Download topo maps for the US and many other countries in advance, so you won't need cell coverage for navigation. Use storage memory for maps.
New: Android Wear support to see navigation at a glance on wrist
Use GPS waypoints from GPX or KML files, or enter your own coordinates using longitude/latitude, UTM, MGRS, or grid reference. Using GOTO makes a waypoint a locus for navigation.
This uses many publicly available map sources as free downloads. Some additional content available as an in app purchase:
-Accuterra Topo Map Source for $19.99/year. This can be purchased and used with or in instead of the free sources.
-Digital Globe Subscription allows offline storage of high res satellite imagery for much of the world.
- Boundary maps for 12 western states from the Bureau of Land Management(BLM) Overlay for topo maps valued by hunters.
-GMU boundaries in some states
-Lake Contours in several states.
-Content from US TrailMaps including:
-ATV, Whitewater, and Equestrian Trail Maps
See the menu under More-> "Purchasing AddOns". They can be shown on top of topo maps.
You may try the DEMO version to make sure you like the maps in your country.
About topo (topographic) maps: Topo maps show terrain through color and contours, and are useful for navigation offroad. Topo maps and GPS can be used for hiking, hunting, kayaking, snowshoeing, & backpacker trails.
You can create your own maps with Mobile Atlas Creator, or specify a custom tile server. Built in sources include:
OpenStreetMaps from MapQuest
OpenCycleMaps showing terrain worldwide
US Topo Maps from Caltopo and the USGS
USTopo: Aerial Photography with markup.
Canada Topo Maps from Toporama
Marine maps: NOAA RNC Nautical Charts (coastal)
USGS Color Aerial photography
Topographic Maps of Spain and Italy
Topo maps of New Zealand
Japan GSI maps.
Many of the above sources are generally free to use.
Use offline topo maps and GPS on hiking trails without cell service. The GPS in your Android phone can get its position from GPS satellites, and you don’t have to rely on your data plan to get maps. Have more fun and safe GPS navigation in the backcountry.
Use as a geocaching navigator by getting a pocket query as GPX.
Besides geocaching, use GPS for recording tracks and GPS waypoints on your trip, all the while tracking your GPS quest on topographic maps. It may replace your Garmin handheld GPS.
Here are some of the outdoor GPS activities BackCountry Navigator has been used for:
As a hiking GPS both on hiking trails and off trail.
Camping trips to find that perfect camping site or the way back to camp with GPS.
Hunting trips for hunting wild game in rugged areas.
Doing recon for a hunt or as your hunting GPS
Fishing: make it your fishing GPS.
Search and Rescue (SAR).
Trekking the Pacific Crest trail or other long term hiking.
Kayak and canoe treks on inland lakes and streams or marine, coastal waters.
Backpacker trips: using topo maps of wilderness areas and national forests for navigation on trails with the GPS in your rucksack or backpack.
Find your own ways to have fun in the outdoors. Be a maverick by venturing beyond cell service boundaries with your GPS. Become a pro at navigation with GPS for the outdoors.
BackCountry Navigator has been on WM devices and preloaded on the Trimble Nomad outdoor rugged device. This Android version is more flexible, featured, and fun. Create a memory with maps.
For a one time fee, this a great addition to the outdoor gear you bought at Cabelas, REI, or another outdoor store. Many have found the Android GPS in a phone or tablet to substitute for a Garmin GPS or Magellan GPS, such as the Garmin GPS units Montana, Etrex, or Oregon. Android can be your handheld GPS.
bybyke® shows you the position, path and distance to get to several points of interest that are still being updated and added: from biotopes to castles; from water fountains to typical restaurants; from camping to hotels; from pharmacy to local art and crafts; from bike service to outdoor activitys; from first aid centers to public security.
It provides you with information about 17 cycle paths split into 60 routes feasible within a day, depending on hiker’s preparation: from kids to trained cyclists.
Information provided for each route is:
Starting point and ending point
Estimated cycling time
Height difference in both directions
Min and max altitude.
With bybyke® on your smartphone every push on the pedals it's new revelation. And it have a solution for every unforeseen.
Property: N.A.Tour s.r.l. - New Applications for Tourism
Developers: Federico Dionisi, Mattia Guella, Giovanni Cappelletti
User Interface Designer: Leandro Lisboa
Graphic communication: Luca Boscardin
Go into the outdoors with confidence and enjoy your activities without worrying about the tools to help you navigate. Your Outdoor Navigation app is made by the people who have been developing this software since 2003 across multiple platforms. Be sure that you will stay ahead of the rest with continuous updates and relevant tools.
