***Location Service is not available in Bangladesh***
Find community hosted maps from ArcGIS Online – Esri’s online GIS. Alternatively you can use the authoring tools on ArcGIS.com to create your own maps that can be used in ArcGIS.
If you are an existing Esri customer this application is part of your ArcGIS system. You can share your corporate maps and extend the reach of your GIS to your Android devices within your enterprise using ArcGIS Server.
- Navigate map galleries in just a few taps
- Use maps authored in ArcGIS.com
- Access your own GIS data
- Display and zoom to current location
- Data Collection and Editing
* Use your GPS or the map to collect and update GIS data
* Attach photos to what you collect
* Intelligent form-based data entry driven by ArcGIS data models
* Includes a set of hosted industry specific collection sample maps so you can test drive these capabilities. Look for them inside of the new Gallery entry on the Find Maps tab.
- Magnify your Identify and Editing experience
* When interacting with the map, tap and hold to accurately locate a position on the map using a Magnifier
- Perform linear and area measurements based on your current location or by interacting with the map.
- Retrieve detailed map metadata
- View feature attribute information
- Perform keyword search and get access to relevant information
- Change the visibility of layers
- Access popular maps faster by adding them to your favorites list
Collect and Update Spatial Data
* Collect new GIS features using the map or GPS
* Complete intelligent data entry forms specific to your data
* Attach photos
Find Places and get Directions
* Find places and points of interest around you
* Get driving directions to places and your features (via your ArcGIS Online Subscription)
* Calculate distance and area on top of the map
* Periodically report your location
* Open bookmarked locations
* Switch basemaps
* Turn on/off map layers
There are 2 modes.
You can change the pose of the robot by pressing the screen long.
You can navigate the robot by pressing the screen long.
Wiki available here:
Wiki available here:
It has the following functionalities;
* Can choose any ESRI basemap
* You can add you own operation mapservice
* Find can be used on operational layers
* Bookmarks manager
* Identify ('portrait' displays top feature, 'landscape' displays all features)
* Zoom to find feature from find results
* Zoomin, Zoomout, Pan, Full Extent, Zoom Previous, Zoom Next, Clear selection
Integrates seamlessly with Google Maps™
+ Capture points, lines and polygons
+ Snap to existing features
+ Add text notes
+ Use precise GPS, sketch or automatic tracing
+ Export maps to KML and Google Earth™
+ Measure distance and direction (bearing)
+ Compass display
+ Works without a live network connection
* Buy pcMapper Db and get:
+ ESRI shapefile import/export & SQLite database support
I have to agree with Al Placette when he said this is "one of the most beautiful and oft-quoted lines ever penned about sailing and the sea..."
If you have this extreme nostalgic feeling for this ancient art of navigation using the stars and the planets rather than a GPS, then this app is for you. This app is created with the hope that it could help to do a little part in preserving this beautiful art of navigation, and may be, bringing us all a little bit closer to those courageous sea goers centuries before us.
You can also use it for practical purposes of locating your position while treking or navigating on the open sea. It is more fun to use than using a GPS and it doesn't drain your phone battery power as a GPS would.
1. This app allows you to enter sextant information of a star sighting and it calculates the most likely position for you.
2. The most likely position is shown on a map that you can zoom in and out to any location around the world.
3. It outputs the relevant information about any star that you are sighting (GHA, Declination, Intercept distance, Azimuth angle, calculated altitude, etc) for you to review. This is a handy feature so that you don't need to bother bringing those big and heavy Nautical Almanac volumes around with you.
4. It can make use of the sensor available on most smart phones to help you measure the altitude of a star by pointing your device in the direction of the star. This feature is handy when you don't have a sextant available.
5. It supports all the 57 navigation stars, plus the SUN, MOON, POLARIS and all the planets.
6. Other helpful aids: meridian, rise, set time and magnetic variation.
This software is a complement to your sextants. It is also a good tool to show your kids about astronomy and its practical benefit, that is how people have been using it to navigate their ways around the world.
If you are already familiar with sextant navigation then continue with the reading, otherwise you can read the background section on celestial navigation to familiar yourself with the concept.
To determine your position you must perform a series of star sighting (at least two but the more the better) and record the following information with the help of a sextant:
1. GMT time of the observations
2. Star name: SUN, MOON, Polaris, Sirius, Altair, etc.
3. Altitudes of the stars in degrees and minutes
4. Others info: eyes height above sea level, sextant correction index, lower or upper limb (required for the SUN and MOON only)
The app allows you to enter all these information and it calculates the most likely position for you.
Since most of us may not have a sextant, this app makes use of the available sensors on most smart phones to help you measure the altitude of the star by simply point the device to it. The sensor accuracy is within 1 degree so it is not as accurate as a good sextant but if you do several star sightings then the error will average out and you will get a good fix of your position.
Celestial Navigation Background
Rather than writing a complex mathematical tutorial on celestial navigation and perhaps turn away 90% of the users permanently, let me start by saying that celestial navigation is another way of determining your position on earth by using the stars as your light houses .
