Enable 2-step verification to protect your account from hijacking by adding another layer of security. With 2-step verification signing in will require a code generated by the Google Authenticator app in addition to your account password.
Start by visiting accounts.google.com/SmsAuthConfig
* Generates codes even in airplane mode!
* Support for multiple accounts
* Support for multiple languages
• On each of your computers, set up remote access using the Chrome Remote Desktop app from Chrome Web Store: https://chrome.google.com/remotedesktop
• On your Android device, open the app and tap on any of your online computers to connect.
If you don't have Glass, then downloading this will be a waste of time. Sorry about that. But if you swipe the screenshots to the right you'll see there's a picture of a puppy in pajamas. So not a total waste of time after all.
ABOUT SCREENWISE PANEL: Like many other companies, Google brings together market research panels to help learn more about things like technology usage, how people are consuming media, and how they use Google products. This is part of our Screenwise Panel program.
For more information, refer back to the research panel membership page if you are a panelist. You may also read more about Screenwise Panel at this webpage: http://www.google.com/landing/panelresearch/
Make sure you know how consumers will experience your ad creative when it actually goes live. Download Google's Creative Preview app to preview, test and demo your mobile ads using Google's Mobile Ads SDK.
Step 1: Download the app onto your smartphone or tablet.
Step 3: Test and interact with your creative on your mobile device.
View live reporting metrics on your desktop:
DoubleClick Studio users can test the exits in their mobile ads and see the reporting metrics come through in the DoubleClick Studio preview console on desktop. This allows you to confirm that the reporting in your ad functions properly.
1. My Apps: Provides a list and count of applications installed on your phone / tablet with options to:
- Easily Search & Sort
- Uninstall the app (very useful feature!)
- Launch an App
2. Memory: Provides memory info for both Phone and SD card. How much memory is free / available and how much has been used?
3. Call History: Information about outgoing, incoming and missed calls for today, yesterday and last one week. Plus, it separately shows calls from known (the ones in your address book) and unknown contacts (the ones which are not in your address book). This is a very practical feature.
4. Camera Information: How much is the megapixel of back and front cameras. This info usually is buried in marketing material, but here you could easily find out. Plus, a very useful info on the number of photos that can be clicked from the camera based on megapixel of your phone camera and remaining memory on your phone.
5. Internet connection (2G, 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi) device is connected to.
6. Screen size: Size / resolution of screen in pixels and inches.
7. Screen density: Low, Medium, High, Extra High, Extra Extra High.
8. RAM: RAM of the device.
9. Android Version: Android OS name (Ex. Jelly Bean, KitKat) and version number.
10. Manufacturer and Model number of the device.
My Android app presents the above information in a very neat and simple manner so that anybody can easily understand. Cool user interface with some cute animations.
Supported in 16 languages:
Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, and Vietnamese.
Hope you like My Android!
This app lets you connect a supported refreshable braille display to your device via Bluetooth. Screen content will be presented on the braille display and you can navigate and interact with your device using the keys on the display. It is possible to input text using the braille keyboard.
Devices supported in this version:
* APH Refreshabraille
* Baum VarioConnect
* Esys EuroBraille
* Freedom Scientific Focus Blue (14 and 40 cell models)
* HandyTech (Basic Braille, Active Braille, Braille Star, Braille Wave, Braillino, Easy Braille)
* Harpo Braillepen 12
* HIMS (BrailleSense, Braille EDGE)
* Humanware Brailliant (1st generation and BI models)
* Optelec Alva (BC640, BC680)
* Papenmeier Braillex Trio
* Seika (notetaker and 40 cell display)
This app is only active when Accessibility is enabled.
Steps to activate this app:
* Go to Settings
* Select Accessibility
* Select BrailleBack, and enable the checkbox
* Go back to Settings
* Select Bluetooth
* If your bluetooth braille display is not listed, make sure the display is in pairing mode and select Search For Devices
* Select the name of your braille display to make sure that it is paired
For further instructions, press the space bar and dots 1, 2 and 3 on the display at the same time. If your display doesn't have braille input keys, choose Keyboard help in BrailleBack settings.
*Get proactive help with detected issues (GPS, connectivity, battery, etc.)
*Get tips to explore new features and improve the performance of your device
*For Nexus and Google Play edition devices, gain easy access to live Google support (in select countries listed below)
App available to Nexus, Google Play edition and Android One devices running Android 5.0, Lollipop.
