Trail breakdowns contain trail descriptions, milestones, photographs and maps of the best Central Coast hikes.
Also included are trails from Big Sur, Channel Islands, San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles, Atascadero, Templeton, Santa Margarita, San Simeon, Morro Bay, Cayucos, Montana de Oro, Pismo Beach, Arroyo Grande, Santa Maria, Nipomo, Lake Cachuma, Santa Barbara, Ventura and more.
And we're adding more trails from different counties all the time, so check back often for more trail updates.
Here are some of the trails in the first version:
• Aniso Trail
• Ballard Camp
• Big Falls
• Bishop Peak
• Blinn Ranch Trail
• Blue Canyon
• Bob Jones City to Sea Trail
• Cerro Alto
• Cerro Cabrillo
• Cerro San Luis
• Cone Peak
• Coon Creek
• Eagle Rock
• Elfin Forest
• Figueroa Lookout
• Gaviota Overlook
• Gibraltar Reservoir
• Inspiration Point
• Jade Cove
• Jim Green Trail
• Knapp’s Castle
• La Purisima Mission
• Limekiln Creek
• Matilija Creek
• McWay Falls
• Montaña de Oro Bluff Trail
• Montecito Overlook
• Nojoqui Falls
• Oso Flaco Lake
• Pismo Beach Monarch Grove
• Ragged Point Nature Trail
• Salinas River Parkway
• Salmon Creek Falls
• San Carpoforo Creek
• San Simeon Point
• San Ysidro Trail
• Santa Clara Estuary Natural Preserve
• Santa Cruz Island: Cavern Pt.
• Santa Cruz Island: Potato Harbor
• Santa Cruz Island: Smugglers Cove
• Santa Paula Canyon
• Seven Falls
• Turkey Ridge to Blackberry Springs
• Villa Creek
• West Cuesta Ridge
- AMC New England 4,000-footers
- AMC New England Hundred Highest
- AMC New Hampshire 4,000-footers
- Maine 3,500-foot peaks
- New Hampshire 52 with a View
- New Hampshire Fire Towers
- Trailwright New Hampshire 4000 footers
- Northeast 115 Club 4000-footers (Includes New York peaks)
- Vermont State County High Points
- New Hampshire State County High Points
- Maine State County High Points
Powered by "the peak bagging app", you can now bag peaks on these lists, track ascent dates for multiple climbs, logs and notes for each ascent and even create reports for Trail and Peak conditions to share with other users of the app!
Also, at any time you can upgrade to "the peak bagging app" which has access to over 10,000 peaks and 200 climbing lists!
About "the peak bagging app"
the peak bagging app project is an initiative conceived by some outdoor enthusiasts / computer nerds who longed for a better way to track and plan their peak bagging, climbing and mountaineering adventures.
If you are a keen walker, this app is a must!
Open the app, press start and put the phone in your pocket. Mid-term or at the end of the walk you can see all the information you need to know.
This is the only app you need when it comes to Best Hiking Trails.
Do you want to get the latest updates, news, information, videos, photos, events and amazing deals about Best Hiking Trails? Then download this app now!
Have you ever considered hiking? Will it be a day or a weekend, or longer? Whether the length of time you plan for your hiking trip, you will need to choose a hiking trail, and you have a number of different options. Where every you are located, in the United States, you will quite possibly have a number of hiking trails within easy reach of your home.
Discover more about Best Hiking Trails! Download this app and get these amazing features!
- A non- stop, daily stream of latest news.
- Like and comment on articles, images, audio and videos.
- The latest products!
- Read the latest articles and comments.
- Know the latest update
- Be one of the firsts to get the best deals.
- Share news, photos, events, and other news through Twitter, Facebook and e-mail.
* All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners.
Discover and download this Best Hiking Trails app now!
For just $2 more, you can also get "Ultimate Checklist" that includes 47+ occasions including hiking and lot more. Just search for it in the market.
