Find community hosted maps from ArcGIS Online – Esri’s online GIS. Alternatively you can use the authoring tools on ArcGIS.com to create your own maps that can be used in ArcGIS.
If you are an existing Esri customer this application is part of your ArcGIS system. You can share your corporate maps and extend the reach of your GIS to your Android devices within your enterprise using ArcGIS Server.
- Navigate map galleries in just a few taps
- Use maps authored in ArcGIS.com
- Access your own GIS data
- Display and zoom to current location
- Data Collection and Editing
* Use your GPS or the map to collect and update GIS data
* Attach photos to what you collect
* Intelligent form-based data entry driven by ArcGIS data models
* Includes a set of hosted industry specific collection sample maps so you can test drive these capabilities. Look for them inside of the new Gallery entry on the Find Maps tab.
- Magnify your Identify and Editing experience
* When interacting with the map, tap and hold to accurately locate a position on the map using a Magnifier
- Perform linear and area measurements based on your current location or by interacting with the map.
- Retrieve detailed map metadata
- View feature attribute information
- Perform keyword search and get access to relevant information
- Change the visibility of layers
- Access popular maps faster by adding them to your favorites list
Collect and Update Spatial Data
* Collect new GIS features using the map or GPS
* Complete intelligent data entry forms specific to your data
* Attach photos
Find Places and get Directions
* Find places and points of interest around you
* Get driving directions to places and your features (via your ArcGIS Online Subscription)
* Calculate distance and area on top of the map
* Periodically report your location
* Open bookmarked locations
* Switch basemaps
* Turn on/off map layers
It has the following functionalities;
* Can choose any ESRI basemap
* You can add you own operation mapservice
* Find can be used on operational layers
* Bookmarks manager
* Identify ('portrait' displays top feature, 'landscape' displays all features)
* Zoom to find feature from find results
* Zoomin, Zoomout, Pan, Full Extent, Zoom Previous, Zoom Next, Clear selection
*** A web account is required to use this application (you can get a web account at www.datapointcloud.com) ***
*** See the web site to learn about how to get a free month to evaluate the web account, no strings attached. ***
The web account allows you to layout templates for assets you want to collect data on (like fire hydrants, parking meters, street signs, or anything else). You can put any fields you want into a template and make your data look like you need it to. Choose from list fields, text fields, radio button fields, GPS fields, picture fields, bar-code fields, and more. Once you have designed a template on your web account use the android application to collect information out in the field. Work with and without a data connection (you can collect data/browse cached data on the device without an internet connection and upload later once you have wifi). Mapping integration allows for GPS related searches and visualization in the field. Software that companies like Trimble and CartoPac put out are overly complex and way to expensive, DataPoint allows you to collect and manage anything you want for an affordable price. Perfect for GIS data collection the web account let's you export and import data via CSV and KML formats to easily get your data where it needs to be. You can collect GPS coordinates as accurately as you need with either on board GPS or by connecting to an external GPS device via Bluetooth (external devices need to provide a NMEA compliant data stream). Connecting to external GPS receivers allows you the flexibility of getting as accurate GPS coordinates as you require.
For information on pricing, tutorials, documentation, faqs, contact info, etc visit www.datapointcloud.com. You can see tutorial videos of DataPoint in action. DataPoint is incredibly flexible and able to meet any asset management needs, check us out.
Trimble Pathfinder Office, CartoPac, ArcPad, ArcGIS.
Wiki available here:
The application has been designed to be simple and intuitive: no GIS knowledge is required. The app can be easily extended to provide custom workflows.
You can log into the app and use test data with the following credentials: demouser/demouser.
When you sign up through ArcGIS MarketPlace - marketplace.arcgis.com - we will contact you directly with instructions on how to test your own ArcGIS Online published data
For optimum stability and performance, the app is best used to visualize and edit up to 1000 features in one map view.
I have to agree with Al Placette when he said this is "one of the most beautiful and oft-quoted lines ever penned about sailing and the sea..."
