If the app crashes immediately on start, try to Stop GooglePlayServices in the Application Manager and restart your device.
Otherwise feel free to drop me an email.
Powerful, easy to use app especially for (powered) paragliders which can even be operated while wearing gloves (see below for details).
Paraglider Dashboard calculates wind speed and wind direction while in the air.
Display of wind triangle, tachometer, map with airspaces, variometer and more.
All important flight data is constantly shown in the info boxes.
Slide through the following Views:
* Map with airspaces and track
* Speed vectors (basis of wind calculation)
* Overview with all views
* Infoboxes with all important flight data
* GPS based Variometer (optional)
* Show past flights in a logbook
* Calculate wind triangle for different wind situations
* Set destination in map by simple long touch or select from a waypoint list
* Display of arrival time at destination taking current wind into account.
* Load airspaces in OpenAir format
* Save track as (unsigned) IGC-file
* Build-in help pages
* Simulation mode to replay IGC-files
* Metric and imperial units
* Altitude display in meter, feet or both alternating
With glove control switched on, you can control the app without using the touch screen (e.g. while wearing gloves).
A menu which is controlled by the proximity sensor allows this trick.
Just hovering the hand over the device lets the menu pop up and scroll through the available functions.
When releasing the hand again, the currently highlighted function is executed.
Why are the permissions needed:
* GPS Location: Now, that's obviously needed.
* Prevent from sleeping: Device should not switch off in midair.
* Internet access: Needed exclusively for Google Maps.
* USB storage: For saving IGC-files when closing app.
About the author:
I am flying a powered paraglider and developed this app tailored to my own needs. Feel free to contact me, if you have ideas for improvements or enhancements.
It does what the name sais with the following features:
- Altimeter with altivariometer indication the vertical speed acoustic and in a classical scale (+- 5m/s or +- 10 feets/s)
- It can speak the vertical speed, so it is cool for audio only
- It has tracking/recording of the flights in icg file so you can download and post the track to various sites
- Last thermal point inside the compass
- Wind direction
- Last X (configurable - default 10) seconds altitude gain/lost
- Flight duration
- History of the tracks recorded with (max altitude, start end altitude, max min vertical speed, etc)
- 'Look around' feature to get from the internet the paragliding places around your location
- Lots of settings capabilities
- User manual at http://avario.co.nf/
Attached images provide some documentation for the various screens available in the app.
Note that the first time the app starts it will spend some time preparing the database. The next startup the app will start much faster.
In this app you can:
* Schedule flights and fetch schedule for flights at takeoffs.
* See nearby takeoffs or explore takeoffs and airspace on a map.
* See details about each takeoff.
* Fetch NOAA forecast for each takeoff.
* Get directions to the takeoffs.
The excellent airspace map was created by Hans Cato Grytnes, more details can be found at his page at http://www.grytnes-it.no/pg/luftrom/. Do note that the map may contain errors, or simply be outdated (the map will not be automatically updated, a new release is required). Please refer to the AIP for accurate airspace information.
Improvements and suggestions are welcome.
This is an Open Source project, and the source code can be found here: https://github.com/canidae/FlyWithMe
It provides :
- Airspaces display and alarm
- Vario (only if barometer is available)
- GPS Tracer
- Trace chart and review
- Live tracking (LiveTrack24)
- Paragliding points of interest
- Weather informations
- Barometer support (very first beta)
- Open Street Map support (with offline support)
The user can share his data to other users of the application.
Please give me a feedback about bug or feature request or new datapack needed.
Replay your recorded flights.
Integrated Offline Map Creator:
Create your offline maps with the new PPGpS Offline Map Creator.
Prepare your flight maps at home and use them where you don't have access to internet during the flight.