Live support currently offered in Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States.
Here are a few reasons why you should install it:
1) The app is recommended by TechRepublic as a must-have security app.
2) The app has been trusted by users from 163 countries/districts across the world.
3) Generic security apps (e.g., Lookout, Avast!, Norton, etc.) cannot be easily tuned to detect Pileup threats.
For more information, please visit our official website SecureAndroidUpdate.org.
1. Another developer has compiled the latest launchers from Google - search for "Digital Cookies" in the play store.
2. Apex Launcher
Google's launcher from Android 4.1 Jellybean, available for you, good gentleperson, right here, right now. No ads. No catches.
WHY DO I HAVE TO CHOOSE THE WIDGETS TWICE?!
Unfortunately it has to be this way. Sorry. It is due to Google cheating slightly with widget security.
I previously said that it "will likely never be fixed by Google, 'cause it doesn't affect them". Well I guess I have to eat my words because in Android 4.1 they fixed it! If you run this app on Android 4.1 it won't ask you to pick your widgets twice. Whether you'll actually ever get Android 4.1 is a-whole-nother story.
Oh yeah, also please don't rate it low because it doesn't have many features. That is kind of the point - it has exactly the same features as in the stock app. If you want more, check out Apex Launcher. :-)
If you want ICS icons, install ICS apps! The launcher does not decide the icons.
* Fly through 3D cities like London, Tokyo and Rome
* Dive in to view the world at street level with integrated Street View
* Use the Tour Guide to discover exciting new places to explore
* Browse layers like Wikipedia or Photos to learn more about a place
* Visit the Maps Gallery to find interesting maps, e.g. plot real-time earthquakes, planes in flight, view hiking trails and more
Make sure that you check out the in-app tutorial to learn how to navigate like a pro.
DESIGNED FOR KIDS
We’ve taken out the complicated stuff and made an app even little ones can navigate — that means big buttons, easy scrolling, and instant full-screen.
VIDEOS KIDS WILL LOVE
Kids can enjoy favorites like Sesame Street, Thomas & Friends, and Dreamworks, online hits like Mother Goose Club, TuTiTu, and Super Simple Songs, plus anything else they’re into — music, gaming, science, crafts, and more.
VIDEOS PARENTS CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT
We’re as focused on kids’ safety as you are, so we’ve built the YouTube Kids app to be a family-friendly place to explore.
When your child browses the app’s home screen, they’ll find a vast selection of kid-appropriate channels and playlists. When families search in the app, we use a mix of input from our users and automated analysis to categorize and screen out the videos that make parents nervous.
And for added peace of mind, parents can quickly notify YouTube if they see anything questionable directly from the app.
SETTINGS FOR PARENTS
You can turn off search for an even more contained experience. Or set the built-in timer to let your kids know when it’s time to stop watching (so you don’t have to). The app puts these settings behind a grown-ups-only lock, out of kids’ reach.
YouTube Kids. Made for curious little minds.
• Translate between 90 languages
• Converse naturally and let Google translate
• Translate with your voice, camera, keyboard or handwriting
• Translate offline while traveling. No internet connection needed.
• Save your translations and access from any device
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Sesotho, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Novosibirsk Metro image by Wikipedia user Sskz, used per the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.
- Create new documents or edit any that were created on the web or on another device.
- Share documents and work together with others in the same document at the same time.
- Open, edit, and save Microsoft Word documents.
- Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection.
- Add and respond to comments.
- Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type.
Use the Chromecast app to:
• Set up your Chromecast and connect it to your Wi-Fi network
• Set up backdrop and personalize your TV screen with art, personal photos, news and more.
• Manage your Chromecast settings (such as changing your device name, Wi-Fi password, etc.)
Download and install the Hangouts Dialer start making phone calls in the Hangouts app. After installation, you can access all voice calling features directly from Hangouts or use Hangouts Dialer for a shortcut to make phone calls from the dialer screen in Hangouts.
● Make phone calls over data from the Hangouts app (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
● Call any phone number, including landlines.
● Connect with your Google Voice number to make VOIP calls in the Hangouts app from your Google Voice number.
Notes: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Voice calls to Hangouts users are free, but other phone calls might come with a charge. View our calling rates at http://www.google.com/hangouts/rates.
• A new Schedule View - See your schedule at a glance with photos and maps of the places you’re going.
