• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
You can choose a county or state within the US (or the entire US) and it will display a list of all of the current weather alerts.
This application is not officially authorized by the National Weather Service, it merely makes use of the information they provide via their public data APIs.
You can choose a county or state within the US (or the entire US) and it will display a list of all of the current weather alerts for that area on the widget. If there's more than fits, the list scrolls, and you can tap on an alert to open the full text of the alert. There is an accompanying app which can be used to configure what area you want and shows the raw feed data if you're really curious (though that part was mostly there for debugging, and might go away one of these days now that it all works). It does not currently do audible alerts (or any alerts), but that's probably coming soon.
I created this because I wanted a tablet on the wall in my kitchen to display weather alerts on the screen, and for all the plethora of weather apps out there, I couldn't find one that showed anything more than a (!) icon on their widgets for alerts, and you had to click through to find out what they were. Some of them would put the alerts into the notification bar, but that wasn't much better. So this one displays a list of the current alerts right on the widget, and that is the only purpose of the widget.
This application is open source. To report bugs, request new features, or If you'd like to help make it better, please visit the project page on GitHub at http://justdave.github.io/nwsweatheralertswidget/
This application is not officially authorized by the National Weather Service, it merely makes use of the information they provide via their public data APIs.
The full changelog can be found at https://github.com/justdave/nwsweatheralertswidget/releases
Our main algorithm is based on real-time calculations of radar images of selected country and runs on our servers.
That give us ability to predict direction and speed of surrounding precipitation for a proximately 2 hours ahead.
This application is especially suitable when you are having outdoor activities like hiking, skiing, motorcycling, biking, ... or it can remind you, that you have to move your car in a safe place when a hail is coming towards you.
Currently available for:
More countries coming soon!
The main advantage of this application is in REAL-TIME
- reading direction,
- strength and
of an incoming precipitation.
That means, that it does not warn you in situations when precipitation cell is near you, but it is not coming towards you. It can also show you estimated time of precipitation cell arrival.
Application runs in a background and when it detects possibility of precipitation, it displays an icon in a top left corner of your mobile device. The icon represents the strength of an incoming precipitation.
The majority of calculations is done on our servers. That is why Weather Alarm is a battery friendly application.
Currently available for following countries:
Slovenia, Croatia, parts of Italy, parts of Austria, USA, S parts of Canada
Information that are shown to the user:
- is there a danger of an incoming precipitation
- number of precipitation cells
- Strength of the closest cells
- distance of the closest cell
- Estimated time of arrival of the closest cell
For detailed view of situation above you, you can check graphics presentation of your location and precipitation cells around you.
Settings in Weather Alarm application:
- Enable silent alarm - this function disables sound
- Enable vibration
- Chose sound - you can chose custom alarm type
- Chose your closest radar image - you can chose preferred rainfall radar image
snow, rain, hail, storm, rainfall, motorcycle, travel, water, weather, forecast, usa, slovenija, toča, nevihta, vreme, sneg, sprehodi, kolo, motor, narava, nature, Hrvatska, vrijeme, tornado, hurricane, precipitation, Austria, cloud, , wind, drop
Be OnGuard... Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
OnGuard Weather Alerts monitors the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) active weather alerts for advisories, watches, and warnings for your location (Within the Continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
When an alert is detected for your current location or any of your static location entries, an appropriate audible, sensory (vibrate), and visual alert will be generated depending on the severity of the NOAA alert type (Advisory, Watch, or Warning).
Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
- NO Signups, NO Websites, NO text messages, and NO ads! This application runs entirely on your Android device as a background service and pulls alerts directly from the source (NOAA).
- NOAA provides advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
- Dynamic Location Support (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination).
- Dynamic Location feature is on/off configurable.
- Static Location Support (unlimited # of entries).
- Audible, Sensory (vibrate), and Visual alerts (Configurable).
- User customizable alert sounds.
- Insistent Alert Support (off/on configurable) for Warning level events (ie. Audible, Sensory, and Visual alerts will repeat until acknowledged).
- Filtering of Alerts by category. *NEW* (in the 06/03/2011 release).
- Configurable Notification Levels (Warnings Only, Watches & Warnings, Advisories & Watches & Warnings).
- Configurable interval for checking for alerts.
- "Check Now" Button for manual or instant checks.
- Easily stop the service by simple unchecking a box in the preferences.
- Link to context sensitive tips from FEMA detailing information about what to do before, during, and after certain events. (In the main menu - full list of events, In the alert detail menu - contect specific information).
- Link to the "Red Cross Safe & Well Check In" site (This is the site to report that you are OK after a disaster or to locate a loved one that was in a disaster).
- Radar & Weather Radio Mode currently work, we are waiting for tablet integration before release.
- Various other improvements to existing functionality.
Q: Is OnGuard hard on my battery?
A: No. The application minimizes the amount of power required by allowing the user to control whether Dynamic Location is enabled. Even with this feature enabled, the app only requests Dynamic Location updates at the same interval as your alert polling interval.
Q: How much data is used?
