You can control portrait, landscape, reverse portrait, reverse landscape the four directions.
You can also specify auto direction.
App even horizontally or the other direction does not support, you can switch to force.
- 4 orientation screen control (horizontal, vertical, reverse horizontal, reverse vertical)
- Specify the auto rotation screen
- All App (app, game) support the direction of 4 orientation.
- Gingerbread (2.3) more then version optimized
- Froyo (2.2) less then version is not supported reverse vertical and reverse horizontal direction.
- Specific application to force portrait / landscape view setting may not display correctly. (Camera app, etc..)
This 7-day trial version allows you to fully evaluate the app. Afterwards you can either pay via Google Play or get it FREE using Getjar Gold.
If you need assistance please contact me at email@example.com: I am not able to keep up with the reviews and comments.
The "Forced Auto" mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen "upside down". It also allows using the launchers of for example the HTC (One X/One S) Sense 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchwiz and Google Nexus 7 in landscape mode. Some launchers will have the bottom row of icons cut off or other display issues, this is not something I can fix unfortunately (some versions of Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 2, HTC One). For a device like NVIDIA SHIELD it allows you to use most apps in landscape even if they normally do not work in landscape (like Spotify).
- True orientation lock
- Forced automatic rotation
- Per application settings
- Two widgets and a status bar notification with shortcut buttons for easily changing your rotation preference
- Ability to create shortcuts to specific modes
- Can act as Tasker / Locale plugin to automate your screen orientation setting
- Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
- Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
- 3/4 Forced: automatic mode overriding other app preferences (only portrait, landscape and reverse landscape, NOT reverse portrait; this only works on phones, not on tablets)
- Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
- Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
- Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
- Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
- Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
- Auto Portrait: automatically select between portrait and reverse portrait
- Auto Landscape: automatically select between landscape and reverse landscape
- Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
- This is a 7-day trial version. If you want to continue using this app after this period you need to buy “Rotation Control (License)” from the Android Market.
- This app does NOT require root access.
- Certain applications might not display properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape. You can set a per application preference to normal auto or manual mode to workaround these issues.
- Auto and Reverse Portrait and Landscape supported from Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Status bar notification direct shortcuts supported from Android version 3.0 (Honeycomb)
"Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings." -XDA Developers
"Incredibly complete, professional and polished app." -Phone Arena
"Rotation on demand lets you select screen rotation on the fly without having to switch to the app first." -addictivetips
Rotation is a tool to control device orientation. It offers all the modes that Android supports and you can also override each app settings to rotate according to your need. It doesn't matters that app has that mode, it completely overrides the app and system settings. Let's give it a try and it also has lots of other useful features.
Support and News on Facebook:-
English, Deutsch, Français, Polski, Pусский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体)
System default modes
* Auto-Rotate On * Auto-Rotate Off
Modes to override system settings
* Forced Auto-Rotate * Forced Portrait * Forced Landscape
* Reverse Portrait * Reverse Landscape
* Sensor Landscape * Forced Full Sensor
Lock Current:- Lock current orientation
Per App Settings
* Set orientation for individual apps
* Set Lock screen, Phone call, Charging, Headset and Dock orientation
* Android 5.0 (L/Lollipop) supported
# Rotate on demand
* Floating head: Fully customisable head on top of every app to change foreground orientation
* Quick notification: Change foreground orientation from notification
* Enable for uninterrupted service
* Select click action
* Add toggles to change orientation quickly
* Service widget: Toggle service
* Mode widget: Toggle between two selected modes
* Dynamic widget: Add toggles according to your need
* Lock screen support (Android 4.2.2+)
* Light and dark base themes inspired from Material UI
* Theme accents with support for Xperia™ theme accents
# Rotation Automate:- Tasker / Locale plugin support to automate over 20 actions
* Rotation Shortcuts:- Add fully customisable shortcuts to your home screen
* Start on boot:- Start rotation service on boot
* Vibration:- To notify when screen orientation changes with customisable vibration length
* Help and Info:- Detailed info about orientation modes and easy to understand Tutorial
# Backup and Restore
* Restore defaults
* Restart app
* Uninstall option
Features marked with # are free for 7 days. After that Rotation Key is required.
Usage statistics (5.0+): For per app settings
Retrieve running apps: For per app settings
Modify system settings: To change system settings
Draw over other apps: To change foreground orientation
Run at startup: To start service when device boots up
Vibration: To vibrate device when orientation changes
Modify USB storage: To create and restore backup (nothing else)
- Ad free
- No internet and root required
- Some apps might not work properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape mode. Use Auto-Rotate On/Off from Per App Settings to use system settings for those apps.
- Contact me, if you want to translate.
- Please write reason also if you are giving Bad rating.
I don't believe in ads. Buy Rotation Key if you want to support.
Promo Video by Max Patchs
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Xperia™ is a registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications AB
Lock the screen in landscape or portrait - it will lock the screen the way you want even when some apps don't offer certain orientation
Increase productivity - unnecessary rotation will distract you and interrupt your workflow!
