This app can be used to have your new unread Gmail messages read aloud to you on demand. Listen to your messages when you feel like while keeping your hands free.
Works with all versions of Gmail!
What can the Gmail Reader do?
• Does not rely on the GMAIL app, so it wont break when Gmail updates their application.
• Efficiently fetches all of your unread messages and reads them to you.
• Easily configure the accounts to read.
• Easily configure what to read, like sender name, brief overview or even the full message.
• Filter your unread messages by label.
• Easily map acronyms to their longer meanings (i.e. 'ttyl' can be mapped to 'Talk to you later', etc)
• Can be configured so that shaking the phone will stop reading and exit the application.
• English/Spanish/Czech/German/Swedish/Russian/Italian/Polish/Hungarian localization.
• Use volume keys to navigate through the messages.
• Star or delete messages as you hear them.
• Shortcut included to allow you to hear your messages anytime simply by pressing a button!
Gmail Reader does not create the voices that you hear; they are already installed on your phone and require you to correctly set them up if they sound robotic (TTS Settings). If you are not happy with the current selection of voices that your phone comes pre-installed with, you can find a list of other voices from Gmail Reader's main menu under "More Voices".
If you are looking for something to read new messages as they arrive, then you want Enhanced Gmail Assistant!