I absolutely LOVE Google Voice as my primary phone number to call and receive texts. The voicemail transcripts are way awesome! I haven't listened to a voicemail in a dogs age. Best free phone/text app period and it's FREE! My only gripe is the random colors it assigns your contacts. Should be able to choose the color of the contact icon and text bubbles. Other than that this is top notch. Would get 5 stars from me if the devs would fix that one thing.
I have a Galaxy Note 4 with T-Mobile and just updated to lollipop 5.1.1. I can not make a phone with my Google Voice phone number. It is impossible. For now it is completely useless. Please find a fix and I will gladly change to 5 stars.
The latest update broke using Google Voice to dial out. Now that application just whines that it doesn't have a data connection despite the fact that I am I connected to data via my mobile carrier but I am also connected to data via my Wi-Fi.
I am unable to make calls from US to India. Currently my region/location is set as USA. I have sufficient credit as well.
Another update comes and goes, and I still haven't gotten a single notification for voicemail or texts, and I have to log in EVERY TIME I OPEN THE APP. 0/10 would not recommend.
Google voice is unable to be set as default messaging program on my phone. Hangouts is still having problems using my google voice number as default. Please fix integration with AOS with the ability to set as default massaging app.
• Conversation delete
• Disabling app notifications for text messages
• Do not disturb
• Gif image search on Gboard
• Conversation archive shortcut (long-press on conversation list)
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
• New layout to separate calls, messages and voicemail
• Message threading, photo sharing and group messaging
• Support for multiple accounts, Android Wear, in-notification replies, improved contact integration