Our favorite features include:
• Our trusted forecasts help you plan your day, week, or even the next hour with hourly and 10 day forecast options. (Celsius or Fahrenheit)
• Fast, accurate, and localized maps offer past and future radar as well as severe WEATHER™ bulletins for storms and any tornado. We also allow you to select, road, satellite, or hybrid views.
• Hurricane Central, in our map tab, allows you to track any tropical storm and full blown hurricanes.
• The Travel layer, in our phone map tab, allows you to save your favorite travel routes and commutes to see how they will be impacted by the WEATHER™. Why sit in traffic if you can avoid it?
• Easy location management, so you can edit and save your favorite places. Set up your favorites to take full advantage of our WEATHER™ widgets and notifications.
• Must see videos—everything from your local forecast to climate change.
• Detailed WEATHER™ conditions give you the temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, wind speed, humidity, UV index, visibility, dew point, and pressure.
• Beautiful and easy-to-use interface
But don’t just listen to us! Here’s what the experts are saying:
"Basically, forget everything you knew about The Weather Channel's app, because for all intents and purposes, this is an entirely new thing. And it's fantastic." Android Police
"My personal favorite is the new and improved narrative of climate descriptions. For example, the app now gives a more precise idea of what to expect from the weather in your area. You could say, it pretty much takes the guesswork out of reading weather forecasts." Android Headlines
“We love [The Weather Channel app on Android] because we can hit all the important features, like ‘What It Feels Like’ temperature, the 10-day forecast and hourly temperature, faster than any other app. If you need the ‘expertise’ of a meteorologist, the short and sweet video forecasts will get you up to speed in no time.” ~Gizmodo’s The Best Android Apps
”Great, up to the minute weather updates right to your phone… Terrific, basic weather app backed by experts.”~Appolicious
“You can count on the fact that the data is vetted by a large team of on-staff weather professionals.”~ZeroPaid
“The Weather Channel app is necessary... With voice search, hourly forecasts, one-click access and local video highlights, this free Android app is essential…” ~Appolicious
“More intuitive, good-looking, and user friendly… Thanks to The Weather Channel, you will have comprehensive knowledge about predictions from wherever in the World.” ~AndroidZoom
Gold Medal winner from Gizmodo’s best weather apps!
“The Weather Channel App for Android has been ranked as the number 1 most downloaded weather app and one of the most used apps available on the Android Market… so if you’re looking for a fully-featured weather app that delivers goodness all the time, go ahead and check it out.” ~IntoMobile
You can earn points while accessing your WEATHER™! For a select group of our US consumers you can now earn mPoints by just checking the WEATHER™. Whether you simply check your hyper local forecasts, play with our radar maps, set-up future radar, customize our animated radar maps, watch a video, or simply browse our long-range forecasts, you could be earning points! These points are redeemable for gift cards to major US retailers.
Use The Weather Channel App in any season, take us on any trip, and plan to use us when you travel!
The Weather Channel greatly appreciates our customers' feedback and patience as we work on our next build. Please see our customer service page to provide feedback and for our FAQs: http://feedback.weather.com/
Check us out at weather.com and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news.
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
NOAA Weather uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, NOAA Weather uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. The app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems.
This is the ad supported free version of NOAA Weather. You are also limited to 3 saved locations. Upgrade to remove ads and this restriction.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
Alerts from news sources can take several minutes to appear, and if you lose power you may not have access to the news.
With Tornado Alert, any user who sees a tornado can send an alert to all other users of the app within 20 miles that there is a tornado near by.
Alerts are normally delivered to all users in less than 5 seconds.
In addition to this, users are notified whenever they are in a "Tornado Warning" or "Tornado Watch" area, within 1 minute of the alert being declared.
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/TornadoAlertApp
If you have any questions or feedback, our twitter feed is manned throughout the day.
You can read more about the app at http://silverwraith.com/blog/2012/03/tornado-alert-app/
Download Tornado Alert today, report tornados, and help save a life!
While we do our best to filter out false reports of tornados, we depend on the community to help everyone get through the tornado season.
We cannot guarantee that every tornado will get an alert - as more users join and alert others on tornados, we hope to develop Tornado Alert into the fastest early warning system for tornados in the country.
