De-StressMe brings personalized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and self-care tools to your phone. Now you can manage stress, get stress relief, and improve mental health with the click of a button. And it's free!
De-StressMe has 3 primary features:
1) Education about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and self-care. Every day for 31 days at a time you choose, you will receive a brief, 10 second lesson. Each lesson is designed to be quick and easy to understand allowing you to reflect on the lesson the rest of the day. These lessons also teach you how to use the app more effectively.
2) Stress management and preparation for future stressful situations. You can set self-care goals, reflect on personal strengths, count the positives in your life, write about your day in a Mood Diary, and create coping cards to keep yourself centered and balanced.
3) Stress relief when you need it most. Just click the De-StressMe button and the statements you wrote to manage stress and the questions you answered in the tutorial get transformed and used for relaxation, stress relief, and improved mental health.
Free features include:
• Personalized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy tools to manage stress. Includes over 12 different CBT techniques to center you when you need it most such as distress scales, credit lists, deep breathing and relaxation, imagery techniques, self-care goals, and more.
• 31 high-impact, ten second lessons for learning self-care, coping skills, relaxation techniques, and CBT theories.
• Sections for writing self-care ideas, things you are thankful for, personal strengths and coping cards to keep you centered. These entries are also used to improve the de-stressing tool’s effectiveness to maximize stress relief.
• A mood diary for journaling about your day and mood.
• Reminders to attend to self-care, social supports, and emotional wellness.
• Password entry for your diary with a back-up security question to keep your information secure from prying eyes.
• Suicide hotline number for calling and texting at high stress levels.
• All of your information stays on your phone. De-StressMe does not take data from your phone.
• And most importantly, no Ads! So nothing interferes with you getting your stress relief when you need it.
For a limited time, premium features included free:
• 10+ bonus 10 second lessons based on Acceptance Commitment Therapy.
• Over 35 pre-filled coping cards to help you cope with difficult situations such as problems at work, keeping boundaries around toxic people, and difficult changes in life.
• Over 100 self-care ideas based on embracing your creativity, relaxing, being active, and being social.
• Over 100 statements for giving thanks ranging from simple things to grandiose statements about life and success.
• Over 100 individual strength ideas, inherent and physical strengths.
• The ability to favorite and edit these coping cards, self-care ideas, personal strengths, and affirmations of thanks. This dramatically cuts down on the time you spend typing.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) has been found to be one of the most effective therapies to manage stress, strengthen coping skills, and improve mental health in a myriad of medical and psychological studies. However, therapy is expensive and there are often few options for good therapists in many parts of the world. De-StressMe makes therapy skills available to everyone.
Your feedback is great for helping us achieve our goal of helping the most people. Please rate, comment, and share.
This app should not be used to replace therapy or medication for people with untreated or uncontrolled mental illness. It is not a medical treatment.
De-StressMe provides simple Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), and self-care tools for managing stress, stress relief, and improving mental health.