Filter stories by
• Ask/Show HN
• Today, Yesterday & Week's best stories
• Share stories and comments
• Articles are presented in a readable mode using readability.
• Options to open other links in built in or external browser
• Poll result as a bar chart
• Tap on the "Time ago" in the comment to collapse the comment and replies
• User's HN profile (Tap on user id)
• Option to collapse comment, and thread
• Swipe down to refresh top stories
Found a bug, got stuck, have a suggestion? Drop me an email at email@example.com
Follow me on:
Twitter - http://twitter.com/premii
• Post comments
• View Hacker News stories and comments, beautifully laid out
• Also view articles in ViewText, Google, or your system browser (you can set each as default)
• Upvote stories (long-press on story) and comments (long-press on comment).
• Collapse and expand comments by tapping on them
• Choose from 3 text sizes
• Switch between stories and comments with one tap
• View "more" stories than only the HN frontpage
• Share the article's URL to your installed apps (Instapaper, Pocket, Twitter,...)
• See which articles you have already visited
Please report any issues to me via Twitter (@manuelmaly) or via mail (link is below).
Get the source code here: https://github.com/manmal/hn-android/
- Search capability
- Tablet support
- Folding comment threads
- Share articles and comments easily
- Submit new stories
- High contrast for ease of reading
- Light and dark themes
- Control text size
Best of all; it's open source! We welcome pull requests. Check it out at https://github.com/bishopmatthew/HackerNews
Submit issues through GitHub, and we'll respond with timeframes for features and fixes.
If you like the app, please consider Matthew Bishop if you're looking for an Android developer (for freelance or hire)! Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
** Hacker News Android has been open sourced **
The app supports features such as:
- Browse Top Articles, New Articles and Ask Hacker News.
- Read article, comment and vote.
- Infinite scrolling.
- Collapsible threads.
- Share articles to Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Night Mode
DISCLAIMER: This app is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Y Combinator.
The Hacker News (THN) is a privately owned Indian company based out of New Delhi, India and has been providing training and knowledge-based solutions since October 2011.
Originally founded in November 2010 by Mohit Kumar, The Hacker News has been internationally recognized as a leading news source dedicated to promoting awareness for security experts and hackers. Supported and endorsed by administrators and members of various underground hacking groups and communities worldwide, The Hacker News (THN) has become a worldwide leader in information security.
With the need for information security solutions becoming more critical, The Hacker News (THN) has compiled a team of experts to bring you the best in information security training. We are proud to offer premier information security consultation and training services across the globe. Our mission is to make the internet more secure, more aware and more reliable.
Our team is comprised of a group of technologists who are dedicated to making the internet more secure. Since almost every organization in the modern world is connected to the internet in some way, steps must be taken to ensure that their networks remain safe and secure.
At The Hacker News (THN), We pride ourselves in becoming a center of excellence in learning. Our industry experts and faculty are dedicated to guiding and inspiring our students to achieve their goals as service professionals.
All of our instructors are experts in their field and maintain respected reputations within the security community. Many of our instructors run successful companies, websites and defense teams. With hundreds of actual penetration test assessments logged in secured environments, you can be assured that our faculty understands the intricacies and challenges of hacking highly secured networks. Superior quality securing training classes are our priority.
The Hacker News (THN) offers a wide variety of services that include penetrating testing, network vulnerability assessments, security training and vulnerability assessment product installation. Our company’s goal is to help and assist our customers in becoming security conscious.
With The Hacker News’s extensive experience and being recognized as a global leader in the field of information security, you can be assured that you’re in the right hands.
● Automatic Article Update.
● New Article Update Notification.
● Access to Blog with one click.
● Add Home Screen Widget of the Hacker News Application.
● Best Hacking News from the world wide news source.
● Mark Your Favorited Post and News and Stared Article and access it easily.
● Option to View articles in List or Grid View.
Email Author: email@example.com
Email Developer : firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/thehackernews
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/hackintech
Website : http://thehackernews.com
Website : http://hackingtech.in
Click on the Videos or More tab to see links to latest videos relevant to the subject linked from around the web and latest blog feeds also relevant to the subject in hand.
