MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
This fully-functional guide is absolutely free. The full version (only $4.99) expands articles with more information about attractions, history, geography and more.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Eat | Drink | Sleep | Contact | Respect | Stay Healthy | Stay Safe | Driving in the UK | Units Conversion
Scotland: Regions, Cities & Other destinations | Get in | Get around | History | Geography | Politics | Culture | See & Do | Buy
Maps: Scotland | Regions | Scottish clans | Scottish Borders | South West | Central Belt | Scottish Highlands | North East | Hebrides | Orkney Islands | Shetland Islands | Edinburgh Districts | Edinburgh City Center | Glasgow | Aberdeen
Edinburgh: History | Culture | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Contact | Cope | Stay safe | Get in | Get around | Airport | Districts | Streets | Hills | Get out
Edinburgh Attractions: Top 10 | Itinerary | See | Do | Buy | Buildings | Hotels | Churches | Parks | Museums | Theaters
Aberdeen: Get in | Get around | History | Talk | Climate | Old Aberdeen | Architecture | Museums | Parks | Do | Buy | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay Safe | Get out
Glasgow: Get in | Get around | History | Talk | Geography & Climate | Districts | Culture | Architecture | See | Museums | Do | Buy | Eat | Drink | Gay & Lesbian | Sleep | Stay Safe | Contact | Get out
Inverness: Get in | Get around | History | Geography & Climate | Culture | See & Do | Eat & Drink | Sleep | Get out
Dumfries: Get in & around | History | Geography | Culture | Do & Buy | Eat & Drink | Sleep | Stay safe | Get out
Dundee: Get in & around | History | Talk | Geography | Culture | Buy | See & Do | Eat & Drink | Sleep | Stay safe | Get out
Stirling: Get in & around | History | Geography | See | Do | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Contact | Get out
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
Provided by PLACE STARS (http://www.placestars.com).
- SIMPLE: Very easy to use simple offline maps without hard-to-understand functionality. It’s just a map, and it’s very easy & simple to use! You don’t have to learn to use the Offline Map App, just download and start the app.
- USEFUL: The Offline Map App is very informative and you may check it yourself! It includes topical articles from Wikipedia - the online encyclopedia, edited and prepared for you by our editors to use offline in our application without Internet connection.
- COMPASS FEATURE: New compass feature helps users orient themselves while navigating in new destination.
- ADDRESS SEARCH: Find cities, streets, houses with our easy-to-use super search feature.
- POINTS OF INTEREST SEARCH: Filter and search any places - point of interest (POI) on our map based on categories such as restaurants, bars, night clubs, museums, parks and more.
- GET DIRECTIONS: Show routes to any point on the map - address, bookmark, POI (bar, café etc.)
- SAVE BOOKMARKS: Easily save current location to bookmarks and display it on the map anytime.
- MAPS ARE AVAILABLE OFFLINE: Download and store the entire map data in your mobile phone locally, and use the map without internet connection. There are no roaming charges, as long as the application is completely offline and it doesn’t use internet to access the data at all. Maps work anywhere!
- NO MOBILE ROAMING CHARGES: Offline map - means no online connection and no internet roaming - no payments for using maps. Application stores maps on SD flash card or internal memory of your mobile device and uses them every time you start it, so it works without internet.
- DETAILED VECTOR HIGH RESOULTION 17xZOOM: The app uses VECTOR maps, vector data means that you will get maximum detail and zoom, maximum coverage with a small map file - that is why our 17xZOOM is very detailed. It allows zooming-in with high resolution.
- LOCATE YOURSELF: Detect your precise location with the GPS function. Your location will be shown on our offline map.
- FAST: It is a fast map app. Zoom works fast, navigation is fast. We use data compression “know-how” algorithm to make the application work fast.
- UP-TO-DATE MAPS: The maps are fresh and updated as long as we use OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps, edited and supported by half a million of people all over the world. Our Offline Map App uses only fresh data.
- FREE UPDATES: You will get absolutely free updates forever as we add new versions.
Scotland,Map,Offline Map,city finder,gps,coordinates,find location,plan,mobile map,streets search,pedestrian,onboard map,2d map,road map,places,business trip,guide,city map,atlas,state
★ WIRED magazine’s “essential app” 2012
★ WSA-Mobile Award Winner 2012 for m-Tourism & Culture
★ WYSTC Award Winner for the best youth & student travel app 2011
☆ FREE SCOTLAND HIGHLIGHTS GUIDE
Use the free highlights guide to get an overview of content, features and design of the premium guides!
☆ WORKS OFFLINE
Upgrade your highlights guide for premium content and avoid roaming fees abroad: all guides, features, and maps work also without Internet connection (offline maps).
