Our favorite features include:
• Our trusted forecasts help you plan your day, week, or even the next hour with hourly and 10 day forecast options. (Celsius or Fahrenheit)
• Fast, accurate, and localized maps offer past and future radar as well as severe WEATHER™ bulletins for storms and any tornado. We also allow you to select, road, satellite, or hybrid views.
• Hurricane Central, in our map tab, allows you to track any tropical storm and full blown hurricanes.
• The Travel layer, in our phone map tab, allows you to save your favorite travel routes and commutes to see how they will be impacted by the WEATHER™. Why sit in traffic if you can avoid it?
• Easy location management, so you can edit and save your favorite places. Set up your favorites to take full advantage of our WEATHER™ widgets and notifications.
• Must see videos—everything from your local forecast to climate change.
• Detailed WEATHER™ conditions give you the temperature, sunrise time, sunset time, wind speed, humidity, UV index, visibility, dew point, and pressure.
• Beautiful and easy-to-use interface
But don’t just listen to us! Here’s what the experts are saying:
"Basically, forget everything you knew about The Weather Channel's app, because for all intents and purposes, this is an entirely new thing. And it's fantastic." Android Police
"My personal favorite is the new and improved narrative of climate descriptions. For example, the app now gives a more precise idea of what to expect from the weather in your area. You could say, it pretty much takes the guesswork out of reading weather forecasts." Android Headlines
“We love [The Weather Channel app on Android] because we can hit all the important features, like ‘What It Feels Like’ temperature, the 10-day forecast and hourly temperature, faster than any other app. If you need the ‘expertise’ of a meteorologist, the short and sweet video forecasts will get you up to speed in no time.” ~Gizmodo’s The Best Android Apps
”Great, up to the minute weather updates right to your phone… Terrific, basic weather app backed by experts.”~Appolicious
“You can count on the fact that the data is vetted by a large team of on-staff weather professionals.”~ZeroPaid
“The Weather Channel app is necessary... With voice search, hourly forecasts, one-click access and local video highlights, this free Android app is essential…” ~Appolicious
“More intuitive, good-looking, and user friendly… Thanks to The Weather Channel, you will have comprehensive knowledge about predictions from wherever in the World.” ~AndroidZoom
Gold Medal winner from Gizmodo’s best weather apps!
“The Weather Channel App for Android has been ranked as the number 1 most downloaded weather app and one of the most used apps available on the Android Market… so if you’re looking for a fully-featured weather app that delivers goodness all the time, go ahead and check it out.” ~IntoMobile
You can earn points while accessing your WEATHER™! For a select group of our US consumers you can now earn mPoints by just checking the WEATHER™. Whether you simply check your hyper local forecasts, play with our radar maps, set-up future radar, customize our animated radar maps, watch a video, or simply browse our long-range forecasts, you could be earning points! These points are redeemable for gift cards to major US retailers.
Use The Weather Channel App in any season, take us on any trip, and plan to use us when you travel!
The Weather Channel greatly appreciates our customers' feedback and patience as we work on our next build. Please see our customer service page to provide feedback and for our FAQs: http://feedback.weather.com/
Check us out at weather.com and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel for the latest breaking news.
Weather & Clock Widget for Android™ comes with different widget sizes, 2x1, 4x1, 4x2 and 4x3 for normal screens, and 5x1, 5x2 and 5x3 for large screens like Galaxy Note and tablets.
Weather & Clock Widget for Android™ supports a wide range of Android phones; it supports Android Version 2.2 and higher.
- Provides current weather condition and five days weather forecast
- 10-Day and Hourly Weather
- Sunrise and Sunset time
- Temperature in status bar
- Share weather and location information with friends.
- Home screen widgets, 5x3, 5x2, 5x1 for large screen only and 4x3, 4x2, 4x1 and 2x1 for all screens.
- Searches for all cities in the world by country and city or zip code
- Ability to set your internet source to Wi-Fi only
- Ability to disable internet access from operators while you are in roaming
- Ability to set your preferred temperature unit, Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Automatic update intervals are: 15 min, 30 min, 1, 3, 6, 9, 12 hours and Manual update.
- Auto location detection
- Up to 10 different locations
- Weather map with ability to add any city to your city list
- Notification alerts (with option to disable it)
- Localized to English, Dansk, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Български, Suomi, Norsk Bokmål, Nederlands, Slovenčina, Slovenščina, Svenska, Română, العربية, كوردى,
ئۇيغۇرچە, Français, Hrvatski, Türkçe, Čeština, Español, Català, Italiano, Português, Magyar, Македонски, Pусский, Українська, Polski, Português(Brasil), Српски, Lietuvių, Việt, 中文 (简体), 中文 (繁體), 한국어.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
For any questions or issues, please visit FAQ page at: http://www.devexpert.net/weather
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
NOAA Weather uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, NOAA Weather uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. The app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions or problems.
