It does what the name sais with the following features:
- Altimeter with altivariometer indication the vertical speed acoustic and in a classical scale (+- 5m/s or +- 10 feets/s)
- It can speak the vertical speed, so it is cool for audio only
- It has tracking/recording of the flights in icg file so you can download and post the track to various sites
- Last thermal point inside the compass
- Wind direction
- Last X (configurable - default 10) seconds altitude gain/lost
- Flight duration
- History of the tracks recorded with (max altitude, start end altitude, max min vertical speed, etc)
- 'Look around' feature to get from the internet the paragliding places around your location
- Lots of settings capabilities
- User manual at http://avario.co.nf/
App for Paragliders and Hanggliders.
-Display data from the FlyNet variometer sent via a Bluetooth.
-BEEP like a real variometer.
-Display sensor data contained in the mobile phone itself (GPS, compass).
-Display positions of other users who are flying in the same area.
-Display all detected thermal currents.
-May vibrate instead of beeping.
-Flight directly recorded on FlyNet Track (Data may be stored on the device too and send on FlyNet track later).
-Flight exportable in IGC or kml from FlyNet Track
-View live or old flights through Google Earth.
-Configurable user interface.
The FlyNet app is composed by three screens :
-Control screen : Use this screen to configure the system.
-Map screen : Displays the main flight parameters (altitude, vertical and horizontal speed), the compass and geographic data (positions, relative heights and intensities of thermal currents and positions of other pilots) via the interactive map.
-Data screen : Displays the main parameters, secondary parameters and detailed statistics of the flight (time, flight duration, distance travelled, current flight statistics, instant GPS position).
More information on www.asinstrument.ch
Paragliding, hang gliding and all air sports, Radio Control Plane and skiing, sailing, mountain climbing, etc.
Portal tracker instruments for all Outdoor sports.
Support MOBAC offline map & Self Downloading OSM & Support MapsForge(.map) offline map
Support FAI-CIVL(http://vali.fai-civl.org/supported.html) valid IGC files. (GNSS : http://g-variometer-vali.blogspot.kr)
Flight instruments is expensive, but your phone is also expensive equipment.
Your phone is better than that , you can perform a variety of functions.
Using Compass & GPS & Pressure Sensor, flight time, speed, altitude, vertical speed, L/D is displayed.
If your phone is equipped with pressure sensor, In air sports mode, variometer functions can be maximized.
Pressure Sensor sensitivity of this filter using the Fourier Transform is better than any other filter using a simple lowpass filter or kalman.
Therefore more precise user setting is possible.
After simple one click, Ready to take off at once, auto-start-stop, manual-start-stop is possible
Big font and high contrast raised the visibility in outdoor.
Through manual built in the app, you can learn easily how to use.
Flight time, battery level, GPS status, and vertical speed, maximum speed, speed, maximum altitude, altitude, Hpa pressure, temperature (varies by altitude), weather (wind direction, wind speed), Task orientation, remaining distance, the total path length, Fuel Gage(for Motor Skysports) are displayed
It displays the direction and intensity of drift and thermal detecting also.
Waypoint and Route creation is easier and faster than any other app.
Waypoint Import Export Support (WPT, CUP format)
Map of the Google, OSM, mapquest, Naver, GoogleV2 is in use.
Track play function is best function same as seeing the actual flight.
Indexing and rewinding and the execution speed can be adjusted.
You can also see in 3D Track(shared track) with 3D terrain maps(shared track).
Seeing track thumbnail, you can easily find a specific flight record and
Your indexing speed can be also fast through altitude graph.
Track files can be sent via email to other users and
In addition, KML, GPX files are saved and automatically converted.
Navigation displays to the users the real-time shortest course from the current location and flight direction to next task, remaining distance, needed altitude against glide ratio
In briefing, share discussion with colleagues easy.
The units (mile, feet, meter, knot, ft / s, m / s, mph, kph, ℃, ℉) can be freely selected.
Coordinate system of the DD-MM-SS.SS, UTM, WGS84, etc can be selected
When performing in background Mode, track can be recorded throughout the day precisely and
During the mode, the sonic variometer functions and task passing, starting height sound alarm can be performed continuously.