It is an excellent tool for biking, jogging, skiing, hiking, geocaching, boating, flying and many other sporting activities.
- Online Street and Satellite Google Maps plus more than 75 other online maps!
- Search places
- Track recording, creating custom Photo POIs
- Online Route Planning from A to B (car, pedestrian, beeline, plus bicycle and public transport in countries where available), manual route drawing
- Outdoor Navigation with Digital Compass
- Trip Computer with 40 selectable tools with multiple layout options
- Track, analyze and compare your tracks on Charts
- Share your tracks and POIs via E-mail with embedded Chart and Map view
- Displaying your geo-tagged photos from a Gallery on the Map
- Info message sending via SMS
- English, German, Italian, French, Hungarian, Spanish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Russian and Korean languages are supported.
You can purchase other addons for this application to make your Outdoor activities even more exciting:
Outdoor Offline Maps
US Terrain Intelligence (location specific, USA only)
Or buy the PRO version of Outdoor Navigation which gives you the base application and all the available plugins (Compass, Speedometer, Offline Maps, Charts, SOS, Share) in one purchase at a great discount.
Additional info at http://www.gpstuner.com
Please send us your feedback or request: firstname.lastname@example.org
This app is BEST FOR: GPS route finding; map and compass navigation; topo maps; recording trips like hiking, camping, paddling, ATV riding, offroading, snowshoeing and backcountry skiing.
***Try our free app but also consider our PRO app with even more features, including:
MAP CACHING: Save maps to your device for viewing while on those trips in remote areas where there are no cellular or data signals. Get exclusive access to free MyTopo maps, including more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada, as well as aerial, terrain, street and hybrid maps.
MAP PACKS: Create a map pack for your adventure that includes customized map types and zoom levels.
TAKE VIDEO: Record videos from your device that are automatically geo-tagged to your location.
YOUTUBE INTEGRATION: Send your trail videos directly to YouTube to share with the world.
MORE COORDINATES: Convert coordinates to UTM and NAD 27 map datum.
** START WITH GREAT MAPS **
• View five different map types: streets, hybrid, aerial, topo and terrain.
• Get exclusive and enhanced topo maps from MyTopo. Access more than 68,000 topo maps in US and Canada that are seamlessly stitched together for fast and easy viewing. Topos scales are 1:24K in the Lower 48, 1:63K in Alaska and 1:50K in Canada.
• NEW: Plug in statewide topo maps into your Android with our new SD cards. Learn more at: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/SDCards/
** POWERFUL NAVIGATION TOOLS **
Digital Compass: Navigate with digital compass. Choose between: Magnetic North and True North.
Waypoints: Mark waypoints like trailheads, summits, important turns, and campsites on to the map. Add names and detailed descriptions. Go to previous marked waypoints too.
Tracks: Track your route on the map.
Goto: Use the Goto feature to navigate from your current location to a waypoint.
Guide Trips: Use trips previously recorded by you or others to help guide you on the trail, on remote backroads, and more.
** CHRONICLE YOUR ADVENTURE **
Capture Media: Take geo-tagged photos and audio clips of your trip
Stat Tracking: See 10+ adventure stats, such as distance, speed, elevation and more
Share with Friends: Share your adventure on Facebook, Twitter, and TrimbleOutdoors.com
Trips: Access to thousands trips around the U.S. and Canada
** SAVE TO THE TRIP CLOUD **
Register a free account to save your outdoor trips to our Trip Cloud. Benefits include:
• Store and backup unlimited trips. Never lose files again.
• Auto-sync trips between your computer, Android and iPad.
• Enhance trips from Trimble Outdoors Navigator with map tools at trimbleoutdoors.com, including .gpx import, geo-tagged photos and videos, turn-by-turn routes and more. (requires membership)
• Open trips in our iPad trip-planning app, Trimble Outdoors MyTopo Maps.
• Share and exchange trips with the Trimble Outdoors community or privately between outdoor friends.
** LEARN MORE **
Visit our website and check out thousands of trips submitted by the Trimble Outdoors community. Click over to: trimbleoutdoors.com.
Feedback Wanted: Found a bug? Want a new feature? Drop us a line on our Facebook page, facebook.com/trimbleoutdoors.
