Not only are NOAA forecasts the most accurate, they provide unique point forecasts for every square mile which take into consideration all the variables affecting the weather at that point, such as altitude. This is especially useful in locations with highly dynamic weather patterns and is a great tool for being outdoors.
-View forecast & current conditions for your current location.
-View forecast & current conditions for any location in the United States and Canada by map.
-Save favorite locations to quickly retrieve forecasts for them.
-Animated radar, cloud cover, precipitation & pressure imagery over Google Maps
-Map measuring tool to measure distance and elevation
-Hazardous weather alerts
-Current conditions notification
-Home screen widget
-Light and dark Material themes
-Optimized for tablets
-Android Wear support
An ad-free version of this app is also available:
Please e-mail me below with any bug reports or features requests. Thanks!
Whether you’re a storm tracker or planning for the school day, The Weather Channel app brings the most useful, hyper-localized forecasts, radar maps, conditions, and alerts directly to you.
KNOW THE WEATHER ANYWHERE, RIGHT NOW.
-- Forecasts: Choose hourly, 36-hour, 10-day and weekend forecasts in Celsius or Fahrenheit.
-- Current Weather Conditions: More than temperatures, get “feels like” weather, humidity, dew point, sunrise, sunset, wind speed, UV index, visibility and barometric pressure.
-- Weather Maps: Fast-loading radar maps show past and future radar. Map layers show road or satellite views, water temperature, wind speeds, snow cover, and more.
-- Customizable push alerts
-- Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with NWS notifications of severe weather, and know the moment tornado and severe storm watches and warnings are issued.
-- Breaking News Alerts: Keep informed with national weather news updates.
-- Rain Alerts: Avoid getting surprised by the rain with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning rain reports for your favorite locations.
-- Pollen Alerts: Know the pollen counts near you. We’ve got your back, if not the tissues.
To configure your alerts, go to the settings menu and select sign-up.
DIVE DEEP INTO YOUR WEATHER
-- Hurricane Tracking: Follow the path of tropical storms and hurricanes, and see their projected paths.
-- Social Weather: Take pictures and share the amazing weather you experience, plus report it directly to us. Your reports help others track approaching weather. Geeky? Yes, and proud.
-- 24/7 Remote Temps: Populate your notification bar with the current temperatures of your favorite locations worldwide.
-- Weather Widgets: We have widgets available in 1x1, 2x2, 1x4 and 4x4. You’re welcome.
-- Seasonal Tools: Our pollen counts, airport delays module, and beach & boat planner help you keep your plans in harmony with the day’s weather. (MOBILE DEVICES ONLY)
-- Weather News: From severe storms to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up-to-date.
-- Weather Videos: Local forecasts, climate change news, and everything in between, all streamed in HD.
-- Sleek Interface: Easy to use and beautiful in its simplicity.
-- Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions. Did you notice?
-- Love For Android Tablets: The best weather app and widgets are optimized for Android Tablets.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA:
All the weather, wherever you go: find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter @weatherchannel. After all, #ItsAmazingOutThere
We’re always looking to improve our app and appreciate your feedback. So please rate, review, and +1 us in the Google Play Store. If you have suggestions, submit them to http://feedback.weather.com
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional upgrades are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!
Ahora disponible en español.
• Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
• Audible siren when NOAA issues a Tornado warning for any of your monitored locations letting you know when it’s time to go to your safe room plus an all-clear alert when the warning expires (Note: Alerts' sounds will NOT override if phone is on vibrate or in sleep mode)
• Simple step-by-step instructions to help you know what-to-do even if the cell towers and TVs are down. Prioritized actions for before, during, and after requires no mobile connectivity
• Help distant friends and family in tornado alley with ability to receive tornado watch and warning alerts based on their location from NOAA
• Red Cross location-based open shelters map for when you need it most
• Be ready should a tornado hit by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation
• Reduce your household’s stress and anxiety should a tornado hit by learning to make and practice an emergency plan
• Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your tornado knowledge
• Know how many tornadoes have occurred in your area
• Know the difference between a watch and a warning
• Learn how to deal with food and water impacted by floods and power outages
• Simply let friends/family know you’re safe with customizable “I’m Safe” notification sharable thru social media, text and email
• Let others know where you are with the Toolkit’s strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions
Copyright © 2013-2014 The American National Red Cross
This app provides forecasts, animated radar, hourly forecast, and current conditions, all in an intuitive and easy to use interface. Just the information you need, provided accurately, quickly, and for your exact location.