Power saving - every screen rotation will involve a lot of computation. By reducing unnecessary rotation the battery will last a bit longer
There are 8 modes which can be chosen in notification bar:
1. Adaptive mode - detect the device's orientation and prompt you whether to rotate the orientation
2. Landscape - force the orientation in landscape
3. Portrait - force the orientation in portrait
4. Reverse Portrait - force the orientation in reverse portrait
5. Reverse Landscape - force the orientation in reverse Landscape
6. Force auto - automatically rotate the screen in all orientation
7. Stock auto - exactly the same as original auto mode
8. Stock portrait - exactly the same as original portrait mode
Tags: screen orientation rotation control portrait landscape lock reverse power saving upside down
automatically start the app after boot
add special handling to make camera working correctly, only stock gingerbread camera is verified, others may or may not work
add option to disable the app
add an option to revert to portrait on lock screen for devices whose lock screen has problem with it
add an option to autostart the app on bootup
You can switch the screen to any orientation in 0, 90, 180, 270 degree with Landscape and Portrait mode from the floating control panel quickly, even in the HOME or games application.
For the professional edition user, you can also customize each application orientation, the screen will rotate automatically when you launch the specific application.
The utility has no AD and you can enjoy the basic feature for free. It supports from Android 1.5 ~ Android 4.2. If you like our software, you can purchase the professional edition license to activate more powerful features via Google Play in-app purchase service.
Keyword: Screen Orientation, Rotation, Force Rotate
- Direction separated by 11 kinds of settings, and it can be changed by force.
- Even apps that are not supported in the horizontal direction or the other, it may be forced to switch.
- The app rotate entire screen of device. So can rotate all app.
★ ★ ★ Rotation Options ★ ★ ★
- Basic Rotation(1~4) - General mode and does not override the settings app
- Force Rotation(6~11) - It rotate entire screen of device. So can rotate All app.
1. Portrait - lock the app in portrait
2. Landscape - lock the app in landscape
3. Reverse Portrait - lock the app in reverse portrait
4. Reverse Landscape - lock the app in reverse Landscape
5. Auto-Rotation - Automatically rotate the app in 3 orientations
6. Force Portrait - force lock the screen in portrait
7. Force Landscape - force lock the screen in landscape
8. Force Reverse Portrait - force lock the screen in reverse portrait
9. Force Reverse Landscape - force lock the screen in reverse Landscape
10. Force Auto-Turn - Automatically rotate the screen in all orientations
11. Force Landscape Auto-Turn - Automatically rotate the screen in all Landscape
★ ★ ★ Special Options ★ ★ ★
- Automatically start the service at boot time
- Notification bar feature - layout provided by fast icon
- The rotation pause in Lock screen
- The rotation pause during a call
- All Notification bar toggle function
- Provides a pop-up and rotation option widget
- Sound, vibration when rotated
This application is included with my other toggles in my Premium Widget pack available for purchase in one convenient download!
**If you are having problems seeing the widget, please try recreating the widget or reinstalling. Necessary code updates may require this action, sorry!
This is designed to match my other widgets. This refreshes on a regular interval and when the screen is turned on (unlike other widgets) to stay up to date.
Please check out my other applications!
This is a widget. Long press on the home screen -> Add Widget -> Auto Rotate Widget.
Changelog on website
Please consider getting the donate version if you like the Auto-Rotate Widget and want to support its developers. We would really appreciate it!
If the widget doesn't show up in the widget list after installation, please try restarting your device. Please have in mind that in order to work, widgets cannot be installed on the SD Card.
After installation, the widget needs to be added to the home screen: Tap the Launcher, select Wigets, tap and hold the Auto-Rotate Widget and drop it to a free slot on the home screen.
On earlier versions of Android: Tap and hold a free slot on the home screen, select Widgets, tap the Auto-Rotate Widget.
Ratings and comments are highly appreciated.
If you have any issues with this widget, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Keywords: widget lock screen auto switch control automatic landscape portrait toggle rotate rotation orientation settings
You also can prevent the other application from changing screen orientation.
The following rotation modes are available.
- Guard: this application prevents the other application from changing screen orientation.
- Auto Rotation: screen orientation is determined by a physical orientation sensor.
- Portrait: the screen is in a portrait orientation.
- Portrait (Reverse): the screen is in a portrait orientation; the opposite direction from normal portrait.
- Portrait (Sensor): the screen is in a portrait orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
- Landscape: the screen is in a landscape orientation.
- Landscape (Reverse): the screen is in a landscape orientation; the opposite direction from normal landscape.
- Landscape (Sensor): the screen is in a landscape orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
* Depending on the device, you may not be able to use several modes.
* If "Guard" mode is active, you cannot click "install" button when you want to install an application. When you want to install an application, you should inactivate "Guard" mode or this application.
Rotation manager is a tool that lets you choose which application you want to rotate or which one you don't want to rotate. It is a really simple app designed for the least possible power and RAM consumption.
