This app is not blocking the MMS APN)
*Warning* If you do not understand what this program is doing or you do not need this app - please don't download it.
Please keep in mind this app is not supported anymore.
Remember to DISABLE the 3G Data Only! before uninstall.
Please report any issues by sending an email instead of leaving a comment.
Tags: 2g 3g gprs edge umts hsdpa hsupa data block allow disable enable
IMPORTANT: this is a widget, not an application. This means that you have to install it on the desktop as a widget. It's completely normal that in the settings page there is only a set of options.
Simple widget that toggles 4 different connection statuses on each click:
1. 3G enabled
2. WiFi enabled
3. 3G & WiFi enabled
4. 3G & WiFi disabled
From settings page is possible to disable statuses that are not useful.
Is also possible to choose icon color.
I wrote this widget for myself cause I needed it, now I'm sharing it for free.
WHAT CAN BE USEFUL FOR (and not only)
If you are at home/office and you have wifi signal that often disconnects, by setting "WiFi ONLY" mode you prevent 3G connection to switch on each time wifi is lost.
If you use "WiFi ONLY" at home/office and 3G outside, you will switch in one click to "3G ONLY" mode instead of reactivating data connection and disabling wifi in a sequence of operations.
For any suggestion (like using a different icon) or discussion you can refer to this thread of XDA developers forum:
On Samsung Galaxy S2 (but probably also on other devices) the first time the widget is added to the desktop the phone frozes a while and an error is reported; just press home button and try to install a second time.
*NOT WORKING ON...
To disable 3G conection I don't use the tricks of modify APN or start Data Settings page, therefore is possible that in some devices/firmware versions the widget is not able to toggle data connection on/off. Sorry for that but I do not intend to cover that cases.
What I know for sure is that generally works on 2.3.x devices, while don't works 2.2.x and previuos ones. Please report running and not running conditions.
stackoverflow.com for magic hints
Also includes activities for use in conjunction with Locale, Setting profiles or any app that support shortcuts t activities.
* In legacy mode, the app modifies the APN settings.
* I recommend to set 3G availability to true (with the app) before uninstall, to avoid problems.
* Grayed options are only available for donators. For donate, please open the app, then click "Unlock features"...
* If the connection/disconnection takes a few seconds is due to the Android connections management.
* If you have problems, please: CONTACT WITH ME. I CAN SOLVE IT!!!
PLEASE, DON'T RATE WITH ONE STAR BEFORE CONTACT WITH ME TO REPORT A ERROR. IF RATE AND NO EXPLAIN A ERROR OR ISSUE IN A EMAIL, IS NOT POSSIBLE TO ME TO REPAIR. ALSO. A "don't works, is useless" RATE IS NOT USEFUL FOR THE REST OF USERS OR FOR THE DEVELOPERS.
Be comprehensive, this is a hobby:)
A must have for every Android aficionado, Network Connections is the perfect addition to the Anti Spy Mobile app that will reveal the 'secrets' of your apps.
- Monitors all internet connections from and to your Android device
- Displays notification when hidden apps are connecting to remote servers
- Displays detailed IP information for each connection - IP address, reverse resolving (PTR), AS number, Abuse RBL data, administrative information, etc.
- Gets detailed info about each app that connects to remote servers and network connections used by it - permissions granted to each captured package and all IP addresses used by it.
- Real-time sort by most active, latest connections or by package name.
- Log and export the captured data.
NOTE: The app is a FREE-Trial and some features are limited to certain amount of tries. If you like it and want to used it, please download the Unlock key for it.
Connections Used by The App:
Google IPs - Statistics and Maps
RIPE, ARIN - IP information
toggle the mobile data network (3g APN) with a single touch on the screen, saving the time consuming you reach this functionality through the Android menu.
This widget is free and ad-free. We invite you to install it and enjoy!
With this widget you can
- Activate the 3G
- Disable 3G.