***Winner of MediaPost's Appy Award in the weather category, second place in the CTIA E-Tech Awards.***
***Please note, IF YOU DO NOT have a media partner in your city the application WILL STILL WORK as intended and provide all alerts you select. ***
• More Precise Alerts: iMap Weather Radio provides more accurate alerts than those offered by typical consumer alerting services. Most of these services will alert you to severe weather if you are in a county only partially covered by a watch or warning, even if you are not actually directly within the watch/warning. iMap Weather Radio ensures you receive an alert only if your device or saved locations fall inside a watch/warning box. That means you aren’t disturbed by alarms not relevant to your location. You also have complete control over what types of alerts you receive through your app. Pick just the type of alerts you want from a list. For example, select only tornado warnings or just winter weather warnings.
• Follow Me: Follow me is a critical feature if you are on the go. Imagine you are driving through an area of adverse weather. This app will alert you if you are in an area when a watch/warning is issued, without you having to do anything. You don’t have to stop and add a new location or query your device.
• Friends and Family: iMap Weather Radio can also save FIVE fixed locations in addition to your current position. This means you can make sure friends and family, at school, out of state, at a ballgame, etc., are safe.
• Battery Management: iMapWeather Radio uses Location Services to strike a balance between location accuracy and battery usage. Background tracking will have some effect on overall battery life. You can control how much accuracy you want the application to use for your location and thus impact the battery management. You may turn off background tracking for battery conservation in the app settings. In this mode iMap Weather Radio will only utilize the GPS when the app is open.
• Audio: iMap Weather Radio provides audio alerts in the form of beeps followed by a brief description of the alert type. The audio could wake you in the middle of the night, or give you information you need when you can’t stop to look at the phone. Furthermore, you can listen to the alerts and forecasts for your area at any time.
• Video: In markets where local media partners participate, you can view streaming video of severe weather coverage for up-to-the-minute information.
Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. is a weather content and technology partner for many major weather brands in the U.S. Weather is our business and weather safety is our passion. To round out your weather app collection, ensure you download our sister application, RadarScope, the most advanced Nexrad radar application in the App Store.
Learn more about iMapWeather Radio and receive update notifications and information.
Visit our support page for FAQs and questions.
Only our data is real-time, which allows us to see weather threats first, provide better forecasts and give the fastest alerts to severe weather! And only we measure “Total Lightning” so you get exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts for your current and saved locations. Stay safer with WeatherBug.
As you’ll see from the “short” list below, WeatherBug has more awesome data and content than any other weather app.
Enjoy these useful features:
• NEW Spark™ Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark™ turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get exclusive real-time, minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts from our network. Check out our live lightning map to see lightning strikes near and far!
• Real-Time Enhanced Pin-Point Forecasts for 2.6 Million Locations Worldwide – The most accurate current, extended and hourly weather forecasts for your neighborhood and beyond from the world’s largest weather and lightning sensor networks.
• Exclusive DTAs & Severe Weather Alerts – Minutes Matter. Our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide the fastest warnings to severe weather. Plus, get National Weather Service (NWS) warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Extended 10-Day Forecast – Weather happens. Get the most accurate extended forecast and Know Before™ 10 days ahead.
• Enhanced Interactive Maps – Enjoy our enhanced maps with multiple layers such as Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture (pun intended) of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Photo Section & Albums – We’ve collected magnificent photography from our users for your viewing pleasure. Now categorized into albums, finding awesome photos has never been quicker or easier! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery!
• Photo Submission & Sharing – Snap, send & share. Send us your best photos and share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users.
• Spotlight section – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest news on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel tomorrow's picnic? Our new Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather parameters to advise you on how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Customizable Home Screen – Customize your home screen with newly added background themes and rearrange your live tiles to get the info that matter the most to you at-a-glance.
• Multiple Language Support – Get forecasts and alerts for your neighborhood and the world in Spanish and Portuguese!
• My Location – Automatically updates your weather information based on the closest weather station to you in your neighborhood through GPS.
• Multiple Saved Locations – Save all your locations without any restrictions.
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
MyRadar is a fast, easy-to-use, no-frills application that displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Just start the app, and your location pops up with animated weather!