• Events from Gmail - Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
• Assists to fill in your calendar - You can quickly create events with smart suggestions for event titles, places and people.
• Different ways to view your calendar - Speedily switch between viewing a single day to getting an overview of multiple days at once.
• All your calendars in one, easy place - Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange.
- Create new spreadsheets or edit any that were created on the web or on another device.
- Share spreadsheets and work together with others in the same spreadsheet at the same time.
- Open, edit, and save Microsoft Excel files.
- Get stuff done anytime -- even without an internet connection.
- Format cells, enter/sort data, view charts, insert formulas, use find/replace, and more.
- Never worry about losing your work -- everything is automatically saved as you type.
Currently only available in the US.
- You must open Google Voice at least once after upgrading to route calls.
- When using Google Voice for Android, both domestic and international calls are placed through a US-based Google Voice access number, and will use the standard minutes from your cell phone plan.
Available on all devices with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or later.
• Google Now on your home screen - it’s easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
• Just say “Ok Google” - when you’re on your home screen, just say “Ok Google” to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song.
• Faster search - tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
• Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
• Larger viewing area - the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
• Intuitive wallpaper picker - select any image that's stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.
Some features are unavailable in some areas.
Capture what’s on your mind
• Add notes, lists and photos to Google Keep. Pressed for time? Record a voice memo and Keep will transcribe it so you can find it later.
Share ideas with friends and family
• Easily plan that surprise party by sharing your Keep notes with others and collaborating on them in real time.
Find what you need, fast
• Color and add labels to code notes to quickly organize and get on with your life. If you need to find something you saved, a simple search will turn it up.
Always within reach
• Keep works on your phone, tablet, computer and Android wearables. Everything you add syncs across all of your devices so your thoughts are always with you.
The right note at the right time
• Need to remember to pick up some groceries? Set a location-based reminder to pull up your grocery list right when you get to the store.
• Try Google Keep on the web at http://keep.google.com and find it in the Chrome Web Store at http://g.co/keepinchrome.
• Faster sharing: Select or take pictures and videos directly from the app and share easily. You can even send audio messages to your contacts.
• Easy search: Search through contacts and conversation threads to find exactly what you are looking for.
• Purposeful design: New, fluid, material design that is intuitive and delightful.
• More control: Ability to block SMS senders. No interruptions when you don’t want them!
• More features: audio messages, emoji support 😃, colored text threads, message archiving and more.
Messenger is supported on devices running Android™ 4.1, Jelly Bean, and above.
When you can’t find the right thing to say, you don’t have to write at all. The new Google Keyboard supports hundreds of emojis, so you can express yourself in any Android app (Android 4.4 and up).
• Material design themes
• Personalized suggestions, corrections, and completions
• Keypress popup animations
• Emoji entry point and layouts (Android 4.4 and up)
• Gesture Typing with dynamic floating preview
• Space-aware Gesture Typing: just gesture through the space bar
• Voice Typing
• Dictionaries for more than 25 languages
• Advanced keyboard layouts
• Works across your Android devices (tablets and phones)
YouTube, your way
* Check out all the world’s videos and personalized recommendations
* Subscribe to your favorite channels to keep up-to-date
* Send videos from your phone or tablet to your Chromecast, game console, or smart TV
More music at your fingertips
* Easily find the artists you love and discover new recommendations on your music homepage
* Jam to a YouTube Mix, an infinite playlist of songs with unlimited skips
* Enjoy all the music you love from your favorite artists, along with concerts, remixes, parodies, covers, and one-of-a-kind collaborations you can only find on YouTube
Getting started is easy. Download the app and answer basic questions about yourself. We'll then send you surveys around once a week, although it may be more or less frequent. You'll get a notification on your phone when a short and relevant survey is ready for you, and can receive up to $1.00 in Play credits for completing it. Questions can range from, "Which logo is best?" and "Which promotion is most compelling?" to "When do you plan on traveling next?"
Effortlessly track your activity:
• Just carry your phone and get access to your walking, running and cycling activity.
Reach your fitness goals:
• Set goals based on either duration or steps and see your progress throughout the day.
• Receive performance-based recommendations for activity goals.
A comprehensive view of your fitness:
• Connect third party devices and apps to Fit and we’ll show you all of your fitness data in one place.
• Compatible with all Android Wear devices.
• Also access Google Fit on the web at http://www.google.com/fit and on your tablet.