Please note that I am using the term star loosely here to mean the Sun, the Moon and the planets as well.
Most of us are familiar with the concept of the light house as it is a mean to help people at sea to determine their position and find their way to a safe port. By keeping track of light houses along your route on a map and follow them, one should be able to get to his destination without much trouble.
Similarly, this app is able to keep track of all the light houses in the sky and help you to navigate to your safe harbor - even if your GPS is broken :)
This sailing, boating & marine app provides all skippers and crew with essential quick reference knowledge to help them identify vessels and the activities they are engaged in, as specified by the ColRegs.
Whether out on the water or on shore, in daylight, darkness or poor visibility, simply open the app and search the rules in seconds to find the appropriate ColRegs rule and definition.
**** This application has been downloaded & used daily by thousands of seafarers in the USA, Great Britain, Australia, France, Canada, New Zealand & over 50 other countries ****
- No internet connection required.
- Simple, easy to use navigation for quick reference.
- Every rule & definition available at the touch of a finger.
- Expertly drawn illustrations accompanied by clear, concise descriptions of all the rules.
The app has 4 sections:
1. The Nav Lights section features graphics & descriptions of the lights that are displayed by different vessels at night.
2. The Day Shapes section features graphics & descriptions of the shapes that are displayed during daylight.
3. A quiz in the Test Yourself section features multiple combinations of lights & shapes to test your knowledge.
4. The ColRegs section features the rules in full.
Use the Test Yourself section to check your knowledge and application of the rules. If you answer any incorrectly, go back and read through the rule again.
A good understanding of the ColRegs is essential for all people who go to sea in sailing and power boating craft. A candidate for Yachtmaster exams should be aiming to achieve at least 80% pass marks.
ColRegs Nav Lights & Shapes helps boaters identify the types of vessel and the activities they are engaged in at sea, as specified by the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea. This learning tool covers Part C: Lights and Shapes, Rules 20-31 of the ColRegs.
Our other app in this series: “ColRegs Rules Of The Road” covers "Steering & Sailing Rules" and "Sound and Light Signals" sections as specified in the IRPCS.
************ FEATURES and BENEFITS *******************
- Easy reference learning and revision tool for day skipper and similar courses worldwide
- Over 100 custom made graphics for a better visual experience
- Researched and produced by nautical and marine experts for accuracy
- Positively evaluated by professional pilots for reliability
- Interactive "Test Yourself" Section
A useful tool to assist Trainers and Trainees on Day Skipper and Yacht master Courses.
*********** ENDORSEMENTS FROM THE SAILING & BOATING COMMUNITY ***********
"I liked the general feel and simplicity of the ColRegs Rules of the Road app"
"Very easy to use, wish I'd had this when I was doing day skipper!"
"We run a training centre and these apps are a great aide memoire for our students."
"I have just downloaded and am using ColRegs Nav Lights & Shapes app, a brilliant training and reference device."
"I was so impressed with your Nav Lights app that I bought it and downloaded it immediately."
"I really like the colregs part of it and the way you have kept it completely in line with the IRPCS."
"I have deleted another app that I had in favour of yours."
"....excellent graphics, really first class clean design and accurate info..."
" Beautifully produced and very simple to use, a cool learning tool"
" Good app for anyone to use, especially when you are training for boatmaster, yachtmaster etc. Much easier than flip cards"
Boaters know that collision avoidance is made possible when boat operators know how to deal with situations appropriately.
OTHER APPS IN THE SERIES:
ColRegs: The Rules of the Road covers the "Steering and Sailing Rules"
"Sound and Light Signals" sections of the IRPCS IALA Buoys & Lights - covers both IALA Systems A & B
Need help studying for US Coast Guard / Merchant Mariners Exam"?
Android to the Rescue!!
Study Mate is a fantastic app that has over 1000 multiple choice questions that are given on the actual test as given by the USCG.
Study Mate is intuitive and easy to use. It's great for learning the Rules or just keep yourself polished. Its all inclusive so Its GREAT at sea or anywhere you want to study.
Study Mate allows you to quiz yourself by question categories. You can set the quantity of questions in each test and questions based on you past history answered : Right, Wrong, New Question, Any.
Study Mate grades your test and keeps up with your answers. You can then go back and quiz yourself on past wrong answers. You can quiz yourself over and over until you answer all the questions right! then you can reset all your questions and start all over !!
Study Mate shows you the total number answered, total number right and wrong, and your overall grade.
Study Mate is a GREAT tool for mastering all the questions asked for "Navigation General"
Other Tests Available also such as Deck Exam and Navigation with more on the way !! Just search for "Study Mate" for "Mariners"
We aim to keep our customers very happy and to keep our rankings at the top. Please contact us with any problems you may experience. Our apps are guaranteed our your money back.
If you like the app PLEASE give us feed back to help keep us improving.
For Questions, Problems Or Suggestions Please Contact Us
Owner : edapptic.com
Complete Inland Navigation Rules for all U.S. inland waters and the Great Lakes. With 100+ specially produced explanatory illustrations and captions. For all boaters.