This is the ad supported free version of NOAA Weather. You are also limited to 3 saved locations. Upgrade to remove ads and this restriction.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
Get the most accurate pinpoint forecasts for your neighborhood and around the world. Benefit from the fastest, most advanced early warning system!
When minutes matter (and they do when severe weather strikes), get more time, and Know Before™. Download WeatherBug today!
Enjoy these unique features:
• NEW Real-Time Enhanced Pin-Point Forecasts for 2.6 Million Locations Worldwide – The industry’s most accurate current, extended and hourly weather forecasts for your neighborhood and beyond. With 25% more accurate forecasts for the next 24 hours (when compared to other weather apps), Know Before™ you head out!
• NEW Photo Section & Albums – We’ve collected magnificent photography from our users for your viewing pleasure. Now categorized into albums, finding awesome photos have never been quicker or easier! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery!
• NEW Photo Submission & Sharing – Snap, send & share. Send us your best photos and share your moment with friends and family, plus millions of WeatherBug users. It’s your time to be semi-famous!
• NEW Portuguese Language Support – WeatherBug fala Português! Get forecasts and alerts in Portuguese and saber antes!
• NEW Cold & Flu section – Stay updated on the cold and flu season! Find out where and when you'll need to be extra careful, along with useful facts on how you can minimize your risk.
• Extended 10-Day Forecast – Weather happens. Get the most accurate extended forecast and Know Before™ 10 days ahead. Say goodbye to nasty weather surprises!
• Exclusive DTAs & Severe Weather Alerts – Minutes Matter. Our Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide you 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition. Plus, you get National Weather Service (NWS) warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations.
• Spark Alerts – Spark, an exclusive feature of WeatherBug, turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile Spark lightning monitoring, in real-time, from the WeatherBug total lightning detection network!
• Enhanced Interactive Maps – Enjoy our enhanced maps with multiple layers such as Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture (pun intended) of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Spotlight section – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest news on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen! Our Hurricane Center is your go-to resource for these violent storms, giving valuable information so you Know Before™!
• Spanish Language Support – ¿Hablas español? Sí? Well, WeatherBug does now too. Get forecasts and alerts for your neighborhood in Spanish!
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel tomorrow's picnic? Our new Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather parameters to advise you on how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Conditions Icon – Now updated more frequently with a higher resolution model so you get the most accurate depictions of weather conditions! That’s especially critical when weather conditions are quickly changing and you need to make plans.
• My Location – Automatically updates your weather information based on the closest weather station to you in your neighborhood through GPS.
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms”, WeatherBug!
MyRadar is a fast, easy-to-use, no-frills application that displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Just start the app, and your location pops up with animated weather!
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
Be OnGuard... Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
OnGuard Weather Alerts monitors the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) active weather alerts for advisories, watches, and warnings for your location (Within the Continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
When an alert is detected for your current location or any of your static location entries, an appropriate audible, sensory (vibrate), and visual alert will be generated depending on the severity of the NOAA alert type (Advisory, Watch, or Warning).
Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
- NO Signups, NO Websites, NO text messages, and NO ads! This application runs entirely on your Android device as a background service and pulls alerts directly from the source (NOAA).
- NOAA provides advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
- Dynamic Location Support (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination).
- Dynamic Location feature is on/off configurable.
- Static Location Support (unlimited # of entries).
- Audible, Sensory (vibrate), and Visual alerts (Configurable).
- User customizable alert sounds.
- Insistent Alert Support (off/on configurable) for Warning level events (ie. Audible, Sensory, and Visual alerts will repeat until acknowledged).
- Filtering of Alerts by category. *NEW* (in the 06/03/2011 release).
- Configurable Notification Levels (Warnings Only, Watches & Warnings, Advisories & Watches & Warnings).
- Configurable interval for checking for alerts.
- "Check Now" Button for manual or instant checks.
- Easily stop the service by simple unchecking a box in the preferences.
- Link to context sensitive tips from FEMA detailing information about what to do before, during, and after certain events. (In the main menu - full list of events, In the alert detail menu - contect specific information).
- Link to the "Red Cross Safe & Well Check In" site (This is the site to report that you are OK after a disaster or to locate a loved one that was in a disaster).
