This is a test playground where very early hacks are applied.
Beware that enabling things in "FEATURES IN TESTS" may cause some heavy download and/or memory consumption.
Expect crashs & bugs :)
Weather data overlay possible. Install "mobibalises" (free or '+' versions). Then, configure within this app which data you are interested in. In Gaggle, in "features in test" you can tick weather support. Gaggle will get data from previous app. This is still early support for checking communication works well :)
Google map is available, software marks your position on the map during the flight.
This software is designed for devices with barometric sensor and gps sensor. But it will also run on devices with just a GPS sensor. You can use your device as real variometer. Barometric sensor will give you more accuracy and make software a real variometer for your paraglider.
This software allows you to record igc file directly to the sdcard.
Flightlog file path is \\sdcard\variolog
Green needle shows wind direction.
You can change vario,filter settings and pilot profile from settings button.
Default and optimum filter dumper level is 8.
Alt+ and Alt- is altitude offset
Devices which supports barometric sensor :
Also you may check my offline map vario app from:
It provides :
- Airspaces display and alarm
- Vario (only if barometer is available)
- GPS Tracer
- Trace chart and review
- Live tracking (Leonardo Live)
- Paragliding points of interest
- Weather informations
- Barometer support (very first beta)
- Open Street Map support (with offline support)
The user can share his data to other users of the application.
Please give me a feedback about bug or feature request or new datapack needed.
Paragliding, hanglider, delta, parapente, spot, paraglide, hang glide
It does what the name sais with the following features:
- Altimeter with altivariometer indication the vertical speed acoustic and in a classical scale (+- 5m/s or +- 10 feets/s)
- It can speak the vertical speed, so it is cool for audio only
- It has tracking/recording of the flights in icg file so you can download and post the track to various sites
- Last thermal point inside the compass
- Wind direction
- Last X (configurable - default 10) seconds altitude gain/lost
- Flight duration
- History of the tracks recorded with (max altitude, start end altitude, max min vertical speed, etc)
- 'Look around' feature to get from the internet the paragliding places around your location
- Lots of settings capabilities
- User manual at http://avario.co.nf/
Using speech instructions you can enjoy your course and listen simply to direction informations (like known from car navigation devices) or your climb/decline rate using beep tones just like a real variometer or view your track in real time. Additionally Google Earth is now supported (KML-File), to send (via email) and view your tracks offline on your home PC... .
The latest version supports (2.5.5) also the hydrostatic sensor (barometer), so the climb rate will be calculated based on ‘true’ air pressure like real variometer’s do.
This option will be additionally available, if your mobile
phone contain this particular sensor, otherwise Gps-based or phone acceleration sensor based calculation take place.
Feel free and enjoy your lifestyle.
Please read the short usage hints under:
- Several Fixes
- Fixes for Samsung Galaxy S3
- Barometer manuell correction added (first option in menu 'more')
2.5.6 - 2.5.9
- Add sea level calibration for barometer
- Barometer finetuning, more sensors, UI revised
- Add the hydrostatic sensor (barometer) to calculate the vertical speed (climb rate) based on ‘true’ air pressure
- Fix UI problems on larger screens
- Revise and polish complete UI
- Add realtime view of track position in online-mode
- Add route and track management
- Track view offline in the app
- Add Google Earth support to view tracks and several sensor informations offline on your PC
- Add send Tracks (KML-File) via Email
This application is done for gliding people who want to see other pilots in a map. Pretty useful when you are not sure about the weather conditions or when you want to locate your friends, husband or wife on a map.
How does it work: It simply sends your own position to other users, and they show specific icons on the map.
Privacy: no personal information is send (except for a nickname, the GPS position and the glide type).
You need an internet 3G connection (illimited ?) and also a GPS on your phone.
This application is done for:
- air balloon
Paraglider Dashboard calculates wind speed and wind direction while in the air.
Display of wind triangle, tachometer, map with airspaces, variometer and more.
All important flight data is constantly shown in the info boxes.
