Lower screen light.
Simple, Intuitive, Useful.
Quickly control in notification.
Automatically dim and brighten as environment.
One click icon to switch dim and bright.
Auto launch at the specific time.
Support color filter.
Keywords : Dimmer, brightness, screen light, night mode.
WRITE_SETTINGS: change system brightness
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: make screen darker
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: auto launch after reboot (only works in time mode)
GET_TASKS: exclude specify app from auto launch (only works in auto mode)
Support Tasker: receive broadcast with these actions to control Dimmer
e.g. Add Tasker command: Action Category → Misc → Send Intent → Action
Dimmer Develop Group http://goo.gl/03dsL1
Help refine and translate into your language.
Welcome to contribute Dimmer open source project.
Apk installation failed: Android disable the installation whenever any app with permission SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW is active.
Some devices are not support disable physical button backlight.
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt.
== Use Cases ==
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
== Permissions ==
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
Keywords: night mode, nightmode, screen filter, dim screen, screen dimmer, low light screen, privacy filter, brightness, light, sensor
Screen Dimmer enable you to low the brightness of your phone or tablet even lower than what you can do by default in order to avoid headache and eye pain in a dark environment or at night. If you own an Amoled screen, this app will even save your battery because the black pixels actually turn off on an Amoled screen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMOLED#Comparison_to_other_technologies). It is also scientifically proved that blue radiations can cause insomnia (http://chriskresser.com/how-artificial-light-is-wrecking-your-sleep-and-what-to-do-about-it), preserve your sleep by changing the filter's color to red or brown! (pro version only)
Its design is simple and appreciable, you can't dislike it!
Great notification : click on the brightness icon to stop Screen Dimmer or click on the progress bar to change the filter's opacity (Version of Android earlier than 3.0).
- Variable opacity.
- Display a notification or not when Screen Dimmer is on.
- Minimize or not the screen's brightness.
- Disable the button's backlight.
- Quick launch widget and widget of opacity adjusting.
- [PRO] Change the colour of the filter and the widget.
- [PRO] Automatically toggle the app with the sunset/rise to use Screen Dimmer at night.
- [PRO] Choose the apps to launch when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Activate the silent mode when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Do an opacity transition when the launch of Screen Dimmer is scheduled.
If you like my app, feel free to rate it and buy the PRO version (in app) to support its development and unlock the pro!
• Permissions :
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: needed to display the filter over other apps.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED: needed to preserve scheduling over reboots.
- COARSE LOCATION: needed by the sun scheduling feature.
• Tasker support:
"Everything can be changed on the fly!"
Low Light is easy and intuitive to use. Press one button and you're ready to go!
-The screen dimmer floats above all of your applications so you can use it at anytime.
-The "grab tab" allows you to place the screen dimmer anywhere on your screen.
-The lights emitted from your phones buttons are deactivated.
-The screen dimmer also dims your lock screen.
-The "easy exit" feature allows you to turn Low Light off at anytime.
tags: screen dimmer filter low light bright brightness dim display
- Disable led notification light;
- Disable haptic feedback;
- Disable notification sounds;
- Disable ringtone sounds (vibration mode);
- Disable vibration and sound (silent mode);
- Minimize display brightness.
How it works:
- Select the range of time in which you want the features disabled;
- Select the features you want to be disabled;
- Enable the app;
- At the start time the application automatically disables the selected features;
- At the end time the features are restored.
IMPORTANT: if want to disable notification sounds, please don't kill the application.
If you modify any setting during the night mode, at the end it won't be restored.
★ Adjust your screen's brightness and color.
★ Add quick shortcuts to your home screen.
★ Schedule the filter to start & stop at a specific time.
And more! Download the app and try it out to see all of the features.
* If you accidentally turn your screen black, press volume up or volume down inside the app to turn off the filter, or power off your phone by holding the power button.
* If "Override screen brightness" doesn't work, try turning off "auto brightness" from your settings. This feature may also cause your screen to turn off and/or the lockscreen to activate if the setting is too low.
* Android may disable the "install" button when a screen filter application is running for security reasons.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us by email.
Draw over other apps: Required for the screen filter to work.
