* First of all, Visible patient offers several patient specific 3D modeling. Each visible anatomy is extracted from real but anonymous CT or MRI. User can select among a list of clinical cases the clinical case he wants to discover and manipulate in 3D.
* Secondly, Visible patient allows to rotate, translate, zoom in and out the 3D model of a selected anonymous patient through a classical iPhone interaction with one or two fingers.
* Thirdly, Visible patient allows to have the name of any organ or pathology selected through a double tap with one finger.
Every years, several new clinical cases including pathologies will be added to the initial database.
Whether you want to remove wrinkles, reshape your nose or enhance your lips, this app does it all! You can see effects applied instantly to both the front and side view of your face! Once your virtual cosmetic surgery is complete, you can then save and share the makeover!
Facelift features the following:
-Ability to try effects on model or your own photo
-Crow’s Feet Removal
-Dark Spot Removal
-Sharing via e-mail or ability to save
This app is created by ModiFace, the leading facial visualization company who has developed the makeover apps for Vogue, Restylane, Brides, and Prevention.
Step 1: Paracentesis
Step 2: Gel injection
Step 3: Keratome incision
Step 4: Capsulorhexis
Step 5: Hydrodissection
Step 6: Phacoemulsification
Step 7: Irrigation/Aspiration
Step 8: Gel injection
Step 9: Lens insertion
Step 10: Finishing up
It is important to keep in mind the need to analyze each procedure carefully and to adjust the surgical approach to provide the best for the patient. Images and photos use used to help.
The app Craniotomy, aims to help in the learning of this complex subject on medicine. The content was developed by a team of neurosurgeons that work at Santa Casa de Belo Horizonte - MG - Brazil, members of Neurosurgery Blog and Prof. Sebastião Gusmão da UFMG. The authors: Dr. Lucas Alverne Freitas de Albuquerque, Dr. Júlio Leonardo Barbosa Pereira, Dr. Mauro Cruz Machado Borgo, Prof. Dr. Gervásio Teles Cardoso de Carvalho, Prof Dr. Sebastião Gusmão e Prof. Dr. Atos Alves de Sousa.
Covered subjects on the app:
1. Basic anatomy of the brain surface
2. Basic anantomy of the cranial bones
3. Relationship between bone structures and the central nervous system
4. Craniotomy basic steps
5. Frontal craniotomy
6. Parietal craniotomy
7. Temporal craniotomy
8. Occipital craniotomy
9. Frontobasal (bifrontal) craniotomy
10. Pterional craniotomy (fronto-temporo-sphenoidal)
11. Minipterional craniotomy
12. Fronto-temporo-orbitozygomatic craniotomy
13. Mini-supraorbital craniotomy
14. Lateral supraorbital craniotomy
15. Frontal inter-hemispheric craniotomy
16. Decompressive craniectomy
17. Basic steps in approaches to the posterior fossa
18. Suboccipital craniotomy for the median infratentorial supracerebellar approach
19. Lateral suboccipital craniotomy for the paramedian infratentorial supracerebellar approach
20. Retromastoid craniotomy for the extreme lateral infratentorial supracerebellar approach
21. Paramedian occipital craniotomy for the transtentorial occipital approach
22. Retrosigmoid craniotomy for the cerebellopontine angle approach
23. Presigmoid craniotomy
24. Extreme lateral craniotomy
25. Median suboccipital craniotomy for the transvermian and telovelar approaches
With this application from the worldwide leader in medical animation, you can better understand disease conditions through a virtual tour of the human system in these extremely accurate and incredible animation videos.
•Visual media is particularly well-suited to the science of medicine
•Medicine is simplified with the use of visual media and innovative health animations
•Medical and health information have never been so easily understandable or more accessible
•Effortlessly understand chronic illness and diseases, therapies, procedures or techniques.
•Perceive and understand the cellular world, metabolism, and body functions through incredible animated videos accompanied by audio.