Slide through the following Views:
* Map with airspaces and track
* Speed vectors (basis of wind calculation)
* Overview with all views (except map)
* Infoboxes with all important flight data
* GPS based Variometer (optional)
* Show past flights in a logbook
* Calculate wind triangle for different wind situations
* Set destination in map by simple long touch or select from a waypoint list
* Display of arrival time at destination taking current wind into account.
* Load airspaces in OpenAir format
* Save track as (unsigned) IGC-file
* Build-in help pages
* Simulation mode to replay IGC-files
* Metric and imperial units
* Altitude display in meter, feet or both alternating
With glove control switched on, you can control the app without using the touch screen (e.g. while wearing gloves).
A menu which is controlled by the proximity sensor allows this trick.
Just hovering the hand over the device lets the menu pop up and scroll through the available functions.
When releasing the hand again, the currently highlighted function is executed.
Why are the permissions needed:
* GPS Location: Now, that's obviously needed.
* Prevent from sleeping: Device should not switch off in midair.
* Internet access: Needed exclusively for Google Maps.
* USB storage: For saving IGC-files when closing app.
About the author:
I am flying a powered paraglider and developed this app tailored to my own needs. Feel free to contact me, if you have ideas for improvements or enhancements.
*New: Integrated Offline Map Creator
Create your offline maps with the new PPGpS Offline Map Creator.
Prepare your flight maps at home and use them where you don't have access to internet during the flight.
-Real time flight information
-Wind direction and speed estimation
-Takeoff and Landing phases auto-detection
-Return home information (display estimated travel time and bearing)
-Fuel calculation and warning
-Emergency geo-localized SMS
-Localization with GPS
-Barometric sensor support to improve altitude accuracy
-QHN, QFE Altimeter setting
-Online and offline maps
-Offline maps creator
-Google Maps and OpenStreetMap map providers
-Log flights in KML (for Google Earth) and IGC (Leonardo servers) files
-Especially developed for Paramotor
-Embedded User Manual and Tip of the day feature.
-Real time flight tracking on www.ppgps.info
PPGpS can display Google or OpenStreetMap maps in connected mode.
Download map files in your smartphone in case you don't have an internet connection during the flight.
Use the integrated PPGpS Offline Map Creator to generate offline maps.
PPGpS provides the altitude, vario, bearing, magnetic compass, acceleration and ground speed.
With just one click on instruments you switch easily between different data modes : instantaneous, average and maximum values.
Altimeter can be set to actual altitude or elevation (QHN, QFE) just by longpressing on the altimeter.
If your smartphone has a barometric sensor, it could be used to compute a very accurate altitude.
Create waypoints by tapping on the map or by entering their GPS coordinates.
Select a waypoint with one click on the waypoint instrument (WPT).
Rename or remove a waypoint from the contextual menu of the waypoint list.
Follow the displayed route (bearing, estimated travel time and distance).
Prepare your waypoints from Google Earth and import your KML files (PPGpS folder in the phone).
Waypoints may be automatically loaded at startup and saved at the end of the session.
In case your KML file doesn't import well, please send me the file and I will fix it quickly.
*WIND AND SPEEDS HUD:
The average ground speeds are graphically displayed for every azimuth.
The wind direction is displayed (red arrow) and may be reset at any time during the flight.
Home direction and Estimated Travel Time to return home is always displayed (shaded red line).
Computations are done according to the wind for accurate results.
Enable the Live Tracking feature to allow your friends and family to see you live on map ! Go to www.ppgps.info for more details.
Launch the Demonstration mode to have a quick tour.
Find us at www.facebook.com/ppgps
Enjoy your PPG flights with PPGpS and thank you for your feedback.
Don't hesitate to send me your flight kml logs by mail : email@example.com
You need waypoints, airspaces and a map file on the SD card. Read the manual for installation instructions (http://www.xcsoar.org/ ).
Report problems in our bug tracker: http://bugs.xcsoar.org/newticket
This is free software, developed by dozens of volunteers all over the world in their free time. New developers welcome.
We cannot answer questions in PlayStore comments. If you want to contact us, we have a forum.
