GoldenScroller ™ is an Android app that renders and scrolls music scores. It currently supports MusicXML ™ version 3.0/3.1 files, both in plain XML format and compressed format. It parses all necessary MusicXML elements to be able to render the score. It runs on Android tablets and smart phones with at least Android API level 13 (HoneyComb).
This is a free version of the app, but it provides in-app purchases to obtain a full license. The free version loads up to 1 file from the device's local folders, besides the samples and limits transposing to the samples.
The app self-configures to adapt to the graphic characteristics of your device, tablets and smart phones. It also supports vertical and horizontal orientations.
We typically provide frequent free updates and a major release, once a year, to include new features.
- it uses the device characteristics to configure the application.
- it parses *.xml, *.musicxml and *.mxl files from local folders.
- it configures and saves the user's preferences for up to 50 scores.
- it supports transposing and octave shifting. The transposed key and the octave shifting is saved as part of the score preferences and used when the same score is selected.
- it shows the score details, such as title, composer, copyrights and parts.
- it allows selection for rendering of one or more parts.
- it supports the following note name styles: Latin, English, German and Sanskrit, independently of the device's language.
- it provides the parsing details on the log page.
- it corrects some potential problems with MusicXML files, such as lack of some XML elements or wrong measure's width.
- it uses a parser optimized for speed, since these files could be big.
- once installed, it can be used without an internet connection.
- a full license can be purchased from inside the app.
- it supports manual and automatic scrolling of the score.
- it supports automatic scrolling according to the current beat.
- It provides an option to outline the current measure in scrolling mode.
- it supports in and out zooming of the score. The current zoom is saved as part of the score preferences and it's used next time the same score is rendered.
- Optionally, it shows the current beat in automatic model.
- it supports additional debug log options to identify problems.
- Additional features and utilities will be available as time permits.
Please, use the support page on our web site to provide feedback or report any problems with this app.
GoldenScroller is a registered trademark of DornaSoft, LLC,
Check our web page for additional information: http://goldenscroller.com
Please, follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GoldenScroller
The MusicXML site provides additional resources and information about this standard: http://www.musicxml.com/
Thanks for your support!