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
★ The Most Live and Hourly Forecasts
Just Some of Our Top Features:
✓ AUTOMATIC Station Updates
✓ Huge Selection of NOAA Radio Stations
✓ 180+ Stations Being Broadcasted
✓ Background Playing Audio Support
✓ High-Res Retina Display Graphics
✓ Clean and Professional Design
✓ One Time Purchase for Life
Don't get caught without a weather radio. When severe weather strikes this information is priceless.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the NOAA brand or organization. This application should not be used in life or death situations. These streams can be delayed depending on network traffic and connection speed. In the event of a real emergency please use local TV stations or a local NOAA weather radio. Some city listings may use NOAA broadcasts that are from surrounding cities. Do not rely on the broadcasts from this application for life or death decisions.
The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With free push notifications for weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires. Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 33,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Hazard Reports allow users to share dangerous road conditions in their area
- Share severe alerts with your friends and family
- Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
- New widgets: 1x1 and 2x2!
- Choose Light or Dark mode
- Customize your experience by sliding the weather information up and down
- Switch between Best Forecast™ & NWS Forecast
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
**On of the "Best New Android Apps From The Last 3 Weeks" (2/23/13 - 3/12/13)**
Get your family and home ready for a tornado. The American Red Cross tornado app is the complete solution you need to understand and prepare for a tornado and all that comes with it. With interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to be ready!
• Audible siren when NOAA issues a Tornado warning for any of your monitored locations letting you know when it’s time to go to your safe room plus an all-clear alert when the warning expires (Note: Alerts' sounds will NOT override if phone is on vibrate or in sleep mode)
• Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down. Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity
• Help distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from NOAA
• Red Cross location-based open shelters map for when you need it most
• Be ready should a tornado hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation
• Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge
• Know how many tornadoes have occurred in your area
• Know the difference between a watch and a warning
• Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages
• Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email
• Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions
The Weather app is specifically designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible. With just one click you receive the weather condition in your status bar at your current location.
The climate state is gorgeously animated so that you can almost experience it, seeing how the weather comes alive.
The app is using Weather Underground as a data channel and the live updates are really tiny so that you would not use up your data cap.
- Weather supports geo-positioning, retrieving the latest weather conditions for your current location
- An option to manually add your location
- Add and track the weather conditions in multiple locations
- Weather is one of the most lightweight weather apps on Google Play!
- Animated weather conditions - see how the weather comes alive!
- Widgets for different locations
- Hourly and weekly forecasts
- Intuitive, seamless user interface
- Support for the lock screen widget in Android 4.2
- Weather benefits all known screen resolutions
- Offers quality support for Android devices - from Android 1.5 to Android 4.3
- Tap on the temperature to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- You can allow and disable the notifications
- Choose by yourself what will be the next feature of Weather! Leave a comment or send us an e-mail and help us make Weather the best app of its kind.
* Add scanners you listen to the most to your Favorites list for quick access.
* View the top 50 scanners that have the most listeners
* Browse thru newly added channels
* Broswe thru alert channels
* Browse the directory of scanner feeds by location or by genre (public safety, weather, railroad, etc).
* Browse thru all the available NOAA weather radio channels.
* Configure alerts to have the app notify you when lots of people are listening to a scanner (indicating that something big may be happening).
* Sleep timer
Explanation of why various permissions are needed:
The "Modify global system settings" permission is needed in order for the app to be able to change the device's "Wi-Fi Sleep Policy" to "Never" (but only with your permission). When you run the app, it will check the setting and ask you if you would like for it to be changed to "Never" (if it's set to something else) so that the scanner audio won't be interrupted if the screen turns off while you're listening over Wi-Fi.
Some popular channels are listed below.
