- Updated to reflect The American Heart Association Guidelines on CPR & Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- 34 videos and 46 high-resolution illustrations added
- Added Search functionality
- Reorganized content to make it easier to find help in an emergency
- Adult, Child, and Infant CPR
- Adult, Child, and Infant Choking
- Redesigned user interface for ease of use
- Bug fixes and other enhancements to improve user experience
Pocket First Aid & CPR from the American Heart Association helps save a life in Haiti. Read the incredible story of Dan Woolley, who survived 65 hours under rubble using this application. As seen on CNN, NBC Nightly News, Fox News, London Daily Mail, NPR, and many more. http://bit.ly/7LgxSu
All content provided by the American Heart Association, the nation's oldest and largest voluntary health organization dedicated to building healthier lives, free of heart disease and stroke. Learn more by visiting www.heart.org. Powered by Jive Media, the leading producer of consumer medical applications for mobile devices: http://jive.me/technology/
Send us your requests/feedback. We'd love to hear from you: firstname.lastname@example.org
This application is designed for the general public and is not meant to substitute for full CPR and first aid training, nor is it meant to be used by a healthcare provider in a professional setting.
Pet Info section coming soon!
The information is all hosted on the app itself, meaning no internet connection is needed, making it fast and easy to access. Best of all, it’s free. Get this essential app on your smartphone now.
Simple, easy-to-understand advice and frequently asked questions on 18 everyday first aid scenarios. Videos, step-by-step instructions and animations make it fun and easy to pick up.
Get expert tips on how to prepare for some of the most common emergency situations, from severe winter weather to road traffic accidents. Includes checklists on how to prepare and tips on what to do during.
Your personal panic button, this instantly accessible, step-by-step section gives you just enough information to know what to do in emergency first aid situations.
Find out how much you’ve learned by taking interactive quizzes. Earn achievement badges and share them with your friends on Twitter and Facebook to show off your life-saving knowledge.
Find out more about the life-saving work of the British Red Cross, including volunteering opportunities, latest news and information on in-depth first aid courses.
Download this essential app today.
* Note that while emergency numbers throughout the app are for UK users, the information in this app will be useful to anyone, anywhere in the world.
The app is ad-free and spam free.
This app requires an SD card with 40MB of free space, and it’ll work on Android 2.2 or upwards.
-- One of “10 Great Apps for Android Tablets” (9/2012) – Mashable
-- First Aid By American Red Cross is a fix for what ails you.” - Appolicious
-- One of the 50 Best Apps for Parents of 2012 – Babble.com
-- First Aid American Red Cross App Should be Installed on Every Phone – Android Police
-- One of “8 Ways Your Phone Doubles as a Wilderness Survival Tool” (7/2012) – Mashable
-- One of “10 apps that can save your life during a natural disaster” – ComplexTech
-- One of “10 Online Resources to Prepare for the Mayan Apocalypse” – Mashable
Accidents happen. The official American Red Cross First Aid app puts expert advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. Get the app and be prepared for what life brings. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
· HEAT STROKE AND RELATED CONTENT NOW INCLUDED IN LEARN AND EMERGENCY TABS
· Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
· Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
· Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
· Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
· Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
The app is ad-free and spam free.
This app requires an SD card with 40MB of free space, and it’ll work on Android 2.2 or upwards.
This app includes the latest first aid advice and protocols for dealing with emergency situations. It is simple to follow with illustrated guides and voiced instructions.
The app doesn’t replace the benefits of learning first aid on a St John Ambulance course, nor is it as in depth as a full first aid manual. But when there is an emergency, it will help you to know what to do to in those few crucial moments when basic knowledge of first aid can make the difference.
Nothing is more tragic than a life lost needlessly. You can be the difference between life and death.
Please note: The first aid advice is based solely upon UK protocols. Both the UK and European emergency service numbers are provided.
This First Aid manual, which is published by the U.S. Army, meets the emergency medical training needs of individual soldiers. Because medical personnel will not always be readily available, the nonmedical soldiers will have to rely heavily on their own skills and knowledge of life-sustaining methods to survive on the integrated battlefield. This manual also addresses first aid measures for other life- threatening situations. It outlines both self-treatment (self-aid) and aid to other soldiers (buddy aid). More importantly, this manual emphasizes prompt and effective action in sustaining life and preventing or minimizing further suffering. First aid is the emergency care given to the sick, injured, or wounded before being treated by medical personnel.
*** This application is completely based on the United States Army First Aid Field Manual FM 21-11. ***
- Both Portrait and Landscape modes are supported. Landscape mode is preferred for better reading experience.
- Zooming is supported in order to see the text/images better.
