UNINSTALL NOTE: This app will be a 'Device Administrator' if you activate the 'Lock screen on undock' feature. You must deactivate the feature, or remove the app from your phone's device administrator before you can uninstall. Go to your phone's settings, Location & Security, Device Administrator, disable Car Dock Home v3, then uninstall as usual.
Add your favorite apps, shortcuts and widgets to as many as 7 screens, for easy access in the car. Defaults to a screen of 2x3 cells for large easy touch buttons.
Shortcut and app buttons can be renamed and given custom images.
* Full size widget support
* Landscape dialer pad (work in progress, but functions)
* Landscape contacts, and starred contacts
Supports many automatic settings when phone enters/exits car mode, like
* enable gps
* disable wifi
* enable bluetooth
* all volumes to max ( bugs: misses navigation volume, and ringer... )
* turn off device on undock
* Landscape/Portrait lock
* icon grid anywhere from 1x1 to 4x4
* full screen or not
* paging buttons, or not
* smooth scrolling like your home app.
* Icons scaling options.
* set timeout/inactivity page independent of start page. ( This is why people think it changes pages on it's own... cause it does... but you can control it. )
* OR pick a widget that will be displayed as a screen saver.
* Landscape friendly contact list & starred contacts list
* Navigation link that attempts to resume navigation if maps app is running ( not 100% reliable, a work in progress )
* exit car mode
* visit desktop without leaving car mode.
Your Input is Welcome!
Note: home key while in Car Dock app only takes you to start page if Car Dock app is set as default car home and you are in car mode. Car Dock does not automatically put the phone in car mode... Try google's 'Car Home' icon to launch car mode on froyo, or my 'Car Dock Control' for eclair/froyo/gingerbread...
If you don't like my dialer and contacts, you can use your own... Many complain that the stock Android dialer/contacts app doesn't support landscape, but I've found that it does, but on many phones you have to enable auto rotation in the dialer app preferences.
A customizable Car Home app replacement. Works with compatible car docks.
Full changelog/feature list at the site.
*Note: Home button only overridden if your phone is in car mode and CCH is the default app.
Email or post bugs/feedback on the site! If you find problems (particularly with Force Home override), please include your phone model, Android version, and what custom ROM you're running, if applicable.
Enter car mode:
1. Enables Bluetooth
2. Enables the speakerphone if no Bluetooth devices connect
3. Disables Wi-Fi
4. Dismisses non-secure keyguards
Exit car mode:
1. Disables Bluetooth if not in a call
2. Enables Wi-Fi
3. Launches the home screen
This app is not intended to be used as a Car Home replacement. Instead, it extends the base Car Home capabilities.
This app prevents Car Home to open, when you you dock you phone in car dock!
Tested with Droid, and works 100%!
May not works on some new phones
please any issues send me an email: email@example.com
Idea - Evan Tapper
- Please tell me if it works with a Car Dock now.
Check out my other apps!
With the widget you can assign one or more screens on your home launcher to be dedicated for usage inside the car.
Unlike Car Home applications, you still will have access to all other screens of your home launcher.
HOW TO USE
On any home screen press "menu", then "add", select "widgets" and choose "Car Widget" from the list of available widgets.
You might need to restart the device in order to widget to appear in the list.
* 4x4 widget
* You can assign 4,6 or 8 shortcuts per widget
* 5 Skins: Holo, Glossy, Car Home, Metro (Windows Phone 7), BlackBearBlac
* Customization options: background color, opacity, font size and color, icons tint
* Replacement for "Car Dock" / "Car Home" applications.
* Apply custom icon and edit title of shortcut
* Apply ADW Icon pack
Available shortcuts (can be expanded by installed applications):
* Direct dial/ message
* Directions & Navigation (Using Google Maps)
* Gmail label
* Music playlist
* Built-In Shortcuts - (InCar switch, Play/Pause, Next, Previous - Experimental)
Free version includes Trial of the features available in the Car Widget Pro.
Car Widget Pro features:
Detects when you inside the car and adjusts settings of your phone.