★ "A no-nonsense approach to show weather data on your phone, but done well and great looking" - Android Central
This app uses NOAA point forecasts from your GPS location to get the most localized weather available. Point forecasts are great for climbing, hiking, skiing, or any outdoor activity where weather from a nearby city isn't accurate enough.
GPS on the phone will provide the most accurate location, but usually isn't needed. Nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi networks can also provide this information, and will be checked first to save time and battery. You can also enter a location manually.
To provided highly localized forecasting, this app uses point forecasts from the National Weather Service (NOAA/NWS), and is therefore only available in the US.
If there is severe weather you will see a red warning icon in the corner of the current conditions icon. You can press this icon for more details. This app currently does NOT support severe weather alerts or notifications. NOAA is providing this service directly through cell carriers. You can read more about the service at http://www.noaa.gov/features/03_protecting/wireless_emergency_alerts.html.
There are also several differently sized widgets available which can be placed on your homescreen to provide some basic weather information, without the need to open the app.
Forecast discussion is available through the menu button.
This app requires your location to provide you with the most accurate weather. This is fundamental to how the app works. You can still add manual locations as well if you prefer.
This permission is required by Google Maps so that it can cache map tiles for faster loading. It sounds like the app is doing something with your photos or media, but it is not. The permission means that the app has permission to access your files (which includes photos and media), but does not mean they are actually being accessed. It is a subtle but important distinction. Contact me if you have further questions about this.
These are the non-simplified permissions as listed in the Android manifest:
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" (location access listed above)
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE" (check for network connection)
android.permission.INTERNET" (download weather)
android.permission.VIBRATE" (for zoom feedback on old radar)
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" (this is Photos/Media/Files listed above)
com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES" (required by google maps)
FAQ (Frequently asked questions):
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any further questions or problems.
This is the ad supported free version of NOAA Weather. You are also limited to 3 saved locations. Upgrade to remove ads and this restriction.
NOAA Weather on Facebook
Beta Channel (for newest features)
Weatherproof your day for free with these features:
• AccuWeather MinuteCast® – minute-by-minute precipitation forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address or GPS location. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation. Available for the contiguous United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Japan, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and a growing list of global locations.
• MinuteCast widget now available. Also available, homescreen widget displaying two-day forecasts with severe weather warnings for your GPS location and a time clock. Resizable, multi-location widgets also available with even more weather detail.
• For worldwide locations, when AccuWeather forecasts snow, ice, rain, wind, or the probability of thunderstorms, you’ll see an orange exclamation point displayed within the location’s current and 15-day screens.
• Push notifications for severe weather alerts in the United States.
• Radar for all of North America and Europe, and worldwide satellite overlaying interactive Google Maps™ with a snapshot view of the maps for your saved locations.
• Current news and weather videos, with many available in both English and Spanish.
• Social media sharing so you can share your location’s current conditions, hourly, or 15-day forecasts using the social media apps you have on your device.
You also get the accurate, local weather forecasts and customization you expect from AccuWeather:
• Accurate and local forecasts for every latitude/longitude on Earth. Forecasts update every 15 minutes with information for the next 15 days – all in 33 languages and dialects.
• Current weather conditions update every 15 minutes with the very latest humidity and precipitation percentages, dew point, visibility, UV index, wind speed gusts and direction, times for sunrise and sunset, and RealFeel® – AccuWeather’s exclusive weather forecasting system that analyzes multiple weather factors to determine how the local temperature actually feels.
• Local weather forecast summaries that provide an overview of the next five days’ weather forecast along with a description of the most dramatic weather event expected during the five days.
• Status bar on the homescreen displaying the current temperature for your current or home location.
• Ability to store an unlimited amount of locations.
• Choice between metric or imperial units, 12-hour or 24-hour time display, and portrait or landscape view.
Please note: Sunrise and sunset times are found in Daily Details which can be viewed by tapping on daily forecast. Also, AccuWeather Holo Dark and Light widgets display RealFeel® and occupy only the 4x1 space.
Download AccuWeather for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting.