Note: Trimble Outdoors Navigator is designed for Android phones, not tablets. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Some of the main features:
• Works online (fast) or offline (no roaming charges when you are abroad)
• Turn-by-turn voice guidance (recorded and synthesized voices)
• Optional lane guidance, street name display, and estimated time of arrival
• Supports intermediate points on your itinerary
• Automatic re-routing whenever you deviate from the route
• Search for places by address, by type (e.g.: restaurant, hotel, gas station, museum), or by geographical coordinates
• Display your position and orientation on the map
• Optionally align the map according to compass or your direction of motion
• Save your most important places as Favorites
• Display POIs (point of interests) around you
• Can display specialized online tile maps
• Can display satellite view (from Bing)
• Can display different overlays like touring/navigation GPX tracks and additional maps with customizable transparency
• Optionally display place names in English, local, or phonetic spelling
Use OpenStreetMap and Wikipedia Data
• High quality information from the best collaborative projects of the world
• Global maps from OpenStreetMap, available per country or region
• Wikipedia POIs, great for sightseeing (not available in free version)
• Free download, directly from the app (download limit 10 map files in free version)
• Always up-to-date maps (updated at least once a month)
• Compact offline vector maps
• Select between complete map data and just road network (Example: All of Japan is 700 MB, or 200 MB for the road network only)
• Also supports online or cached tile maps
• Optional automated day/night view switching
• Optional speed limit display, with reminder if you exceed it
• Optional speed-dependent map zooming
• Share your location so that your friends can find you
Bicycle and Pedestrian Features
• The maps include foot, hiking, and bike paths, great for outdoor activities
• Special routing and display modes for bike and pedestrian
• Optional public transport stops (bus, tram, train) including line names
• Optional trip recording to local GPX file or online service
• Optional speed and altitude display
• Display of contour lines and hill-shading (via additional plugin)
Directly Contribute to OpenStreetMap
• Report map bugs
• Upload GPX tracks to OSM directly from the app
• Add POIs and directly upload them to OSM (or later if offline)
• Optional trip recording also in background mode (while device is in sleep mode)
OsmAnd is open source and actively being developed. Everyone can contribute to the application by reporting bugs, improving translations, or coding new features. The project is in a lively state of continuous improvement by all these forms of developer and user interaction. The project progress also relies on financial contributions to fund the development, coding, and testing of new functionalities. By buying OsmAnd+ you help the application to be even more awesome! It is also possible to fund specific new features, or to make a general donation on osmand.net.
Very approximate map coverage and quality:
• Western Europe: ****
• Eastern Europe: ***
• Russia: ***
• North America: ***
• South America: **
• Asia: **
• Japan & Korea: ***
• Middle East: **
• Africa: **
• Antarctica: *
Most countries around the globe available as map downloads!
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, here are just few more examples: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Mexico, Spain, UK, USA.
- Explore new places
- Download cycling and hiking maps for offline use
- Plan your geocaching adventure
- Save you favorite routes and places
- Save your battery with smart GPS system
- Import your own tracks and points
- Enjoy new and improved features every month
and much more
“There’s no question that Locus is an outstanding Android map app. It works as it should, the interface is clean, map selection is good, and feature set is solid. “ androgeoid.com
“This app is very impressive in terms of the amount of options, functions, maps and other cool stuff that it has to offer.” androidpit.com
AndroidPIT silver badge
Do you like hiking, cycling, running or backpacking? Or any other outdoor activity like backcountry skiing? Locus Map is for you. Download it for free today!
Most notable features of Locus Map:
➤ Online maps
- USGS, GSI, Openstreetmap, MapQuest, Visicom, Kapsi.fi, Turistautak, SHOCart, SmartMaps, Freemap, SledMap, Skoterleder, , Navigasi, Turaterkep, NzTopoMaps, Osmapa.pl, ChartBundle and more
- most of them are downloadable for offline viewing
- full WMS maps support
➤ Offline maps
- download online maps for offline use
- vector maps for drivers, hikers, cyclists and skiers - downloadable by in-app purchase
- supported formats: SQLite, TAR maps, MBT maps, GEMF, RMAP, Orux, SmartMaps
- create your own maps from OpenStreetMap data or custom themes
- for an address, coordinates, points of interests and local photos
- for local places with Google Places and Wikipedia
➤ Point of interest (POI) & Tracks
- handle unlimited number of Points of interests and tracks
create your own points of interests and tracks
organize to categories
- use Geocaching Live! service and add-ons to get full offline experience when you search for caches
- waypoints, PocketQuery, trackables, spoilers supported
- Do you have Groundspeak premium membership? Enjoy unlimited support for geocaching.com. You don’t have it? With Locus Map Free, Pro and its addons you can download 3 caches a day or import them from somewhere else.
