Start playback and recording remotely in GoldWave using this free app. This is not a stand-alone recording program. It is a remote control program for GoldWave. A licensed copy of GoldWave v6.16 or later is required. Controls include Play, Stop, Rewind, Fast Forward, Skip Back, and Record. Adjust the playback volume and see real-time VU meters on your device. An optional Tilt feature allows control simply by tilting the device.
For transcription work, control playback without having to switch between GoldWave and the word processing program.
For musicians, start recording in GoldWave away from your computer in a studio or on set.
1. A recent device is required with an ARMv7 CPU with NEON. Anything prior to 2012 probably won't work well.
2. The device must be connected to the same local area network as the computer. Cellular networks are not supported.
3. Be sure to enter the same password into GoldWave and into GWRemote. The password can be anything you want.
4. The Windows firewall must allow GoldWave to connect to the device.
5. This app keeps the device's screen on while active.