OBD Now, in conjunction with an ELM327 chipped scan tool (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi), transforms your Android phone or tablet into a complete OBDII diagnostic tool.
OBD Now is designed to report on all the OBDII Services of the OBDII specification in a minimal amount of time. An experienced operator can quickly connect to each vehicle as presented.
OBD Now’s simple menu driven structure guides the operator through all the OBDII services. Within a minute or two of connecting with OBD Now, an operator can quickly determine if a vehicle is running normally or has faults that require further investigation.
OBD Now supports all OBDII services $01 through $0A as specified by SAE J1979 and ISO 15031-5.
• 01 – Current Power train Diagnostic Data.
• 02 – Power train Freeze Frame Data.
• 03 – Emission-Related Diagnostic Trouble Codes.
• 04 – Clear/Reset Emission-Related Diagnostic Information.
• 05 – Oxygen Sensor Monitoring Test Results.
• 06 – On-Board Monitoring Test Results for specific monitored systems.
• 07 – Emission-related Diagnostic Trouble Codes detected during the last drive cycle.
• 08 – Control of On-Board System components.
• 09 – Vehicle Information.
• 0A – Permanent Diagnostic Trouble Codes
Supports the following features:
• Real-time digital display of up to 162 Pids of power train data.
• Real-time display of 24 custom analogue dashboard gauges.
• Real-time display of 20 custom analogue fuel dashboard gauges including Instantaneous and Average Fuel Consumption
• Real-time graphing of Pids.
• Automatically supports all vehicle protocols including J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW, ISO 9141, ISO 14230, and ISO 15765 (CAN).
• Display of Vehicle readiness - Continuous and non-continuous monitoring and monitor status of MIL lamp and detected Diagnostics Trouble Codes.
• Display of Freezeframe pid data as stored in the vehicle’s ECU.
• Display of stored, pending and permanent Diagnostic Trouble Codes.
• Clearing/Resetting engine MIL light.
• Display of Oxygen sensor data.
• Display of On Board monitoring of non-continuous tests.
• Display of vehicle information including VIN number.
• Logging of both diagnostic data and real-time data.
• Displays Pid data in either Metric or Imperial units
• Pid Sensor information can be individually selected or deselected.
• Display of vehicle’s OBD compliance, protocol and scan tool interface and version.
• Sensors display - current, minimum, maximum and average values.
• Additional alternate multi-row card view type display, without having to rotate the screen for minimum, maximum and average Pid values.
• Connection support for either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi scan tools.
• Summary display of vehicle’s supported services.
• Connection window displays real-time hexadecimal data for those conversant with SAE J1979 or ISO 15031-5.
• Incremental adjustment of Elm 327 timeout value to maximize sensor response speed.
• Three settings for Elm Adaptive Timing.
• Fully incorporated help manual of our easy to read OBD Now User Guide.
• Playback module.
• Fully featured evaluation version, limited to 3 days of operation by an evaluation license automatically issued by our server.
OBD Now contains a comprehensive 60+ page User Guide. It can also be viewed from the following link https://www.glmsoftware.com/documentation/OBDNowUserGuide.pdf.
Supported scan tools:
We recommend any of the following scan tools OBDLink Bluetooth MX and MX+ or LX, OBDLink MX Wi-Fi, OBDPros Bluetooth/Wi-Fi, OBDKey Bluetooth/Wi-Fi, Kiwi 3, Kiwi 2 or any genuine ELM327 chipped scan tool, version 1.3a and above. Please see our User Guide for a detailed discussion re problems associated with using cheap "Clone" scan tools.