*** Easy way of testing of visual acuity, near reading vision, macular function and color vision ***
*** Portable eye charts, near vision reading chart, amsler grid, color testing plates and astigmatic testing chart ***
*** Also available on iPad and iPhone ***
eyeTests can be used by patients to easily monitor their own eye conditions.
It also helps eye care clinicians including general practitioners, ophthalmologists, optometrists, opticians, medical and optometry students in testing and recording visual acuity, color deficiency and macular function.
************* Easy-to-use projector style eye chart *******************
Test your vision using a flexible projector style eye chart.
Easily adjustable viewing distances for distance and near.
Test your eye sight using letters, tumbling E or pictures (for children)
E-mail your results to yourself or to your clinician
************* Monitor Macular function with Amsler Grid **************
Monitor your macular function using a standard Amsler grid.
Draw any abnormalities in your macular vision on the grid using your finger.
E-mail your Amsler grid pictures to yourself or to your clinician.
************* Color vision test *********************
Test your color vision with pseudoisochromatic color deficiency test.
Free hand drawing on to color plates to outline what you see.
E-mail or print any abnormalities to your clinician.
************* Near vision reading test **************
Tests your ability to read texts close up. Good for vision screening for kids and for testing presbyopia. Tests near vision acuity from N18 up to N5.
** Additional tools
For clinicians, you can maintain children fixation with high contrast cartoon images.
********** Want an easy way to store eye test results? ********
Please look for ***eyePatients*** App in App Store, it is the most easy-to-use system for managing clinical data relating to eye health.
Do you want to keep a record of your own eye health? Look for *** eyeDiary*** on App Store. It is great for keeping eye health information for patients and also includes a free eye drops reminder!
Note eyeTests is not a substitute for full ophthalmic examination by an optometrist or ophthalmologist.
Please visit my blog http://georgekongsoftwares.weebly.com/ for latest information and tips on how to use this App.
Key words: eye test, eye exam, eye chart, ophthalmology, optometry, macular, glasses, vision, glaucoma, cataract, diabetes, retina, stroke
eyeTests is Copyright© 2011 by Dr Yu Xiang George Kong MBBS BMedSci PhD
Updated for Android 4.0 devices
**Tested on HDPI screen (Samsung Captivate) and works.
**MDPI and LDPI screens do not display Snellen and Pupil Chart correctly. Will update in the future
- Visual Acuity Test
- Astigmatism Test
- Contrast Sensitivity Test
- Duochrome Acuity Test
- Red Desaturation Test
- Color Blindness Test
- Color Arrangement Test (coming soon)
Vision tests are useful for:
- Patients with blurred or distorted vision
- Patients with blurred vision at night
- Patients that have eye strains or chronic headaches or fatigue
- Patients that have normal visual acuity, but still experience fuzzy, cloudy vision
- Patients who have memorized the office chart
- House visits
- Household tests for adults who have doubts if a doctor's visit is required
- Household tests for children
- Schools, kindergartens, universities or offices for monitoring
- Patients with macular degeneration (usually instructed to monitor their vision daily)
- Nursing homes
15+ Eye and Vision Trainings are to relax your eye muscles, make them stronger, improve blood circulation and reduce fatigue.
We recommend to set up training schedule at least for working days and give 3-5 minutes to your eye training.
- Random test charts to eliminate boring and repeating experiences;
- Voice controls to help you navigate easier;
- Smooth and intuitive interface with animations;
- Snellen chart
- LogMAR chart
- Golovin–Sivtsev table
- Landolt C known also as Japanese Vision Test
- Tumbling E chart.
This application is not intended to replace optician's regular full examination.
We recommend you get a full eye exam after using it.
Trainings are not guaranteed to give perceptible/substantial results.
The Eye Handbook is a smartphone diagnostic and treatment reference tool for anyone involved in Eye care. Below is a list of some of the common features.
-Audio, Video downloads
-Ophthalmology and Optometry Journals
-Medication and Pharmacopeia
-Patient Education tools
If you have content that you would like to contribute; please contact us at email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We are constantly striving to improve this application and welcome your feedback.