➤ Track record
- record the way you want
- custom themes for maps – color changing with altitude or with speed
- support for ANT+ sensors
➤ Voice navigation & voice guide
- full support for Online voice navigation
- voice & notification guiding on single waypoint (by compass or on the map) and along the route
- integration of GPS’s, Breadcrumbs, Trainingstagebuch, Street View, Google Earth and others
- KML, KMZ, GPX, OpenAir, DXF support (export)
- smart GPS usage that saves your battery
- satellite screens with current weather situation
- GPS status notification
- Bluetooth GPS support
➤ Highly customizable
- set everything the way you want and need
➤ Integration of Google My Maps (reading and editing)
➤ POI alert
➤ Fully customizable trip computer (dashboard)
➤ Ability to use apps like c:geo, Sygic, GPS status and others directly from Locus
➤ API for developers
➤ Try one of our existing 3rd party add-ons
- for geocaching: Geocaching4Locus, GeoGet database, GSAK database
- others: Augmented reality, Foursquare, etc.
Is cycling, hiking, running or backpacking your thing? You’ll love Locus Map!
Download the free version now or buy the PRO version to gain access to premium features.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
'Know where you are, know where you have been, and get where you want to go.'
With reliable GPS track recordings, a large GPS compass, various online and offline (free) maps and extensive search options, you can navigate when you go off the beaten track.
Know where you are
Check out the large compass with G-force meter, and read your speed, altitude, and slope. Study the trip computer to know your performance over time.
Use various online maps and offline maps, all for free! Use the maps to navigate. Just tap on the map and get instant information like accurate coordinates, street view images, addresses and distances.
Know where you have been
Record GPS Points Of Interest (POIs), for example to remember where you parked your car.
Record GPS tracks while you are walking. Check out performance figures of your tracks like altitude and speed profiles.
Get where you want to go
Navigate to POIs and navigate along tracks, supported by a large compass. Besides the compass, you will get clear instructions by visuals and spoken voice.
Search for addresses and businesses via Google, or via Yahoo if you prefer. Search for photos of Panoramio. Search for interesting spots via Wikipedia. Even search for and download tracks from GPSies, which offers around one million tracks by now.
Track your buddies live on your Android device or PC, and be aware that they track you! Just for fun, but also for safety while being in the outback.
Tracky support the following languages: Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Traditional and Simple Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish.
A free trial version 'TrackyTry' is also available. It has the same features as the paid Tracky app, except that recorded tracks and POIs will not be stored.
Tracky: GPS track recording, large compass, online and offline maps, search, navigate
Über 3.000 Fahrradtouren mit topographischen Karten, Navigationsfunktion entlang der Strecke, individueller Tourenplanung inkl. Trackaufzeichnung sowie praktische Reparaturtipps für den Fall der Fälle unterwegs – das ist der neue ADAC Fahrrad Touren Navigator Deutschland 2014.
Jede Tour ist mit Angaben zum Schwierigkeitsgrad, Bildern, einem Höhenprofil und einer ausführlichen Beschreibung inkl. Streckenverlauf auf der topographischen Karte im Maßstab 1:25.000 exakt dargestellt. Eingeteilt in die Kategorien Radfahren, Rennrad, Mountainbike und Fernradweg können Sie die kompletten Toureninformationen inkl. Karte downloaden und schon kann es komplett offline, also ohne Internetverbindung unterwegs, losgehen.
Mit der neuen Navigator-Funktion sind Sie dann unter freiem Himmel immer auf dem richtigen Weg. Jederzeit wird Ihnen auf dem Bildschirm angezeigt wo Sie sich auf der Strecke befinden, wann Sie abbiegen müssen, wie weit es bis zur nächsten Wegkreuzung ist und wie lange Sie ungefähr noch zum Ziel brauchen. Durch die Umgebungssuche finden Sie auch unterwegs immer sofort Tourenvorschläge in Ihrem Umkreis – inkl. Anfahrtsplanung zum Startpunkt.
Mit der freien Tourenplanung können Sie sogar einfach Start- und Zielpunkte angeben und schon schlägt Ihnen der ADAC Fahrrad Touren Navigator eine neue fahrradgeeignete Strecke vor. Weitere Optionen wie z.B. die Rundtourplanung bieten Ihnen immer wieder neue Möglichkeiten für Ihre nächste Tour. Dazu kommen auch noch Favoritenfunktionen und die Möglichkeit, Ihre eigenen Tracks aufzuzeichnen. So macht die Radtourenplanung Spaß! Und falls Sie unterwegs mal plötzlich eine Fahrrad-Panne haben, finden Sie in der App jede Menge praktischer und hilfreicher Tipps für die Behebung kleinerer Probleme.
