The Translator is an app which provides translations between the following 22 languages:
English, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Arabic, French, Hindi, Portuguese, Indonesian, Japanese, German, Italian, Turkish, Korean, Polish, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Thai and Vietnamese.
How to use:
1) Set up your input and output languages
2) Enter the words
a. Via Text Input
- enter text in the input box
- press the "Translate" button
- if you want to hear the words being read out, just hit the "Read" button
b. Via Voice
- press the "Microphone" button
- speak out the words to be translated
- the translation will be in the output box and the words read out automatically
3) Press the "Swap" button if you intend to swap between the input and output languages.
The App requires Internet connection and for the Text-to-Speech (TTS) to work, the required TTS languages must be installed on your phone. For best results, make sure you have Google Text-to-speech installed in your phone (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.tts), go to Settings > Language and Input > Text-to-speech and select Google Text-to-speech engine as your preferred TTS engine.
4) Select the translated text to share it on your messaging application (i.e. SMS, WhatsApp) or save it.
Some phone models may require changes to the permission settings in order for the speech recognition to work. If you face any problem running the app, just drop us a message and provide your phone brand/model. We'll be glad to assist.