Full network access, view network connections: Used for Google AdMob.
Now has a boot receiver to apply the same dimming on boot.
Failsafe: Use the volume keys to raise or lower the brightness while the app is open. Only while the app is on the screen.
Failsafe: Set boot receiver to launch the service 5 minutes after boot. This should be more than enough time to get in an reset the settings.
Failsafe: Set set to automatically dim, therefore if you set too low of a value, shine a flashlight at the phone and it should brighten enough to reset it.
Added failsafe in case the user doesn't have a light sensor.
Also added a current brightness seekbar (slider), and a dimming trigger level seekbar.
Please see screenshots and video.
Please email me with bugs.
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
Ever wake up in the middle of the night to check your phone, only to be blinded by the light? Your phone is on the lowest brightness setting but it still burns your eyes? Never have that happen again!
Super Dimmer not only dims your phone lower than the manufacturer or other third-party apps allow you to, but it also turns off the hardware buttons' backlight, and automatically turns itself on at night and off in the morning! It is also highly configurable - change the dimness level, when to turn on, when to turn off, etc.
You can also launch the application whenever you want, even if it is not night time. Worried about being obnoxious at a movie theater? No problem! Just launch this app, set it to manual mode by checking the "Ignore Power Toggle" button, and never feel self conscious again.
Due to popular request, I've reverted the app to allow for a clearable notification, this time with a setting. (notification can be completley hid in PRO version). However, due to the way Android works, checking this setting will lead to unstable behavior. It is NOT recommended. To avoid bright flashes, leave this setting as-is, with the non-clearable notification.
It has also been shown to save battery on certain devices (most Samsungs, Moto RAZR / RAZR MAXX, Nexus, and most Nokias)
Don't forget to add Super Dimmer to your exception list if you use a task killer!
On first launch, hit the menu button and configure the settings to your liking. Hit "Apply Settings" when happy. If it is not within the time you set for the app to turn on, toggle the power to turn it off. Or, buy the Pro version which has a notification icon with the ability to toggle the dimmer on and off :P. Note: Turning on the screen sets the dimness according to the time of day, if "Ignore Power Toggle" is unchecked (OFF by default). If it is checked, dimmer only turns on manually.
This app is completely free, and ad-free. I make absolutely no money off this. If you enjoy this app, please purchase my $1 theme found here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.dberm22.theme
Night Mode module reduces the brightness of your screen to avoid eye pain and headache.
Softkey Terminator module can dim or disable your navigation bar. In a dark environment or at night, these softkey buttons are too bright.
Reduce the brightness of the screen
Dim or disable your navigation bar
Enable/disable night mode automatically
No need to root
Bright screen and darker screen filter is set to
You can reduce eye strain.
- Set the screen darker
- Set the screen brightness from the notification bar
- Black, yellow, red or whatever color settings
- After 5 seconds after rebooting the screen filters applied
- When using MoreDimmer, you can not install the apk.
- In this case, in notification bar, minimum in the dark and removing the filter.
- 화면 필터, 스크린 필터, screen filter
- 어두운 필터, dimmer filter
- 블루라이트, blue light
- 좀더 어두운 화면, more dimmer screen
- 오버레이 필터, overlay filter
- 화면 밝기, screen brightness
- 화면 조절, screen control
- 밝기 제어, 밝기 조절, brightness control
- 알림바 밝기 조절, notification bar brightness control
You have thought in bed. Device is too bright...
Cause of the battery consumption is said to be the backlight.
Dark screen can save power.
Ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment feature support depends on the device.
The History of Major Changes:
Added the five level buttons, from Min to Max.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. Whether to show the five-level button.
Added the operations from the Notification bar.
Added items about the Notification bar to the Setting screen.
1. Can be operation from Notification bar.
2. Automatically start at boot time.
Added the widgets.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. In the non-operation state, to automatically close.
