OSEL Buses is the official application of the Transportation Organisation of Nicosia District (OSEL). It provides information regarding the operations and scheduling of the transit buses of OSEL for the urban area of Nicosia.
Through an easy-to-use graphical interface powered by Geomatic Maps™, the user can easily search and review stop information, route information and time tables.
Having precalculated the arriving times of the buses in each stop, based on time tables of OSEL, the application provides you with the ability to better organize your transports around the city, saving valuable time for your day to day activities.
Moreover using location services, the application is able to calculate the nearest stops and list them along with the arriving times of the buses close to arrive. A handy feature for the ones already en route!
• Show arriving buses in nearest stops.
• Search for a stop by name or by code.
• Search for a route by name or by code.
• Show stop information on map
◦ Passing routes
• Show route information on map
◦ Stop sequence
◦ Stoptimes for selected dates
◦ Show information for all available route patterns
• Maintain favourites lists for stops and routes
• News and announcements from OSEL
• Multilingual (Greek/English)
• Dark and light base maps
• Configurable time range for arriving buses query in stop information
Scheduling information used by the application, although updated frequently, is static and is not coming from a real-time data service. Arriving buses are estimated based on this information, hence unexpected delays or disruptions of the time table cannot be dealt in an effective manner causing the application to produce erroneous predictions. With the implementation of I.T.S. project, real-time data will become available. As soon as this service is published from OSEL, there will be an update to incorporate it into the application towards producing accurate real-time estimations of arrival times. In order for the application to run full-featured, mobile data and location services must be enabled.