Bitte beachten, dass Lufträume einiger Länder veraltet sein können (siehe Daten bei DFC Saar e.V.)
• Zugriff auf DHV Fluggeländedatenbank
• Zugriff auf Lufträume von Deutschland, Österreich, Frankreich, Schweiz, Italien
• Streckenplanung mit Markierungen für FAI Dreieck
• Flugmodus mit Anzeige von Position, Flugspur, Richtung, Geschwindigkeit, Höhe, Steigen
• Gelände und Lufträume offline verfügbar
• Geländedatenbank jederzeit per Download aktualisierbar
• Lufträume jederzeit per Download aktualisierbar
• Automatische Datenaktualisierung
• Anzeige Fluggelände auf Karte oder in Listenform
• Karte in Straßen- und Satellitenansicht
• Startarten Hang, Schlepp farblich markiert
• Anzeige der Startrichtungen auf Karte
• Anzeige der benötigten Gleitzahl zwischen Start- und Landeplatz auf Karte
• Suchkriterien: Umkreis in km vom Ort, Gleitschirm/Hängegleiter, Startrichtungsbereich, min. Höhendifferenz, Startart, Zugang (Auto, zu Fuß, öffentl. Verkehrsm.)
• Geländesuche nach Kriterien im Umkreis
o des aktuellen Ortes
o eines gesuchten Ortes (Ort oder Geländename)
o eines auf der Karte gesetzten Ortes
• Geländeliste sortiert nach Entfernung vom Ort inkl. Kilometerangabe
• Anrufen von Telefonnummern der Geländekontakte
• Aufruf von Gelände-Webseiten
• Aufruf der DHV Geländeseite
• Mails an Geländekontakte verfassen
• Navigieren zu Start- und Landeplätzen über ext. App
• Anzeige aller Informationen aus der Geländedatenbank
• Lufträume auf Karte farblich markiert nach Klasse
• Luftrauminfo Name, Klasse, Unter- und Obergrenze
• Luftraum Unter- und Obergrenze werden zusätzlich umgerechnet in Meter angezeigt.
• Luftraumklassen einzeln aus- und einblendbar
Ich habe die App nach meinen Möglichkeiten getestet. Sollte es dennoch zu Fehlfunktionen der App kommen, bitte schickt mir vor einer schlechten Bewertung einen Fehlerbericht und gebt mir die Möglichkeit diesen zu beheben. Das kommt auch den anderen Nutzern zugute.
Mit der Nutzung der App stimmt der Benutzer den Nutzungsbedingungen des DHV für die
Geländedatenbank zu. Diese ist in der App über einen Link als PDF verfügbar.
Die Daten für die Lufträume wurden durch den DFC Saar e.V. zur Verfügung gestellt. Eine kommerzielle Nutzung der Daten wird vom Anbieter der Daten ausgeschlossen.
Ich übernehme keine Gewähr für die Richtigkeit der Daten der DHV Geländedatenbank und der Lufträume. Nutzung der Daten und der App auf eigenes Risiko.
Paragliding, hang gliding and all air sports, Radio Control Plane and skiing, sailing, mountain climbing, etc.
Portal tracker instruments for all Outdoor sports.
Support FAI-CIVL valid IGC files. (GNSS : http://g-variometer-vali.blogspot.kr)
Flight instruments is expensive, but your phone is also expensive equipment.
Your phone is better than that , you can perform a variety of functions.
Using Compass & GPS & Pressure Sensor, flight time, speed, altitude, vertical speed, L/D is displayed.
If your phone is equipped with pressure sensor, In air sports mode, variometer functions can be maximized.
Pressure Sensor sensitivity of this filter using the Fourier Transform is better than any other filter using a simple lowpass filter or kalman.
Therefore more precise user setting is possible.
After simple one click, Ready to take off at once, auto-start-stop, manual-start-stop is possible
Big font and high contrast raised the visibility in outdoor.
Through manual built in the app, you can learn easily how to use.