-Real time flight information
-Wind direction and speed estimation
-Takeoff and Landing phases auto-detection
-Return home information (display estimated travel time and bearing)
-Fuel calculation and warning
-Emergency geo-localized SMS
-Localization with GPS
-Barometric sensor support to improve altitude accuracy
-QHN, QFE Altimeter setting
-Online and offline maps
-Offline maps creator
-Google Maps and OpenStreetMap map providers
-Log flights in KML (for Google Earth) and IGC (Leonardo servers) files
-Replay recorded flights
-Especially developed for Paramotor
-Embedded User Manual and Tip of the day feature.
-Real time flight tracking on www.ppgps.info
PPGpS can display Google or OpenStreetMap maps in connected mode.
Download map files in your smartphone in case you don't have an internet connection during the flight.
Use the integrated PPGpS Offline Map Creator to generate offline maps.
PPGpS provides the altitude, vario, bearing, magnetic compass, acceleration and ground speed.
With just one click on instruments you switch easily between different data modes : instantaneous, average and maximum values.
Altimeter can be set to actual altitude or elevation (QHN, QFE) just by longpressing on the altimeter.
If your smartphone has a barometric sensor, it could be used to compute a very accurate altitude.
Create waypoints by tapping on the map or by entering their GPS coordinates.
Select a waypoint with one click on the waypoint instrument (WPT).
Rename or remove a waypoint from the contextual menu of the waypoint list.
Follow the displayed route (bearing, estimated travel time and distance).
Prepare your waypoints from Google Earth and import your KML files (PPGpS folder in the phone).
Waypoints may be automatically loaded at startup and saved at the end of the session.
In case your KML file doesn't import well, please send me the file and I will fix it quickly.
*WIND AND SPEEDS HUD:
The average ground speeds are graphically displayed for every azimuth.
The wind direction is displayed (red arrow) and may be reset at any time during the flight.
Home direction and Estimated Travel Time to return home is always displayed (shaded red line).
Computations are done according to the wind for accurate results.
Enable the Live Tracking feature to allow your friends and family to see you live on map ! Go to www.ppgps.info for more details.
Launch the Demonstration mode to have a quick tour.
Missing features in the Lite version:
-Log flights in KML/IGC format
-QNH/QFE altimeter setting
-The annoying popups are removed in the Full version
Thanks for trying it, and if it fits your needs please consider upgrading to the full version.
Find us at www.facebook.com/ppgps
Enjoy your PPG flights with PPGpS and thank you for your feedback.
Don't hesitate to send me your flight kml logs by mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
App for Paragliders and Hanggliders.
-Display data from the FlyNet variometer sent via a Bluetooth.
-BEEP like a real variometer.
-Display sensor data contained in the mobile phone itself (GPS, compass).
-Display positions of other users who are flying in the same area.
-Display all detected thermal currents.
-May vibrate instead of beeping.
-Flight directly recorded on FlyNet Track (Data may be stored on the device too and send on FlyNet track later).
-Flight exportable in IGC or kml from FlyNet Track
-View live or old flights through Google Earth.
-Configurable user interface.
The FlyNet app is composed by three screens :
-Control screen : Use this screen to configure the system.
-Map screen : Displays the main flight parameters (altitude, vertical and horizontal speed), the compass and geographic data (positions, relative heights and intensities of thermal currents and positions of other pilots) via the interactive map.
-Data screen : Displays the main parameters, secondary parameters and detailed statistics of the flight (time, flight duration, distance travelled, current flight statistics, instant GPS position).
More information on www.asinstrument.ch
Using speech instructions you can enjoy your course and listen simply to direction informations (like known from car navigation devices) or your climb/decline rate using beep tones just like a real variometer or view your track in real time. Additionally Google Earth is now supported (KML-File), to send (via email) and view your tracks offline on your home PC... .
The latest version supports (2.5.5) also the hydrostatic sensor (barometer), so the climb rate will be calculated based on ‘true’ air pressure like real variometer’s do.
This option will be additionally available, if your mobile
phone contain this particular sensor, otherwise Gps-based or phone acceleration sensor based calculation take place.