LAPD - Code 3/Hot Shots, Air/K9 and Van Nuys/Valley Traffic
San Diego Police Dispatch
Denver Police, Fire and EMS
Waterloo Regional Police
Bayamon and San Juan Police
City of Tulsa and Rural Police, and Fire, Tulsa County Sheriff
Ingham County Public Safety
Multnomah County Sheriff and Portland Police
Memphis Police and Shelby County Sheriff
Amateur Repeater Los Angeles Area 147.435mhz
Northwest Ohio Digital and MARCS
Fort Worth Police Dispatch
Sacramento County Sheriff and Sacramento City Police
Des Moines Metro Police
Sedgwick County Law Enforcement
City of Buffalo Police and Fire
Allen County Public Safety
Tucson Police and EMS
Minot Police, Sheriff, Fire, and EMS
Modesto Police Dispatch channel 1
San Juan and Ponce Police, Fire and EMS
Black Hawk County Police, Fire, and EMS
Albuquerque Police and Bernalillo County Sheriff
Aurora Police and Fire
City of Pittsburgh Police, Fire, and EMS
Anne Arundel County Police, Fire, and EMS
Akron Police Department
Amarillo Police and Fire, Randall and Potter Counties Sheriff and Fire
Hunter Valley, Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour Police
NYPD Special Operations Division and Traffic
Evansville Police and Fire Dispatch
Philadelphia Police - Citywide
Flint Police and Fire, Genesee County Fire Dispatch
Westmoreland County Public Safety
Detroit Fire Department
San Bernardino County Fire and Sheriff System 1
Little Rock Police Dispatch
Butler County Sheriff, Police, Fire, and EMS
Allen County Public Safety
NOAA weather channels
Be OnGuard... Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
OnGuard Weather Alerts monitors the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) active weather alerts for advisories, watches, and warnings for your location (Within the Continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
When an alert is detected for your current location or any of your static location entries, an appropriate audible, sensory (vibrate), and visual alert will be generated depending on the severity of the NOAA alert type (Advisory, Watch, or Warning).
Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
- NO Signups, NO Websites, NO text messages, and NO ads! This application runs entirely on your Android device as a background service and pulls alerts directly from the source (NOAA).
- NOAA provides advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
- Dynamic Location Support (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination).
- Dynamic Location feature is on/off configurable.
- Static Location Support (unlimited # of entries).
- Audible, Sensory (vibrate), and Visual alerts (Configurable).
- User customizable alert sounds.
- Insistent Alert Support (off/on configurable) for Warning level events (ie. Audible, Sensory, and Visual alerts will repeat until acknowledged).
- Filtering of Alerts by category. *NEW* (in the 06/03/2011 release).
- Configurable Notification Levels (Warnings Only, Watches & Warnings, Advisories & Watches & Warnings).
- Configurable interval for checking for alerts.
- "Check Now" Button for manual or instant checks.
- Easily stop the service by simple unchecking a box in the preferences.
- Link to context sensitive tips from FEMA detailing information about what to do before, during, and after certain events. (In the main menu - full list of events, In the alert detail menu - contect specific information).
- Link to the "Red Cross Safe & Well Check In" site (This is the site to report that you are OK after a disaster or to locate a loved one that was in a disaster).
- Radar & Weather Radio Mode currently work, we are waiting for tablet integration before release.
- Various other improvements to existing functionality.
Q: Is OnGuard hard on my battery?
A: No. The application minimizes the amount of power required by allowing the user to control whether Dynamic Location is enabled. Even with this feature enabled, the app only requests Dynamic Location updates at the same interval as your alert polling interval.
Q: How much data is used?
A: Not much at all. It varies based upon the number of active weather publications and how frequently you configure the application to check for updates. Each time the app checks for new NOAA publications a 2k (kilobyte) data packet is retrieved via the Internet for each location configured in your preferences. Using the default app settings, approximately 200k (kilobytes) per day or 6M (megabytes) per month of data is used. This is a very small amount given the allowances of most provider's data plans.
Tip: If data usage is a concern, consider disabling the background service and using the Check Now feature instead.
Q. I am getting alerts for an incorrect location.
A. If you are using "Dynamic Location", sometimes the cell network location (used when GPS is unavailable) will return an incorrect location. This is cell tower issue and is outside our control. Please obtain a GPS fix or use a static location entry.
Q. I am having an issue after updating, what should I do?
A. If you are experiencing any issues after an update, please uninstall and re-install the application.
It currently focuses on the area of the United States typically called Tornado Alley which currently includes Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas and Missouri.
Depending on whose map you look at other states like Nebraska, Iowa, Arkansas, Louisiana, and South Dakota could claim that not so distinct honor of being part of tornado alley. Look for the addition of those states at a later date.
