Kruger National Park field guide of animals, birds, trees, wildflowers, insects and reptiles. The objective of this app is to enable the user to identify an animal, bird or plant and to provide some general information about species, to have fun and to create general biodiversity awareness.
The free version of this app only shows 180 out of 526 species and some basic features. With a single in-app purchase you can obtain all features and content which include the following:Full version features:
1. 627 Photos for 526 species
2. Variety: 65 animals, 241 birds, 132 plants, 38 insects, 36 reptiles, 14 frogs
3. Species information
4. Lion pride map / offline map
5. Unique “species identification tool”
6. Show animal, bird and plant names to your language (In the settings select
Afrikaans, isiZulu, Tshivenda, isiXhosa, German, Portuguese, French, Sesotho, siSwati)
7. Sightings hotspot map (last 400 sightings) for the more difficult to find predators
(Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, Wild dog). - Use this to plan your road trips as this is intended
to give you quick insight on what is happening in the park.
8. Recent sightings history for the more difficult to find predators.
9. Filter plants for a given location. GPS or tap on map to filter plants for a given
10. Wildlife experience index – you can use it as a game – see what is the highest you
can get for a given day or trip.
11. Search functionality, view and manage your checklists.
12. New: Added a selection of 56 animal, bird, frog sounds.
Professional checklist features included in this version - Just switch your GPS if you would like to create a checklist which can be exported for research or other purposes.
1. Checklist are pre-loaded with all southern Africa animals, 952 birds, more than
24000+ plants, 6000+ insects.
2. Search species in your language
3. Clever search – type e.g “owl” to get a list of all owls, or the genus name of a species.
4. Functionality to add your own species
5. Create separate sightings lists for different trips.
6. Export sightings checklist as SQLite database, to be used in QGIS or any other SQLite
viewer, also to be imported after now updates.
7. The checklist also maintains a worklist of species. The species that you add for a
given area will be remembered which can be easily recalled to be added to your
checklist (tap and add). Ideal for research plots, transect surveys and general
checklist making.Field guide user guide:
1. On the main view tap on a photo to read more about the selected species.
2. On the main view tap in the [id] button to open the identification mode.
2.1. In the identification mode any combination of criteria can be selected and filtered -
click on the [magnifying glass] button to return the result.
3. The thumb nail images and other images can be enlarged and zoomed when tapped.
Recently we have launched the most comprehensive all-in-one app for the Kruger National Park which include everything of this app + an additional 9 new features. See Kruger Park map explorer and field guide
This new app also support Family Library)
Keep a link to the new Kruger National Park FieldApp Facebook page
for updates and news in regards of this app