The app does NOT request for any permission. It does NOT need internet connection and there are absolutely NO ads. Your privacy is guaranteed. Comes with FREE lifetime updates.
- Add new items (available as part of menu option)
- Add new categories (available as part of menu option)
- Thumb friendly check/uncheck option
- Hide checked items (available as part of menu option)
- Unhide checked items (available as part of menu option)
- Option to check all (available as part of menu option)
- Option to uncheck all, so you can reuse the list again. (available as part of menu option)
- Rearrange items (available as part of menu option)
- Edit existing items (long press on any item for option to edit)
- Edit existing categories (long press on any category for option to edit)
- Delete existing items (long press on any item for option to delete)
- Delete existing categories (long press on any category for option to delete)
- Indicates the total number of items and the number of items that need to be completed.
- Color coded (green, yellow and red) for a visually appealing presentation
- Reuse the list multiple times.
- Comes pre-populated with lots of items that can save you typing.
Make hiking stress free.
keywords: hiking, hike
Easily track calories, distance, time, route, pace with audio alerts and much more!
★★★★★ -“ Great app! - Simple to use & inspirational throughout workout to push myself to go further each workout”
– Van W.
Log anything from hiking to gym workouts in this all-in-one fitness tracking app.
Track running, walking, cycling, and over 600 types of other activities with:
⊕ Pace (Avg, Max, Current)
⊕ GPS Route Mapping
⊕ Calorie counting
⊕ Elevation profile
⊕ Route navigation
⊕ Nutrition, food, diet, and weight tracking
⊕ Real-time Stats (avg, min, max) during workout
⊕ Voice prompts that give you updates on your progress as you go!
⊕ Compete on local Courses: receive automatic achievements and overall rank on Leaderboards for popular local runs and rides.
⊕ Tracks in the background so you can listen to music, take calls, and use any other feature of your phone, while still tracking
⊕ Post your workouts to Facebook and Twitter, or keep every thing completely private
All of your info syncs securely with your free account on www.MapMyFitness.com.
Perfect for everyone from beginners just trying to lose a few pounds, to experienced fitness pros.
Visit www.MapMyFitness.com to:
⊕ Search the world’s largest database of cycling, running, walking routes.
⊕ Join sponsored challenges and WIN PRIZES (i.e. trips and shoes) just for running.
⊕ Connect with our community of millions of fitness enthusiasts.
⊕ Sync devices like CycleOps Joule, PowerTap, Fitbit, Nike+, Garmin, Polar, Timex, Magellan.
⊕ Turn off wifi before you start, to improve battery life and GPS accuracy.
♬ Play music! This app keeps tracking your run in the background, so you can play Pandora, Spotify, or your favorite music app simultaneously. ♬
⊕ Explore settings, with many great features including auto-pause, audio alert settings and more.
Be sure to visit us at www.MapMyFitness.com for the full experience.
Here’s how it works: After you decide on the trails you’d like to experience you download the trails onto your device (with a network connection) and select them as you do the hike. Everything you need is in each hike package.
1. Highlights and features of the selected hiking trail.
2. Length and difficulty rating of the trail.
3. A detailed description of the trail and what you’ll encounter and experience on the hike.
4. Directions to the trail head or Google directions and map if you so desire and have network connection.
5. A trail map on screen that allows you to follow your progress and see your location in real time via GPS so you can be confident you’re on the trail.
6. There are trail markers for intersections to watch for and pictures of what is ahead on the trail so you don’t miss out on sights that might be slightly off the trail.
We currently have over 71 trails. And many more coming! This is less than 8 cents per trail. A real value!
This really is hiking for everyone.
* Be sure to watch the quick tutorial video before heading for the trail! Now accessible from App About screen.
** Don't forget to enable GPS and select "Turn My Location ON" in the Hike Screen!
More from developer
The Quakes also allows you to search for any earthquakes in the history, by time span, strength, depth and geographical area.
The Quakes displays the result earthquakes using both list view and Google map view.
The Data is provided by USGS