Features included in the App:
-Storm Spotters comments and storm photo upload
-NOAA Weather Radio Broadcasts
-Tornado Photos and Videos
-Photo upload to send us storm photos for our gallery
-Weather alert feeds
You will have access to Hurricane Warnings, Hurricane Watches, Tornado Warnings, Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Tornado Watches, and Severe Thunderstorm Watches as soon as they become available.
This application Uploads your position to our server which then searches the National Weather Service instantly for Warnings / Watches / Alerts in your area. If you are in a Warning or Watch your phone will be alerted and you can take the necessary actions to protect life and property.
Prepare for your day with the most accurate hourly, 5-day, and 10-day forecasts. Stunning Flickr photos match your location, time of day, and current conditions.
- Get all the details: wind, pressure, and chance of precipitation.
- See animated sunrise, sunset, wind, and pressure modules.
- Browse interactive maps: radar, satellite, heat, and snow.
- Track all your favorite cities and destinations!
- Scroll down for detailed weather information.
- Tap the plus sign to add up to 20 cities.
- Swipe left-to-right to move between locations.
- Submit your photos to Yahoo Weather by joining #projectweather on Flickr.
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: firstname.lastname@example.org
More from developer
This app runs in the background and monitors the official National Weather Service (NWS) alerts for your area. New alerts will appear on the status bar, and by selecting it, you can read the details.
You can also choose how urgent of a notification to get, based on the NWS Severity. An Extreme alert coming through? Then you'd probably like vibrate, lights AND bell for that! But a simple Wind Warning? Probably not as much. You can choose the level of response in the preferences.
Pro Weather Alert has all of the features of Simple Weather Alert, and more!
+ No ads.
+ Monitor unlimited locations, each with an intuitive name you set.
+ See the details and instructions of all alerts for all areas.
+ See where around you the alerts are using the Alert Map. No more wondering if you're driving into or out of bad weather.
+ Choose how to be notified (lights, bell, vibrate), and decide which alerts will override your phone silence settings.
+ Sort and Filter the alerts in the list, by severity or location.
+ Two alert levels (“emergency” and “urgent”) are customizable, in case you want lights, bell, and vibrate for extreme alerts, and just lights for severe alerts. All other weather alerts will give a simple notice on the action bar.
+ Individually select which NWS alerts you want to be considered "Emergency" or "Urgent"
+ Alerts keep updated automatically as long as you have connectivity
+ Find your alert location by GPS or network location, and have alerts follow your phone as you move.
+ An app widget added to your home screen allows for easy on/off toggling of lights, vibrate and sound settings. The alerts will still be checked and put on your status bar though, so you can keep an eye on it during class or church, without it causing distraction. You can also toggle the location following feature to save battery when not driving.
+ Key words and phrases list. Create a list of words or phrases, and when an alert is received that contains those words or phrases, it will be marked in the alerts list with an icon, and the phrases will be highlighted when you read the alert details.
+ Email an alert to friends or send via text message (**requires Contacts List permission**), so they can be warned as well.
+ Post your alert to our Facebook wall or Twitter feed! This is especially useful for non-weather alerts, such as Child Abduction Emergencies.
+ Change your alert polling times to maximize battery life.
+ Constant alerting annoying? You can now mute repeated alerts so those busy storm nights don't un-necessarily alert you.
NOTE: Do *NOT* use RAM or memory clearing apps. It will disable this app and you will not receive alerts.
You can view the app manual here or in the app:
An explanation of permissions: The SMS and Contacts List permission are required so you can send an alert to someone via text message. The contacts list permission allows for easier selecting of the number.
IMPORTANT: While we take all possible precautions to make sure this app will get you critical alerts on time, the unforseen can still occur, as well as simple cell/network outages. Thus, we do not recommend that you ever rely on this app ALONE for tornado warnings. Please use this app along with other methods to ensure you are alerted in time.
NOTE: If you are certain the app is not sending you the alerts it should, please use Menu:Troubleshooting to send us debug info about it so we can work to resolve it quickly.
If you run into any other issues with this app or have questions, send us a note in the Menu:Troubleshooting screen. Also, visit the developers blog on our website for a list of current issues we are addressing.