The altitude can be set in a variety of ways.
Based Terrain Elevation, sea level air pressure reference, GPS altitude, the user manual setting is possible.
GPS environment will be best in flight, You can get reliable performance.
For feature requests and uncomfortable, please send mail to.
Using speech instructions you can enjoy your course and listen simply to direction informations (like known from car navigation devices) or your climb/decline rate using beep tones just like a real variometer or view your track in real time. Additionally Google Earth is now supported (KML-File), to send (via email) and view your tracks offline on your home PC... .
The latest version supports (2.5.5) also the hydrostatic sensor (barometer), so the climb rate will be calculated based on ‘true’ air pressure like real variometer’s do.
This option will be additionally available, if your mobile
phone contain this particular sensor, otherwise Gps-based or phone acceleration sensor based calculation take place.
Feel free and enjoy your lifestyle.
Please read the short usage hints under:
- Several Fixes
- Fixes for Samsung Galaxy S3
- Barometer manuell correction added (first option in menu 'more')
2.5.6 - 2.5.9
- Add sea level calibration for barometer
- Barometer finetuning, more sensors, UI revised
- Add the hydrostatic sensor (barometer) to calculate the vertical speed (climb rate) based on ‘true’ air pressure
- Fix UI problems on larger screens
- Revise and polish complete UI
- Add realtime view of track position in online-mode
- Add route and track management
- Track view offline in the app
- Add Google Earth support to view tracks and several sensor informations offline on your PC
- Add send Tracks (KML-File) via Email
This is a test playground where very early hacks are applied.
Beware that enabling things in "FEATURES IN TESTS" may cause some heavy download and/or memory consumption.
Expect crashs & bugs :)
Weather data overlay possible. Install "mobibalises" (free or '+' versions). Then, configure within this app which data you are interested in. In Gaggle, in "features in test" you can tick weather support. Gaggle will get data from previous app. This is still early support for checking communication works well :)
This software is designed for devices with barometric sensor and gps sensor. But it will also run on devices with just a GPS sensor. You can use your device as real variometer. Barometric sensor will give you more accuracy and make software a real variometer for your para-glider.
Variometer Pro allows you to record igc file directly to the sdcard automatically..
Also able to send live data to www.livetrack24.com,
for this you could have internet access and fill your livetrack24 account info on settings page.
When gps fixed, igc record will be started and count on top-right side as Trck:...
Flight log file path is \\sdcard\variolog
Green needle shows wind direction.
You can change vario,filter settings and pilot profile from settings button.
Default and optimum filter dumper level is 8.
Alt+ and Alt- is altitude offset
Devices which supports barometric sensor :
The Vario features
• All your essential flight data - Altitude, lift, lift average etc.
• High accuracy flight data - Detects altitude changes as small as 10cm
• Custom screen layouts - Make sure you only seeing what's important to you
• Custom screen colours - High contrast options for seeing the screen in bright sunlight
• Configurable acoustic threshold - When to start your lift/sink audio
• Configurable acoustic themes - Bored of hearing your vario beep? This is for you
• Configurable filter levels - Customize the variometer to detect every change in altitude or smooth out the smaller changes
• Configurable lift averager period - Change the time your list average is calculated over
• Selectable altitude and lift units - Metric or Imperial for everything
• much much more...
The Vario flight recorder will capture your flight data 4 times a second. Once you land you can check out your flight highlights and export your flight in Excel format to share with everyone. On a 64GB micro SD card you can record up to 7 years of flight data, if you ever need it, sweet!
If you're travelling light, or forget your phone, the Flight Pod also doubles up as an acoustic vario. When connected to the Vario app the Flight Pod will run for 12 hours on a single charge. Using the Flight Pod as a standalone acoustic vario increases this to over 50 hours. If you do find the battery running out, it recharges in only 90 minutes using the same micro USB charger as your phone. Want to use the Flight Pod with XCSoar? Yep, it can do that too.
This app is fully featured for 5 minutes. After that time the app can still be used to customise the acoustic thresholds, filter levels, lift average and acoustic theme of your Flight Pod, but flight display and recording functions will be disabled. To upgrade this app to display and record unlimited flight data you will need to purchase an upgrade license. Check out our website (http://www.flightbandit.com) for more details.