The newly redesigned WeatherBug® app offers real-time, neighborhood-level weather forecasts from our own weather network (the largest in the world). Plus, get the fastest severe weather alerts and exclusive Spark™ lightning proximity alerts that tell you exactly how far away lightning is to you.
And now, introducing the new WeatherBug Home Energy Meter – a beautiful, interactive way to see how much energy is being used to keep you comfortable. Slide the thermostat bar and see how you can make an impact - know your power!
Know Before with these awesome features:
• NEW WeatherBug Home Energy Meter – How hard will your home’s HVAC need to work to keep you comfortable? Find out with the Energy Meter – see the difference a few degrees higher or lower make! Just slide the bar to see projected monthly cost, energy use and carbon footprint!
• Real-Time Pin-Point Forecasts – Weather happens. Depend on the most accurate current, hourly and 10-day weather forecasts for 2.6 million locations worldwide.
• Know Before Weather Alerts – Minutes matter. Get all National Weather Service warnings and watches to stay informed of severe weather conditions at all your current and saved locations. Plus, exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts (DTAs) provide 50% faster warnings to severe weather than the competition!
• Spark Alerts – Unique and beautiful, Spark turns your smartphone into a personal lightning detector. Get minute-by-minute, mile-by-mile lightning proximity alerts!
• Enhanced Interactive Map – “See” the weather through multiple layers, like Doppler radar, humidity, pressure, wind speed, high/low forecast, traffic, satellite imaging and more!
• Live Weather Cams – View live images from over 2,000 weather cameras across the U.S. to get a better picture of the weather at destinations near and far.
• Live Traffic Cams – Avoid traffic headaches. Our live traffic cams help you see driving conditions before you get jammed.
• Lifestyle Forecasts – Do I run outside or go to the gym? Should I cancel this weekend’s BBQ? Our Lifestyle Forecasts identify and analyze specific weather conditions to advise you how best to stay comfortable and have fun!
• Weekend/Weekday Section – Get helpful at-a-glance summaries of weekday and weekend weather!
• Photos Section – View amazing photos from WeatherBug users! Come see what others are sharing and enjoy the scenery. You can even share your own photos right from your device. Share your moments with millions of WeatherBug users!
• Weather News – Get “News of the Day” and other breaking weather stories from the WeatherBug Meteorology team to stay up-to-date on the weather around you.
• Hurricane Center – Get the latest info on hurricanes, investigate past hurricanes and track current hurricanes as they happen!
• Conditional Backgrounds – Quickly find out if the day will be clear, cloudy or rainy at a glance!
Be prepared. Know Before™. Download the app used and loved by millions, voted the “Best Weather App Ever” and trusted as a “Best App for Moms” - WeatherBug!
Earth Networks, Taking the Pulse of the Planet®!
The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With severe weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires. Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 100,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Hazard Reports allow users to share dangerous road conditions in their area
- Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
- Choose Light or Dark mode
- Customize your experience by sliding the weather information up and down
- Switch between Best Forecast™ & NWS Forecast
- National Weather Service Radio
- Health Card: Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health Tile.
- Widgets: Choose between 7 new customizable widgets (transparency, font color)
- Push notifications: Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts (Polygonal based alerting)
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
eWeather HD has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weather archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• 15 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update only,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive.
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
Weather & Clock Widget for Android comes with different widget sizes, 2x1, 4x1, 4x2 and 4x3 for normal screens, and 5x1, 5x2 and 5x3 for large screens and tablets.
Weather & Clock Widget for Android supports a wide range of Android phones; it supports Android Version 2.3 and higher.
- Provides current weather condition and five days weather forecast
- 10-Day and Hourly Weather with precipitation
- Sunrise and Sunset time
- Atmospheric pressure with different units
- Temperature in status bar
- Share weather and location information with friends.
- Home screen widgets, 5x3, 5x2, 5x1 for large screen only and 4x3, 4x2, 4x1 and 2x1 for all screens.
- Searches for all cities in the world by country and city or zip code
- Ability to set your internet source to Wi-Fi only
- Ability to disable internet access from operators while you are in roaming
- Ability to set your preferred temperature unit, Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Automatic update intervals are: 30 minutes,1, 3, 6, 9, 12 hours and Manual update.
