Stay in touch like never before!
• Quick and easy setup
• Instant messaging and presence
• Chat/texting (with other Globalinx UC users only)
• Crystal clear calling with high quality video
• Mute and hold call functions
• Call Forward (forward calls to another number when you’re unable to receive a call)
• E911 service
• Bluetooth headset support
Improve your mobile computing experience.
Simple and fast.
**Before running the application configuration is required.
SETTING: Settings->More..->Tethering & portable hotspot->Set up Wi-Fi hotspot
Rename or secure your portable hotspot
You can change the name of your phone's Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and secure its Wi-Fi network when it's acting as a portable hotspot.
Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > More > Tethering & portable hotspot.
Make sure Portable Wi-Fi hotspot is checked.
Touch Configure Wi-Fi hotspot.
The Configure Wi-Fi hotspot dialog opens.
Set your name and security options as follows:
Change the Network
TO USE: Just touch Portable Wi-Fi hotspot icon on / off
*Subscribing to smartphone data plan is needed for users of some telecommunication firms.
You can connect from any computers or tablets or even game console. Access Point is infrastructure mode with WPA2 security. FoxFi usage is covered under the same phone data plan you have and no tether plan needed. This saves you $20/month from your carrier.
Currently WiFi mode may not support some phone models and we are working to expand the supported list. However Bluetooth/USB mode works for all phones. To check and see if WiFi mode can be supported on your phone visit http://foxfi.com/devices
Again you do NOT need a tether plan or root your phone (otherwise you do not need our software). It WiFi mode prompts you to call your carrier that means FoxFi has failed and you should use USB mode or Bluetooth mode instead.
*If you have T-mobile, you should use USB mode with "Hide Tether Usage" enabled.
*Sprint and AT&T has blocked the original FoxFi from Market. If you get error installing please use the second link from http://pdanet.co/android
*Starting from Android 4.1 carriers have locked-down the WiFi hotspot feature on most phones, to work around that FoxFi will ask you to install a "FoxFi certificate" on those phones. The side effect is that Android system will require you to set a screen lock when any security settings is changed. For some models there may be a way to remove the lock screen while keeping the certificate. Please see details at http://pdanet.co/wifi
-- Android 4.4 will also show a warning message that says "Your network usage may be monitored" as a result of installing the "FoxFi Certificate". You can safely ignore this warning because the FoxFi certificate can not be used outside of turning on hotspot.
-- If the screen lock or the monitor warning bothers you, you can actually remove the "FoxFi certificate" as soon as WiFi hotspot is ready (the certificate, as well as the VPN, is only needed during the "turning on" period). See steps below.
--To remove the FoxFi certificate, select "Clear Credentials" from phone security Settings (this removes ONLY the FoxFi certificate, all the stocked certificates will stay). If "Clear Credentials" is disabled, open the list of certificates and select the "User" tab, then open the FoxFi Certificate and scroll down to remove. Only after that your phone will allow you to set screen lock to "None".
*AT&T Galaxy/Note phones: WiFi mode is now blocked if you updated to 4.3. Please use USB/BT mode.
*The free version has a usage limit that requires you to restart FoxFi to continue using free mode. You can purchase the full version key to unlock this.
Here are some tips to help your usage:
1. On some models if you run into WiFi problem after using the Hotspot, simply reboot your phone and rename the hotspot before activating to clear the issue.
2. For some Samsung phones if your computer is not able to get an IP address, try to turn on WiFi on the phone first and make sure it does not connect to any WiFi network, then turn on FoxFi.
3. FoxFi is tested on non-rooted phones. If your phone has a rooted ROM it may or may not work.
4. When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won't be charged.
5. If you enter or change the hotspot password, make sure you rename the hotspot also before activating.
6. Sometimes Windows need a "repair" on the WiFi menu to get a correct IP address.
★ Map view
★ List View
★ "Near Me" locates all nearby XFINITY WiFi hotspots
★ Driving directions
★ Locate hotspots using offline data
★ Create and save a list of your favorite hotspots for easy reference
★ View SMB names where available
★ View location type and category
★ Augmented Reality View (on supported devices)
★ Online only search mode, no offline data required
★ You may now choose to install multiple offline datasets
★ You can now refine search by type, category, or keyword
XFINITY WiFi Hotspots:
XFINITY WiFi has the fastest hotspots available in multiple cities across the country, including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Nashville, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Washington DC, with more locations added frequently.
Welcome to Wi-Fi Finder from Open Mobile! Wi-Fi Finder automatically connects your smartphone to selected public and amenity Wi-Fi networks. Wi-Fi Finder tests available hotspots for quality of experience and will only connect you to the best performing hotspots. Once set-up, WiFi Finder operates in the background – no further user intervention is required.
Wi-Fi Finder gives you:
● Auto-connection to a massive Wi-Fi network with tens of millions of high-quality public hotspots worldwide.
● A handy dashboard tool that lets you track your smartphone data usage.
Wi-Fi Finder from Open Mobile makes connecting to Wi-Fi networks simple and convenient, and makes sure you always have the best possible data experience.
No more complicated Wi-Fi log-ins
Wi-Fi Finder enhances the native Android connection manager by identifying only the best available hotspots and navigating the connection process for you. For example, many public hotspots require a user to launch their device’s browser, find a registration page and tap to accept “Terms & Conditions” before they can get a Wi-Fi connection. But with Wi-Fi Finder from Open Mobile, there are no more hoops to jump through — you’re connected before you even reach for your smartphone.
Best for connections, best for battery life
Wi-Fi Finder is designed to have a negligible impact on battery life compared to an equivalent device that has Wi-Fi enabled. Using Wi-Fi Finder ensures the maximum benefit can be obtained from having Wi-Fi enabled on your device and is strongly recommended.
To learn more about Wi-Fi Finder, head over to our FAQ page
But you still need fast access to people, from wherever you are, at the lowest possible cost.
OpenScape Mobile enhances your communications experience with rich Voice over IP (VoIP) and Video capabilities from your Android device.
Plus it allows you to seamlessly move calls between desk phone, Wi-Fi and cellular.
OpenScape Mobile reduces cellular charges through lower air-time minutes and roaming charges by making and receiving calls over Wi-Fi from your home, a Wi-Fi hotspot or on the corporate Wi-Fi.
With a simple finger gesture, OpenScape Mobile’s call swipe lets you seamlessly move calls from your mobile device to a desktop device, and vice-versa, and from cellular network or the Wi-Fi.
What you can do
OpenScape Mobile works in three modes (depending on the license you purchased):
Gives you access to OpenScape Unified Communications features (also see OpenScape UC)
● Set your user presence status and preferred device or device list
● Be reached on a single published phone number
● See your OpenScape contacts and their presence status
● Manage your OpenScape contacts and place calls to your contacts through your corporate network
● Initiate ad-hoc conferences and join a conference, plus see the conference status
● Activate rules and set time zone, location and status note
● View missed calls in the Journal
● Automatically import credentials from the OpenScape mobile client, if installed and configured
Gives you access to VoIP and Video, plus call transfer, call forwarding and call swipe.
Gives you both UC and VoIP/Video functionality in a single mobile application.
For more information about OpenScape, please visit us at