Flight time, battery level, GPS status, and vertical speed, maximum speed, speed, maximum altitude, altitude, Hpa pressure, temperature (varies by altitude), weather (wind direction, wind speed), Task orientation, remaining distance, the total path length, Fuel Gage(for Motor Skysports) are displayed
It displays the direction and intensity of drift and thermal detecting also.
Waypoint and Route creation is easier and faster than any other app.
Map of the Google, OSM, mapquest, Naver is in use.
Track play function is best function same as seeing the actual flight.
Indexing and rewinding and the execution speed can be adjusted.
Seeing track thumbnail, you can easily find a specific flight record and
Your indexing speed can be also fast through altitude graph.
Track files can be sent via email to other users and
In addition, KML, GPX files are saved and automatically converted.
Navigation displays to the users the real-time shortest course from the current location and flight direction to next task, remaining distance, needed altitude against glide ratio
In briefing, share discussion with colleagues easy.
The units (mile, feet, meter, knot, ft / s, m / s, mph, kph, ℃, ℉) can be freely selected.
Coordinate system of the DD-MM-SS.SS, UTM, WGS84, etc can be selected
When performing in background Mode, track can be recorded throughout the day precisely and
During the mode, the sonic variometer functions and task passing, starting height sound alarm can be performed continuously.
The altitude can be set in a variety of ways.
Based Terrain Elevation, sea level air pressure reference, GPS altitude, the user manual setting is possible.
GPS environment will be best in flight, You can get reliable performance.
For feature requests and uncomfortable, please send mail to.
AdventureAlert detects when an accident has occurred and automatically sends an SMS message indicating your GPS position to the contacts you select.
AdventureAlert monitors your activities through GPS and motion sensors on your handset.
AdventureAlert deemed to be situated in a potential accident situation when you have stopped moving for a long time. At that point the application will alert you with an audible alarm.
The accident detection alarm will sound during configurable time. If you do not stop the alarm during this time an automatic message will be sent to the contacts taht you have selected.
For the correct operation of this application is ESSENTIAL to have a receiver and GPS signal coverage.
In the same way it is essential to have telephone coverage for sending the SMS message.
Additionally AdventureAlert can help you find your mobile phone if you lose it during the course of your activity since it will send an SMS to contacts selected with the position where the phone is located.
KEYWORDS: Climbing, mountaineering, hiking, mountain biking, motorcycling, motorcycles, quads, cycling, skiing, skiing, snowboarding, paragliding, hang gliding, microlight, paragliding, horseback riding, horse riding, horse riding, traveling solo cayack, rafting, Rescue, Beacon, SOS Alarm, accident.
By using the program, you understand and accept that Digitalpointer and its developers assume no liability on any injuries, damages or whatever consequences arising from
the risk activity that you are going to practice.
You also understand and accept that Digitalpointer and its developers assume no liability on any injuries, damages or whatever economical consequences, directly or indirectly, derived of real or false alarms sent by the application.
You also acknowledge and understand that the application that you are going to run requires for its correct functioning of :
- Fine GPS localization signal reception.
- Mobile telephony signal coverage for sending the SMS.
You also understand that those can be lost as a consequence of the normal development of your activity.
You also understand that your mobile phone operator can charge you for each SMS automatically sent by the application.
More from developer
If this seems like gibberish you probably don't want this application. ;-)
For more information see our discussion group: http://www.diydrones.com/group/andropilot-users-group
If you like this app, please give us a good rating on the Play Store. If you find a bug in this volunteer written application, please report it here: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/issues. Using our bug-tracker gives us a better way to respond than just anonymous play store comments.
This application is released under the GNU Public License v3. Copyright 2012 Kevin Hester.
Full license and other information on github: https://github.com/geeksville/arduleader/wiki
GeoSMS will also display SMS messages from Spot satellite messengers. The free version has a (large) limited number of SMSes before you must donate or reinstall - please donate.
Purchase this application to support the continued development of the (free) GeoSMS tool.
Support development of the only SMS based geolocation tool.
This is not a stand alone application, it requires the free "GeoSMS" application on the Android Market.