-- One of “10 Great Apps for Android Tablets” (9/2012) – Mashable
-- First Aid By American Red Cross is a fix for what ails you.” - Appolicious
-- One of the 50 Best Apps for Parents of 2012 – Babble.com
-- First Aid American Red Cross App Should be Installed on Every Phone – Android Police
-- One of “8 Ways Your Phone Doubles as a Wilderness Survival Tool” (7/2012) – Mashable
-- One of “10 apps that can save your life during a natural disaster” – ComplexTech
-- One of “10 Online Resources to Prepare for the Mayan Apocalypse” – Mashable
Accidents happen. The official American Red Cross First Aid app puts expert advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. Get the app and be prepared for what life brings. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
Ahora disponible en español.
· Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
· HEAT STROKE AND RELATED CONTENT NOW INCLUDED IN LEARN AND EMERGENCY TABS
· Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
· Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
· Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
· Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
· Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
The app is ad-free and spam free.
This app requires an SD card with 40MB of free space, and it’ll work on Android 2.2 or upwards.
Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
The information is all hosted on the app itself, meaning no internet connection is needed, making it fast and easy to access. Best of all, it’s free. Get this essential app on your smartphone now.
Simple, easy-to-understand advice and frequently asked questions on 18 everyday first aid scenarios. Videos, step-by-step instructions and animations make it fun and easy to pick up.
Get expert tips on how to prepare for some of the most common emergency situations, from severe winter weather to road traffic accidents. Includes checklists on how to prepare and tips on what to do during.
Your personal panic button, this instantly accessible, step-by-step section gives you just enough information to know what to do in emergency first aid situations.
Find out how much you’ve learned by taking interactive quizzes. Earn achievement badges and share them with your friends on Twitter and Facebook to show off your life-saving knowledge.
Find out more about the life-saving work of the British Red Cross, including volunteering opportunities, latest news and information on in-depth first aid courses.
Download this essential app today.
* Note that while emergency numbers throughout the app are for UK users, the information in this app will be useful to anyone, anywhere in the world.
The app is ad-free and spam free.
This app requires an SD card with 40MB of free space, and it’ll work on Android 2.2 or upwards.
This application First Aid Kit is for creating awareness for the people who stuck with accidents and other common medical difficulties like Asthma, Unconsciousness, diabetics, Snake Bites, Road Accident, Burns, Fracture, Heart attack, Poisoning, Eye Injuries.
This First Aid manual, which is published by the U.S. Army, meets the emergency medical training needs of individual soldiers. Because medical personnel will not always be readily available, the nonmedical soldiers will have to rely heavily on their own skills and knowledge of life-sustaining methods to survive on the integrated battlefield. This manual also addresses first aid measures for other life- threatening situations. It outlines both self-treatment (self-aid) and aid to other soldiers (buddy aid). More importantly, this manual emphasizes prompt and effective action in sustaining life and preventing or minimizing further suffering. First aid is the emergency care given to the sick, injured, or wounded before being treated by medical personnel.
*** This application is completely based on the United States Army First Aid Field Manual FM 21-11. ***
- Both Portrait and Landscape modes are supported. Landscape mode is preferred for better reading experience.
- Zooming is supported in order to see the text/images better.
List of Contents
- CHAPTER 1. Fundamental Criteria for First Aid
Section I. EVALUATE CASUALTY
Section II. UNDERSTAND VITAL BODY FUNCTIONS
- CHAPTER 2. Basic Measures for First Aid
Section I. OPEN THE AIRWAY AND RESTORE BREATHING
Section II. STOP THE BLEEDING AND PROTECT THE WOUND
Section III. CHECK AND TREAT FOR SHOCK
- CHAPTER 3. First Aid for Special Wounds
Section I. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR HEAD INJURIES
Section II. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR FACE AND NECK INJURIES
Section III. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR CHEST AND ABDOMINAL WOUNDS AND BURN INJURIES
Section IV. APPLY PROPER BANDAGES TO UPPER AND LOWER EXTREMITIES
- CHAPTER 4. First Aid for Fractures
- CHAPTER 5. First Aid for Climatic Injury
- CHAPTER 6. First Aid for Bites and Stings
- CHAPTER 7. First Aid in Toxic Environments
Section I. INDIVIDUAL PROTECTION AND FIRST AID EQUIPMENT FOR TOXIC SUBSTANCES
Section II. CHEMICAL-BIOLOGICAL AGENTS
Section III. NERVE AGENTS
Section IV. OTHER AGENTS
- CHAPTER 8. First Aid for Psychological Reactions
- APPENDIX A. First Aid Case and Kits, Dressings, and Bandages
- APPENDIX B. Rescue and Transportation Procedures
- APPENDIX C. Common Problems/Conditions
Section I. HEALTH MAINTENANCE
Section II. FIRST AID FOR COMMON PROBLEMS
- APPENDIX E. Digital Pressure
- APPENDIX F. Decontamination Procedures
- APPENDIX G. Skill Level 1 Tasks
This app includes the latest first aid advice and protocols for dealing with emergency situations. It is simple to follow with illustrated guides and voiced instructions.
The app doesn’t replace the benefits of learning first aid on a St John Ambulance course, nor is it as in depth as a full first aid manual. But when there is an emergency, it will help you to know what to do to in those few crucial moments when basic knowledge of first aid can make the difference.