A: Not much at all. It varies based upon the number of active weather publications and how frequently you configure the application to check for updates. Each time the app checks for new NOAA publications a 2k (kilobyte) data packet is retrieved via the Internet for each location configured in your preferences. Using the default app settings, approximately 200k (kilobytes) per day or 6M (megabytes) per month of data is used. This is a very small amount given the allowances of most provider's data plans.
Tip: If data usage is a concern, consider disabling the background service and using the Check Now feature instead.
Q. I am getting alerts for an incorrect location.
A. If you are using "Dynamic Location", sometimes the cell network location (used when GPS is unavailable) will return an incorrect location. This is cell tower issue and is outside our control. Please obtain a GPS fix or use a static location entry.
Q. I am having an issue after updating, what should I do?
A. If you are experiencing any issues after an update, please uninstall and re-install the application.
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With free push notifications for weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires. Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 33,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Hazard Reports allow users to share dangerous road conditions in their area
- Share severe alerts with your friends and family
- Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
- New widgets: 1x1 and 2x2!
- Choose Light or Dark mode
- Customize your experience by sliding the weather information up and down
- Switch between Best Forecast™ & NWS Forecast
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
App has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weathre archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
This app provides forecasts, animated radar, hourly forecast, and current conditions, all in an intuitive and easy to use interface. Just the information you need, provided accurately, quickly, and for your exact location.
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
This app uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, this app uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. This app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
This app requires your location to provide you with the most accurate weather. This is fundamental to how the app works. You can still add manual locations as well if you prefer.
This permission is required by Google Maps so that it can cache map tiles for faster loading. It sounds like the app is doing something with your photos or media, but it is not. The permission means that the app has permission to access your files (which includes photos and media), but does not mean they are actually being accessed. It is a subtle but important distinction. Contact me if you have further questions about this.
These are the non-simplified permissions as listed in the Android manifest:
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" (location access listed above)
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" (check for network connection)
android.permission.INTERNET" (download weather)
android.permission.VIBRATE" (for zoom feedback on old radar)
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" (this is Photos/Media/Files listed above)
com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES" (required by google maps)
FAQ (Frequently asked questions):
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or problems.
This is the ad supported free version of NOAA Weather. You are also limited to 3 saved locations. Upgrade to remove ads and this restriction.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
Beta Channel (for newest features)
★ The Most Live and Hourly Forecasts
Just Some of Our Top Features:
✓ AUTOMATIC Station Updates
✓ Huge Selection of NOAA Radio Stations
✓ 180+ Stations Being Broadcasted
✓ Background Playing Audio Support
✓ High-Res Retina Display Graphics
✓ Clean and Professional Design
✓ One Time Purchase for Life
Don't get caught without a weather radio. When severe weather strikes this information is priceless.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the NOAA brand or organization. This application should not be used in life or death situations. These streams can be delayed depending on network traffic and connection speed. In the event of a real emergency please use local TV stations or a local NOAA weather radio. Some city listings may use NOAA broadcasts that are from surrounding cities. Do not rely on the broadcasts from this application for life or death decisions.
Not only are NOAA forecasts the most accurate, they provide unique point forecasts for every square mile which take into consideration all the variables affecting the weather at that point, such as altitude. This is especially useful in locations with highly dynamic weather patterns and is a great tool for being outdoors.
-View forecast & current conditions for your current location.
-View forecast & current conditions for any location in the United States by map.
-Save favorite locations to quickly retrieve forecasts for them.
-Animated radar & static infrared & visible imagery over Google Maps
-Hazardous weather alerts
-Current conditions notification
-Home screen widget
-Optimized for tablets
-Android Wear support
-Lightweight and does not run in the background.
An ad-free version of this app is also available:
Unofficial NOAA Weather+
Please e-mail me below with any bug reports or features requests. Thanks!
The application features the following:
- Many widgets in different sizes (4x1, 4x2, 4x3 and 5x2)
- Resizable widgets
- Several widget skins to choose from
- Different weather icon skins
- Different fonts for the time
- Display the next alarm, next calendar event and week number on the widget (optional)
- 8 widget hotspots (most of them can be user defined to launch specific applications)
- Display available internal and external storage, free memory and WiFi or 3G state (optional)
- Automatic location (from cell/wifi or GPS) or manual
- Automatic weather update interval (15 min, 30 min, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8 hours) or manual
- Detailed weather forecast display that includes the following:
- Local time (for current location)
- Sunrise and sunset time for current location
- Humidity and wind conditions
- Current condition, temperature, low and high temperatures
- Last weather update time
- 4 day weather forecast
- Background according to the weather condition and day/night
- Optional display of the current moon phase
- World weather: Choose to display weather information for any number of different locations worldwide
The application is localized in the following languages:
Afrikaans, العربية, български, Català, 中文 (简体), 中文 (繁體), Hrvatski, Čeština, Dansk, Nederlands, Suomi, Français, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, עברית, Magyar, Bahasa Indonesia, Italiano, 한국어, Lietuvių, Polski, Português (Brazil), Português (Portugal), Română, русский, Cyrillic, Slovenčina, Español (Spain), Svenska, ไทย, Türkçe, Українська, Tiếng Việt
Please report any problems, suggestions or requests by e-mail.
map and in a list as they are occurring around the globe.