☆ TRAVEL TIPS FROM THOUSANDS OF TRAVELERS
Get authentic recommendations and traveler reviews for more the best sights, restaurants, shops, nightlife spots and most exciting things to do.
☆ ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS, RESTAURANTS, BARS & MORE
Browse through the destinations’ most exciting locations, discover unique landmarks and benefit from local insider tips.
☆ SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES
Feeling social? Write reviews of places you've discovered and share them with your friends and tripwolf’s community of thousands of worldwide globetrotters!
☆ TRIP PLANNER: SCOTLAND
Plan and organize your trip, calculate the shortest route and display it on a map!
☆ AUGMENTED REALITY VIEWER
View your environment, locate sights near you and get instant access to relevant information like opening hours, price and address.
☆ TRAVEL STORIES FROM THE TRIPWOLF BLOG
Budget holidays in Japan? Where to eat in New York? India’s most haunted destination? Access genuine up-to-date information written by the tripwolf editorial team and our guest bloggers!
☆ OTHER FEATURES
✔ The Scotland highlights country guide is available in 5 languages: English, German, French, Italian and Spanish.
✔ “You Are Here” Marker on Maps: During your holiday or vacation use the Maps with current location indicator.
✔ Registration in the tripwolf community to mark your own favorite places, upload travel photos and see tips from your friends.
✔ Sort and Filter attractions by popularity, distance, and type.
✔ Be sure to download our global app “tripwolf – Your Travel Guide” to get hundreds of additional tips for your destination and subway maps.
About tripwolf – your social travel guide
tripwolf combines travel tips from professional travel writers with a vast collection of travel information, experiences and reviews from a worldwide community of thousands of travelers like you.
Browse through more than 700 different destinations, in the form of country, region, or city guides, get expert recommendations, read travel blogs and make use of the tripwolf offline travel map. Ask our trip gurus for very specific travel advice to find your favorite spots in any city.
Plus: Import your friends through Facebook and share your travel pictures.
tripwolf’s most popular city guides:
Isle of Skye
Isle of Skye
Isle of Skye
Isle of Skye
Isle of Skye
Isle of Skye
The app features:
• A journey planner for public transport options between any two locations in Scotland, featuring all bus, coach, rail, Glasgow Subway and ferry routes,
• Departure boards showing next scheduled buses at every stop in Great Britain! Live bus times are shown in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Angus, Ayrshire, Inverness area and Orkney where available,
• Transport times also shown for Scottish ferry terminals and Glasgow Subway stations, together with local taxi details relevant to your location,
• See full Scottish routes on the map, with all scheduled calling points and stop times displayed,
• News & Notices affecting public transport services,
• Contact details for all Scottish public transport operators.
For the strategic road network, the app provides direct access to Traffic Scotland. This section features:
• Current trunk road incident information,
• Live-Eye Views from motorway and trunk road cameras,
• Current journey times for major routes,
• Details of current and planned roadworks,
• Regularly updated weather and planned events info.
You can also listen to the latest live travel information on the Traffic Scotland Radio player.
Coming soon: Updated transport operator contacts section.
Please note: we are currently unable to offer rail departure boards.
The Glen Nevis App contains valuable information for visitors. Eight outstanding Scottish countryside walks are detailed in the glen. Over fifty points of interest are detailed with photography, descriptions, quick facts and Gaelic audio. Points of interest are marked for each walk so you can follow a walk or explore on your own. Explore scottish clan history, scottish wildlife such as red squirrels and Butterflies. Quality maps from Harvey maps are included for each walk and for the Glen overview. A gallery of high quality scottish photography of the Glen from local photographers is included. GPS alerts can be enabled allowing notifications of nearby POI. Photos can be taken with the app and compiled into the Nevis Memories area. Pre-visit and sustainability info is also included to make your visit smooth whilst leaving no trace.
Additional content can be unlocked via a simple in app payment. Proceeds go to the Friends of Nevis charity that helps protect Glen Nevis.
1. Package size is 23.61MB, app to sdcard is enabled.
2. Please restart the app after purchasing the full version via in app payment.
Enhance a visit to once of Scotland's most beautiful glens with information at your finger tips on landscape, wildlife, people and history of the area. Support the Friends of Nevis, a local charity working to protect this amazing area. A bargain at only 99p!
For new visitors pre-visit info and sustainability sections are included. Directions, travel information and useful contacts are detailed. The sustainability section explains the unique pressures on the local area and what visitors can do to leave no trace.