•Created with the expertise and support of internationally reputed opinion leaders
•Easily explain medical conditions to students, colleagues, patients, and family members with the aid of this visual media
• Medical animation explaining CABG (Running time: 3:53 minutes)
• Summary of topic highlights
• Transcript - with links to medical terms for more information
• Notes pages for each of the main sections covered in the video
Focus Medica Clients:
Boehringer International, Roche, MSD, Norgine, Novartis, Nycomed, Sanofi Pasteur, Otsuka, Dr. Reddy’s, Ranbaxy, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd., Wyeth, Janssen-Cilag Pharmaceuticals, Allergan, Schering-Plough, Banyu, Cipla, Glenmark, Zydus, Sanofi-Aventis, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Bayer, Astra-Zeneca, Piramal Healthcare, Wockhardt, Unichem Laboratories Ltd., Lilly, Torrent.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided through these applications are only intended to be informative and should not be construed as a substitute for medical advice.
This off-line version enables you to run case simulations even when you do not have internet access. You will not be able to save your case records, but otherwise the simulation experince with the off-line version is identical to the on-line, web-based version. Frequent practice with this app will improve your response to real medical emergencies.
This convenient and portable app is designed to aide in finding the proper lens for cataract surgery. A way to check your lens choices in the operating room, help choose lenses to order for surgery or get quick detailed information about the most common lenses on the market.
Formulas currently include Hoffer Q, Holladay I, SRK/T, Haigis and Binkhorst II as well as formulas for post-RK and post-Lasik Double K and Shammas.
- Ability to add custom lenses.
- Ability to modify the A-constant, ACD and Surgeon Factor for all lenses for optimization.
- Ability to create a secured or non-secure pdf for patient records that can be printed via google cloud print or emailed with password protection.
- Database of over 70 lens choices from Alcon, Bausch and Lomb, AMO and Staar.
- Gestures used to flip between screens.
- New licensing structure.
- Detailed information about every lens and method available.
- Lens powers calculated to aide in choosing the proper lens.
- Secure personal information for printing patient records.
- Support for custom lens powers and stepping
Besides the conventional calculation of intraocular lenses, contains corneal astigmatism warnings, selection of the refractive target and error detection for uncommon biometrics values.
Includes BICILINDRIC MODE CALCULATION, that performs independent calculus in two corneal axes, reporting the expected refractive results in spherocilindric notation.
Moreover, allows to calculate the corneal refractive power variation in each axis according to the location and diameter of the main incision, and the cylinder refractive change caused by the corneal incision, which is very interesting to prepare surgery and improve the final results in low astigmatism patients.
Simply introduce the incision’s location and it’s diameter, and the software will make a vectorial astigmatism analysis, providing the final astigmatism power and axis, all this added to the intraocular lens calculation.
Shortcut to ULIB web(User Group for Laser Interference Biometry) to check anytime the latest updates in the constants of the most commercially available intraocular lenses.
Please note that the calculations presented by this application are theoretical calculations according to mathematical formulas, only one eye care professional with demonstrated experience is qualified to decide the final power of the intraocular lens implant to be in each surgery.
This application is designed for use in ophthalmic environment (optometrists and ophthalmologists). If you are a patient, please consult your eye care professional.
- First of all, Visible patient offers several patient specific 3D modeling. Each visible anatomy is extracted from real but anonymous CT or MRI. User can select among a list of clinical cases the clinical case he wants to discover and manipulate in 3D.
- Secondly, Visible patient allows to rotate, translate, zoom in and out the 3D model of a selected anonymous patient through a classical iPhone interaction with one or two fingers.
- Thirdly, Visible patient allows to have the name of any organ or pathology selected through a double tap with one finger.
Every years, several new clinical cases including pathologies will be added to the initial database. Now with Visible Patient, new clinical cases arrive directly on your device.
We use a process called Cognitive Task Simulation to break each operation down into fundamental steps and decision-points. The Touch Surgery Simulator teaches you every step and also allows you to test yourself.
Touch Surgery was developed by surgeons, and our content is developed in collaboration with leading surgeons and surgical institutions worldwide to ensure accuracy and surgical validity.
- State-of-the-art 3D engine to create the most realistic environments
- Suitable for trainees and experienced surgeons to learn, practice and rehearse surgery at their convenience before operating on a live patient
- Learn operations in a step-by-step fashion, then test yourself with an "unsupervised" operation.
- Use your personalised performance data that validates your knowledge and gives you feedback about your learning curve
- Build your own library of operations over time.
