You want to know how the area looks like before you get there? No problem, check it with the StreetView (When Available)
Don't get lost, there is a directions button to get you there from your current position.
The app can work in offline mode, in case of no data plan, this also makes the app run super fast.
Are you in a hurry? Press the I am feeling lucky button to get the nearest store, or simply shake your phone!
Dear American Android users: LCBO, the Beer Store and Wine Rack are Canadian brands in Ontario. This app can't magically make them appear in Dallas TX, Colorado or the west coast, teleportation is not available on Android, yet:)
Identify every beer you come in contact with, anywhere. Speak the beer name, type it in, or scan a Bar Code. Access over 300,000 beers, and counting!
** If this update causes you to keep losing connection with RateBeer, please Uninstall it and Reinstall it from the market, you will not be charged again **
2/28/13 - Bug fixed; "Lost connection with Ratebeer, please check your internet connection and try again," issue should not be a problem any longer.
7/3/2011 - v1.22 - Facebook Fix for all clients, Facebook should now be fully operational!
6/24/2011 - v1.21 - Quick fix for Force Closes on beers with null Style Ratings. Sorry about that!! This will fix it.
6/24/2011 - v1.20 - Finally, another update! Sorry, we've been working hard on the iPhone version, which is almost ready for release! We've added 5-star ratings, a 1-100 Beer Style rating, some interface improvements, and an experimental Twitter share function! Enjoy!
Is the beer lover in your life tired of swimming through a sea of beer apps, just to get the results he or she needs, on the spot? Well, they can stop drowning in their vat of beer apps, The Beer Expert App is now available.
Unlike any other beer-information app on the market, The Beer Expert draws from a database of hundreds of thousands of beers – almost every beer on the planet.
For either regular beer lovers, or true beer aficionados, the inability to recognize the beer that’s in front of you, now, is extremely frustrating. But imagine being able to walk into any package store, grocery, brewpub, or bar, having a look at the beer selection before you and immediately having access to every beer’s vital information.
this app provides that exact information and more. With a burgeoning and ever-growing beer market, and other folks producing beer apps, we had to create ours to be bigger, better, more robust and simply more useful than any other available. And this app will be attractive to anyone who enjoys beer, not only the "beer geeks".
By either taking a picture of the beer’s upc code, typing in its name, or speaking it into your phone, The Beer Expert will immediately provide the user with the beer’s commercial description, a.b.v., style and several user reviews, along with a picture.
And once the user has sampled the beer, if they disagree with one of the provided reviews, they can give it a “thumbs down". Likewise, they can give great reviews a “thumbs up.”
The secret to The Beer Expert’s comprehensiveness is it bringing together two of the beer world’s greatest forces;
The Beer Sommelier® and RateBeer.com, which is arguably the largest beer database in the world. This combination allows for simply the most comprehensive, accurate and complete listing of beers available in the world…over 300,000 beers at the app’s disposal.
** Please keep in mind that this app is meant for educational/informational purposes ONLY. It's meant to tell you about the beer in front of you now, that you may purchase, but know nothing about. It does NOT have the functionality for note taking...this is NOT a beer rating app.**
Keep a journal of your tasting notes and ratings with this beer app. Keep notes on that great microbrew you just tried.
Keep a log of your beer experiences the next time you have a glass at a bar, at a beer festival, or at home. Rate your favorites on your phone so you'll never forget them.
Read beer reviews that others have shared in our community and search the beer guide for interesting beers to add to your Wish List
See which beers you drink the most with the beer counter.
• Backup your beer info to the server. If you lose your phone or upgrade to a new phone, just restore your info to the new phone so you don't have to re-enter everything.
• Store a photo of the bottle label to go along with your notes.
• Export your beer info in CSV format and save it to your phone's SD Card or email it to yourself.
• Use the statistics tracker to monitor your beer information with stats like Total Number of Beer Tracked, Average Rating, Most Consumed, Beers by Style, By Serving Type (Bottle, Tap, Can, etc.), by Country, by State
- Added Rotate Photo button
- Alphabetized beer styles
- New Photo Size option under Settings
- Restore/Import should now update a beer if the import is newer instead of always adding for those synching between different devices)
- Backup to Server sends email confirmation if email address is entered
- New colors for those that didn't like gray
- Added Wish List to Bulk Delete
- Improved UI on Tablets
- Added price to main list
- Added new sorting options
- Added photo to main list
- Can now add shared beers/online search to beer list and wish list
- Fixed Post to Facebook
- Tapping on someone's name in shared ratings shows all their past beer ratings
- Added Sample to Serving Types
- Added Norwegian currency
- Added Sort by Country
- Search now searches Country and Brewer fields as well
- Beer Photos can now be shared on Facebook
- Send beer review via Email
- Fixed import bug for names with spaces in them
- Moved Style to lower heading
- Fixed crash during CSV Export
- Added Post to Facebook Wall option
- Can now "Move to SD Card" (app2sd)
- Added Barcode option to Wish List
- Can now add a shared beer from Others to wish list
- Wish List is now exported to CSV
- Export to Server includes Wish List
- Added ability to change currency under Settings
- Export to Server now supports utf8 characters
More from developer
The Six Pack Equivalent (SPE) Calculator for Android is an ad free app that lets you comparison shop and see the real cost of beer quickly and easily in a grocery store, a brewpub or wherever you are.
I'm a beer lover like you and I created this app to understand how price varies between bottles, pints, keg and more. For less than the cost a pint, you can see this for yourself.
The SPE beer calculator is a simple way to compare prices of various quantities of beer against a known standard, a regular six pack of 12 ounce bottles.
For example, a $6 six pack has a SPE of $6, but a 64 oz. growler that costs $12 is over twice as expensive, by volume, at a SPE of $13.50.
At $4 for a 16 ounce American pint, that's 3 times as expensive at a SPE of $18!
On the other hand, a 15.5 gallon keg for $120 is still cheaper than a $6 sixer at a SPE of $4.35.