7 Day Refund Policy
Google offers an automatic 2 hour refund window. But if you would like more time you can try it risk free for a week. If you would like to request a refund, send me the order number found in the receipt Google emails you at the time of purchase.
It is difficult to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments, please use email!
For fast and friendly support: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a player only, you must provide your own audiobooks to play.
You can download books from sites such as https://librivox.org/, http://www.booksshouldbefree.com/, mp3 Overdrive books, or any place that provides DRM free audio.
Written with a focus on simple design and ease of use with an interface that puts your books on display and doesn't get in your way. Tap anywhere on the background to play and pause. Use gesture controls to skip forward or back. A slide out navigation drawer for when you need it. The player brings many convenient features such as downloading book cover art from within the app, sync position across multiple devices, set a time when the sleep countdown timer is automatically active if book is played, auto adjust sound levels, a play queue to auto start the next book when your current book finishes, add multiple library folder locations, and many more.
I listen to audio books every day and I wrote this player as a labor of love. I've spent many hundreds of hours developing this app, and continue to invest a lot of time in improvements and updates. If you enjoy audiobooks like I do, please give it a try. I hope you will enjoy using it.
• No advertisements. No in-app purchases to unlock features.
• Folder based library automatically stays in sync with your audiobook folder. Each book should be placed in its own folder. Allows books to be organized within subfolders. Library will allow you to browse folders, or list all books at once.
• Supports mp3, m4b, m4a, opus, ogg and more. (must be DRM free)
• Variable playback speed (0.5 to 3.0x) and volume boost. Can set global defaults and per book override.
• Built in sync support. You can synchronize current position and bookmarks to multiple devices. (Android 4.0+)
• Cover art is added from embedded art, images in the book folder, or can be downloaded easily from within the app.
• Position History.
• Chapter search. Skip next/previous or jump to any file. This must be enabled in settings. Embedded chapters not currently supported.
• Bluetooth play/pause/skip support.
• Remembers last played volume for headset, Bluetooth, speaker, and sleep mode.
• Lock-screen control.
• Control with Tasker, LLama, etc. See: http://goo.gl/nPmj8t
• Book Play queue.
• Navigation drawer that can slide away when not needed.
• Play/Pause from notification pull-down
• Sleep timer with shake to reset, set custom notification sounds, and a few unique options.
• Fade sound options for sleep timer.
• Auto rewind depending on paused time, customize rewind times to your liking.
• Set custom short and long skip times.
• Set custom colors for progress bars, action bar, and text.
• Headset button user defined actions.
• Option to hide status bar notification when not playing.
• Actively being developed, always more good stuff in the works!
English, Deutsch (German), Pусский (Russian), Polski (Polish), Swedish (Svenska)
Needs network and storage permissions in order to download and save book cover art.
View network connections required by sync feature.
Phone call permission for pause/resume on calls.
Pair with Bluetooth devices permission to allow optional auto play when connecting to bluetooth.
Wake Lock to ensure audio plays when screen is off.
Retrieve running apps for background service to know if the app is showing.
Change your audio settings for equalizer.
IMPORTANT NOTE: due to the differences in audio capabilities between different Android OS versions and device models, it is recommended you install the trial version before using this application, to ensure that your audio files are playable on your device: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.akimbo.abp.trial
Read the full manual at https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0ByHIlLQe6aBabWRJOVE2MFBDbVE&export=download&hl=en
• Supports all the major audio book and other audio formats: M4A, M4B (including iPod chaptered books), MP4, MP3, ogg vorbis.
• Reads cover images and chapter information from within audio book files.
• Parses WMA and FLAC (actual ability to play depends on your device).
• Maintain your last position and last set volume level for each book.
• Partial play speed control (IMPORTANT: requires purchase of Presto app and is limited to MP3 and OGG formats, will not work on M4B books).
• Allows bookmarks for each book.
• Configurable step buttons for quick shifts forwards or backwards.
• Easy to use “go to” dialog that will take you instantly to any chapter or position throughout the book.
• Home Screen Widget.
• Allows a one-click automatic download of covers for any book, or for your entire library at once.