- Updates you with latest hacking news for ethical hackers
- Provides you free tutorials including ebooks and online courses
- User friendly and fast
- Full information on Tech
- Let's you to share news and tutorials to your friends
- Includes Push Notification to keep you update on latest events
Follow LatestHackingNews :
Facebook : http://on.fb.me/1lI4Srg
Twitter : http://bit.ly/1I0vMov
Google + : http://bit.ly/1rnv9bX
YouTube : http://bit.ly/1QO0iEp
For more details : http://bit.ly/1rQJPza
We never track your details or data from your mobile. In our tutorials we only EVER hack our own systems as a proof of concept and never engage in any black hat activity.
We get numerous emails on a daily basis asking us to do any of the following:
1.) Hack your friends Facebook/E-mail account
2.) Provide keys to copyright software
3.) Hack someones' website
If your email falls into any of the above categories we will not help you.
With this app, you can:
- Browse the Top, New, and Ask HackerNews sections.
- Read articles and comments.
- Infinite scrolling
- Easy sharing of articles to Facebook, Twitter, Pocket etc.
- Beautiful Holo UI that even works well on tablets.
- Commenting and submitting
• Filter stories by home, top (powered by Algolia), new, show, ask or jobs
• Multiple account logins
• Submit your own links or original content
• Share stories from and to other apps
• Upvote, downvote and comment on stories
• Collapsible comments
• Color coded comment threads
• Night & AMOLED modes
• Read articles in readability
• Search posts (powered by Algolia)
Logging in to the Hacker News website after logging in to Yarn will invalidate your login on Yarn. This is because Yarn stores your login cookie, instead of your password, which Hacker News invalidates when you log in via their website
For news, updates and access to the beta, join the Google Plus community at https://plus.google.com/communities/113925577732023099124
Yarn for Hacker News is an unofficial app. Hacker News and the Hacker News logo, trademark and trade dress are registered trademarks owned by Y Combinator.
* Full Hacker News reading experience with dedicated sections for top stories, newest, show HN, ask HN and jobs
* Search for any stories on Hacker News (powered by Algolia)
* Save, share and export stories
* Modern material design, fast and simple browsing of articles and comments
* Two-pane reading layout for tablet users
* Wide-range support for Android devices
Flexible reading experience:
* Multiple themes supported, adjustable font size
* Navigate comments and replies in a single page/through multiple pages
* View articles with your browser of choice
The project is hosted at https://github.com/hidroh/materialistic
This project makes use of public API provided by Hacker News at https://github.com/HackerNews/API
All articles and comments in the app are displayed as is, provided by Hacker News, and not owned by the publisher of this app.
Feel free to give feedback and/or contribute to this app.
* Clean UI utilizing Material Design
* Night Mode
* Link and Comments in same view
* Comment Collapsing
* Ability to open hacker news links in the application
source here: https://github.com/dinosaurwithakatana/hacker-news-android
You can file issues on the github page, contributions are always welcome!
Comment count issue:
This is due to hacker news sending back the total parent comment count through their API, this is a technical limitation from their end. The true comment count is shown when you drill into a story. Sorry about this!
Note: In March 2013 I redesigned how the app works internally to fix the problems mentioned in user comments around that time. Thanks to all who offered their help. - Corey Trager
★ Top Stories
★ New Stories
★ Best Stories
★ Show HN
★ Ask HN
Bookmark all your favourite stories from Hacker News and keep them as long as you want!
This app is open source! Contribute by following the website link below.
INTERNET - Automated crash reporting and fetching data from Hacker News
- See a chronological list of items that made it to the front page (a la hckrnews.com)
- See the top posts of the past day, week, month, year, and all time
- Color-coded comments thread so you don't lose your place
- Collapse comments to save screen space
- Search posts and sort by points, relevance, number of comments, date
- Display points for comments
- View articles within the app reformatted for optimal mobile reading experience
- Easily see which posts you've already read
- UI optimized for both phones and tablets
Check it out on GitHub: https://github.com/zacharydenton/hackernews
- View the 'Top Stories' currently trending on the hacker news site.
- Bookmark stories and easily access these bookmarks to read stories later.
- View Comments for each story (nested comments supported)
- Full website supports with all media types (videos, audio etc)
- PDF support for stories consisting of a PDF document
- View user story lists
- Easily open the selected story in an external browser
Feel free to email me suggestions at email@example.com
Follow me on twitter / instagram / Facebook @hitherejoe
The app allows you to create your own itinerary and view vineyards on the map. The app pulls vineyard reviews, facebook and twitter feeds for each vineyard and allows easy to use navigation to quickly find and locate a vineyard that you would like to travel to.