Introducing the Good e-Reader Audiobook Reader that turns any eBook into an audiobook! This is the first Android app in the world that forgoes the standard text to speech engine and employs Amazon Polly, which is what Alexa is built on. It will read all of your e-Books aloud. While you are reading, the text in the eBook is highlighted in real time, so you can follow along or simply listen on your smartphone or tablet. You can side-load in your own EPUB/MOBI/PRC/FB2 books into your device and choose from over 28 different languages.
Individual audio books sold by companies like Audible, Kobo and Google are expensive; you will pay on average between $25 to $45 per title. If you like to listen to audiobooks while going to sleep or working out, it can become a very expensive habit. Good e-Reader is different, you can load in any ebook and it will be read aloud by the best voice assistant in the world.
Amazon Polly is the premier voice assistant in tech; it is what the Amazon Echo is based on. Polly sounds more natural than SIRI or Google Voice Assistant. Polly is the perfect narration tool for readers who want their books read aloud and don’t want the standard robotic voice that breaks reading immersion. Good e-Reader is the first Android app that employs Polly in this manner.
• Turn any eBook into an audiobook
• Immersion Reading: Text is highlighted when the audiobook is playing.
• Audio Narration available in over 28 different languages and 12 male & female voices.
• Collection Management.
• Dynamic Home Screen: Keeps track of all of your ebooks.
• Built in file manager to import in your favorite Books or use Dropbox or Google drive.
• Supported eBook formats: EPUB, MOBI, PRC, FB2, PDF.
• Bright and Vibrant eBook cover art.
• Customize the way you read. Enjoy crisp, clear text in the size and style you prefer. Try Night Mode to make reading easier on your eyes before bedtime.
• Easy navigation with quick touch actions and a large visual interface.
• High quality mp3 sound.
• A better reading experience than Moon+ Reader, FBREADER, Aldiko, Cool Reader, AlReader, Nook, or Laputa.
WHAT WE’RE LISTENING TO
• Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
• Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
• Artemis by Andy Weir
• The Rooster Bar by John Grisham
• Timeline: A Novel by Michael Crichton
UPGRADE TO PREMIUM
Good e-Reader is a free app and your support allows us to keep on enhancing the app with new features. A one time fee of $9.99 grants you access to:
• Remove all advertisements from the home screen and Audio Player.
• Cloud Storage: Bring your library with you to as many devices as you want, including smartphones and tablets. Your reading position and library is preserved. Load once, read anywhere. Cloud Sync needs access to your Google Drive account.
What languages do you support?
We support Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean,
Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (European), Romanian, Russian,
Spanish, Spanish (Latin American), Swedish, Turkish, Welsh.
Best way to use Amazon Polly?
If you want to use the Polly system I recommend not using it as soon as you load the book, or it will read everything. Click on Chapter 1 from the table of contents or scroll down to a body of text so Polly can begin speaking properly.
So I can sideload in my EPUB or MOBI DRM-Free books and it will be read aloud?
This is a core tenant on why we spent six months developing the Audiobook Reader. We do not want to lock you into a walled garden or give you any restrictions. You can have your books read aloud or you can just read them.
What is Next?
We are working on the app playing in the background when your phone or tablets screen is sleeping. Anyone interested in this functionality please update to PRO to get it done faster.
Learn more about the app - https://audioreader.goodereader.com/