- Enable / disable (on / off) mobile data network with a single touch on the screen;
- The dynamic widget icon dropping down you know whether you are connected or disconnected.
- 3g widget
- 3g On Off
- data on off
- data enabler
If you have any suggestions, comments please send an email to our address developer.
Do you seem to encounter situations where your internet or calls are not simply working due to phone losing network connectivity? This might occur, for instance, in a train which travels through a tunnel. No signal afterwards. Allowing phone to reconnect by itself can take a lot of time or might even require you to restart the phone to get it back online. Do not waste your time for waiting, start using our Connection Fixer widget to solve your problems a lot faster! This way you will be using your Facebook, sending SMSs or making your important calls in no time after a lost connection. You can fix your connections with just a click, right from your desktop.
- Desktop widget
- With just one click application closes down and restarts following wireless and network connections
- 3G (*)
- 3.5G (*)
- 4G (*)
- Bluetooth (*)
- Wifi / WLAN (*)
(*) Reconnected only if originally enabled from Android own menus
Notice! You can use the application also abroad, application does not require data connection to operate. So, even when abroad you can fix cellular, Wi-Fi or any other network connection simply by just a click.
Tip! After downloading the application, insert widget onto your desktop so that Android Market can confirm that the application is correctly installed and licensed. This is done only once after the purchase. Once completed, you'll have unlimited access and free upgrades. Example how to add widgets to your desktop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtdxqSOyQqo&feature=player_embedded
Market place offers also a possiblity for free testing of the application, see instructions from http://www.google.com/support/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=113515&topic=1046718.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our applications, please contact us by
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- facebook at http://www.facebook.com/versine.eu or
- visit our webpages at www.versine.eu.
Fix permissions should do the same thing the script does which is available in almost all recoveries, The benefit to this app is that you don't need to reboot into recovery mode to fix those apps that are FC.
I will be adding a fix all option here soon.
Sometimes flashing roms, playing with permissions, or performing other root operation can cause the Android system to forget which UID is associated with an application. In reality it does not forget this, it just issues the app a new id and is oblivious to the fact that it already had an id. When this occurs some apps can start force closing due to the UID mismatch between the UID that the system has assigned to the app and the UID that owns that apps data directory.
This app will resolve these problems. If you have an app constantly force closing you can try using this app to see if it will resolve the issue. Simply select an app in the list below and I will do the rest :)
There is also a donate version of this app in the market if you would like to donate for my work.
Presentation of all GPS data from device
Position, satellites, gps signal strength
Gps diagnose and gps testing
Splendid user interface: 2 color themes
With GPS Data you can check signal quality, test gps module, check your position/location, satellites count, signal quality, fix time and much more!
The nicest GPS test, status and diagnose app! If your gps navigation works horrible use this app to gps test, diagnose and fix your problem!
Four different tabs are at your service to test and see your GPS data:
1) Sky tab + signal view – sky map view presents position of satellites connected with device on the sky. Each small circle represents one satellite with color adequate to signal strength and its status. Sky map circle is rotated depending on device compass. Signal strength view presents strength chart of satellites connected with device. Each bar represents one satellite, height of the bar is proportional to received signal strength.
2) Signal tab – list of all satellites connected with device. Each row represents one satellite. With this list you get all details about satellite prn number, info about satellite fix, signal strength and type: GPS/GLONASS. Elevation and altitude is available in landscape mode.
3) Info tab – on this tab all most important data are available, which is:
a.Position info – latitude, longitude, altitude
b.Signal info – accuracy, satellites fixed, first fix time (fft)
c.Movement info – speed, bearing
4) World tab – world map view presents position of the device, it also shows global sun position and day-light/night-dark area. There is local and UTC date time from GPS, also time of the sunrise and sunset are available.
Application offers different measurement units:
a)Speed: Metric – kmph, Imperial – mph, Nautical - knots
b)Distance: Metric – meters, Imperial - feet
GPS test and diagnose of your device. Management of A-GPS Xtra Data available:
a) Delete A-GPS Xtra Data
b) Download new A-GPS Xtra Data
★ GPS and GLONASS satellite types are available!