• A configurable “lock” mode, which prevents accidental changes of position during play.
• Sleep Timer, pausing play after a specified time.
• Loads your entire library at once: offers a one-click scan of any folder tree on your device.
• The player screen offers a host of accessibility and experience improving features, including large-font and human voice indication (and approval) for your actions.
• Allows undoing and redoing any accidental change in position while listening.
For easy listening to your audiobook without looking at the screen (while engaged in some other action or for the visually impaired) it offers a range of accessibility features (including human voice indications) as well as an option to lock the player against accidental changes.
The player is highly recommended not just for audiobooks, but for any episodic format, such as music albums or podcasts.
A note on permissions:
• Internet access is only done at your express request to download covers (it is never launched without a user pressing the download cover button). No personal information is ever sent outside your phone.
• Access to your phone’s state is required to pause the player when a call comes in. No other use of this permission is made.
• Writing to the external storage is required if you choose to save the app’s data (library, images, etc.) on the SD card, instead of the device’s internal storage. No other use of this permission is made.
• Battery status and wake lock permissions are used to prevent locking the device (when configured by the user) when playing or when playing while connected to a power source.
Home screen Widgets as separate download "MortPlayer Widgets".
Also check "MortPlayer Music", which is optimized for music playback, e.g. with several shuffle and repeat modes.
Want to fix or add a translation? Go to http://www.getlocalization.com/MortPlayer_AudioBooks/
- Folder based navigation
- Configurable main directory (e.g. all files below "/sdcard/music" or "/sdcard/audiobooks", individual for each player)
- Auto save and restore recent position for each track
- Manual bookmarks
- Separate buttons for ffwd./rewind witch configurable timespan
- Go to given position in track (time entry dialog)
- List of 10 most recent events for each track (where did you press play, stop, got interrupted by a call, activate the sleep timer, ...)
- List of started but unfinished tracks (in bookmark dialog)
- Playlist support: Reads m3u, m3u8, pls, and asx; writes m3u and m3u8; allows adding files outside of main directory; easy access to playlists in main folder and subdirectories
- Ignores .nomedia (you set the directory, should be fine - right?)
- Reads ID3 tags itself (usually less buggy than Android's media library)
- Album art support: ID3 tags (jpg+png, types "other" and "front cover"), AlbumArt.jpg/png, cover.jpg/png, folder.jpg
- Plays all media types supported by core Android (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, M4A, 3GP, MIDI, Wave) and some device specific (WMA, FLAC), but only on devices which support them
- Easy folder/file selection by tapping cover resp. tag info
- Set the track order for each folder
- Flexible play, shuffle, and repeat modes (stop after track, repeat folder, shuffle files per folder, shuffle all files, ...)
- Supports headset buttons and OpenWatch
- Pause/continue on headset removal/plug and calls
- Sleep mode (stop playback, power off not allowed by Android system)
- Alarm clock
- Swipe gestures
- Selectable layouts (so far only default, car, and big cover) and themes
- Selectable backgrounds (theme color, own images, or wallpapers - even Live Wallpapers)
- Delete and send files
- Supports equalizer, bass boost, and reverb on devices with Android 2.3
- and some more, just check the preferences...
Phone state: Used to pause during a call. Otherwise it would only be muted by the system.
Wake lock: So the playback isn't stopped when you turn off the screen. Also for some optional features like disabling the auto screen off during playback.
Disable keyguard: In case you only want to use the app's lock screen. (And not return to the default one afterwards.)
Write/delete external storage: For some internal files in \.MortPlayer, e.g. cached folder covers from ID3 tags and track order lists.
Internet: Ads (AdMob)
Boot completed: To reschedule the alarm clock after boot.
Tasks: For "StopService" activity, to avoid the system returns to player afterwards
- Unique book navigation system with bars for coarse, fine, and finest navigation to switch to any position in the audiobook in a few, if not in one, touch.
- Original concept of interactive visual time marks, when bookmarks, last point reached, and last point of interaction marks are shown right on the player screen navigation bars for one click navigation. No more traversing menus to find your bookmarks. No more loosing you current playback position after replaying previously stored bookmark, seeking for some content, or changing the playback position by mistake.