The Eye Handbook Team
Son hojas de cálculo, aplicaciones, documentos, imágenes, etc que pretenden servir de ayuda o guía para los casos en los que están diseñados, ya sea en contactología, biometrías, cálculo de lentes intraoculares, optometría clínica, etc y deben utilizarse como objeto de consulta puntual, quedando en el personal clínico que hace uso de ellos la responsabilidad de utilizarlos profesionalmente según sus conocimientos científicos. No son aplicaciones para el uso común entre pacientes, por lo que su uso no está aconsejado si no tiene pleno dominio técnico sobre la materia y está completamente formado en estas áreas clínicas.
- ¡6 programas en 1!
- Todos los cálculos matemáticos que puedes necesitar para adaptar lentes de contacto.
- "Distometría" ajusta la graduación de gafas o foróptero, a lentes de contacto.
- Calcula la distometría real, sin redondeos, para una mayor precisión en todo el rango dioptrico. También calcula el equivalente esférico, para aquellos casos con bajos astigmatismos.
- "Sobre-refracción" calcula la potencia de la lente de contacto final que debes probar en una adaptación, partiendo de la graduación inicial y la sobre-refracción obtenida.
- "Cálculo Radio RPG" determina el radio base de la 1ª lente de contacto RPG de prueba para la adaptación de lentes de contacto rígidas permeables al gas, segúnpotencia, astigmatismo y queratometría.
- "Conversor Radio - Dioptrías".
- "Astigmatismo Corneal" calcula el astigmatismo corneal a partir de los radios queratométricos
- "Prismas" combina 2 prismas oblicuos situados en un solo ojo para dar el prisma resultante en potencia y orientación.
Además, permite calcular la distribución prismática binocular para repartir el prisma entre ambos ojos y mantener el mismo efecto prismático.
Ahora también lleva la corrección para la suma de 2 prismas de alta potencia (superior a 10Δ)
- ATENCIÓN: los datos ofrecidos por esta aplicación no son suficientes para adaptar lentes de contacto, siempre será necesario el trabajo de un profesional de la visión. En cualquier caso, el profesional debe estar capacitado para entender y saber utilizar los datos que esta app proporciona; Es sólo una ayuda para el profesional competente.
- Esta aplicación está diseñada para profesionales, si tienes alguna duda, ¡consulta a tu optometrista!
http://goo.gl/afsIs (sorry, only spanish)
- 6 programs in 1!
- Check out the Spanish version: "CONTACTOLOGIA"
- All the mathematical calculations you may need to work with contact lenses.
- "Distometer" converts glasses or phoropter refraction to contact lens.
- Calculates the real distometer without rounding, for maximum accuracy at any refractive power. Also includes spherical equivalent calculation, for those low astigmatism patients
- "Over-Refraction" calculates the power of the final toric contact lens to be adapted, based on the initial refraction and the over-refraction
- "RGP Curve Calculator" calculates the initial base curve radius of the first lens rgp lens fittings according to power, astigmatism and keratometry.
- "Radio - Diopter converter".
- "Corneal astigmatism" calculates the corneal astigmatism from the corneal radius.
- "PRISMS!" calculates the combination of two prisms oriented at different angles in one eye, to obtain the resultant prism.
- It also displays the binocular prismation independly in each eye to achieve the same prismatic effect.
- "ONE PRISM IN FRONT OF EACH EYE - ADJUSTMENT"
- This option adjust the total prism power when different prisms are used at both eyes; It's highly recommended to use this option in high power prisms (over 10Δ)
- When using this option, you must combine the prisms to obtain the same prismatic effect; power nor axis vector calculation are calculated.
- Data offered by this app are not enough for contact lens fitting, you need the professional eye care work.
- This App is designed for professionals, if you have any questions, ask your optometrist!
FEATURES: Definitions in "plain English," easy to understand. Entry terms identified by a category (drug, surgical procedure, etc.). Mini-definitions within definitions (you don't need to chase down a cross-reference), Common misspellings in the alphabetical listings, so you don't need to spell a word correctly to find it. Also powerful dynamic search tools and a handy "recent" list of your most recently looked-up terms.