Plus FREE bonus emergency procedures section.
************ FEATURES and BENEFITS *******************
- For reference, learning & revision
- Over 100 custom made graphics for quick reference and easy learning
- Researched and produced by nautical and marine experts for accuracy
- Positively evaluated by professionals for reliability
The complete Inland Navigation Rules for the United States including Parts A, B, C, D and E, plus Annexes, Interpretative Rules and other associated Navigation Regulations are all included in this app. See details below.
A bonus illustrated section includes emergency procedures for boaters to follow when in difficulty.
Anyone who is responsible for a vessel, from the smallest dinghy to an ocean going freighter, must be able to recognize other vessels around them by day or night, whatever the visibility. They need to be able to quickly interpret what other vessels are doing, who has right of way and what action they should take to prevent a possible collision. This is not always easy, especially along crowded rivers, narrow channels, in harbors or in poor visibility.
NAVIGATION RULES INLAND includes the fully illustrated Rules of the Road - great for quick reference and easy learning.
• Steering & Sailing Rules [ILLUSTRATED]
• Lights & Shapes [ILLUSTRATED]
• Sound & Light Signals [ILLUSTRATED]
NAVIGATION RULES INLAND also includes the complete detailed rules as follows:
* Annex I - Positioning and Technical Details of Lights and Shapes
* Annex II - Additional Signals for Fishing Vessels Fishing in Close Proximity
* Annex III - Technical Details of Sound Appliances
* Annex IV - Distress Signals [ILLUSTRATED]
* Annex V - Pilot Signals
* Interpretive Rules
* COLREGS DEMARCATION LINES - detailed information of the lines of jurisdiction that separate the Inland and International Rules, as indicated on National Ocean Service navigation charts
* Alternative Compliance
* Waters upon which Inland Rules apply
* Vessel Bridge to Bridge Radiotelephone Regulations
* Vessel Traffic Services (VTS) Call Signs, Designated Frequencies, and Monitoring Areas
* Penalty Provisions
************* FREE Bonus Content from "Safe Skipper" *****************************
Safety Afloat Tips & Advice on Emergency Procedures for all Sailors and Leisure Boaters.
* Safety information & practical tips
* Specially created custom graphics: illustrations, photos & diagrams
* Advice on emergency procedures
* Stay safe and prevent accidents happening
* Written & illustrated by a qualified & experienced yachtsman
Includes information on:
* Abandoning ship
* Distress signals
* Engine failure
* Fire fighting
* Getting a tow
* Helicopter rescue
* Holed hull
* MAYDAY procedures
* Medical emergency
* SAR signals
Customer feedback for Safe Skipper:
"Highly recommend this App, get it on your iPhone or iPad today"
"This app is full of really useful info for anyone going to sea (or inland waterways...). It's presented really well, and has some good graphics. Can't believe just how much they've packed in. Recommended."
"A well written and detailed app for yachts & inland craft also quite useful for ocean going vessels - well done."
Special thanks to Captain Richard J. Rodriguez, U.S. Coast Guard licensed Master and Director of Operations at Zenith Maritime for his helpful advice and recommendations.
This application contains over 300 ESRI test questions split up between ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, and ESRI Developer categories. This application contains over 130 desktop questions.
Questions are randomly seeded every time so you get a fresh test every time. The application keeps track of you correct answers rating. You can adjust the number of questions in case you want to take shorter test.
Tested on Android 2.2 and 4.2
Do you need a professional app to accompany you during you navigation, then try this App!
"Navigation tools' app has 7 screens full of information:
1. Satellite positions in the sky (skyview), shown on a radar(including additional information).
2. Your current speed, battery level and battery temperature shown on a speedometer.
3. Your current altitude shown on as text, on a graph,and on a altitude chart.
4. A simple compass showing you your direction (Additional: Pitch and Roll).
5. Artificial Horizon
6. Inclinometer showing you the pitch and the roll of your car.
7. Proximity Alert (It alerts you when you are near a point of interest), Place Finder (A simple search engine for the Map), Place surfer (Showing you important information about a place picked by you).
New Tools will be added as soon as possible.
1. To increase the gps signal go outdoors!
2. To calibrate the compass just wave your phone in a figure of 8 motion.
Tags: radar, satellite, inclinometer, pitch, roll, compass, horizon, artificial, speedometer, speed, altimeter, altitude, tools, navigation, tool, gps, test, sensor.
For access to your data, please subscribe at marketplace.arcgis.com.
More from developer
Tag You're It: Zombies is an outdoor active movement game that allows you to test your ability to outrun an actual horde of zombies. The zombies are fast moving, fast thinking creatures played by your friends!
Instead of arguing over "who-touched-who", battles are determined by several random minigames. If you win: you survive…at least for a little longer. If you lose: you join the legion of zombies!
This game requires GPS location and an active data connection. Games last 10 minutes, or until all humans are converted into zombies.
Invite your friends and get started today!