- Ability to import and play books stored in Dropbox.
- Ability to play multi-folders books - a feature that many other audiobook players lack.
- Ability to sort audio files by tags and smart name sorting (when "Chapter 10" follows "Chapter 9").
- Ability to pause and resume playback from the lock screen.
- Notification with ability to play, pause, or rewind playback.
- Traditional playback controls (play / pause, rewind, fast forward, next and previous) and ways of navigation.
Enjoy the advanced navigation functionality for free for 45 days, after which you may either buy a full license for all your qualified Android devices or continue using the basic version of the application.
To use SpokenWord Audiobook Player:
The audiobook files must be copied to your device and stored in a separate folder. The book folder may consist of audio files or sub-folders with audio files. If a book folder or its sub-folder contains an image file, it will be a first choice for a book cover, though you can use any image from your gallery for this purpose.
SpokenWord Audiobook Player requires the following permissions:
read the context of your USB storage - to play audio files;
read phone status - to pause playback during phone calls;
prevent phone from sleeping - to keep processor from sleeping when playing a book;
read phone identity and internet access (full network access, view network connections) - to enforce a free trial period for a device;
write to external storage - to store books imported from Dropbox;
internet access - to send anonymous reports on application crashes (you may opt out from sending the reports in the application settings) and to access Dropbox;
Google Play billing service - to allow license purchasing.
Also, to import audiobooks from Dropbox the app must be allowed to read audio files and image files (for book artwork) stored in Dropbox. Dropbox will ask you for the permission the first time you connect to it.
SpokenWord Audiobook Player sends and receives data only in the following cases:
- An anonymous device id is sent once during the first run to check when, if ever, the application was installed and run before. It is necessary to enforce the free trial period of the premium functionality.
- In the unlikely event of a crash an anonymous error report is sent to developers to help them improve the application. You may opt out of sending crash reports in the application settings (Menu/Settings).
- When buying license.
- When browsing Dropbox storage and importing books from Dropbox.
© 2014 Wiltech, Inc.
Tags: audiobook, audio book, player
Features include (but are not limited to) :
- Customizable 5 band equalizer with presets
- Over 30 different themes
- Album art manager
- Tag editor for music files
- Batch selection – for selecting multiple songs at once
- Custom lockscreen
- Reconfigurable interface
- Resource management options
- Chromecast support for a TV listening experience
- Video browser and player
- Embedded lyrics support
- Sleep timer
- Playlist manager
- Podcast bookmarks
- Add music “Up Next”
- Scrobbling support
- M3U and M3U8 playlist support
Upgrade to Rocket Player Premium for:
- More audio formats: alac, tta, ape, mpc, wav, flac, wv and wma (except lossless and copy protected)
- 10 band graphic equalizer
- plus many more features, compare here: http://www.jrtstudio.com/RocketPlayer/Free-vs-premium-and-cloud
Subscribe for cloud features:
- Playlist backup and syncing between devices
- Album Art downloading
- Auto Tag editing
Combine with iSyncr for metadata syncing.
Visit http://www.jrtstudio.com/RocketPlayer/FAQ for more information.
© 2015 JRT Studio LLC | iSyncr is a trademark of JRT Studio LLC | iTunes is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Folder Player is a popular and totally free (NO Ads!) minimalistic but powerful alternative music player which uses folders to play music or audiobooks. Supports MP3 format, as well as (*IF* supported by your hardware), FLAC, WAV, AAC, WMA among others.
Just navigate deep to any directory you like and play it. You an play individual files too.
Folder Player is a freeware which knows how to play whole directories. It can browse and play individual files, folders, or full folder trees.
Why another music player for Android?
There are many great mp3 players out there. If you're happy with them, you probably don't need another one. But chances are, you have same problem as I had before I created this app - you tried many players (like MortPlayer or WinAmp), and your mp3 tag-based access to your music still too cumbersome, because your world defined - yes - by folders.
Is Folder Player a solution?
If you need advanced capabilities of a desktop player - Folder Player is probably not the right fit.