Don't have a Flight Pod? You can use this app to check how the screen layout and colours will look on your phone or tablet before buying.
To find out more details about the Flight Bandit Vario check out our website at www.flightbandit.com or visit our YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqsUSGvZMJZoNrqyRzLcMeQ
Keywords: altivario, bluetooth, paragliding, hang gliding, ballooning, paraglider, parapente, pg, hg, alti, altitude, thermal, lift, sink
If the app crashes immediately on start, try to Stop GooglePlayServices in the Application Manager and restart your device.
Otherwise feel free to drop me an email.
Powerful, easy to use app especially for (powered) paragliders which can even be operated while wearing gloves (see below for details).
Paraglider Dashboard calculates wind speed and wind direction while in the air.
Display of wind triangle, tachometer, map with airspaces, variometer and more.
All important flight data is constantly shown in the info boxes.
Slide through the following Views:
* Map with airspaces and track
* Speed vectors (basis of wind calculation)
* Overview with all views
* Infoboxes with all important flight data
* GPS based Variometer (optional)
* Show past flights in a logbook
* Calculate wind triangle for different wind situations
* Set destination in map by simple long touch or select from a waypoint list
* Display of arrival time at destination taking current wind into account.
* Load airspaces in OpenAir format
* Save track as (unsigned) IGC-file
* Build-in help pages
* Simulation mode to replay IGC-files
* Metric and imperial units
* Altitude display in meter, feet or both alternating
With glove control switched on, you can control the app without using the touch screen (e.g. while wearing gloves).
A menu which is controlled by the proximity sensor allows this trick.
Just hovering the hand over the device lets the menu pop up and scroll through the available functions.
When releasing the hand again, the currently highlighted function is executed.
Why are the permissions needed:
* GPS Location: Now, that's obviously needed.
* Prevent from sleeping: Device should not switch off in midair.
* Internet access: Needed exclusively for Google Maps.
* USB storage: For saving IGC-files when closing app.
About the author:
I am flying a powered paraglider and developed this app tailored to my own needs. Feel free to contact me, if you have ideas for improvements or enhancements.
Attached images provide some documentation for the various screens available in the app.
Note that the first time the app starts it will spend some time preparing the database. The next startup the app will start much faster.
In this app you can:
* Schedule flights and fetch schedule for flights at takeoffs.
* See nearby takeoffs or explore takeoffs and airspace on a map.
* See details about each takeoff.
* Fetch NOAA forecast for each takeoff.
* Get directions to the takeoffs.
The excellent airspace map was created by Hans Cato Grytnes, more details can be found at his page at http://www.grytnes-it.no/pg/luftrom/. Do note that the map may contain errors, or simply be outdated (the map will not be automatically updated, a new release is required). Please refer to the AIP for accurate airspace information.
Improvements and suggestions are welcome.
This is an Open Source project, and the source code can be found here: https://github.com/canidae/FlyWithMe
TEST MODE works for Gingerbread Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich
This app works ONLY with an EXTERNAL USB barometric pressure sensor and does NOT work with the internal barometric pressure sensor.
From the menu you can use the 'Test Mode' and adjust the sink/lift frequencies and thresholds, QNH reading from a location near you and units of measurement imperial/metric.
Once in Test Mode, a SeekBar will be displayed to allow you to test your changes.
If your Android version is Ice Cream Sandwich AND your phone supports USB Host Mode, You have a USB On The Go cable and an adapter to the sensor USB mini connector (pictures available on our website) continue reading:
You then purchase the External (USB) Barometric Pressure Sensor available at our website this application BECOMES ALIVE.
The pressure read from the external sensor is then converted to altitude based on QNH and the vertical speed is displayed together with the temperature.
Accuracy is 0.1 millibar which translates to 70 cm or 27.5 inches.
This is accurate enough to use it as an additional indicator in the pocket of your hangglider or paraglider harness or take it with you in your sailplane or ultralight.
Do NOT USE this device as your main Altimeter/Variometer! Its accuracy is NOT good enough to use it as a flight instrument.
This is not a flying instrument but just a gadget that ... works.
