See the wireless networks around you, analyze signals or find the best channel for your Access Point with:
- Radar Scan
- Signal strength graph analyzer
- Channel analyzer
Following strong demand from users, the application became functional in background and you can, thus, be informed by the existence of a radar without having to open the application.
Also, a new feature has been incorporated to allow the user to project his speedometer and information, from the phone, directly on the windshield of his car. The content of the page is displayed in reverse due to the mirror effect.
Radar Tunisia, in its new version, features additional configuration parameters and a unique design especially with the super attractive speedometer.
The application is placed at your disposal to help you adopt a safe driving.
Shows the Wi-Fi channels around you. Helps you to find a less crowded channel for your wireless router.
For the USB read/write permission: This permission is used to save and load snapshots(see menu in my app).
WiFi Overview 360 is not only a WLAN Scanner, which shows all WLANs in range, the app is much more.
This app is a "Swiss Army Knife" for WLAN.
With this tool you can manage and optimize your used wireless network and and with one look you'll get detailed information of the WLANs (WLAN name (SSID), signal strength, channelnumber, encryptionin - open or not) in your environment.
The tab "Ch check" (channel checker) and "Ch. radar" (channel radar) are powerful tool to optimize your own wlan network. For best performance your network must use a channel or frequency range where are no other wireless networks or little as possible. WiFi Overview 360 gives you the best choice for the channel.
Main features are:
- wlan scanner
- detailed wlan information
- add WLANs manually
- endless list of known WLANs (previously limited to 16)
- graphical representation of all wireless networks in the operating range
- channel checker for the best channel choice
- included 2x1 widget
- Android 4.x support
- Tablet support
- WLAN Internet connection check
- and much more ...
The "Pro" version contains no ad, have more widgets, have a powerful "WiFi Detector", can set "Quick connect shortcuts", can set WLAN priority and is a little recognition for my work.
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
✓ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best places for signal.
✓ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection (download, upload & latency)
✓ NetworkRank allows you to see which carrier is best in your area.
✓ See a map of local cell towers.
✓ Free and ad-free
You can also:
✓ Help improve our coverage and WiFi maps.
✓ Share your findings on Twitter and Facebook and compare your connection with other users.
✓ View your history of signal readings.
✓ test upload, download and latency
✓ Save your data to SD card.
✓ Signal booster for compatible phones
Help contribute to our crowdsourced impartial maps of carrier coverage and wireless hotspots by using our app to improve your connection.
SMS Permission required to count the number of SMS sent to track your usage, SMS are never read (use a packet sniffer to check!)
Phone settings permission allows network reset on certain Android versions
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs), helpful if you're travelling abroad or just want to find a local cafe with free wifi. Our Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!). Slow mobile internet? Whatsapp or Instagram not working? Can't make that crucial skype call? Run a speedtest to see the real speed of your connection, use the signal booster compass to get a better connection or use our maps to find the nearest free wifi!
Best of all, every time you use the app you're helping to improve it! By helping us to expand our wifi database and improve our coverage maps you're making the app work better and everyone else who uses it.
The best tactic for getting better signal is to follow the signal compass as it points you towards the connected cell tower.
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- Data is crowd sourced - wireless and antenna locations are calculated by triangulation.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA (Verizon, Sprint), cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal beta to help us improve the app:
We map - Coverage and Speed tests for Verizon, Sprint, Vodafone, EE, AT&T, O2, 3, TIM, T-Mobile, Telcel, I WInd, SFR, Wifi and more
WiFiFoFum is a wardriving app to locate, display and map found WiFi networks. The Nearby feature relies on user contributions to operate. When you have contribute enabled information about the APs your device scans will be recorded and shared to other users of the Nearby function so that this service can continue to be provided in the future.
1. Use the exit menu to quit.
2. Requires SD card.
TLE (Two line elements) is used for simulate the satellite position. When you start up the application, the current TLE is downloaded via internet.
GNSS satellite constellation in the sky.
Satellite position on the map.
You can set the observer location (house icon) by drag and drop.
[DOP / NSAT]
Charts of number of satellites and DOP (Dilution Of Precision) over 5 hours.
WiFi radio range ( range depends on environment - may be up to 300m outside building ).
No need to connect to any WiFi hotspot/network - the app uses WiFi direct (device to device) mode.
Note: You need to add app widget to your device screen after installation !
- when waiting for someone - want to know he/she is approaching to you,
- want to know if your child/luggage/car is not too far from you,
- does not create any connection between devices nor with wi-fi hot-spot
- animated widget on the device screen,
- configurable alert sound and 'radar running' sound,
- alert when second device 'appeared in wifi range',
- alert when second device 'disappeared' ( ex. baby monitor, luggage monitor ),
- configurable list of people/devices for alerting,
( free version limit - only 3 person/device )
- keeps working even if device screen locked,
- other can see your device only if your app is running,
- designed for phone and tablet screen
Copyright © GIMIN Studio.
Box Radar currently works with Atlas Quest and LbNA.
• Waypoint projection
• Distance and bearing between two waypoints
• Triangulation with crossing circles
• Path intersection
• Convert waypoints between different coordinate systems:
- Latitude/longitude (WGS84 datum)
- UTM (WGS84 datum)
- Dutch grid (RD or Rijksdriehoek)
- British grid (OSGB)
• Variable digits in waypoint
- N 53.2137 E 6.568 shows 6 markers for guessing a location (see screenshot)
• Text decryption:
- Rot13 (Decryption key from Geocaching.com)
- Caesar cipher
- Letter sum (a=1, z=26)
- Letter sum reversed (a=26, z=1)
- Phone sum (abc=2, def=3...)
- Roman numerals
• Distances in metric or imperial system
• Display your GPS position and use it as a waypoint
• All waypoint calculations can be displayed on a map
• Available languages: English, Nederlands, Deutsch
A full changelog, frequently asked questions and an explanation of requested permissions can be found at the application's website.
If you come across any bugs or have questions, please send me an e-mail since I can't respond to market comments.
Here are the 4 steps of the WiFi Max procedure:
Step 1: Make sure that your WiFi access point does not interfere with other access points.
Start the WiFi Max App and see how it scans the WiFi network. Make sure that the painted graphs do not overlap. Consult the user manual of your WiFi access point and change its channel if necessary.
Step 2: Choose a good position for your access point.
Position your mobile device at the location where you use it at most. Start the WiFi Max App and touch the graph of your WiFi channel. Your mobile device will start "beeping". Change the location of your access point (e.g. put it onto a cupboard etc.) until the device beeps as high as possible. The higher the beep the better.
Step 3: Optimize the orientation of the antenna.
Set up your mobile device as described in step 2 and change the direction of the antenna of your access point (if possible). The higher the beep of the mobile device the better.
Step 4: That's it! Enjoy the maximized throughput of your WiFi network!
Paperless geocaching without the work. A must have for realtime geocaching.
Uses GeoBeagle, OpenGPX or GeoHunter. Requires account with geocaching.com.
UPDATE: Fixed SD card full error