This player focuses on things that really are important: browsing and playing music on a portable device, and that's exactly what makes this app stand out.
You can learn more, join beta program or leave feedback at http://folderplayer.com
If you like the player - it is important to rate this app - here is why:
More people rate it -> more people see it -> more feedback -> more updates
(by the way same applies to other apps you like, rate them too!)
Other features include:
- integration with bluetooth headphones (and car)
- integration with last.fm (via scrobbler)
- pauses during phone calls and navigation speech
- sequential and random play
- configurable settings
- Double press headset button to skip track
- Search (Android 4+)
I would like to thank all the fans of this app, for your feedback, donation, translations and also Uplink (http://vinisoft.com) who helped me with the UI for this app.
Want to be part of the beta program? https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.folderplayer
★★★★★ Easily the best looking music player on android.
★★★★★ This is so much better than the "built-in" music player that came with my phone.
★★★★★ Why I struggled with Google Music for so long is beyond me. Love this app. Great integration with iTunes. Keep up the good work.
What's the catch?
Unlike other music players, doubleTwist is a free download, not a "trial". We update it frequently and listen to your feedback to make it better. We make money from an optional in-app upgrade to doubleTwist Pro unlocking the following premium music player features: AirSync, AirPlay, DLNA support, equalizer, album art search and removal of podcast ads.
doubleTwist is handmade with ❤ in Austin, Texas, live music's world capital. Thanks to you, we manage music & podcasts for more than 10 million loyal listeners.
Help? Visit http://www.doubletwist.com/help/platform/android/
Join our public group for useful tips & support: https://plus.google.com/communities/114410062688956839568
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/doubletwist
- Built in 6-band equalizer with bass boost,
- Gapless playback
- Lyrics (supports both embedded lyrics and online lyrics via MusixMatch)
- Automatic artwork downloading
- The best user interface of any music player in the Play Store
- Tons of theme options, including light & dark mode
- Sleep timer
- Extremely customizable widgets
- Last.fm Scrobbling
Features available only in the paid version (Shuttle+)
- id3 tag editing
- Folder browsing
- ChromeCasting to your TV
- Tons more themes
Shuttle Music Player contains everything you need in a music player... and a little bit more. It is the music player of choice for your Android device!
Check out http://www.shuttlemusicplayer.com for more info.
Like Shuttle+ on Facebook:
There's no easy way. Practice makes perfect.
We just want to be small assist for your long way.
Play playback Speed Control/Pitch control
Extracting Audio from movie file and play audio with speed control
Subtitle support(.smi, .srt)
Headset Button Control
MP3 Edit (Cutting and Merging)
Powerful MP3 file manager
Text/Image Viewer ( Lyrics in MP3 file.)
Silence auto detection, move, repetition,...
Powerful Bookmark (History)
Most of audio, video format are supported.
(In case of video file, it extracts audio and play with speed control)
Best with POD Cast , Audio Book , Pimsleur
Audio Music Player Foreign Language study player
Listening test English Chinese French German Italian Japanese Korean Portuguese Russian Spanish Lessons GMAT SAT Score IELTS
LNAT PREP EAP International education Language schools
Exam Test FLEX TOEFL JLPT JPT HSK GRE ETS OPIC POD Cast
Good morning pops GMP High middle school Audio Book
Besides that it comes with a lot of unique features.
• Resume where you left. Stores for each folder where you left
• Show folders as a 'flat' list if you have a small collection
• Alternatively show folder hierarchy like in a file manager for larger collections
• Four configurable seek buttons. Very useful for seeking in podcasts or audio books
• Equalizer (Android 2.3 and newer):
- 4 customizable settings
- 8 predefined settings like Bass Booster, Vocal Booster and Party setting
• Virtual room and reverb effect (Android 2.3)
• Speed control with pitch correction (Android 4.2+)
Increase or decrease the playback speed of your podcasts or audio books.
