The Good Run Guide GPS App is an easy and intuitive way to accurately track and map your runs and other distance activities and to find great running routes, with all the comprehensive features of The Good Run Guide website behind the scenes. The App can be used stand-alone as an easy means of recording and viewing your runs (tracking distance, pace, elevation, split times and calories burned) and searching and following our database of over 14000 recommended routes. But in addition there is the option to take out full membership whereby each of your activities will be automatically logged in your own non-limited log book on www.GoodRunGuide.co.uk, with access to comprehensive stats. From there you can interact your activities with all the other features of this well-loved, long established Site (launched way back in 2007)
TRACK YOUR RUN – The App will automatically find your location and will track your run using GPS technology.
• Choose between Miles/Km and toggle between these as you wish.
• Pause the workout and resume when you need to
• Splits are automatically recorded every Km/Mile as selected and there is also a manual Splits Button
• There is an option to share your run on Facebook
• Full Members have access to a personal online log book and all the other Good Run Guide Features
VIEW YOUR RUN – your 3 most recent runs are shown in order and your weekly distance totalled. An overview and more details are shown for the last 8 runs
• Your last 3 runs are shown on the home screen together with your weekly totals
• Each run overview shows a snapshot of the route with route name, day run, distance, time and calories
• There is a further details page with route name, distance, pace, time, flat distance equivalent, calories burnt, list of split times with the pace for each Split
• The route name can be easily edited to your own choice
SEARCH AND FOLLOW ROUTES – search our database of over 14000 recommended routes including our own unique UK GOLD routes (full members only)
• Search by current location, place or postcode and view results in list or map view. The distance, climb rate and flat distance equivalent are displayed together with a brief description of the route when available.
• Clicking start displays an interactive map of the route to follow and your run will be recorded and saved.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life