If you have this extreme nostalgic feeling for this ancient art of navigation using the stars and the planets rather than a GPS, then this app is for you. This app is created with the hope that it could help to do a little part in preserving this beautiful art of navigation, and may be, bringing us all a little bit closer to those courageous sea goers centuries before us.
You can also use it for practical purposes of locating your position while trekking or navigating on the open sea. It is more fun to use than using a GPS and it doesn't drain your phone battery power as a GPS would.
1. This app allows you to enter sextant information of a star sighting and it calculates the most likely position for you.
2. The most likely position is shown on a map that you can zoom in and out to any location around the world.
3. It outputs the relevant information about any star that you are sighting (GHA, Declination, Intercept distance, Azimuth angle, calculated altitude, etc) for you to review. This is a handy feature so that you don't need to bother bringing those big and heavy Nautical Almanac volumes around with you.
4. It can make use of the sensor available on most smart phones to help you measure the altitude of a star by pointing your device in the direction of the star. This feature is handy when you don't have a sextant available.
5. It supports all the 57 navigation stars, plus the SUN, MOON, POLARIS and all the planets.
6. Other helpful aids: meridian, rise, set time and magnetic variation.
This software is a complement to your sextants. It is also a good tool to show your kids about astronomy and its practical benefit, that is how people have been using it to navigate their ways around the world.
To determine your position you must perform a series of star sighting (at least two but the more the better) and record the following information with the help of a sextant:
1. GMT time of the observations
2. Star name: SUN, MOON, Polaris, Sirius, Altair, etc.
3. Altitudes of the stars in degrees and minutes
4. Others info: eyes height above sea level, sextant correction index, lower or upper limb (required for the SUN and MOON only)
The app allows you to enter all these information and it calculates the most likely position for you.
Since most of us may not have a sextant, this app makes use of the available sensors on most smart phones to help you measure the altitude of the star by simply point the device to it. The sensor accuracy is within 1 degree so it is not as accurate as a good sextant but if you do several star sightings then the error will average out and you will get a good fix of your position.
Celestial Navigation Background
Rather than writing a complex mathematical tutorial on celestial navigation and perhaps turn away 90% of the users permanently, let me start by saying that celestial navigation is another way of determining your position on earth by using the stars as your light houses .
Please note that I am using the term star loosely here to mean the Sun, the Moon and the planets as well.
Most of us are familiar with the concept of the light house as it is a mean to help people at sea to determine their position and find their way to a safe port. By keeping track of light houses along your route on a map and follow them, one should be able to get to his destination without much trouble.
Similarly, this app is able to keep track of all the light houses in the sky and help you to navigate to your safe harbor - even if your GPS is broken :)
The app has so many cool features that only a few are listed here.
-- Modern and clean UI
-- Runs on both Landscape and Portrait modes
-- Open web maps from email, SMS, URL's, NFC or ArcGIS.com
-- Organize web maps into folders
-- Supports secured and public web maps
-- Controls for Map Layers, Basemap, Map Extent and Address Finder
-- View Popups, Legend, Bookmarks, About and Description
-- Device sensors - Compass, Gyro, Light, Voice, NFC
-- Sync map (layers, extents, popups) between devices
-- Completely Free!
With MapPad, you can capture and share your tracks and measurements with number of well known cloud providers like G-Drive, Dropbox, Google Fusion Tables or export results to the local geo files like GPX or KML.
Please visit our website to find out how to get OFFLINE MAPS - http://mappadapp.com/offline-maps-advanced-method and get more information about this product.
MapPad is able to display WMS or ArcGIS Server Tiled services. More information and samples are available on our website: http://wp.me/p3DXPT-8V.
MapPad is a very useful tool for anyone involved in forestry, agriculture, roofing, fencing, construction, planning or farming business. It also can be used in the whole range of outdoor activities like golf, biking, walking, running, jogging and other sports where possibility of measure area or length can be useful for development and further analysis in e.g. Google Earth.