Not suitable for music. Please watch the video: http://youtu.be/d_0eWUXs6Yo
• Pre-amplifyer: Increase the volume of audio which was recorded with a low level. (Android 4.2+)
• 432 Hz playback mode. Please read this article for details: http://goo.gl/Oeg5hh (Android 4.2+)
• Car/Sports mode with big buttons
• Change volume and balance with two finger gesture. Youtube video: http://goo.gl/9LXsIE
• Undo function: Undo actions if you accidentally touch a button or select another track
• Shuffle and repeat options (long tap on play/pause button)
• Delete and rename files (long tap on file)
• Sleep timer
• Headset button control (double and triple clicks)
• Lyrics via musiXmatch app
• Last.fm scrobbling via 'Simple Last.fm Scrobbler' app
• Search for files and folder
• Share files
Don't worry about 'adware' warnings of some antivirus scanners. Of course the player is not a virus. This is just because the player shows advertisements. The full version is not affected by that.
Permissions: Please take a look at the F.A.Q section on my homepage:
Audio: mp3, ogg, flac, m4b(partial support), mp4, 3gp, mid, wma(not all devices), xmf, mxmf, rtttl,rtx, wav, m4a, amr.
Video: mp4, 3gp
Adjustable audio speed[only 2.0x-6.0x] (only mp3)
Adjustable speed pitch control
Playlist auto generation based on a selected folder
Search in playlists and music browser
M3U playlists support
Select a folder for playback
Resume/pause playback when the headset is plugged/unplugged
Bluetooth headset support
Hotkeys, actions, menu, and buttons organizers
Fetching cover arts[only from ID3tags]
Non-Unicode encoding support (displays Artist, Album in your own language for Non-Unicode encodings)
Join us in Facebook and VK:
Astro Player YouTube channel
Astro Player Support Forum
Audio books from LibriVox are free thanks to the dedicated work of hundreds of volunteers who record, edit and distribute the books. New releases are prepared daily, and the entire catalog spans the breadth of world literature, including novels, history, biography, short stories, poetry and more in both fiction and non-fiction.
The LibriVox audio book app makes it easy to search for free audio books, as well as classic radio dramas. You can browse by title, author or genre, look at new recordings, or search for specific key words. Because the books are free, you can listen to as much or as little of a book as you like with no cost. The app remembers your position, so when you return to a book later, you can start listening at the place where you left off.
To see the LibriVox Audio Book catalog, visit http://librivox.bookdesign.biz
For more information about DLNA, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Living_Network_Alliance.
Ginkgo DLNA / uPnP Player acts as Media Player or Media Controller, allows you to find media from
Media Servers (Windows PC, NAS with DNLA server installed, etc.) in your home network, and play to
Media Renderer(network player, smart TV, etc.) or locally on your android device.
[Zero configuration]: Thanks to DLNA, compatible devices are discovered automatically. No configuration is needed.
[Library browsing] : User friendly UI to browse you media library with deep structure.
[Favorites] : Supports favorites folders and medias, allows finding frequently played medias quickly.
[History] : Recently played medias are kept in history.
[Play to remote renderer]: Used as remote control for your renderer, plays media to Media Renderer.
[Play music on phone] : Built-in audio renderer based on Android media facilities, commonly supported audio
format include .mp3.mp4 .mpa .flac .ogg. .mkv .wav. 3gp.
(For more details : http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html)
[Built-in image viewer] : Built-in image viewer with zoomer to visualize your photos.
[Play with external app] :
video medias are forwarded to other player installed on your phone. (e.g. "MX Player", “VPlayer” )
Known DLNA issue
[Media formats]: Media Renderers may support from extensive to limited media formats. Take this into
consideration when choosing your media renderer. Media servers supporting “transcoding” could be a solution
if the renderer supports limited formats.
[Not supported operations]: Some Media Renderers have limited support of DLNA operations. Common issues include :
1. SEEK, PAUSE, SET VOLUMN not supported.
2.No finish signal sent when current track ended(So no continue play support by Ginkgo DLNA player).
[Media information] : DLNA allows Media Servers providing optional information for medias. This include
encoding, size/duration artist, album, album art, etc. Most media servers do a good job, but some do just the
minimum. Consider changing media server if you want more media information.
[Protocol Message Error ]: DLNA compatible devices communicate each other by protocol messages. Some
media servers may send sometimes malformed messages that cannot be properly handled be others. This may
lead to loss of information or application crash.