Detection (possible to combine all of the options):
* When power cable connected
* When headphones connected
* When Bluetooth device connected
* Activity recognition
* Turn on Bluetooth
* Disable screen timeout
* Adjust screen brightness
* Adjust volume level of media
* Switch off Wi-Fi
* Route call to speaker
* Auto answer (Experimental)
* Autorun App
* Shortcuts in notification bar (Android 4.0)
- It's not possible to unlock the screen from widget
- It's not possible to switch to the specific screen from widget
- Not possible to switch GPS
CALL_PHONE (Directly call phone numbers)- used for direct call shortcut
WAKE_LOCK (Prevent phone from sleeping) - used to disable screen timeout
WRITE_SETTINGS (Modify system settings)- used to adjust brightness settings
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE and CHANGE_WIFI_STATE - connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
BLUETOOTH and BLUETOOTH_ADMIN - required in order to switch Bluetooth state
(Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage) - Backup/Restore functionality
* On some devices you have option "Stay awake" (Under Settings -> Applications -> Development), you can enable it if your want to prevent phone from sleeping.
* Landscape mode: Not all launchers allow to use phone in landscape mode, just replace yours with alternative one that supports it (like LauncherPro or ADW).
You can find Car Widget Pro also in androidpit.com market.
(This marketplace has an option for PayPal)
Please exercise caution when using this application and do not manipulate your device while driving. Always pay attention to the road.
More from developer
Gmail also lets you:
• Manage multiple accounts
• View and save attachments
• Set up label notifications
- Follow what friends, family, and interesting people around the world are sharing
- Join communities to explore interests and find people with similar passions
- Automatically back up photos and videos at full resolution
- Bring photos to life with animations, panoramas, and other Auto Awesome images
* Quickly search the web and your phone or tablet
* Use your voice to search and more
* Get personalized results based on your location
Plus: *Google Now* gets you just the right information at just the right time. It tells you today’s weather before you start your day, how much traffic to expect before you leave for work, and more (Google Now is currently available on Android 4.1, Jelly Bean).
- Comprehensive, accurate maps in 200 countries
- Voice-guided GPS navigation for driving, biking, and walking
- Transit directions and maps for over 2,800 cities
- Live traffic, incident reports, and dynamic re-routing
- Detailed information on more than 100 million places
- Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, museums, and more
* Some features not available in all countries
* You can make a map area available offline by tapping the search box and selecting “Make this map area available offline” Visit http://goo.gl/wawgE to learn more.
* Enjoy “what to watch” recommendations
* Find videos and channels with voice search and instant search suggestions
* Subscribe to your favorite channels for easy access from the guide
* Sign-in to access your playlists and “watch later” list
* Share videos via Google+, E-mail, Facebook and Twitter
• Google Play Books to “Read Aloud” your favourite book
• Google Translate to speak translations aloud so that you can hear the pronunciation of a word
• TalkBack and accessibility applications for spoken feedback across your device
• ... and many other applications in Play Store
To use Google Text-to-speech on your Android device, go to Settings > Language & Input > Text-to-speech output. Select Google Text-to-speech Engine as your preferred engine. Note, on many Android devices, Google Text-to-Speech is already turned on, but you can update to the latest version here.
Languages supported: English (United Kingdom), English (United States), French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Spain), Spanish (United States).
• Sync Across Devices - seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• Save Data - reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• Faster Browsing - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• Voice Search - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• Translate - easily read webpages in any language
• Intuitive Gestures - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them by swiping from side to side on the toolbar
• Privacy - use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history
To use Street View, open Google Maps, search for a place or long-press the map, and tap the Street View option.
To learn more about Street View and see where it's available, visit maps.google.com/streetview.
● Say more with photos, emoji, and animated GIFs.
● See when people are together in Hangouts, when they’re typing, or whether they’ve seen your message.
● Send and receive text messages (SMS/MMS) with Hangouts. Switch between SMS and Hangouts when messaging a friend. You can also do group MMS conversations.
● Turn any conversation into a video call with up to 10 friends.