- Basemaps: Google Maps (Standard, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain), Open Street Map (Mapnik, Cycle), Bing Maps (Satellite, Hybrid, Roads).
- Google Maps Overlays (Support for custom WMS or ArcGIS Server Tiled service), some layers like US Topo map have been predefined.
- Measure accurate area and perimeter.
- Measure accurate distance and show the bearing from A to B.
- Capture waypoints and group them in categories.
- 3 methods of measurement are supported (Tap on the map, GPS location, Map cursor location).
- Ability to Save\Load\Delete the measurements results.
- Export Measurement results to KML, GPX, CSV to SD Card or cloud services like Fusion Tables, Dropbox or Directly to Open Street Map.
- Export to DXF (Auto CAD)
- Export Waypoints' categories to KML, GPX, GPX as Track for Open Street Map, CSV (SD Card or cloud services).
- Share single waypoint location directly by SMS, E-mail or other ways.
- Direct Export and sharing of the data to Google Fusion Tables.
- Waypoints management: Add\Edit\Remove\Change category...
- Waypoints categories management: Add\Edit\Delete.
- Upload Measurements results directly to OpenStreetMap as GPX tracks.
- Support for most common units length:[m, yd, ft, km, mi], area: [m2, ha, a, acre, km2, mi2].
- Elevation profile available for measurements done by GPS.
- Import of KML and GPX files to the application.
- GPS status and satellites status.
- Address, location search.
- Support for number of different coordinate systems: WGS84 (decimal or degrees), Web Mercator, British National Grid, UTM (NAD83), UTM NATO, UTM SAD69 (Brazil)
- Possibility to edit points labels and description
- Ability to set default measurement units, waypoints' categories colours, track recording time and distance interval, transparency of Google Maps overlays and much more...
- GPS Tracking for measurements
- Adjustable time and distance interval for tracing
- If you experience any problems or have new ideas or comments please do not hesitate to contact us directly or using the contact forms provided on our website.
Keywords: area, length, map, GPS, calculate, precision, measurement, waypoints, points, management, calculation, sport, travel, hill, walking, osm, forestry, agriculture, open, street, perimeter, bearing, maps, ruler, golf, area calculator, range finder, measure, area measure, distance measure, surface measurement, real estate, GPS measure, solar, landscape, area calculation, planimeter, fencing, perimeter, geo, property, roof area, solar panels, roofing, Export to GPX, Export to KML, Export to CSV, Upload to OSM, Upload to OpenStreetMap, Upload GPX, save, save measurements, waypoints management, Fusion Tables, off-line maps, wms, arcgis server tiles, wms layers, wms support, cad export, dxf export, Auto CAD, UTM, NAD83, NATO, UTM SAD69 (Brazil)
Need help studying for US Coast Guard / Merchant Mariners Exam"?
Android to the Rescue!!
Study Mate is a fantastic app that has over 1000 multiple choice questions that are given on the actual test as given by the USCG.
Study Mate is intuitive and easy to use. It's great for learning the Rules or just keep yourself polished. Its all inclusive so Its GREAT at sea or anywhere you want to study.
Study Mate allows you to quiz yourself by question categories. You can set the quantity of questions in each test and questions based on you past history answered : Right, Wrong, New Question, Any.
Study Mate grades your test and keeps up with your answers. You can then go back and quiz yourself on past wrong answers. You can quiz yourself over and over until you answer all the questions right! then you can reset all your questions and start all over !!
Study Mate shows you the total number answered, total number right and wrong, and your overall grade.
Study Mate is a GREAT tool for mastering all the questions asked for "Navigation General"
Other Tests Available also such as Deck Exam and Navigation with more on the way !! Just search for "Study Mate" for "Mariners"
We aim to keep our customers very happy and to keep our rankings at the top. Please contact us with any problems you may experience. Our apps are guaranteed our your money back.