Additional hazard information can be viewed and shared.
The term "Active Hazards" refers to a collection of current and real-time incidents (compiled from authoritative sources) which have been designated "potentially hazardous to people, property, or assets" by the PDC DisasterAWARE™ application.
The application is a free download.
PDC Active Hazards currently includes:
-Hurricane/Tropical Cyclone (global)
-National Weather Service High Surf (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service High Wind (for Hawaii)
-National Weather Service Flood (for Hawaii)
-Wildfire (global)- coming soon!
Other hazards will be added over time.
Application features include:
√ View Active Hazards on an interactive map or in the Alert list
√ Search for location (quick zoom)
√ Choose background map
√ Get "more info" for most Active Hazards
√ Receive automatic updates every five minutes
√ Choose a preferred time zone
Prepare for your day with the most accurate hourly, 5-day, and 10-day forecasts. Stunning Flickr photos match your location, time of day, and current conditions.
- Get all the details: wind, pressure, and chance of precipitation.
- See animated sunrise, sunset, wind, and pressure modules.
- Browse interactive maps: radar, satellite, heat, and snow.
- Track all your favorite cities and destinations!
- Scroll down for detailed weather information.
- Tap the plus sign to add up to 20 cities.
- Swipe left-to-right to move between locations.
- Submit your photos to Yahoo Weather by joining #projectweather on Flickr.
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: email@example.com
- NOWrad Radar: The most timely interactive radar for North America that also does real-time storm cell tracking and map-based weather alerts. Uses the state-of-the-art merging of doppler radars from NOAA, FAA, Environment Canada, and other meteorological agencies
- Future Radar using state-of-the-art TruPoint(sm) technology. Now you can see not only where the rain or snow is, but also where it’s expected to be
- See current condition trends, as well as average and record temperatures
- Temperature, precipitation (rain or snow), UV index, and wind speed graphs
- Combined radar and satellite layers, for the Continental US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of Mexico
- High-resolution temperature, wind speed, and snow cover layers
- Plot earthquakes in real-time, track hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones, and use our Exclusive Road Weather index to see weather-related road hazards
- NOAA NWS and Environment Canada Watch & Warning areas on the map
- Alert Notification: Get time-critical National Weather Service warnings for the United States even when you’re not in the Intellicast app. Such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, flood, and blizzard. NOTE: For a full list of critical alerts, please see the in-app help.
- Display Fronts, Highs and Lows on the interactive map.
Our mission is to bring advanced expert weather content and tools to weather sensitive decision makers. We are part of The Weather Company which includes The Weather Channel, weather.com, WSI Corporation, Weather Central, and Weather Underground.
Check us out at www.intellicast.com
This app runs in the background and monitors the official National Weather Service (NWS) alerts for your area. New alerts will appear on the status bar, and by selecting it, you can read the details.
You can also choose how urgent of a notification to get, based on the NWS Severity. An Extreme alert coming through? Then you'd probably like vibrate, lights AND bell for that! But a simple Wind Warning? Probably not as much. You can choose the level of response in the preferences.
Simple Weather Alert allows you to monitor one location for NWS alerts. If you want to monitor more locations (including locations that move with you), then consider purchasing Pro Weather Alert.
Simple Weather Alert Features:
+ Monitor NWS weather alerts for your area
+ Choose how to be notified (lights, bell, vibrate)
+ Modify notification based on NWS severity (go crazy for extreme alerts, such as Tornado Warning)
+ Alerts keep updated automatically as long as you have connectivity
+ Browse the alert list when there are multiple alerts, and read the details and instructions for the 2 MOST SEVERE alerts, as well as any EXTREME alerts.
+ An app widget added to your home screen allows for easy on/off toggling of lights, vibrate and sound settings. The alerts will still be checked and put on your status bar though, so you can keep an eye on it during class or church, without it causing distraction.
+ Key words and phrases list. Create a list of words or phrases, and when an alert is received that contains those words or phrases, it will be marked in the alerts list with an icon, and the phrases will be highlighted when you read the alert details.
+ Email an alert to friends or send via text message (requires Contacts List permission), so they can be warned as well.
+ Post an alert on Facebook or your Twitter feed, to get the word out fast.
+ Input your location by city, county, zip code, or let the app find your phone location by GPS or network location providers.
You can view the app manual here:
An explanation of permissions: The SMS and Contacts List permission are required so you can send an alert to someone via text message. The contacts list permission allows for easier selecting of the number.
IMPORTANT: While we take all possible precautions to make sure this app will get you critical alerts on time, the unforseen can still occur, as well as simple cell/network outages. Thus, we do not recommend that you ever rely on this app ALONE for tornado warnings. Please use this app along with other methods to ensure you are alerted in time.
NOTE: If you are certain the app is not sending you the alerts it should, please use Menu:Troubleshooting to send us debug info about it so we can work to resolve it quickly.
If you run into any other issues with this app or have questions, send us a note in the Menu:Troubleshooting screen. Also, visit the developers blog on our website for a list of current issues we are addressing.