If you've tried the other apps, you'd know that they only display the next 3 or 4 times at a particular station.
With this app, you can see all the stop times for all the stations for any day of the week, making it incredibly handy for planning your light rail trip ahead of time.
Coming to Charlotte for the DNC? Use this app to efficiently plan your trips into the city and avoid the traffic hassle and street closings.
-- Integration with Google Maps to show you the exact location of any station on the map simply by selecting a menu option.
-- Menu option to locate the nearest Lynx Station and its distance away from your current position using your phone's GPS, then either map it with Google Maps or pull up its times.
-- Shows you all of today's remaining times for each station with a count down in minutes of the next three arrivals.
-- Menu to pull up the full schedule for any station for any day of the week.
-- Swipe the station times list left or right to view the previous or next station's times.
-- Literally every single Lynx time in the palm of your hand. No more searching around or going to complicated URLs to find the times.
I am a computer programmer and first time Android app developer who just wasn't happy with the Lynx apps that were available on the Market.
I ride the Lynx every day so I decided to take things into my own hands and give this Android development a try.
So I taught myself Java and Android development and tried to come up with a better way to view Lynx times.
I have personally used this app every day since I finished it.
I have finally decided to make it available on the Market because I feel that Charlotte residents and visitors can benefit from it.
I think once you own this app, it will be the only Lynx resource you will need, and you will use it every time you ride Lynx.
Now supporting over 70 major US cities (including NY, Chicago, Miami, SF, Boston, LA, DC) & 500+ more worldwide.
** It'll make your commute and your trips out and around town for fun that much easier” LifeHacker **
** Featured in NYTimes, TechCrunch, FastCompany, & more **
• Trip Planner: Navigate to your destination via the best and shortest route (combining any and all local transit types including bus, light rail, ferry, train, metro, subway, tram, rail and streetcar).
• Live & Local: Discover nearby stations or search for specific lines or locations to see live arrival & departure times.
• Transit Assistant: Step-by-step walking directions keep you on track and guide you to your nearest station and beyond.
• Service Alerts & Advisories: Stay up-to-date with push notifications about the routes you frequently use, including detours & reports
• Comprehensive city/metro coverage maps: See an overview of your local transit maps (PDF viewer required).
How is Moovit "community-powered”?
The power of Moovit stems in our cooperation with you, our amazing users. We start with complete schedule-based transit information, and, with your help, mix in real-time data about current transit times and conditions. Just by using Moovit, you’re helping everyone else plan their transit (and lives) better. En route, you can even send active reports about the ride or station to let others know what to expect. Spread the word and help your community get there on time!
Use Moovit in over 70 cities across the US:
Including: LA, SF, NYC, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Austin, Seattle, New Jersey, Miami, etc.
Moovit Supports All Major Operators Including:
MTA, New Jersey Transit, LIRR, MBTA, WMATA, SEPTA, CTA, Pace, LA Metro, Metrolink, SFMTA, AC Trans, BART, VTA, OCTA, Amtrak, King County Metro, Miami Dade Transit, MDT, Metro, Muni, MARTA, RTD, CATA, MWRTA, Metrorail, Bart, Beeline Bus, Norwalk Transit, Dash Ladot, DC circulator, Torrance Transit and more…
(Including: Muni map, Path Train schedule, WMATA next bus, next Caltrain, METRA schedule Chicago etc.)
Moovit is a worldwide app! You can find us in over 500 metro areas including: UK (London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and more), Spain (Barcelona, Madrid, Bilbao), Italy (Rome, Milan, Napoli and more), France (Paris, Bordeaux and more), Poland (Warsaw, Lublin, and more), Sweden (Stockholm), Finland (Helsinki), Hungary (Budapest), Russia (Moscow), Netherlands (entire country), Israel (entire country), Brazil (Rio, Sao Paulo and 8 additional large cities), Chile (Santiago), Colombia (Bogota), Mexico City, Peru (Lima), New Zealand, Philippines (Manila) and Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Greece (Athens), South Korea (Seoul), Norway (Oslo).