The app details eight set walks of different difficulties around the glen. Each walk is graded and has listed distance and ascent. A full text description is included alongside the marked route on an interactive Harvey map. Points of interest (POI) marked on route can be viewed at any time. Your current location is shown at all times (subject to GPS being enabled). Photos can easily be taken during the walk and added to the Nevis Memories area.
Over fifty POIs are listed in the glen searchable by category and text. These can be viewed on the glen overview map and filtered by search criteria. Each POI includes an image, Gaelic translation (where applicable), full information and quick facts. The POI can be shared with friends via Facebook, Twitter or email. The POI map location can be viewed. The POI can be saved and viewed in favourites.
The map view shows all the POI and can be filtered by category or photo opportunities. Icons can be clicked to show POI. Current location is shown. Map can be dragged/pinched to move/zoom.
The My Glen Nevis (MGN) area shows Nevis Memories and POI favourites. Photos taken with MGN are geotagged and can be later shown on the map. Notifications prompt the users to photo opportunities. Nevis memories can be shared again via Facebook, Twitter or email
The Nevis Gallery showcases dozens of high quality images from local photographers. The gallery can be swiped through or opened as a slide show.
Users can adjust app settings to control screen size, GPS, notification types and proximity, and map settings.
The Glen Nevis App was produced by AppEvolv on behalf of the Nevis Partnership. Funding bodies involved in the project include the European Regional Development Fund, The Highland Council, Harvey Maps and the Friends of Nevis.
Keywords: Fort William, Munros, Ben Nevis, Glen Nevis, Scotland, Scottish Clans, Scottish Walks, Gaelic, Red Squirrels, Harvey Maps, Photos of Scotland, Midges
Welcome to Luxury Scotland - Gateway to the best of Scotland and a great source of information on Scottish Luxury Hotels, golf course, spa resort and restaurants. With details of country house hotels, city centre hotels, castles, a luxury yacht and a famous luxury train, this is your starting point for discovering Luxury Scotland.
Features of the Luxury Scotland guide include:
Introduction to Scotland
A guide to Spas and Golf Courses
Location Maps for listed properties
Future editions will include offers and new articles
Quote from Jeremy Hawkings, CEO Connoisseurs Scotland:
"The Luxury Scotland app opens up a rich source of travel information for today's discerning traveller to Scotland. This is our first step into the world of mobile apps and we aim to build on this first stage with future editions covering whisky, history, natural Scotland and more interactive features."
Group Travel Finder Scotland includes Edinburgh, Scotland, the Scottish Borders & Highlands and the Scottish Islands.
art, antiques, bars, clothing, food, kilts, live music, restaurants, shops, tartans and much, much more.
No wandering through multiple screens; this QuickClick series app is built for SPEED and EASE OF USE.
Options for searching by names or locations are all on a SINGLE SCREEN.
Types of Scottish places are pre-loaded to assist you when using the optional name search.
Quick and easy to search near cities, towns, streets, and landmarks.
Exploits mapping apps to their FULL CAPABILITIES:
- Map Locations or List
- Satellite View
- Directions and Navigation
- Traffic Conditions
- Street Views
- Check In
- Zoom In/Out
- Add to Contacts
- Share with Friends
-Hotel Reservations made easy with this Scotland Hotel app. Simple and secure booking process.
-There are no fees, no mark-ups and it is FREE to use.
Use our hotel guest reviews and opinions from genuine customers to find the perfect hotel for you – we even include TripAdvisor reviews!
-Reserve your hotel in Scotland with ease and at the best rate from your phone.
-Search for nearby hotels or hostels or budget hotel in Scotland
-The only app that allow you to search all the hotel deals in All other Countries.
-Hotel information, guest reviews, photos, descriptions, maps of hotel.
-Up to 80% discounts on hotels, hostels and motels. Instant online and phone bookings available with immediate room confirmation.
-Choose your favorite brands including; Hilton, Marriott, Best Western, Sheraton, Holiday Inn and many more.
-Hotel Reservations made easy with this Scotland Hotel app. Simple and secure booking process. One search and our app will search all the listed hotels and give you the best prices in one screen for all the deals. You will see a list of price comparison of the website listed here:
and many more website
Book your room now!
World Offline Maps company provides you with the amazing vector map mobile application, which allows you to browse maps anytime and anywhere and you don't need to pay for data connections.
No more costly roaming charges when you're abroad. It uses very detailed, high quality, map data from Openstreetmap supported by more than 500.000 users around the world.