If you like the app PLEASE give us feed back to help keep us improving.
For Questions, Problems Or Suggestions Please Contact Us
Owner : edapptic.com
Complete Inland Navigation Rules for all U.S. inland waters and the Great Lakes. With 100+ specially produced explanatory illustrations and captions. For all boaters.
Plus FREE bonus emergency procedures section.
************ FEATURES and BENEFITS *******************
- For reference, learning & revision
- Over 100 custom made graphics for quick reference and easy learning
- Researched and produced by nautical and marine experts for accuracy
- Positively evaluated by professionals for reliability
The complete Inland Navigation Rules for the United States including Parts A, B, C, D and E, plus Annexes, Interpretative Rules and other associated Navigation Regulations are all included in this app. See details below.
A bonus illustrated section includes emergency procedures for boaters to follow when in difficulty.
Anyone who is responsible for a vessel, from the smallest dinghy to an ocean going freighter, must be able to recognize other vessels around them by day or night, whatever the visibility. They need to be able to quickly interpret what other vessels are doing, who has right of way and what action they should take to prevent a possible collision. This is not always easy, especially along crowded rivers, narrow channels, in harbors or in poor visibility.
NAVIGATION RULES INLAND includes the fully illustrated Rules of the Road - great for quick reference and easy learning.
• Steering & Sailing Rules [ILLUSTRATED]
• Lights & Shapes [ILLUSTRATED]
• Sound & Light Signals [ILLUSTRATED]
NAVIGATION RULES INLAND also includes the complete detailed rules as follows:
* Annex I - Positioning and Technical Details of Lights and Shapes
* Annex II - Additional Signals for Fishing Vessels Fishing in Close Proximity
* Annex III - Technical Details of Sound Appliances
* Annex IV - Distress Signals [ILLUSTRATED]
* Annex V - Pilot Signals
* Interpretive Rules
* COLREGS DEMARCATION LINES - detailed information of the lines of jurisdiction that separate the Inland and International Rules, as indicated on National Ocean Service navigation charts
* Alternative Compliance
* Waters upon which Inland Rules apply
* Vessel Bridge to Bridge Radiotelephone Regulations
* Vessel Traffic Services (VTS) Call Signs, Designated Frequencies, and Monitoring Areas
* Penalty Provisions
************* FREE Bonus Content from "Safe Skipper" *****************************
Safety Afloat Tips & Advice on Emergency Procedures for all Sailors and Leisure Boaters.
* Safety information & practical tips
* Specially created custom graphics: illustrations, photos & diagrams
* Advice on emergency procedures
* Stay safe and prevent accidents happening
* Written & illustrated by a qualified & experienced yachtsman
Includes information on:
* Abandoning ship
* Distress signals
* Engine failure
* Fire fighting
* Getting a tow
* Helicopter rescue
* Holed hull
* MAYDAY procedures
* Medical emergency
* SAR signals
Customer feedback for Safe Skipper:
"Highly recommend this App, get it on your iPhone or iPad today"
"This app is full of really useful info for anyone going to sea (or inland waterways...). It's presented really well, and has some good graphics. Can't believe just how much they've packed in. Recommended."
"A well written and detailed app for yachts & inland craft also quite useful for ocean going vessels - well done."
Special thanks to Captain Richard J. Rodriguez, U.S. Coast Guard licensed Master and Director of Operations at Zenith Maritime for his helpful advice and recommendations.
More from developer
Tag You're It: Zombies is an outdoor active movement game that allows you to test your ability to outrun an actual horde of zombies. The zombies are fast moving, fast thinking creatures played by your friends!
Instead of arguing over "who-touched-who", battles are determined by several random minigames. If you win: you survive…at least for a little longer. If you lose: you join the legion of zombies!
This game requires GPS location and an active data connection. Games last 10 minutes, or until all humans are converted into zombies.
Invite your friends and get started today!