- “Best app for figuring out MBTA commuter rail schedules and maps”
- “Easiest way to find the LIRR schedule”
- "I use it every day as my CTA bus tracker”
- "My unofficial VTA light rail app"
- “Moovit is the best Caltrain tracker app”
- "Only way I find my WMATA next bus”
Common misspellings: moveit, movit, move it, tranbit, nextbus, muvit, mubit, movit, mobit, moovet
Let's stay connected:
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/moovit
* Follow us on Twitter: @moovit
* Check out our website: www.moovitapp.com
** As soon as a transit schedule is accessed, it is cached in the local database and becomes useful when there is no internet connectivity.
** When accessing a transit schedule for a route, it is temporarily cached until viewing that particular route, thus reducing network request so often which enables the users to save data connection bandwidth.
** Includes Durham Region Transit (DRT) and GO Transit (GO).
** All of the transit schedules in this app are obtained from the respective transit website/book and incorporated in separate database and is served to this application.
** Any change in transit schedules will be updated as soon as possible, hence it is advisable to go to their respective transit website/book and cross-check the transit schedules.
** Any bus/train schedules in this app is made genuine to its maximum extent, and the respective transit is not responsible for incomplete/inaccurate data shown with in this application.
** Search, GPS, Maps and Alerts are not supported.
*** Thanks to Sachith (https://plus.google.com/106440591209660505622) for supporting the app by designing a launcher icon for the application. ***
*** I am very much thankful to each and every user who installed the app. As requested, included GO Transit schedules and updated DRT as well. I will ensure the app and the routes are updated so often. Thank You!. ***
• Receive up-to-the-minute arrival predictions for CAT bus stops
• Obtain delay and detour information through instant notifications
• Visually see your current location and nearby bus stops
• Discover alternative routing options through transit directions
• Save your most used bus stops in an easy to access favorites list
• Access CAT’s static time tables
Don’t Wait. Get real-time information with RTS Bus App!
Great news! We’ve expanded our popular Where’s My Bus service with an innovative mobile application that will make your bus riding experience better than ever.
Welcome to the Regional Transit Service (RTS) Bus mobile application - the official mobile app from RTS. Customers now can access comprehensive real-time information of bus arrival times for the Greater Rochester area right in the palm of their hand.
The new RTS Bus App allows you to:
Access Real-Time Bus Arrival Information with Where’s My Bus?
* Get real-time bus arrival information for any stop and route. Know when your next bus will arrive. This app will provide the estimated real-time arrival times of buses approaching your stop. It also allows you to see the location of buses on a map, so that you can visually track it as it approaches.
Locate your nearest bus stop
* Not sure where your closest bus stop is located? Use the Nearest Stop Locator to find the nearby bus stops based upon the GPS locator on your mobile device or phone.
Plan Your Trip
* Use the trip-planning tools to find the best way to get to your destination through planned schedules. You can even get walking directions to the nearest stop, your total trip time and distance. Schedule data on the trip planner consists of scheduled data, and is not real-time information. Please use the Where’s My Bus? feature for Real-Time arrival information.
Save Your Favorites
* Save your favorite bus stop, route and planned trip to access real-time arrival information at any point in time.
Access Service Alerts
* You will be able to access which routes are being detoured or bus stops that are currently closed.
Find out how much you are saving
* With the rising cost of gas prices, customers may save money by riding an RTS bus. Calculate how much you may be saving on your planned RTS trip when compared to driving a car.
Contact RTS and Access Fare Information
* Submit comments and suggestions regarding your experiences with the mobile application and your bus riding experience. RTS welcomes feedback from its customers. Use the mobile application to submit your complaints, concerns, comments and suggestions.
* Access important RTS contact information. Here you will find a list of important RTS contacts you can use for trip-planning questions, lost items on the bus, or bus concerns.
* View fare information for RTS.