- Radar & Weather Radio Mode currently work, we are waiting for tablet integration before release.
- Various other improvements to existing functionality.
Q: Is OnGuard hard on my battery?
A: No. The application minimizes the amount of power required by allowing the user to control whether Dynamic Location is enabled. Even with this feature enabled, the app only requests Dynamic Location updates at the same interval as your alert polling interval.
Q: How much data is used?
A: Not much at all. It varies based upon the number of active weather publications and how frequently you configure the application to check for updates. Each time the app checks for new NOAA publications a 2k (kilobyte) data packet is retrieved via the Internet for each location configured in your preferences. Using the default app settings, approximately 200k (kilobytes) per day or 6M (megabytes) per month of data is used. This is a very small amount given the allowances of most provider's data plans.
Tip: If data usage is a concern, consider disabling the background service and using the Check Now feature instead.
Q. I am getting alerts for an incorrect location.
A. If you are using "Dynamic Location", sometimes the cell network location (used when GPS is unavailable) will return an incorrect location. This is cell tower issue and is outside our control. Please obtain a GPS fix or use a static location entry.
Q. I am having an issue after updating, what should I do?
A. If you are experiencing any issues after an update, please uninstall and re-install the application.
The Weather app is specifically designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible. With just one click you receive the weather condition in your status bar at your current location.
The climate state is gorgeously animated so that you can almost experience it, seeing how the weather comes alive.
The app is using Weather Underground as a data channel and the live updates are really tiny so that you would not use up your data cap.
- Weather supports geo-positioning, retrieving the latest weather conditions for your current location
- An option to manually add your location
- Add and track the weather conditions in multiple locations
- Weather is one of the most lightweight weather apps on Google Play!
- Animated weather conditions - see how the weather comes alive!
- Widgets for different locations
- Hourly and weekly forecasts
- Intuitive, seamless user interface
- Support for the lock screen widget in Android 4.2
- Weather benefits all known screen resolutions
- Offers quality support for Android devices - from Android 1.5 to Android 4.3
- Tap on the temperature to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- You can allow and disable the notifications
- Choose by yourself what will be the next feature of Weather! Leave a comment or send us an e-mail and help us make Weather the best app of its kind.
- Highly acclaimed design with beautiful photos that match your location, time of day, and current weather condition
- Detailed weather information, including 10-day and 24-hour temperature forecasts
- Interactive radar, satellite, heat, and wind maps
- Severe weather alerts
- Animated sunrise & sunset times and wind & pressure modules
- Humidity sensor, UV index, and chance of precipitation
- New home screen widgets
- Swipe vertically for detailed weather information
- Swipe horizontally for favorite locations
- All photos in the app are from users like you. Submit yours at http://www.flickr.com/projectweather
It supports up to tens of thousands of cities in which you can get the most accurate weather information, detailed weather report, accurate weather forecast, interactive maps image, incredibly beautiful user interface with variety of widget themes and live wallpapers. With this application installed on your android phone, you can get the latest weather information anywhere and anytime.
"Go Weather Forecasts & Widgets is ideally the best android weather widget for any smartphones, phablets and tablets." - Joyofandroid
“GO Weather beats a weather forecaster on the TV easily. It also beats most of the websites I have been using.” - Appstorm
“The app is so configured that it gives the weather of more than tens of thousands locations and cities with its proper and accurate report of weather anytime and anywhere. It is the best app on your device to give weather report with accuracy and is above our expectation.” - Techclones
“Being the best weather forecast app, Go Weather offers a ton of extra features too.” - Androidlawn
- Accurate and local forecasts for 100,000+ locations worldwide
- Detailed weather report, including time, date, feeling like, high & low temperature, wind, humidity, visibility, sunrise and sunset, severe weather alert, etc.
- Multiple cities feature is perfect for a trip plan
- 2*1, 4*1, 4*2 current weather widgets & 4*1, 4*2 future weather forecast widgets
- Widget themes and live wallpaper for 7+ weather conditions in day and night mode: sunny, rainy, snowy, thunder, cloudy, overcast and foggy
- Share your current weather info with your friends by taking a picture
- Interactive dynamic maps, radar and satellite images for specific cities
- Probability of precipitation forecast
- World clock integrated to display current time and weather info for selected cities
- 24-hour & 10-day detailed weather forecast
- Interactive radar image, satellite for North America, Europe and Australia
- Exclusively designed widget themes for Premium Version (keep increasing)
- No sponsored messages or Ads
1.I have downgraded from premium to free. How do I get the paid version back?