This application is in beta test phase. Your feedbacks on application bugs, device compatibility issues are welcome.
For the purpose of improving the quality, this application send anonymous crash reports and usage information.
This application is not certified by Digital Living Network Alliance.
Additional features of the Pro version:
* No ads
* Show appreciation and support further development
* Remember position when switching between books
* Sleep history (find out when it/you fell asleep)
* Optional volume limiter to lower the volume overall (useful to get fine grade volume control on low volumes)
* Optionally display track title/track filename
* Plays audiobooks. :)
* Sleep timer (pauses if you fall asleep while listening, you indicate that you are awake by poking/shaking the phone)
* Play/pause widgets for home screen
* Custom media scanner so that audiobook files can be hidden from music players (reads .nomedia directories)
* Pause/resume on calls and/or headphone plug in/out
* Play/pause/skip using headset media buttons
* Lots of configuration options
To enable an audiobook, copy it to a subfolder of your Audiobooks folder in the root of your SD card and select "Select Book" from the player menu.
Read the FAQ (accessible from the main menu of the player) before asking questions.
Leave general feedback in a comment here in Market. Report bugs and request features via the "Report bug" option in the app.
"Audiobook" in some other languages:
Hörbuch | Audiolibro | Livre audio | Ljudbok | Ljudböcker | böcker | Lydbok | Lydbog | Aŭdlibro | Äänikirja | Аудіокнига | Audiokniha | Ljóðbøkur | hljóðbók | Lauschterbuch | Audiobuch | Buku audio | Audioknjiga | 有聲書 | オーディオブック | 오디오북 | ספר מוקלט
Audio Books | Gapless playback | bookmark | remember position | restore | group | mp3, mp4, aac, ogg, flac, wav | shake | wake | alarm | bed | bluetooth headset
You can find musics easily in your folders.
It's good for audio book listeners and language learners.
Now, you only download songs from your computer with folders.
-shows folders list that has songs / Folder Player
-shows audio files / Music Player
-select a song and than play all songs in the same folder
-file name based sorting
-turning album image.. it's beautiful! CD Player
-support App Widget
Bookmarks, variable speed playback, A-B repeat, equalizer, scrobbling, etc.
Supported audio formats : mp3, ogg, wav (8/16bit pcm)
- Doesn't support MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate. See Q&A.
** if you've updated your phone to JellyBean (4.0 -> 4.1 or 4.1 -> 4.2):
Please uninstall and then reinstall Maple. (because Jellybean has a new file system)
Want to help translate to your language?
* Browse and play your audio by folders, playlists, albums, artists, and genres
* Tempo control (variable speed playback)
You can change tempo from 0.25x to 4.00x with the same pitch.
* Pitch control (audio key changer)
You can change pitch from -0.5 to +0.5 octave (-6.00 to +6.00 semitones).
* Auto playback history
* Sleep timer
* Selectable themes
* ICS lockscreen support
(requires android 4.0 and up)
* musiXmatch FloatingLyrics support
* Vocal remover (for center-panned vocals)
You can use it for karaoke.
and more ...
You can activate the following extra features by purchasing Unlocker.
* No banner ads
* Tempo from 0.25x to 5.00x
* Pitch from -2 to +2 octaves (-24.00 to +24.00 semitones)
* Bass Booster
* Reverb Presets
to auto-stop audio playback when your phone starts ringing
to save playlists and bookmarks
to get real-time audio waveform data for the visualizer. See the link below to get the details: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/audiofx/Visualizer.html
to prevent your device from sleeping during playback
for ads, and error & usage reporting
for volume control and sound effects
General Questions/Answers for Maple
Q. Cannot open MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate. Why?
A. The app doesn't support MP3 files downloaded by TubeMate (or other downloaders). They are not real MP3 files in many cases.
Ginkgo shopping list helps you make shopping list more easily than on bloc-notes. You can manage multiple shopping lists, track your purchases and share your lists with others.
Support multiple lists.
Easy and fast input with autocomplete
Intuitive gestures to sort list
Multiple themes available to meet your preference.