If you're not flying you can still use it as an altimeter a thermometer or a barometer or all those put together in an application - on your phone.
Have fun and ... Happy Landings!
Your fast and power-efficient altimeter + variometer.
Get your elevation, climb rate and much more, wherever you are !
AltiVario can be fun too: try it in the elevator (barometric sensor required) !!
* Simple to use altimeter.
* Easy to read display with big font.
* Real-time and recorded sessions.
* Customizable screens.
* Settings to optimize GPS accuracy vs power consumption.
* GPS altitude correction using EGM 96 geoid (altitude above Mean Sea Level).
More Benefits (for devices with a barometric sensor) !
* Almost instant start-up
* No GPS nor internet connection required, uses your device barometer sensor.
* Very low power consumption, will not drain your battery as GPS-based altimeters do.
* The altimeter can run all the time in background without noticeably impacting battery life.
* More accurate than GPS-based altimeters.
* Manual and auto calibration.
Features of the free version of the AltiVario altimeter:
* Free !!
* Recording and display of elevation and pressure in real-time.
* Display of recorded sessions, even while a live session is ongoing
* Panels to display:
Average climb rate
* Panels can be added freely on 2 sliding windows for a fully customized experience
* Checkpoints to display data (elevation, pressure) at a given instant in time or between two instants.
* Metric and imperial units
* Settable recording and display rate
* Lockable portrait and landscape display
* Homescreen and lockscreen widgets
Paid Pro-version of the AltiVario altimeter includes following extra features:
* More panels:
Cumulated elevation gain
Cumulated elevation loss
* Export recorded data (timestamp, pressure, elevation)
* No ads
I welcome feedback, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org !
It provides :
- Airspaces display and alarm
- Vario (only if barometer is available)
- GPS Tracer
- Trace chart and review
- Live tracking (LiveTrack24)
- Paragliding points of interest
- Weather informations
- Barometer support (very first beta)
- Open Street Map support (with offline support)
The user can share his data to other users of the application.
Please give me a feedback about bug or feature request or new datapack needed.
Main supported features:
* FAI assistant
* Online-contest track optimization during flight
* One-click flight upload to XContest server
* full featured device for competition flying
* Thermal assistant
* Airspaces support - including automatic updates from http://airspace.xcontest.org
* Terrain map
* Wind computing
* Fully customizable display
* Automatic actions to minimize in-flight user interaction.
XCTrack development is supported by donations. Please donate to help us keep up the development.
You need waypoints, airspaces and a map file on the SD card. Read the manual for installation instructions (http://www.xcsoar.org/ ).
Report problems in our bug tracker: http://bugs.xcsoar.org/newticket
This is free software, developed by dozens of volunteers all over the world in their free time. New developers welcome.
We cannot answer questions in PlayStore comments. If you want to contact us, we have a forum.
If this seems like gibberish you probably don't want this application. ;-)
For more information see our discussion group: http://www.diydrones.com/group/andropilot-users-group
If you like this app, please give us a good rating on the Play Store. If you find a bug in this volunteer written application, please report it here: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/issues. Using our bug-tracker gives us a better way to respond than just anonymous play store comments.
This application is released under the GNU Public License v3. Copyright 2012 Kevin Hester.
Full license and other information on github: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/wiki
This application watches to see if your cellphone is in the house, if it is it assumes you must be as well. It only uses this information to 'veto' auto-away detection, so as long as you are the type to never leave your cellphone at home it will always do the right thing. Even if others in your house don't use this application or a cellphone.
After a week of use, come back to this application to see a report of how many times it has made you more comfortable.
Please this is a beta test and I wrote this free application for fun. If you see problems please send me an email at the address below rather than giving a low rating. If you have ideas for how this application could be better please also send me an email.
Away Smarter will always stay free, but someday I might add an optional donation button.
"Away Smarter works with Nest"
GeoSMS will also display SMS messages from Spot satellite messengers. The free version has a (large) limited number of SMSes before you must donate or reinstall - please donate.
Purchase this application to support the continued development of the (free) GeoSMS tool.
Support development of the only SMS based geolocation tool.
This is not a stand alone application, it requires the free "GeoSMS" application on the Android Market.