List of Contents
- CHAPTER 1. Fundamental Criteria for First Aid
Section I. EVALUATE CASUALTY
Section II. UNDERSTAND VITAL BODY FUNCTIONS
- CHAPTER 2. Basic Measures for First Aid
Section I. OPEN THE AIRWAY AND RESTORE BREATHING
Section II. STOP THE BLEEDING AND PROTECT THE WOUND
Section III. CHECK AND TREAT FOR SHOCK
- CHAPTER 3. First Aid for Special Wounds
Section I. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR HEAD INJURIES
Section II. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR FACE AND NECK INJURIES
Section III. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR CHEST AND ABDOMINAL WOUNDS AND BURN INJURIES
Section IV. APPLY PROPER BANDAGES TO UPPER AND LOWER EXTREMITIES
- CHAPTER 4. First Aid for Fractures
- CHAPTER 5. First Aid for Climatic Injury
- CHAPTER 6. First Aid for Bites and Stings
- CHAPTER 7. First Aid in Toxic Environments
Section I. INDIVIDUAL PROTECTION AND FIRST AID EQUIPMENT FOR TOXIC SUBSTANCES
Section II. CHEMICAL-BIOLOGICAL AGENTS
Section III. NERVE AGENTS
Section IV. OTHER AGENTS
- CHAPTER 8. First Aid for Psychological Reactions
- APPENDIX A. First Aid Case and Kits, Dressings, and Bandages
- APPENDIX B. Rescue and Transportation Procedures
- APPENDIX C. Common Problems/Conditions
Section I. HEALTH MAINTENANCE
Section II. FIRST AID FOR COMMON PROBLEMS
- APPENDIX E. Digital Pressure
- APPENDIX F. Decontamination Procedures
- APPENDIX G. Skill Level 1 Tasks
There are many programs to learn basic first aid taught by schools, Fire Departments, hospitals, and community organizations that are a great tool for everyone.
First Aid is usually administered under the premise of immediate care for an illness or injury. Members of the general public are taught to administer this care until the arrival of qualified medical personnel at the scene of a medical emergency.
While external first aid training courses have their supporters, there are strong arguments in support of managed on-site first aid training, because it can be tailored to suit the industry, location and the First Aider student.
Alsco Training (Alscotraining.com.au) says on-site trainers can assess the likely skills needed by the First Aider trainee. This assessment can lead to more job or site-specific training because of the increased risk of, for example, industrial accidents.
The on-site trainer also can inspect first aid kits and ensure there are enough kits for the number of employees at the facility and that their contents are appropriate for the business.
But regardless of where and how first aid training is provided, it is important to understand that not all courses are the same.
This application First Aid Kit is for creating awareness for the people who stuck with accidents and other common medical difficulties like Asthma, Unconsciousness, diabetics, Snake Bites, Road Accident, Burns, Fracture, Heart attack, Poisoning, Eye Injuries.
First Aid Kit, Injured, Kit, First Aid, Health Care, first responder, critical problems, bleeding, Heart attack, Asthma, Unconsciousness, diabetics, Snake Bites, Road Accident, Burns, Fracture, Poisoning, Eye Injuries.
Basic techniques for saving someones life:.
- Use wizard if you are not sure with which injury you are dealing with
- There is a hyperlink for all emergency services
- The basic things that you need to know about disasters and how to prepare for them
- Information about first aid lessons for future drivers
- Information about organization of Red Cross
The application support both cyrillic and latin alphabet, which can be selected in the menu.
Basic First Aid ** FREE **
Do YOU remember what you were taught back in the day about first aid? Any ideal what to do in a medical first ad emergency?
Do you have the essentials knowledge of first aid for you and your family? How prepared are you?
With this guide by your side, you and your family will learn the basics of first aid and how important to have at the minim a basic knowledge. In other words, this guide could be a lifesaver.
Inside you'll find steps to an affordable food storage program plus how to:
·Prepare a First Aid Kit
·Care of Cuts and Scraps
·Care for Burns and how to Prevent Burns
·What to do for a Poisoning
·And many more invaluable hints and tips
Grab the FREE First Aid App Today!
In medicine book First Aid Guide you’ll find medical dictionary and first aid tips. It's a new medicine dictionary that'll give you necessary information about first aid techniques. Pass first aid test successfully and learn medical terms and different first aid medicines free.
>>>>>> First Aid Guide <<<<<<
- Your personal first aid book and first aid guide is always with you;
- Well described and colorful articles;
- Detailed instructions;
- Safety tips for everything;
- Free to use.
First Aid Guide free app – learn medicine, save people.
- Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
- Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
- Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
- Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
- Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
This course is delivered in HD video and is narrated in US English, UK English, French, German, Spanish, Hindi and Chinese by certified First Aid instructors in a non-technical manner. The content is easy to understand and is valuable information that everyone should know.
Please note that a Micro SD card with at least 100MB is required to use this application.
About Us: Redi-Medic is a North American manufacturer of custom and professional emergency kits for over 23 years. During this time our kits for adventure, earthquakes, floods, and war zones have been shipped throughout the world. Over four years ago in order to promote awareness about public safety and health, we teamed up with professional first aid instructors to create these video series to include with our kits. The overwhelming positive response we received prompted us to release the series as applications for iPhone®/iPod®/iPad®, BlackBerry®, and Android™ devices.
To see rest of the series, please type redimedic, redi-medic, or redivideos in the search box of this page, or visit www.redimedic.com for live demonstrations and more information. Multiple license structures are available for your company or organization.
More from developer
Created for the non-professional responder, GotoAID's easy-to-follow instructions and illustrations walk the first aid provider step-by-step through the appropriate responses for everything from bee stings to weather related emergencies to a complete Sudden Cardiac Arrest incident. GotoAID is also an outstanding resource for those who want to enhance their emergency care training by providing instructions for many types of emergency situations not traditionally included in a basic first aid course.