Feel free and enjoy your lifestyle.
Please read the short usage hints under:
- Several Fixes
- Fixes for Samsung Galaxy S3
- Barometer manuell correction added (first option in menu 'more')
2.5.6 - 2.5.9
- Add sea level calibration for barometer
- Barometer finetuning, more sensors, UI revised
- Add the hydrostatic sensor (barometer) to calculate the vertical speed (climb rate) based on ‘true’ air pressure
- Fix UI problems on larger screens
- Revise and polish complete UI
- Add realtime view of track position in online-mode
- Add route and track management
- Track view offline in the app
- Add Google Earth support to view tracks and several sensor informations offline on your PC
- Add send Tracks (KML-File) via Email
This software is designed for devices with barometric sensor and gps sensor. But it will also run on devices with just a GPS sensor. You can use your device as real variometer. Barometric sensor will give you more accuracy and make software a real variometer for your para-glider.
Variometer Pro allows you to record igc file directly to the sdcard automatically..
Also able to send live data to www.livetrack24.com,
for this you could have internet access and fill your livetrack24 account info on settings page.
When gps fixed, igc record will be started and count on top-right side as Trck:...
Flight log file path is \\sdcard\variolog
Green needle shows wind direction.
You can change vario,filter settings and pilot profile from settings button.
Default and optimum filter dumper level is 8.
Alt+ and Alt- is altitude offset
Devices which supports barometric sensor :
Main supported features:
* FAI assistant
* Online-contest track optimization during flight
* One-click flight upload to XContest server
* full featured device for competition flying
* Thermal assistant
* Airspaces support - including automatic updates from http://airspace.xcontest.org
* Terrain map
* Wind computing
* Fully customizable display
* Automatic actions to minimize in-flight user interaction.
XCTrack development is supported by donations. Please donate to help us keep up the development.
Paragliding, hang gliding and all air sports, Radio Control Plane and skiing, sailing, mountain climbing, etc.
Portal tracker instruments for all Outdoor sports.
Support MOBAC offline map & Self Downloading OSM & Support MapsForge(.map) offline map
Support FAI-CIVL(http://vali.fai-civl.org/supported.html) valid IGC files. (GNSS : http://g-variometer-vali.blogspot.kr)
Flight instruments is expensive, but your phone is also expensive equipment.
Your phone is better than that , you can perform a variety of functions.
Using Compass & GPS & Pressure Sensor, flight time, speed, altitude, vertical speed, L/D is displayed.
If your phone is equipped with pressure sensor, In air sports mode, variometer functions can be maximized.
Pressure Sensor sensitivity of this filter using the Fourier Transform is better than any other filter using a simple lowpass filter or kalman.
Therefore more precise user setting is possible.
After simple one click, Ready to take off at once, auto-start-stop, manual-start-stop is possible
Big font and high contrast raised the visibility in outdoor.
Through manual built in the app, you can learn easily how to use.
Flight time, battery level, GPS status, and vertical speed, maximum speed, speed, maximum altitude, altitude, Hpa pressure, temperature (varies by altitude), weather (wind direction, wind speed), Task orientation, remaining distance, the total path length, Fuel Gage(for Motor Skysports) are displayed
It displays the direction and intensity of drift and thermal detecting also.
Waypoint and Route creation is easier and faster than any other app.
Waypoint Import Export Support (WPT, CUP format)
Map of the Google, OSM, mapquest, Naver, GoogleV2 is in use.
Track play function is best function same as seeing the actual flight.
Indexing and rewinding and the execution speed can be adjusted.
You can also see in 3D Track(shared track) with 3D terrain maps(shared track).
Seeing track thumbnail, you can easily find a specific flight record and
Your indexing speed can be also fast through altitude graph.
Track files can be sent via email to other users and
In addition, KML, GPX files are saved and automatically converted.
