Become a citizen scientist and help save South Africa's sharks and rays! If you're walking on the beach, fishing, or diving and you see a shark, ray or one of their eggcases (aka mermaid's purses), you can log your sightings here. By submitting these observations, you'll create important data for scientists working to better understand and protect South Africa's marine wildlife.
- easily submit your animal (shark/ray) sightings or eggcase finds
- upload the photos of your sighting
- GPS location plotting enabled to easily submit coordinates of your sighting
- view our leaderboard and previous submissions to see who has been finding what
- consult our eggcase guide to learn how to identify them