● Message friends anytime, even if they're not connected right now.
● Use Hangouts on computers, Android and Apple devices.
More Hangouts awesomeness:
● Hangouts stay in sync across devices so you can start or continue them anywhere.
● Choose from hundreds of emoji to help you make your point.
● See what you talked about in the past, including shared photos and your video call history.
● Get notifications just once. Once you see an alert, you won’t see repeats on your computer or other Android devices.
● View collections of photos shared from each of your Hangouts.
● Snooze notifications at times when you’d prefer to be undisturbed by alerts.
● Quickly share a location with your friends.
● Unlike Google Talk, Hangouts does not support "invisible" status.
Great reading experience
* Read offline
* Bookmark pages, highlight text, and add notes
* Elegant 3D page turns
* Bookmarks, notes, and reading positions are synced across your phones, tablets and computers
* Search within books, use dictionary, find geographical information, discover web results, and wikipedia right on the page
* Select fonts, font size, and layout for flowing text books
* Choose day, night, and sepia reading modes
* Listen to books with text-to-speech when publisher allows
* Upload PDF or EPUB files to your library
Discover millions of books on Google Play
* Over 4 million books in every imaginable category, from the New York Times® bestsellers to favorite classics
* Textbooks available for rental or purchase
* Millions of free books available instantly
* Read free chapters for preview from every book
*Enjoy Read Now to find more of the articles you care about and discover new ones you will love.
*Explore categories like Arts & Photography, Business & Finance, Food & Drink and more and subscribe to topics tagged to the articles that interest you most.
*Go Offline with any news edition, topic or magazine without missing a page. Bookmark news stories you don't have time to read for later.
*All in one - Google Play Newsstand is the new home for all your Google Currents subscriptions and Google Play Magazines. Now with one app and one tap, it’s never been easier to stay informed on the news of the day.
- Discover great games
- Play with your friends, and see what they're playing
- Join multiplayer games
- Track your achievements
- Compare scores with other players
With our new All Access service, you can play millions of songs on Google Play, listen to radio with no limits, and enjoy playlists handcrafted by our music experts.
With both All Access and Standard, the Google Play Music app lets you listen to your music collection anywhere. All your music is stored online, so no need to worry about syncing, storage space or offline playback.
All Access features:
* Listen to unlimited songs
* Create custom radio from any song, artist or album
* Enjoy radio without skip limits
* Get smart recommendations based on your tastes
All Access and Standard features:
* Add up to 20,000 of your own songs from your personal music collection
* Access your music anywhere without syncing, and save your favorites for offline playback
* Experience music without ads
* Buy new music on Google Play (18M+ songs)
* Share a free full play of the songs you purchase from Google Play with your friends on Google+.
* Learn more about availability of Google Play Music at https://support.google.com/googleplay/?p=availability
* Learn more about Google Play at http://play.google.com/about/music
* Use the Google Drive Android app to access your photos, documents, videos and other files stored on your Google Drive
* Upload files to Google Drive directly from your Android device
* Share any file with your contacts
* Access files others have shared with you on Google Drive
* Make any file available offline so you can view them even when you don't have an Internet connection
* Manage files on the go
* Create and edit Google documents with support for tables, comments and rich text formatting
* Create and edit Google spreadsheets with support for text formatting, multiple sheets and sorting
* Edits to your Google documents and spreadsheets appear to collaborators in seconds
* View Google presentations with full animations and speaker notes
* View your PDFs, Office documents and more
* Scan documents, receipts and letters for safe keeping in Drive; then search by contents once uploaded
* Print files stored in Google Drive on the go using Google Cloud Print
* Open files stored in Google Drive through Drive enabled apps in the browser
* Optimized experience to take advantage of larger screens for tablet users, Honeycomb (Android 3.0+)
• Translate between 80 languages
• Converse naturally and let Google translate
• Speak, type, write, or take a picture to translate
• Translate offline while traveling. No internet connection needed.
• Save your translations and access from any device
(Camera input and offline translation are available for Android 2.3 and above)
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu