As every clinician knows, decision making is the trickiest part of medicine.
Everyone expects you to make 'perfect' decisions - but even after years of medical training and clinical experience, it is often not easy to figure out what the right decision might be.
“Clinical Sense” consists of a series of scenarios which put your clinical judgement to the test, challenging you to decide between options that are seemingly similar, but ever so different in consequences.
Are you astute enough to make the right call over and over again? Are you tactful enough to work yourself out of the tricky spots you get yourself into owing to that SINGLE “not so correct” decision you've made?
Use “Clinical Sense” to brush up your clinical acumen in those short yet invaluable pockets of time in your busy schedule!
Each scenario is short enough to be completed within a couple of minutes, but at the same time provides insight into key aspects of the clinical approach.
Experienced MDs can expect a great refresher; residents and medical students will have the opportunity to improve their clinical decision making skills.
Behind the seemingly simple cartoon images lies a highly credible medical resource. Each scenario is referenced against contemporary medical literature, and follows current management guidelines.
New scenarios are added on a regular basis, and can downloaded without updating the app!
By The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
The Simulation Summit 2014 mobile app enhances and amplifies the value you get from the 2014 Simulation Summit. The Royal College's 2014 Simulation Summit invites health care professionals to experience and share in the latest innovations in simulation-focused learning opportunities.
Through this app, you can:
• Review the program schedule by day
• Plan your personal program of events
• View all conference abstracts
• Complete evaluation surveys for every session
• Locate each room using floor maps for venues
• Receive official conference updates
• Check plenary speaker bios and lecture topics
• Enter conference notes and contact information
• Read complete sponsor and exhibitor information
• and much more …
The Simulation Summit provides practical educational activities using the latest tools, tips and research to enhance the integration of simulation into multi-professional health care environments. The program promotes scholarly based research of simulation standards in real-world applications and encourages participation from all health care professionals. Maximize your time using the Simulation Summit 2014 mobile app.
We use a process called Cognitive Task Simulation to break each operation down into fundamental steps and decision-points. This creates the most interactive and efficient medical operation education and rehearsal experience possible. The Touch Surgery Simulator teaches you every step and also allows you to test yourself.
Touch Surgery was developed by surgeons, and our simulation content is developed in collaboration with leading surgeons and surgical institutions worldwide to ensure accuracy and medical validity.
- A state-of-the-art 3D engine creating the most realistic simulation environments
- The most convenient way medical, students, trainees and experienced surgeons to learn, practice and rehearse surgery at their convenience before operating on a live patient
- A step-by-step interactive learning system with the ability to test yourself with an "unsupervised" operation.
- Personalised performance data that validates your knowledge and gives you feedback about your learning curve
- Customisable operation libraries with you favourite procedures
-The ability to track your test performance and progress based on surgical specialty.
-My Stream, a customised feed of medical news and journal articles
"...with an effortless swipe of the finger, you slice open the patient's skin. A gentle pinch and the flesh is prised apart to reveal layers of tissue. Another swipe and a pair of scissors descends into view and begins to cut into the muscle. A few more swipes, taps and pinches and, hey presto, you've removed an appendix..." The Guardian
Learn more about us at www.touchsurgery.com
***This app is for professional use only, if you are not an eye care professional, please DO NOT install it.***
The LOCS III contains an expanded set of standards that were selected from the Longitudinal Study of Cataract slide library at the Center for Clinical Cataract Research, Boston, Mass. It consists of six slit-lamp images for grading nuclear color (NC) and nuclear opalescence (NO), five retroillumination images for grading cortical cataract (C), and five retroillumination images for grading posterior subcapsular (P) cataract.
App designed for use in ophthalmic practice only. If you are a patient, ask your eye care professional.
This off-line version enables you to run case simulations even when you do not have internet access. You will not be able to save your case records, but otherwise the simulation experince with the off-line version is identical to the on-line, web-based version. Frequent practice with this app will improve your response to real medical emergencies.
We hope you will find this app very informative and useful. If you like it please do share it with your friends and family. Application does not overload you with complicated medical terminology, the language is clear and does not require any proficiency.
❤❤❤❤❤ Content & Features ❤❤❤❤❤
• how to prevent yourself from cataracts
• definition , description of disease and symptoms sign
• what are the causes of cataracts and risk factors
• preparing for your appointment
• tests and diagnosis
• treatments and prevention
• lifestyle and home remedies
• internal medical disorders
• congenital and inherited disorders
• infectious diseases and organisms
• drugs and medication for cataracts
• easy to read and download & beautiful full screen slideshows
• table of Contents can be used for easy access.
• search option is available for quick search of the topic.
• friendly and easy to use.
• simple uses and indications.
• easy to study, no need to install or keep updating local databases
• important from examination point of view.
• add to favorite option is added.
• always new content will come in regular updates
• internet connection is not required in order to use this app
• 100% Free!!! anyway, this is a great worth app for your heath
What to handle your heath from now on? Download this App now and learn from it for you loved. Help to keep away from cataracts in your family! Just download it and learn from it! Enjoy! ^_^
❤❤❤❤❤ ATTENTION ❤❤❤❤❤
This app contains cataracts diseases information for knowledge if you need to apply then please contact to nearby doctor. Useful information but is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or the emergency services. Before acting on any of the information in this application, consult with your doctor to make sure that it is right for you.
Information of the diseases, contained in this application, are not intended for medical treatment without a doctor and can be used for information purposes only. This app cannot and should not replace a pharmacist or a doctor consultation. App content is only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual usage of any of the information in this app.
❤❤❤❤❤ App Developer Note ❤❤❤❤❤
Please Rate it 5 Star for our application and feel free to email us about any comments or suggestions for future improvement. In case you face any problems do send us an email with information about your phone model, and the exact problem, and we'll try to fix it immediately.
Access the latest issue of OCULAR SURGERY NEWS Europe Edition 10 times per year in an easy to read format. A unique feature of this mobile application is that the content and functionality is designed for the Android™ platform which will give you a more satisfying reading experience.
Use your current Healio.com/Ophthalmology log in to access the app or easily register at Healio.com or on your mobile device.
Android™ platform is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Created and published by SLACK Incorporated, A Wyanoke Group Company, 6900 Grove Road, Thorofare, NJ 08086 USA. Copyright @2013. All rights reserved.
Articles are intended for informational purposes only and should not be used as the basis of patient treatment. All opinions expressed by the authors and quoted sources are their own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editors, publisher or editorial boards of SLACK Incorporated. The acceptance of advertising in no way implies endorsement by the editors, publisher or editorial boards of SLACK Incorporated.
In fact, we've been serving the Metro East and Southern Illinois for more than 30 years. Today, we have more than 15 locations throughout Southern Illinois. Our practice is owned and operated by Medical Doctor Ophthalmologists who live in Illinois. And, we're dedicated to leading the way with the latest advancements for helping people see clearly. For example, we were the first in the area with micro incision, no stitch cataract surgery and laser vision correction. And we continue to lead the way, being the first in the St. Louis Metro Area with LenSx, laser assisted cataract surgery, and the FS 200/Wavelight laser for advanced bladeless Lasik.
Illinois Eye Surgeons is also proud to be the Preferred Eyecare Providers for SIUE Cougar Athletics and the Gateway Grizzlies.
1) Not all Toric Interocular lenses are available in all countries. Please contact your country/region representative to get details of availability
2) Not approved by the US FDA
3) For help with the application and various constants our country/region representative.
*** Easy way of testing of visual acuity, near reading vision, macular function and color vision ***
*** Portable eye charts, near vision reading chart, amsler grid, color testing plates and astigmatic testing chart ***
*** Also available on iPad and iPhone ***
eyeTests can be used by patients to easily monitor their own eye conditions.
It also helps eye care clinicians including general practitioners, ophthalmologists, optometrists, opticians, medical and optometry students in testing and recording visual acuity, color deficiency and macular function.
************* Easy-to-use projector style eye chart *******************
Test your vision using a flexible projector style eye chart.
Easily adjustable viewing distances for distance and near.
Test your eye sight using letters, tumbling E or pictures (for children)
E-mail your results to yourself or to your clinician
************* Monitor Macular function with Amsler Grid **************
Monitor your macular function using a standard Amsler grid.
Draw any abnormalities in your macular vision on the grid using your finger.
E-mail your Amsler grid pictures to yourself or to your clinician.
************* Color vision test *********************
Test your color vision with pseudoisochromatic color deficiency test.
Free hand drawing on to color plates to outline what you see.
E-mail or print any abnormalities to your clinician.
************* Near vision reading test **************
Tests your ability to read texts close up. Good for vision screening for kids and for testing presbyopia. Tests near vision acuity from N18 up to N5.
** Additional tools
For clinicians, you can maintain children fixation with high contrast cartoon images.
********** Want an easy way to store eye test results? ********
Please look for ***eyePatients*** App in App Store, it is the most easy-to-use system for managing clinical data relating to eye health.
Do you want to keep a record of your own eye health? Look for *** eyeDiary*** on App Store. It is great for keeping eye health information for patients and also includes a free eye drops reminder!
Note eyeTests is not a substitute for full ophthalmic examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist.
Please visit my blog http://georgekongsoftwares.weebly.com/ for latest information and tips on how to use this App.
Key words: eye test, eye exam, eye chart, ophthalmology, optometry, macular, glasses, vision, glaucoma, cataract, diabetes, retina, stroke
eyeTests is Copyright© 2011 by Dr Yu Xiang George Kong MBBS BMedSci PhD
*** Also available for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad from AppStore ***
- One of the challenging parts of a cataract surgery is capsulorhexis - a maneuver of tearing a round opening in the thin membrane overlying the native lens known as the capsule. In this app, you can tear the membrane flap with your finger to form a perfectly round opening for starting cataract surgery.
- The aim of the game is the prevent the membrane from tearing out to the side, while maintaining a round tear path.
***** Phacoemulsification of Lens *****
- An important part of cataract surgery is ultrasound phacoemulsification of lens (phaco). In this app you use your fingers to control a virtual ultrasound probe to phaco a lens.
- You can control the position and angle of the probe by sliding your fingers
- The aim is to phaco the lens into quadrants by following the guidelines and rotating the lens. Watch out not to puncture the posterior capsule or catch the anterior capsule rhexis edge!
*** Rhexis ***
- You get a score on how closely you reach the target
- Time your procedure
- Adjust the size of the pupil and density of the lens to increase the challenge
- Adjust how spherical your lens is (affects how easily the tear goes out)
- Tear the rhexis clockwise or anticlockwise
- Save images of your rhexis for emailing to your friends
*** Phaco ***
* Use fingers to control phaco probe to phaco a lens into quadrants
* Adjustable lens density
* Adjustable capsulorhexis size
* Save image of your phaco end result for email to your friends
* Time your phaco procedure
*** Note this app is a virtual reality simulator/game - it is not intended for cataract surgery training. ***
Please visit my blog http://donkeykong-george.blogspot.com/ for latest information and tips on updates for this game.
cataractDroid App is Copyright© 2011 by Dr Yu Xiang George Kong MBBS BMedSci