"...with an effortless swipe of the finger, you slice open the patient's skin. A gentle pinch and the flesh is prised apart to reveal layers of tissue. Another swipe and a pair of scissors descends into view and begins to cut into the muscle. A few more swipes, taps and pinches and, hey presto, you've removed an appendix..." The Guardian
Learn more about us at www.touchsurgery.com
More from developer
*** Easy way of testing of visual acuity, near reading vision, macular function and color vision ***
*** Portable eye charts, near vision reading chart, amsler grid, color testing plates and astigmatic testing chart ***
*** Also available on iPad and iPhone ***
eyeTests can be used by patients to easily monitor their own eye conditions.
It also helps eye care clinicians including general practitioners, ophthalmologists, optometrists, opticians, medical and optometry students in testing and recording visual acuity, color deficiency and macular function.
************* Easy-to-use projector style eye chart *******************
Test your vision using a flexible projector style eye chart.
Easily adjustable viewing distances for distance and near.
Test your eye sight using letters, tumbling E or pictures (for children)
E-mail your results to yourself or to your clinician
************* Monitor Macular function with Amsler Grid **************
Monitor your macular function using a standard Amsler grid.
Draw any abnormalities in your macular vision on the grid using your finger.
E-mail your Amsler grid pictures to yourself or to your clinician.
************* Color vision test *********************
Test your color vision with pseudoisochromatic color deficiency test.
Free hand drawing on to color plates to outline what you see.
E-mail or print any abnormalities to your clinician.
************* Near vision reading test **************
Tests your ability to read texts close up. Good for vision screening for kids and for testing presbyopia. Tests near vision acuity from N18 up to N5.
** Additional tools
For clinicians, you can maintain children fixation with high contrast cartoon images.
********** Want an easy way to store eye test results? ********
Please look for ***eyePatients*** App in App Store, it is the most easy-to-use system for managing clinical data relating to eye health.
Do you want to keep a record of your own eye health? Look for *** eyeDiary*** on App Store. It is great for keeping eye health information for patients and also includes a free eye drops reminder!
Note eyeTests is not a substitute for full ophthalmic examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist.
Please visit my blog http://georgekongsoftwares.weebly.com/ for latest information and tips on how to use this App.
Key words: eye test, eye exam, eye chart, ophthalmology, optometry, macular, glasses, vision, glaucoma, cataract, diabetes, retina, stroke
eyeTests is Copyright© 2011 by Dr Yu Xiang George Kong MBBS BMedSci PhD
*** Also available for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad from AppStore ***
- One of the challenging parts of a cataract surgery is capsulorhexis - a maneuver of tearing a round opening in the thin membrane overlying the native lens known as the capsule. In this app, you can tear the membrane flap with your finger to form a perfectly round opening for starting cataract surgery.
- The aim of the game is the prevent the membrane from tearing out to the side, while maintaining a round tear path.
***** Phacoemulsification of Lens *****
- An important part of cataract surgery is ultrasound phacoemulsification of lens (phaco). In this app you use your fingers to control a virtual ultrasound probe to phaco a lens.
- You can control the position and angle of the probe by sliding your fingers
- The aim is to phaco the lens into quadrants by following the guidelines and rotating the lens. Watch out not to puncture the posterior capsule or catch the anterior capsule rhexis edge!
*** Rhexis ***
- You get a score on how closely you reach the target
- Time your procedure
- Adjust the size of the pupil and density of the lens to increase the challenge
- Adjust how spherical your lens is (affects how easily the tear goes out)
- Tear the rhexis clockwise or anticlockwise
- Save images of your rhexis for emailing to your friends
*** Phaco ***
* Use fingers to control phaco probe to phaco a lens into quadrants
* Adjustable lens density
* Adjustable capsulorhexis size
* Save image of your phaco end result for email to your friends
* Time your phaco procedure
*** Note this app is a virtual reality simulator/game - it is not intended for cataract surgery training. ***
Please visit my blog http://donkeykong-george.blogspot.com/ for latest information and tips on updates for this game.
cataractDroid App is Copyright© 2011 by Dr Yu Xiang George Kong MBBS BMedSci