Nothing is more tragic than a life lost needlessly. You can be the difference between life and death.
Please note: The first aid advice is based solely upon UK protocols. Both the UK and European emergency service numbers are provided.
Basic techniques for saving someones life:.
- Use wizard if you are not sure with which injury you are dealing with
- There is a hyperlink for all emergency services
- The basic things that you need to know about disasters and how to prepare for them
- Information about first aid lessons for future drivers
- Information about organization of Red Cross
The application support both cyrillic and latin alphabet, which can be selected in the menu.
There are many programs to learn basic first aid taught by schools, Fire Departments, hospitals, and community organizations that are a great tool for everyone.
First Aid is usually administered under the premise of immediate care for an illness or injury. Members of the general public are taught to administer this care until the arrival of qualified medical personnel at the scene of a medical emergency.
While external first aid training courses have their supporters, there are strong arguments in support of managed on-site first aid training, because it can be tailored to suit the industry, location and the First Aider student.
Alsco Training (Alscotraining.com.au) says on-site trainers can assess the likely skills needed by the First Aider trainee. This assessment can lead to more job or site-specific training because of the increased risk of, for example, industrial accidents.
The on-site trainer also can inspect first aid kits and ensure there are enough kits for the number of employees at the facility and that their contents are appropriate for the business.
But regardless of where and how first aid training is provided, it is important to understand that not all courses are the same.
- Updated to reflect The American Heart Association Guidelines on CPR & Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 34 videos and 46 high-resolution illustrations added
- Added Search functionality
- Reorganized content to make it easier to find help in an emergency
- Adult, Child, and Infant CPR
- Adult, Child, and Infant Choking
- Redesigned user interface for ease of use
- Bug fixes and other enhancements to improve user experience
Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association helps save a life in Haiti. Read the incredible story of Dan Woolley, who survived 65 hours under rubble using this application. As seen on CNN, NBC Nightly News, Fox News, London Daily Mail, NPR, and many more. http://bit.ly/7LgxSu
All content provided by the American Heart Association, the nation's oldest and largest voluntary health organization dedicated to building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke. Learn more by visiting www.heart.org. Powered by Jive Media, the leading producer of consumer medical applications for mobile devices: http://jive.me/technology/
Send us your requests/feedback. We'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
This application is designed for the general public and is not meant to substitute for full CPR and first aid training, nor is it meant to be used by a healthcare provider in a professional setting.
- Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
- Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
- Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
- Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
- Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
It provides you good, efficient, effective and simple way of first aid.
It covers topics related to health,emergency levels, treatment, care and attention to the injured, and all accident prevention and emergency treatment and recovery.
It is reliable and easy way to find emergency solutions.
It is divided into 12 main sections.
Each main Section deals with a wide range of situations and divided into relivant sub sections.
Aims of First Aid Treatment
* Preserve life : the overriding aim of all medical care is to save lives and minimise the threat of death.
* Prevent further harm : also sometimes called prevent the condition from worsening, or danger of further injury, this covers both external factors, such as moving a patient away from any cause of harm, and applying first aid techniques to prevent worsening of the condition, such as applying pressure to stop a bleed becoming dangerous.
* Promote recovery : first aid also involves trying to start the recovery process from the illness or injury, and in some cases might involve completing a treatment, such as in the case of applying a plaster to a small wound.
First aid training also involves the prevention of initial injury and responder safety, and the treatment phases. And it is a kit of aid.
First Aid Family is "A First Aid Guide for All"
This app is an A-Z guide of First Aid for Families, Teachers, Moms, Dads & Anyone who requires first aid help FAST, just in case the unthinkable happens you will have first aid right on your device.
*10% of your purchase of this First Aid Family Guide App will go to The Red Cross.
Accidents happen. So does the unexpected. It’s best to be prepared. That’s where this First Aid Family Guide App comes in.
- It is SIMPLE & EASY to Use
-This app takes up very little space up on your device, less than 1MB
- Email any topic of information to family & friends by choosing the option button on your device.
-10% of your purchase of this First Aid Family Guide App will go to The Red Cross.
- It also features caching (saving) to your device for offline viewing when you have no internet reception.
(*View the section that you want first with an internet connection only one time & then your device will have it stored for offline viewing if you need.)
- Ad Free
- It is packed with over 90 sections of first aid treatment for all sections as well as home remedies (for specific sections).
Here is the Table of Contents:
Anorexia & Bulimia
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Corns and Calluses
Cuts and Wounds
EAR - Rescue Breathing
Emergency Action Plan
Family Disaster Kit
First Aid Kit Checklist
Lost In The Woods
Nausea and Vomiting
Poison Ivy, Oak and Sumac
Shaken Baby Syndrome
Skin Closure Strips
*You can make a difference for yourself, friends & family... with the purchase of this app (10% of your purchase will go to The Red Cross.)
Thank you ~
Created for the non-professional responder, GotoAID's easy-to-follow instructions and illustrations walk the first aid provider step-by-step through the appropriate responses for everything from bee stings to weather related emergencies to a complete Sudden Cardiac Arrest incident. GotoAID is also an outstanding resource for those who want to enhance their emergency care training by providing instructions for many types of emergency situations not traditionally included in a basic first aid course.