- Auto location detection
- Up to 10 different locations
- Weather map with ability to add any city to your city list
- Notification alerts (with option to disable it)
- Moon phase
- UV Index and Dew Point
- Available in: English, Dansk, Deutsch, Ελληνικά, Български, Suomi, Norsk Bokmål, Nederlands, Slovenčina, Slovenščina, Svenska, Română, العربية, كوردى, ئۇيغۇرچە, Français, Hrvatski, Türkçe, Čeština, Español, Català, Italiano, Português, Magyar, Македонски, Pусский, Українська, Қазақ тілі, Polski, Português(Brasil), Српски, Lietuvių, հայերեն, Indonesia, Việt, 日本語, 中文 (简体), 中文 (繁體), 한국어.
For any questions or issues, please visit FAQ page at: http://www.devexpert.net/weather
* Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
This reliable, award winning weather app, offers unrivalled, high-quality, detailed information including:
• 3-hourly forecasts for the week ahead including temperature, wind direction and speed, air pressure, precipitation amount and probability and relative humidity
• View forecast as a graph for an alternative, easy to read outlook
• Worldwide alerts and warning levels for extreme weather
• Global satellite and animated radar for the USA, Australia and much of Europe
• Unlimited favourite locations plus “My location” to automatically show the weather where you are
• Connection to your personal weather stations, in partnership with Netatmo
• NEW: WeatherPro and wearable technology! Connection to your smartwatch (requires Android Wear)
• Additional features: Weather photo, Weather news, Weather reports for over 2 million locations worldwide
• Customizable Widgets (choose your own colour, size, transparency, location, gradient etc.), Live Wallpaper with current weather images and App2SD compatibility
• Explore the benefits of MeteoGroup’s other apps by connecting directly to the 3D globe on MeteoEarth and our severe weather app AlertsPro!
• NO adverts
Already the most comprehensive weather app on the market, WeatherPro also has a Premium subscription option which takes the service to an even more advanced level. WeatherPro Premium offers everything found on the standard app plus:
• Hourly forecasts for 2 weeks ahead
• Windtheme: Windtheme helps users find the optimum wind conditions, by changing the entire interface of WeatherPro to show a central focus on wind data.
• Stunning, high resolution weather maps with multiple layers of advanced weather information including precipitation type radar in Europe, radar forecasts, heat maps, lightning strikes and cloud cover forecasts.
• Ski Weather for over 900 resorts in 17 countries and Beach Weather with UV Index and water temperatures for the Mediterranean, Caribbean and other popular holiday destinations.
• And more…
The extensive list of standard and Premium features has simply got too long to list here so, for full details, please visit www.weatherpro.eu. One subscription covers Premium services on WeatherPro, MeteoEarth and AlertsPro.
For status updates please follow @WeatherPro.
WeatherPro is one of the few weather apps to be developed by true weather professionals – find out more about MeteoGroup, Europe’s largest independent weather company at www.meteogroup.com.
Prepare for your day with the most accurate hourly, 5-day, and 10-day forecasts. Stunning Flickr photos match your location, time of day, and current conditions.
- Get all the details: wind, pressure, and chance of precipitation.
- See animated sunrise, sunset, wind, and pressure modules.
- Browse interactive maps: radar, satellite, heat, and snow.
- Track all your favorite cities and destinations!
- Scroll down for detailed weather information.
- Tap the plus sign to add up to 20 cities.
- Swipe left-to-right to move between locations.
- Submit your photos to Yahoo Weather by joining #projectweather on Flickr.
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gorgeous and realistic animations of weather conditions
- See at a glance the next weather condition change
- Updated continuously
- Accurate hourly forecasts for the next 10 days
- Fast, beautiful and simple to use
- Detailed forecasts on rain, ice, snow, fog, wind, storm, dew point, UV index, humidity, pressure
- Highest and lowest historical values
- Satellite and radar map animations
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- Live Wallpaper
- Weather in notification area and temperature in status bar
- Great widget for your home screen
And it’s all free.
Try it now !
Cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin and all the others!
• Quickly view an HD animated doppler weather radar for anywhere in the contiguous United States.
• Check the current temperature and other weather conditions in any U.S. city.
• Read the latest alerts and hazardous weather discussion from the NOAA NWS in your area.
• Weather radar, alerts, and forecast all come directly from your local NOAA NWS office.
• Forecasts from the NOAA NWS are some of the most accurate available.