A simple quick reference--for medical and optometric students, ophthalmology residents, nurses, secretaries, receptionists, sales reps.
From Triad, a trusted leader in ophthalmic and medical information for more than 30 years.
Ophthalmology is a fully-featured flash card app that includes:
+ Main Deck
+ Faves Deck
+ Ignore Feature
+ Shuffle Ability
+ Choice of Primary Side
+ Search Feature
+ Beautiful, Easy-to-Use Interface
Individual cards can be added to or removed from a built-in "Faves Deck" at any time. Use the "Faves Deck" to study only the cards that really give you trouble.
Cards can also be "ignored." If you've mastered a card, just add it to the "Ignore List."
Both the "Main Deck" and the "Faves Deck" can be shuffled at any point.
You can also select which side of the card (front or back) you want as the primary side.
There's also a search feature and a complete index!
The "Flip" button really flips the card (just like a real flash card!) and the arrows can be used to navigate to cards within a deck.
Perfect for ophthalmologists, optometrists, doctors, paramedics, nurses, medical students or anyone interested in medicine!
Download Ophthalmology today because your education can't wait!
Keywords: clinical, medicine, eye, optometry, ophthalmologist, drug, disease, retina, cornea, lens, iris, pupil
Professional Clinical Tools for Android is a professional mobile toolkit for practitioners such as optometrists, ophthalmologists, neurologists, medical doctors, optometric technicians, nurses, EMTs, medical assistants, and other healthcare providers. This app contains high-resolution basic clinical testing tools in one convenient location, and is reasonably priced compared to their printed optometry counterparts. These tools are very useful for screening purposes, but are not necessarily recommended for final diagnosis. There are no advertisements, unnecessary text, and each tool automatically adjusts to an appropriate brightness. Rock-solid performance, a minimalistic interface, and snappy responsiveness ensure efficiency while interacting with patients. A quick reference category is useful for classifying conditions such as high cholesterol, diabetic retinopathy, and hypertension as well as converting values for contact lens fits. Free lifetime updates and copies for all your Android devices. All tools are contained within the app, so an Internet connection is not required. Your privacy is secure because this app does not require any special permissions and does not collect any information. Here is what is included:
• Accommodative Target
• Amsler Grid, No Lines
• Amsler Grid, With Lines
• Anaglyph 3D Test
• Aniseikonia Test with Maddox Rod
• Astigmatism Clock
• Cobalt Blue Fluorescein Light
• Contrast Sensitivity
• FCC, Fused Cross Cylinder
• Maddox Rod Target
• Modified Thorington, Horizontal
• Modified Thorington, Vertical
• Near Target, Sample Text
• Red Desaturation
• Red Free Illuminator
• Snellen E
• Visual Acuity, Basic Shapes
• Worth 4 Dot
• 28 Ishihara Color Vision Plates
• 9 Colorful illustrations with multiple sound effects to direct children’s attention
• Bear, Cat, Cow, Dog, Elephant, Frog, Monkey, Pig, Rooster
• Accommodative Rock, Red Blue
• Accommodative Rock, Red Green
• DEM Test A
• DEM Test B
• DEM Test C
• Hart Chart
• Letter Tracking Test and Answers
• Pursuits & Saccades, Level 1
• Pursuits & Saccades, Level 2
• Pursuits & Saccades, Level 3
• Pursuits & Saccades, Level 4
Reference for Doctors
• Age Appropriate Add
• Cholesterol Classifications
• Diabetes Glucose Control Standards
• Diabetic Retinopathy Classification Guidelines
• Diabetic Retinopathy Risk Table
• Duane White Classifications
• Egger's Chart
• Gas Permeable Contact Lens Conversion Chart
• Hypertension Guidelines
• Morgan's Norms
• Prism Rx Considerations
Patient Education (Eye Disease Simulations)
• Absolute Central Scotoma
• Age Related Macular Degeneration
• Color Vision Defect
• Diabetic Retinopathy
• Ghosted Vision
• Halos and Starburst
• Loss of Contrast
• Retinal Detachment
• Retinitis Pigmentosa
DISCLAIMER: This app is intended for informational purposes only and not for the diagnosis, treatment, or cure of any medical condition or illness. The app should not be used as a substitute for professional medical care or interpretation. Ossibus Software and its writers are not responsible or liable for the use or misuse of the information contained in this app.