★ Satellite sky view
★ Signal strength and signal quality
★ Detailed gps informations
★ Position: latitude, longitude, altitude
★ Gps fix time, accuracy, speed and bearing
★ Sunset, sunrise, day-night map view
★ Two splendid color themes
★ and more....!
Analyze WiFi networks around you!
Presentation of all data from your WiFi device.
Wireless network analyze
Diagnose connection status and signal strength
Wifi signal quality check
Scanning wifi networks
Wifi connection manager
Splendid UI consistent with Android Holo theme
You will never need other WiFi manager app!
App is divided into four tabs:
1) Connection tab – info about current connection, net and access point you are conected to. All important informations like SSID, BSSID, MAC, speed or lease duration are available, Your IP address, netmask and net gateway with dns adresses.
2) Acces points list tab – list of all visible network access points to your device. Every row describes one network with its name, channel, security and signal strength. You can sort this list by every attribute and discover networks around you!
3) Channels tab – graph presentation of visible networks with parabola shape depending on signal strength and channel on which network is working.
4) Signal tab – graph of time-dependent net signal strength. Small list showing every visible net. You can select most important network from list and watch how it's signal strength is changing in time.
Application offers also:
- analyzing networks around you
- sharing every tab and every info with your friends!
- copying connection info to clipboard
- turning WiFi on/off
- turning WiFi on application start
- turning WiFi on application stop
- and much more...!
=== Please Note, This App may not run correctly on some Dual Sim Phones!
Schedule Mobile Data Connection - save battery life - protect your health :) (much less microwave absorption, sar values)
Mobile Data Scheduler is a lightweight app, designed for Android. It allows you to set an On/Off schedule for Mobile Data connection.
- This app can turn on your mobile data for 10 min(user defined) and this app can turn off your mobile data for 50 min(user defined).
- This app can turn on your mobile data when the display is turned on. This app can turn off your mobile data when the display is turned off.
If the application is not working for you or you have some improvement ideas, please write me an e-mail at email@example.com.
Please don't leave a negative comment if it's not working for you - let me know what I can do to improve it first.
*Please update your rating on Google Play!
=== Lütfen Dikkat, Bu program bazı çift sim kartlı telefonlarda düzgün çalışmayabilir!
Mobil İnternet zamanlayıcısı - daha uzun sarj - sağlığınızı koruyun :) (daha az mikrodalga emilimi, sar değerleri)
Mobile Data Scheduler android için hazırlanmıştır, sisteminizi zorlamaz. Mobile Data Scheduler ile mobil internetinizin AÇIK/KAPALI durumlarını zamanlayabilirsiniz.
- Bu program mobil internetinizi 10dk(kullanıcı tanımlı) açık tutup, 50dk(kullanıcı tanımlı) kapatabilir.
- Bu program mobil internetinizi ekranı açtığınızda tekrar açabilir. Ekran kapandığında tekrar internetinizi kapatabilir.
Eğer bu program sizin telefonunuzda çalışmazsa ya da ekstra istekleriniz olursa lütfen bana e-posta olarak bildirin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Olumsuz yorum bırakmadan önce hataları bana bildirin, düzeltelim :)
More from developer
* This application works only on mobile data connection - will not work on a wifi network
* Does not works on android 4.2 and above (API doesn't allow it, sorry)
Get your favorite Mallard advices at the reach of your mobile phone, inspired by the famous viral meme. hundreds of advices and updating constantly more.
want to add your own words of wisdom?
write them in the review and we'll add them to the advices!
get your IP addresses in a second! with this application you can also COPY and SHARE your IP addresses.
- Copy your IP to the clipboard for later use.
- Share your IP in a click of a button using many other applications such as gmail, whatsapp, SMS, or even save it as a text on your dropbox