• CORE FEATURES:
* It's fast and easy
* No mobile roaming charges
* On-board offline maps - no data connection required for map browsing, address search or navigation
* Complete offline functionality
* Compact maps in a vector data format (means high definition maps with detailed zoom)
* Simply browse maps by dragging and scrolling
• GPS POSITIONING:
* You will always be able to locate where you are with the GPS positioning
* Compass feature shows your orientation on the map
• EXCELLENT ROUTE GUIDANCE:
* World Offline Maps offers offline routing functionality for you
* Calculate routes just in seconds
* Automatic re-routing, in case you miss a turn, application re-routes you automatically
• DESTINATION SEARCH:
* Offline search for addresses
* Search by the exact address or postcode of your destination
* Search instantly by clicking any point on the map and pressing "Navigate to"
• PLACES SEARCH:
* Points Of Interest (POI) search by name available (for example you can search: "UBS Bank", or "Mcdonalds")
* Search POI by category (bars, restaurants, museums, etc.) without internet connection
• KEYWORDS: Scotland, offline, maps, navigation, navi, poi, places, latitude, directions, indoor maps, local search, address, routing, gps, location search, positioning
This fiercely independent little country on Europe's fringes is so packed with history and charm that exploring it is well worth a few weeks of anyone's time.
Many visitors will already be familiar with many of the classic Scottish set pieces before they arrive: tranquil lochs, heathery glens, hilltop castles and brooding mountains, idyllic beaches, pretty villages and homey pubs with good local whiskies are all fairly easy to find. But of course there's far more besides, particularly in Scotland's two great and very happening cities: Edinburgh and Glasgow.
By using 1184 photos and 24,000 words in 155 entries SCOTLAND'S BEST will help you zero in on the sorts of things you will enjoy most on your trip to Scotland. It does this by listing all the key attractions in several NICHE CATEGORIES and by weaving many of these together into a few ITINERARIES for those simply wanting bit of everything. The itineraries also include suggestions of where you might get a good bite to eat along the way.
★ Fine Dining
★ Golf (WITH extensive background info)
★ Historical Sights (WITH extensive background info)
★ Luxury Accommodation
★ Star Attractions
★ Sports & Activities (including skiing & mountain biking)
★ Whisky (WITH extensive background info)
★ Scotland in a week (6/7 days)
★ Classic Highland Tour (3/4 days)
★ Skye (3 days)
★ Edinburgh (1 day)
★ Glasgow (1 day)
★ Cairngorms & Moray (1 day)
★ Glencoe & Argyll (1 day)
★ Moray & The Great Glen (1 day)
★ Perthshire & Cairngorms (1 day)
★ Trossachs & Stirling (1 day)
✔ Easily SORT entries – by category, name, price, distance (using your device's inbuilt GPS) or region.
✔ Submit COMMENTS easily: give the author a piece of your mind for free!
✔ One-click website LINKS (including Twitter, Facebook & YouTube).
✔ One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones)
✔ Biannual UPDATES
✔ Detailed MAPS
✔ NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search and hyperlinks between entries.
★ About the Author ★
Christian Williams has been a freelance travel writer since moving into his Edinburgh flat in 1998. He's covered destinations all over the world, but mostly specializes on Germany and Canada. He's lived in Scotland for 15 years and is pleased to finally be writing about somewhere on his doorstep.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Find your way back to your Hotel, find Bus Stations, Pub finder, Hotels and local attractions in the area via GPS.
When you get to your Hotel just open up your app and wait for the GPS to find your postion, then simply click on the button to save your location. When you need to find your way back to your Hotel open your app and it will walk you back to your Hotel by satellite and Google maps
You can also use this app to find Scottish Local Pubs, Hotels and other attractions
The map rotates based on the compass orientation, and helps you to navigate to your destination. Use it as a Phone satnav / GPS location finder
Key words: Scottish Travellers
, Visit Scotland, Burns week, burns night, Robert Burns, Hotel Locator, travel, GPS Compass, Map, Google Maps, compass orientation, navigate, Phone satnav,
List of Scottish towns and cities:
Blackburn (W. Lothian)
Bridge of Allan
Bridge of Cally
Bridge of Weir
Charlestown of Aberlour
Ferryden by Montrose
John o' Groats
Kyle of Lochalsh
Milton of Campsie
Muir of Ord
Thornhill (Dumfries and Galloway)
*Book train tickets for any train throughout England, Wales and Scotland via our link to eastcoast.co.uk
*Plan a journey on live timetables from or to any station served by East Coast (and key connecting stations)
*Check live platform information
*View live arrivals and departures at your origin or destination station
*Access the latest delay and cancellation information
*Download train times for reference when no longer connected
*Save time by adding favourite stations for regular journeys
*Use GPS to locate your nearest station and find the next train home
*Check the status of London Underground lines.
*A full map of the London Underground, accessible even when you’re not connected.