Logon the account you paid for your premium version before > Enter advanced features intro page > Select the payment method you chose before > Your billing info & payment record being checked> Upgrade to the premium after successful checking
2.How to change the temperature unit?
Launcher GO Weather EX > Menu > Settings > Weather info > Temperature Unit
eWeather HD is the most informative Android application about your environment: Current weather and weather forecasts from different weather providers, NOAA weather alerts, latest earthquakes, live radar, geomagnetic storm forecast, pressure change indicator, wind and moon and sun calendar, METAR.
The NOAA Doppler Radar shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on Google Maps around your location in real time with higher resolution images than any other app for Android ( USA only).
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) for USA,
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Send weather forecast, weather alerts, Earthquakes by e-mail
• Is an easy to use, handy assistant for staying informed about changing weather conditions,
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
eWeather HD is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry... the list goes on and on!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
Nice Weather is a weather application that provides simple and clean forecasts for the next 5 days!
This application has been designed to be simple and enjoyable, while giving access to accurate weather information.
Check out the evolution of the weather along the day by sliding your finger on the temperature graph! Wind speed and precipitation are also updated.
- Weather forecast for 5 days with 3 hours intervals
- Display of the wind speed, temperature and precipitation
- Two interactive graphics to visualize the evolution of temperature and precipitation
- Single color by forecast
- Automatic update of data
- Information available in different units
- Offline access to the forecast
Pro features (about 2 $ US / year to contribute)
- More frequent updates
Thanks to Martin Šindler (cs), 王克震 (zh), Piotr Ciastko (pl) and Maurits Hulzinga (nl), Andrey Raygorodskiy (ru) for the translations!
And thanks to all people who help me to continue!
Follow me on Twitter @aurel_hubert
Don't let bad weather take you by surprise! Set the gorgeous animated wallpapers with live weather conditions on your home screen and be aware of any weather that is coming your way. Whether it is cloudy, rainy, snowy or even stormy outside, Weather Live will provide you with current weather conditions and forecast in your city and multiple locations all around the world.
Cold or warm weather, it will magically come alive on the crisp screen of your device. You won’t even have to look out the window as Weather Live will make you feel like you are already outside! With an innovative technology Weather Live™ implemented into the app, we made it possible!
• Weather forecasts for multiple locations all around the world
• Live weather scenes reflecting real-time weather conditions
• Beautiful weather widgets
• Fabulous animated wallpaper with live weather conditions right on your home screen
• Cloud, satellite, rain maps (available worldwide) enhanced with animated weather radar (the USA only) to quickly see what weather is coming your way
• Customizable layout: all weather details, short-term forecast, long-term forecast, current state only, text only
• Local time in 12 or 24-hour format
• 7-day and 24-hour weather forecast
• "Feels Like" temperature. Today’s Min and Max
• Wind direction and speed. Visibility details
• Humidity and precipitation information. Pressure in inches, mm or mbar
• Fahrenheit or Celsius and Miles or Kilometers
• Easy navigation between cities: swipe either to the left or to the right to switch between locations
• New York, Los Angeles, Chicago or any other location worldwide – get accurate weather forecasts wherever you are!
Get Weather Live and be prepared for any weather!
● NOWrad Radar: The most timely interactive radar for North America that also does real-time storm cell tracking
and map-based weather alerts. Uses state of the art merging of doppler radars from NOAA, FAA, Environment Canada, and other meteorological agencies.
● Future Radar using state-of-the-art TruPoint(sm) technology. Now you can see not only where the rain or snow is, but also where it’s expected to be.
● See current condition trends, as well as average and record temperatures
● Temperature, precipitation (rain or snow), UV index, and wind speed graphs
● Combined radar and satellite layers, for the Continental US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of Mexico, and high-resolution temperature, wind speed, and snow cover layers
● Plot earthquakes in real-time, track hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones, and use our Exclusive Road Weather index to see weather-related road hazards
● NOAA NWS and Environment Canada Watch & Warning areas on the map
● Alert Notification: Get time-critical National Weather Service warnings for the United States even when you’re not in the Intellicast app. Such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, flood, and blizzard. NOTE: For a full list of critical alerts, please see the in-app help.
Our mission is to bring advanced expert weather content and tools to weather sensitive decision makers. We are part of The Weather Company that includes The Weather Channel, weather.com, WSI Corporation, Weather Central, and Weather Underground.
Check us out at www.intellicast.com
The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps, and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from personal weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires.
Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 33,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
Weather+ is setting a new standard for Weather applications! Top 100 worldwide on the Apple iPad & iPhone.