Whether you want to know when it will rain, or you need to know how strong the storms are on the horizon and which direction they're moving, install the Radar Express weather radar app on your mobile phone or tablet now.
Radar Express is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration or the National Weather Service. It is an unofficial app.
The Weather app is specifically designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible. With just one click you receive the weather condition in your status bar at your current location.
The climate state is gorgeously animated so that you can almost experience it, seeing how the weather comes alive.
The app is using Weather Underground as a data channel and the live updates are really tiny so that you would not use up your data cap.
- Weather supports geo-positioning, retrieving the latest weather conditions for your current location
- An option to manually add your location
- Full support for Android TV
- Add and track the weather conditions in multiple locations
- Weather is one of the most lightweight weather apps on Google Play!
- Animated weather conditions - see how the weather comes alive!
- Widgets for different locations
- Hourly and weekly forecasts
- Intuitive, seamless user interface
- Support for the lock screen widget in Android 4.2
- Weather benefits all known screen resolutions
- Offers quality support for Android devices - from Android 1.5 to Android 5.0
- Tap on the temperature to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- You can allow and disable the notifications
- Choose by yourself what will be the next feature of Weather! Leave a comment or send us an e-mail and help us make Weather the best app of its kind.
Get in touch with us and follow the latest news regarding our apps:
This app runs in the background and monitors the official National Weather Service (NWS) alerts for your area. New alerts will appear on the status bar, and by selecting it, you can read the details.
You can also choose how urgent of a notification to get, based on the NWS Severity. An Extreme alert coming through? Then you'd probably like vibrate, lights AND bell for that! But a simple Wind Warning? Probably not as much. You can choose the level of response in the preferences.
Pro Weather Alert has all of the features of Simple Weather Alert, and more!
+ No ads.
+ Monitor multiple locations, each with an intuitive name you set.
+ See the details and instructions of all alerts for all areas.
+ See where around you the alerts are using the Alert Map. No more wondering if you're driving into or out of bad weather.
+ Choose how to be notified (lights, bell, vibrate), and decide which alerts will override your phone silence settings.
+ Sort and Filter the alerts in the list, by severity or location.
+ Two alert levels (“emergency” and “urgent”) are customizable, in case you want lights, bell, and vibrate for extreme alerts, and just lights for severe alerts. All other weather alerts will give a simple notice on the action bar.
+ Individually select which NWS alerts you want to be considered "Emergency" or "Urgent"
+ Alerts keep updated automatically as long as you have connectivity
+ Find your alert location by GPS or network location, and have alerts follow your phone as you move.
+ An app widget added to your home screen allows for easy on/off toggling of lights, vibrate and sound settings. The alerts will still be checked and put on your status bar though, so you can keep an eye on it during class or church, without it causing distraction. You can also toggle the location following feature to save battery when not driving.
+ Key words and phrases list. Create a list of words or phrases, and when an alert is received that contains those words or phrases, it will be marked in the alerts list with an icon, and the phrases will be highlighted when you read the alert details.
+ Email an alert to friends or send via text message (**requires Contacts List permission**), so they can be warned as well.
+ Post your alert to our Facebook wall or Twitter feed! This is especially useful for non-weather alerts, such as Child Abduction Emergencies.
+ Change your alert polling times to maximize battery life.
+ Constant alerting annoying? You can now mute repeated alerts so those busy storm nights don't un-necessarily alert you.
NOTE: Do *NOT* use RAM or memory clearing apps. It will disable this app and you will not receive alerts.
You can view the app manual here or in the app:
An explanation of permissions: The SMS and Contacts List permission are required so you can send an alert to someone via text message. The contacts list permission allows for easier selecting of the number.
IMPORTANT: While we take all possible precautions to make sure this app will get you critical alerts on time, the unforseen can still occur, as well as simple cell/network outages. Thus, we do not recommend that you ever rely on this app ALONE for tornado warnings. Please use this app along with other methods to ensure you are alerted in time.
NOTE: If you are certain the app is not sending you the alerts it should, please use Menu:Troubleshooting to send us debug info about it so we can work to resolve it quickly.
If you run into any other issues with this app or have questions, send us a note in the Menu:Troubleshooting screen. Also, visit the developers blog on our website for a list of current issues we are addressing.