Designed and tested on the Nexus 7 tablet. Email Ossibus Software for suggestions and errors. This app is the full version and free of advertisements. If you enjoy this app, check out our other apps on Google Play! To continue development, we need your support by giving it a "5" Star rating and telling your friends. Thank you!
-Stay up to date with the current issue of Optometric Management
-View upcoming meetings in the profession
-Learn the Management Tip of the Week
-Contact the Optometric Management team
-Sign up for our e-mail newsletters
Dynamic links between terms allow easy navigation, and a search function makes finding relevant information fast.
Topics covered include ocular anatomy and physiology, optics, ocular pathology, clinical techniques, visual perception and psychophysics, low vision, dispensing and orthoptics.
The trial version is fully functional and does not expire, but contains adverts and a short delay when accessing definitions
Download this free app to:
• Access your purchased eBooks online, or download them for offline use
• Search and browse across all AAO eBook titles
• Customize your learning with easy highlighting, note-taking and bookmarking
• Quickly find relevant images and videos
• Participate in activities that provide opportunities for earning continued medical education (CME) credits (select titles only, see individual publications for more information)
Academy publications are written and reviewed by expert ophthalmologists and are designed to help you improve patient outcomes and practice efficiency. Academy eBooks must be purchased from the Academy before they can be accessed via the app. First, download this app to your device, then visit www.aao.org/store to make your purchase. Return to the Academy eBook app anytime you want to read your eBooks.
About the Academy:
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is the world's largest association of eye physicians and surgeons — Eye M.D.s — with more than 32,000 members worldwide. Eye health care is provided by the three "O's" – ophthalmologists, optometrists, and opticians. It is the ophthalmologist who has the education and training to treat it all: eye diseases, infections and injuries, and perform eye surgery. Ophthalmologists provide comprehensive eye care, ranging from optical to medical to surgical.
The mission of the Academy is to advance the lifelong learning and professional interests of ophthalmologists to ensure that the public can obtain the best possible eye care.
Academy members are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for every individual they treat by helping each to see his or her best and by protecting their patients' vision and eye health throughout life. Academy members are committed to responding compassionately to their patients' individual needs and to advancing the highest standards of comprehensive eye care.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Keywords: AAO, American Academy of Ophthalmology, BCSC, Basic and Clinical Science Course
AMD is a leading cause of vision loss in the U.S. It destroys the macula, the part of the eye that provides sharp, central vision needed for seeing objects clearly. Prevalence estimates are on late AMD, involving neovascular AMD and geographic atrophy.
The Amsler Grid is a powerful method to diagnose AMD. It is an easy and convenient eye test that can be carried on at any place to monitor changes in your vision. It helps to detect many problems early, while they may still be treatable, such as retinal detachments and central serous choroidopathy.
It is recommended that individuals with macular degeneration test their eyes with the Amsler Grid daily. If any changes are noted, you should contact your optometrist immediately.
* Interactive: Allows you to interactively draw distorted areas of the grid.
* Audio: Guided through a set of audio instructions for low visioned.
* Store: Stores the results on the device and keeps record of them.
* Email: Functionality to email the patterns is provided.
* Size: A lightweight app that will not create or leave files on your device.
* Completely Free and No Advertisements!
NOTE: PLEASE READ BEFORE TAKING THE TEST
1. Make sure your vision supplements are worn and are comfortable.
2. Maintain normal distance with the grid.
3. Take the test one eye at a time by closing the other eye with your palm.
4. Focus on the Blinking dot for few seconds.
5. Go through the audio instructions and mark the appropriate lines,edges and blurred areas.
6. Save the results and repeat the test with your other eye.
7. Inform your doctor if abnormalities are detected.
8. Take the every day regularly.