If you want per app inverse, please download the premium version!
The permanent notification that appears when you enable Rotation Manager with "Permanent Notification mode" lets you change app specific orientation while you are in an app, without going back to Rotation Manager
Inverse rotation has been implemented
- Force the orientation of each app to your liking
- Rotate your device freely, without worrying if your apps will change orientation
- Orientation lock
- Forced Auto option
- Forced inverse portrait/landscape
- App-specific orientation
- Option for permanent notification, called Permanent Notification mode
HOW TO USE
The floating button is the global orientation for all the apps. It is a 7-state button and gives you all the orientation possibilities. Long click to enter inverse modes. Then you can select from the list for every app your desired orientation. Your selection will override the default global orientation. If you want only two apps to rotate and all the others to stay at their default, just disable global orientation and then select both Portrait and Landscape for the specific app in the list. After you have selected your desired apps, just click on play and your settings will be in effect.
Βy enabling "Permanent Notification mode" from "Preferences" an invisible permanent notification starts which ensures that the service will not be killed by the OS. Enable it if you have low RAM problems and the orientation service stops.
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on LinkedIn:
Follow us on Google Plus:
Comments and suggestions also at:
OPEN SOURCE PROJECT
Our project is open source and distributed under GPLv3.
Help with the translation of the app!
These are the permissions are needed by the app to work:
android.permission.GET_TASKS : In order to retrieve the currently running app.
android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION : In order to change the orientation.
android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS : In order to change the global orientation settings.
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED : In order to start on boot.
android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW : In order to change the foreground orientation
android.permission.VIBRATE : In order to detonate your phone...
android.permission.INTERNET : To check for new updated versions
Special Thanks to:
Translators: @blassKriss, @mikolaj55, @maksnogin, @Andrulko, @maksnogin
Donors: David H
NO rooting required! Works with all Launchers!
- Quick access to force orientaion mode, using a notification.
- True orientation lock
1. Landscape (Forced)
2. Reversed Landscape
3. Portrait (Same as disabling auto rotate in phone's settings)
4. Forced Portrait (Always in portrait regardless of app!)
5. Reversed Portrait
6. Auto Rotate (forced)
The "Forced Auto" mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen "upside down". It also allows using all kinds of launchers for example the Sense 5 (HTC One), Touchwiz (Samsung Galaxy S4) and Google Nexus stock Launcher in landscape mode.
This problem is easily solve by EasyRotation.
EasyRotation is the notification area (the status bar) resides. You can switched on or off automatic screen rotation setting with one-click.
Also equipped with auto-run option of the startup.
・To understand the state by the unique and simple icon.
・Notification area resident.
・Switch auto-rotation setting by one-touch.
・Can be set auto-start option.(This option is not available if install to SD card.)
・You can choose the install location.
I accept feedback by the e-mail or a market comment.
This is a very simple free app that allows you to do the following:
- Lock your screen's rotation in Landscape, Portrait or Auto. When you launch the app, you're faced with these three options.
- Includes a Tasker/Locale plugin so you can automate the rotation switch based on different profiles.
- Ability to launch the app from any window in Android by long pressing on the search key. (Only for devices that have a physical search button).
- Long press on any orientation profile to activate a persistent background service. (This is useful if your phone seems to exit the locked orientation all of a sudden due to low memory resources).
- A widget is provided so you can lock into whatever your current orientation is. (Useful for reverse landscape for example).
I've searched the Market for an app that will lock my screen's autorotate to landscape and found only one paid app that runs a service continuously in the background (regardless of chosen screen orientation) so I wrote this up. It's free and the background service is optional.
It should work on any device sporting Android 2.1 (Froyo) and higher.
keywords: screen control autorotate landscape portrait rotate rotation orientation
Be careful! If you set the brightness too low, don't tap OK. Simply use the back button to discard your changes.
If you do set the brightness too low, press your device's power button rapidly until the default brightness is restored.
-Periodically updates the status bar with your current location to the nearest street address
-Ability to input a destination and directly launch Maps Navigation in Walking directions mode
Please remember to enable GPS when running this app!
- An always-on virtual direction pad
- Touch gestures for moving within text fields
- Speech feedback when touching on-screen keys
Due to Android framework limitations, the virtual D-Pad is currently unable to interact with most menus and dialogs.
Provides one-touch access to Android applications, as well as useful mini-apps built into the Eyes-Free Shell.
Move your finger over the screen to explore; lift your finger up to run what you stopped on.
All controls are based on the Eyes-Free stroke dialer.
You can set Rock Lock as a pre-lock screen for your device to enable quick access to your music collection.
If pre-lock is enabled & you have a lock pattern, Rock Lock will appear before you unlock your device.
Press Menu to access your Phonebook. Press the Dial button to call.
Featured in the NY Times:
It extends the functionality of the Android TTS API & is a preview of things to come for the next version.
Press "Menu" on the settings screen for a showcase of apps that use TTS.
If you have problems, please try removing your SD card and putting it back.