Navigation displays to the users the real-time shortest course from the current location and flight direction to next task, remaining distance, needed altitude against glide ratio
In briefing, share discussion with colleagues easy.
The units (mile, feet, meter, knot, ft / s, m / s, mph, kph, ℃, ℉) can be freely selected.
Coordinate system of the DD-MM-SS.SS, UTM, WGS84, etc can be selected
When performing in background Mode, track can be recorded throughout the day precisely and
During the mode, the sonic variometer functions and task passing, starting height sound alarm can be performed continuously.
The altitude can be set in a variety of ways.
Based Terrain Elevation, sea level air pressure reference, GPS altitude, the user manual setting is possible.
GPS environment will be best in flight, You can get reliable performance.
For feature requests and uncomfortable, please send mail to.
You need waypoints, airspaces and a map file on the SD card. Read the manual for installation instructions (http://www.xcsoar.org/ ).
Report problems in our bug tracker: http://bugs.xcsoar.org/newticket
This is free software, developed by dozens of volunteers all over the world in their free time. New developers welcome.
We cannot answer questions in PlayStore comments. If you want to contact us, we have a forum.
ParaJournal is compatible with all devices running Android 4.0 or higher, and was designed by a pilot, with the needs of a pilot in mind. As we often travel abroad, all logbook functions with the exception of the map, can be used offline. The darker theme used on the user interface aims at saving battery power to stretch your device use when a power outlet is not always nearby. Interface has been optimized for different screen sizes.
* Flight logbook
- Total flying time and flight time excluding ridge soaring flights
- Flight time per paraglider/hangglider
- Yearly average flying hours
* Flight records
- Max altitude
- Max distance
- Longest flight (Both time and distance)
- Counters for your XC flights over 20km, over 50km, etc...
* Automatically create flights from your GPS's IGC files
- Import IGC by opening it from email attachment, or anywhere in android using a file explorer, or directly from within ParaJournal
* When creating a flight from an IGC, your flight path is plotted on an interactive full screen map
- An experimental distance calculator has been added as well, this is still very slow on longer flight, but will be improved!
- You can now also open your flight in Google Earth on your phone, to view it in 3D! (Google Earth required)
* Order your flights by date, location and more.
* Backup and restore your flights to and from the SD card when changing devices
POSSIBLE FUTURE IMPLEMENTATIONS:
* Share paragliding/hang gliding flight details to other apps (FB, G+, etc.)
* History of reserve repacks
* History of wing inspections
* Cloud storage, and synching between devices
Spend more time paragliding / hang gliding, and less time doing admin!
Thanks to Etienne Coupez, Jamie Glendinning and Mariusz Kopacki and others for Beta testing
Any problems or questions? Email me! Great care has been taken to ensure this app runs stable on all supported devices. Should you have a crash PLEASE report it. Thanks!
Bitte beachten, dass Lufträume einiger Länder veraltet sein können (siehe Daten bei DFC Saar e.V.)
• Zugriff auf DHV Fluggeländedatenbank
• Zugriff auf Lufträume von Deutschland, Österreich, Frankreich, Schweiz, Italien
• Streckenplanung mit Markierungen für FAI Dreieck
• Flugmodus mit Anzeige von Position, Flugspur, Richtung, Geschwindigkeit, Höhe, Steigen
• Gelände und Lufträume offline verfügbar
• Geländedatenbank jederzeit per Download aktualisierbar
• Lufträume jederzeit per Download aktualisierbar
• Automatische Datenaktualisierung
• Anzeige Fluggelände auf Karte oder in Listenform
• Karte in Straßen- und Satellitenansicht
• Startarten Hang, Schlepp farblich markiert
• Anzeige der Startrichtungen auf Karte
• Anzeige der benötigten Gleitzahl zwischen Start- und Landeplatz auf Karte
• Suchkriterien: Umkreis in km vom Ort, Gleitschirm/Hängegleiter, Startrichtungsbereich, min. Höhendifferenz, Startart, Zugang (Auto, zu Fuß, öffentl. Verkehrsm.)
• Geländesuche nach Kriterien im Umkreis
o des aktuellen Ortes
o eines gesuchten Ortes (Ort oder Geländename)
o eines auf der Karte gesetzten Ortes
• Geländeliste sortiert nach Entfernung vom Ort inkl. Kilometerangabe
• Anrufen von Telefonnummern der Geländekontakte
• Aufruf von Gelände-Webseiten
• Aufruf der DHV Geländeseite
• Mails an Geländekontakte verfassen
• Navigieren zu Start- und Landeplätzen über ext. App
• Anzeige aller Informationen aus der Geländedatenbank
• Lufträume auf Karte farblich markiert nach Klasse
• Luftrauminfo Name, Klasse, Unter- und Obergrenze
• Luftraum Unter- und Obergrenze werden zusätzlich umgerechnet in Meter angezeigt.
• Luftraumklassen einzeln aus- und einblendbar
Ich habe die App nach meinen Möglichkeiten getestet. Sollte es dennoch zu Fehlfunktionen der App kommen, bitte schickt mir vor einer schlechten Bewertung einen Fehlerbericht und gebt mir die Möglichkeit diesen zu beheben. Das kommt auch den anderen Nutzern zugute und führt zu höherer Motivation beim Autor. Bitte bedenken, die App wird kostenlos und werbefrei zur Verfügung gestellt,
Mit der Nutzung der App stimmt der Benutzer den Nutzungsbedingungen des DHV für die
Geländedatenbank zu. Diese ist in der App über einen Link als PDF verfügbar.
Die Daten für die Lufträume wurden durch den DFC Saar e.V. zur Verfügung gestellt. Eine kommerzielle Nutzung der Daten wird vom Anbieter der Daten ausgeschlossen.
Ich übernehme keine Gewähr für die Richtigkeit der Daten der DHV Geländedatenbank und der Lufträume. Nutzung der Daten und der App auf eigenes Risiko.
Datenschutz: Es werden keine direkt personenbezogenen Daten an mich oder Dritte weitergeleitet. Die App nutzt Google Maps. Inwieweit hier Daten an Google geschickt werden, bitte deren Datenschutzregelungen entnehmen. Zur Qualitätssicherung wird Bugsense eingesetzt. Bei Abstürzen und Downloadproblemen erhalte ich hierdurch Informationen zum Fehler, sowie Hard- und Softwareinformationen. Es werden auch hier keine personenbezogenen Daten gesammelt.
If this seems like gibberish you probably don't want this application. ;-)
For more information see our discussion group: http://www.diydrones.com/group/andropilot-users-group
If you like this app, please give us a good rating on the Play Store. If you find a bug in this volunteer written application, please report it here: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/issues. Using our bug-tracker gives us a better way to respond than just anonymous play store comments.
This application is released under the GNU Public License v3. Copyright 2012 Kevin Hester.
Full license and other information on github: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/wiki
This application watches to see if your cellphone is in the house, if it is it assumes you must be as well. It only uses this information to 'veto' auto-away detection, so as long as you are the type to never leave your cellphone at home it will always do the right thing. Even if others in your house don't use this application or a cellphone.
After a week of use, come back to this application to see a report of how many times it has made you more comfortable.
Please this is a beta test and I wrote this free application for fun. If you see problems please send me an email at the address below rather than giving a low rating. If you have ideas for how this application could be better please also send me an email.
Away Smarter will always stay free, but someday I might add an optional donation button.
"Away Smarter works with Nest"
GeoSMS will also display SMS messages from Spot satellite messengers. The free version has a (large) limited number of SMSes before you must donate or reinstall - please donate.
Purchase this application to support the continued development of the (free) GeoSMS tool.
Support development of the only SMS based geolocation tool.
This is not a stand alone application, it requires the free "GeoSMS" application on the Android Market.