- New York Times: "The most useful Weather App!"
- Apple: App Store Essentials - Apps Starter Kit
- The Daily: Featured in The Daily App
- TUAW.com: Weather+ for your forecasting pleasure
"You would be well advised to download Weather+. This app puts all your vital weather information on one page, and the background video matches the weather conditions."
(App Smart, NYTimes.com)
FULL SCREEN VIDEO:
Weather+ gives you current weather conditions and a 5-day forecast of all worldwide weather stations. The information is visualized with beautiful full screen video loops for all conditions. This combined with a Flip Clock and a World Clock upgrades your ipad to a weather station like you never imagined.
Fully functional on all Android devices!
Weather+ includes a wide range of professional features.
☀ Weather and time details for an unlimited number of cities.
☀ Full screen video loops of the weather in the selected location.
☀ Fully functional on all Android devices and resolutions!
☀ Standard weather info like condition description and temperature.
☀ Wind direction and speed details.
☀ Humidity, precipiation, pressure and visibility details.
☀ 3-hourly weather forecast for a total of 5 days.
☀ Swipe the screen from left to right to switch between selected locations.
☀ Flip clock with World Clock time of your current location and of the selected location.
☀ Switch between Fahrenheit/Miles and Celsius/Kilometers
You also can change the arrangements of the widgets manually:
☀ Show clock, daily & hourly forecast
☀ Show clock & daily forecast
☀ Show clock only
☀ Show one minimal widget at the bottom
☀ No widgets, text only
Weather+ is designed to be your daily companion for your basic weather condition needs and will drastically improve your connection to nature and its elements.
More from developer
This app runs in the background and monitors the official National Weather Service (NWS) alerts for your area. New alerts will appear on the status bar, and by selecting it, you can read the details.
You can also choose how urgent of a notification to get, based on the NWS Severity. An Extreme alert coming through? Then you'd probably like vibrate, lights AND bell for that! But a simple Wind Warning? Probably not as much. You can choose the level of response in the preferences.
Pro Weather Alert has all of the features of Simple Weather Alert, and more!
+ No ads.
+ Monitor unlimited locations, each with an intuitive name you set.
+ See the details and instructions of all alerts for all areas.
+ See where around you the alerts are using the Alert Map. No more wondering if you're driving into or out of bad weather.
+ Choose how to be notified (lights, bell, vibrate), and decide which alerts will override your phone silence settings.
+ Sort and Filter the alerts in the list, by severity or location.
+ Two alert levels (“emergency” and “urgent”) are customizable, in case you want lights, bell, and vibrate for extreme alerts, and just lights for severe alerts. All other weather alerts will give a simple notice on the action bar.
+ Individually select which NWS alerts you want to be considered "Emergency" or "Urgent"
+ Alerts keep updated automatically as long as you have connectivity
+ Find your alert location by GPS or network location, and have alerts follow your phone as you move.
+ An app widget added to your home screen allows for easy on/off toggling of lights, vibrate and sound settings. The alerts will still be checked and put on your status bar though, so you can keep an eye on it during class or church, without it causing distraction. You can also toggle the location following feature to save battery when not driving.
+ Key words and phrases list. Create a list of words or phrases, and when an alert is received that contains those words or phrases, it will be marked in the alerts list with an icon, and the phrases will be highlighted when you read the alert details.
+ Email an alert to friends or send via text message (**requires Contacts List permission**), so they can be warned as well.
+ Post your alert to our Facebook wall or Twitter feed! This is especially useful for non-weather alerts, such as Child Abduction Emergencies.
+ Change your alert polling times to maximize battery life.
+ Constant alerting annoying? You can now mute repeated alerts so those busy storm nights don't un-necessarily alert you.
NOTE: Do *NOT* use RAM or memory clearing apps. It will disable this app and you will not receive alerts.
You can view the app manual here or in the app:
An explanation of permissions: The SMS and Contacts List permission are required so you can send an alert to someone via text message. The contacts list permission allows for easier selecting of the number.
IMPORTANT: While we take all possible precautions to make sure this app will get you critical alerts on time, the unforseen can still occur, as well as simple cell/network outages. Thus, we do not recommend that you ever rely on this app ALONE for tornado warnings. Please use this app along with other methods to ensure you are alerted in time.
NOTE: If you are certain the app is not sending you the alerts it should, please use Menu:Troubleshooting to send us debug info about it so we can work to resolve it quickly.
If you run into any other issues with this app or have questions, send us a note in the Menu:Troubleshooting screen. Also, visit the developers blog on our website for a list of current issues we are addressing.