2. Can be adjust with the volume keys.
screen, brightness, dark, bright, backlight, widgets, notification bar,
battery, save, adjust, setting, change, easy, free, auto, simple
1. Night mode: You can switch the keyboard's theme to a night-vision friendly red mode. This is useful for non-rooted devices running astronomy apps (rooted devices can use ChainFire3D's night mode) and other nightmode-enabled apps. Your app may turn most of the screen red in its nightmode, but it won't turn the keyboard red, so your night vision may be damaged when you start typing something into a search box. But if you just switch this keyboard into red mode, this problem goes away.
2. All standard ASCII punctuation (less than, greater than, brackets, pipes, etc.) is available from the main keyboard screen, by holding down on the period or the comma.
3. The auto-suggest can be set to work in settings where normally the operating system turns it off (Settings | Show suggestions | except ...).
To activate the keyboard, first go to your system Settings, choose Language and Keyboard, and put a checkmark beside "OmegaCentauri GB Keyboard". Then long-tap on any input field on the device (i.e., a place where you're going to enter some text), choose "Input method", and select the "OmegaCentauri GB Keyboard". (Sorry, Android doesn't make it easy to switch keyboards, for copyright reasons.)
The keyboard has a little Settings icon you can use to set the theme to red (or back to Gingerbread), or to change any of its other settings on the fly.
RE ADD WIDGET AFTER UPDATE!!!
If you have problems with ad window int ICS - it's a bug in Launcher/Play/Market:
1. remove auto created shortcut from desktop
2. launch the BrightnessLevel from apps list
3. if you still can see ad window, press back until you get to desktop
4. try to run BrightnessLevel from apps list again, it should disappear.
I hope, Google can fix this bug soon!
Check our OnOff Widgets Pack! All widgets in one with skin support!
Please donate if you like our apps and want to support us
* Change brightness quickly
* Set a comfortable brightness by screen filter in very dark environment
* The Auto option is orignal system's auto backlight setting.
No complex functions , Not much options...
keyword: brightness, screen filter, dim, dark, back light
More from developer
Updated with new settings design, also added Network settings and 'Show Desktop' feature - shows your wallpaper/live-wallpaper in full screen.
Note: This doesn't open, it is a Widget not an app. Add on homescreen with Menu -> Add -> Widgets -> Battery Widget or Apps -> Widgets -> Battery Widget
Description Permissions Usage by @BruceProgrammer (thx):
For quick access to the controls for turning Wi-Fi on and off, this application requires device permissions to view Wi-Fi state, change Wi-Fi state, and "prevent device from sleeping". This application does not, however, do anything to prevent the device from sleeping.
In order to display whether the GPS receiver is on or off, for display purposes only, this application requires the additional device permission to access "fine (GPS) location". This application, however, does not actually ever access device location information.
Open Source at http://code.google.com/p/batterywidget/
Ticking Sound, Countdown Alarm and Lap Time functionality
Notification whilst stopwatch running in the background on compatible devices.
To save battery the application itself doesn't run in the background, but it simulates it using system events.
Designs by Marie Schweiz (http://marie-schweiz.de)
+Rich Hyndman on Google Plus, @geekyouup on Twitter
Open Source at http://android-ultimatestopwatch.googlecode.com
For those of you that preferred the old style, it is published at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.geekyouup.android.oldtimer
Donations to dev efforts gratefully accepted by purchasing Pro version with a golden frame! :)
The Cleaner. Show desktop wallpaper and hide desktop widgets and icons, shortcut to a clean and clear view of your wallpaper with a small toggle widget
Graphics by David Fraser, thx!
hide launcher, hide icons, transparent launcher, just wallpaper, transparent screensaver, show wallpaper
Pro version of the very popular 'Screen Cleaner'. A widget to hide your apps and widgets with one touch. The view on your homescreen wallpaper has never been cleaner.
Pro version has full interaction with Live Wallpapers and supports development!
The Cleaner Pro. Show desktop wallpaper and hide desktop widgets and icons, shortcut to a clean and clear view of your wallpaper with a small toggle widget
Graphics by David Fraser, thx mate!
hide launcher, hide icons, transparent launcher, just wallpaper, transparent screensaver, show wallpaper
App and home screen widget.
Auto brightness gets turned off by a number of things, this just saves you having to go through the menus to re-enable it.
Please consider buying 'Cleaner Pro' to donate.
Source available: http://autobright.googlecode.com