Diese mehr als 3.000 Touren sind in der App enthalten:
- ca. 2400 Fahrrad Touren
- ca. 500 Mountainbike Touren
- ca. 150 Rennrad Touren
- ca. 200 Fernradweg Touren
Regionale Verteilung der Touren:
- Baden-Württemberg: ca. 650 Touren
- Bayern: ca. 870 Touren
- Berlin: ca. 20 Touren
- Brandenburg: ca. 150 Touren
- Hamburg: ca. 50 Touren
- Hessen: ca. 180 Touren
- Mecklenburg-Vorpommern: ca. 160 Touren
- Niedersachsen: ca. 350 Touren
- Nordrhein-Westfalen: ca. 350 Touren
- Rheinland-Pfalz: ca. 150 Touren
- Saarland: ca. 40 Touren
- Sachsen: ca. 80 Touren
- Sachsen-Anhalt: ca. 80 Touren
- Schleswig-Holstein: ca. 70 Touren
- Thüringen: ca. 40 Touren
Infos entlang der Route: ob Verkehrsinfos, Tankstellen oder z. B. Restaurants - aktivieren Sie diese Option bei der Routenberechnung, um Informationen / POIs anzeigen zu lassen, die sich unmittelbar auf bzw. an Ihrer Route befinden.
Die Infoart "Tankstellen & Preise" bietet Ihnen ab sofort die aktuellen, von der Markttranzparenzstelle gemeldeten Spritpreise, sowie die aktuellen Erdgas/CNG-Preise.
Aktivieren Sie einfach unter dem Menüpunkt "StauScanner" die Funktion und tragen Sie durch Ihre regelmäßig anonym verschickten Positions- und Geschwindigkeitsdaten zur Verbesserung der Verkehrsflussanzeige und der Staumeldungen bei. Das Ergebnis können Sie live sehen, wenn Sie in der App die Verkehrsflussanzeige aktivieren. Je nach Mobilfunkvertrag können bei der Datenübertragung Kosten anfallen.
Sie sind als Staumelder registriert? Dann melden Sie sich an und gewinnen - bei häufiger Nutzung winken Bonusvorteile. Anmeldung als ADAC-Staumelder und Informationen zum Bonussystem finden Sie unter www.adac.de/stauscanner.
Ihre Staumeldernummer wird nur für das Gewinnspiel verwendet, Ihre Positionsdaten treffen bei uns in anonymisierter Form ein und können nicht zurückverfolgt werden.
Mitglieder sparen bei Themen rund ums Auto, Shopping sowie Freizeitaktivitäten wie Musicals, Freizeitparks und vieles mehr. Informieren Sie sich über die Sparmöglichkeiten in Ihrer Nähe.
Um ADAC Maps für Mitglieder vollständig verwenden zu können, müssen Sie Mitglied im ADAC sein.
Für die Nutzung von ADAC Maps ist eine Internetverbindung erforderlich.
Bei Nutzung im Ausland können zusätzliche, teilweise sehr hohe Roaming-Gebühren anfallen. Bitte informieren Sie sich über die Tarife zur Datennutzung im Ausland bei Ihrem Provider.
Sollten Sie Fehler in den enthaltenen Informationen finden, teilen Sie sie uns bitte über die Supportseiten mit.
In ADAC Maps können Sie sich in einer interaktiven Karte über 30 verschiedene Infos in ADAC-Qualität anzeigen lassen. Zusammen mit der GPS-gestützten Positionserkennung ist es ein Leichtes, sich die Verkehrssituation in der Nähe oder die Sehenswürdigkeiten in der nahen Umgebung anzeigen zu lassen. Die Detailseiten zu den einzelnen Informationen enthalten beispielsweise Öffnungszeiten, Eintrittspreise und Bilder der Sehenswürdigkeiten oder eine 6-Tages-Wettervorhersage.
Folgende Kategorien sind derzeit kostenlos enthalten (außer Parkinfos):
* Verkehr (Verkehrsfluss, Verkehrsinfos und Baustellen, Tankstellen und Raststätten, Umweltzonen, Alpenstraßen, TrafficCams, Parkinfos *) )
* Sehenswertes (Museen, Natur und Outdoor, Unterhaltung, Freizeitparks, Freizeitbäder, Shopping)
* Essen und Übernachten(Hotels, Restaurants)
* Nützliche Adressen (Apotheken, Bahnhöfe, Flughäfen, Krankenhäuser, Touristinformation)
* Wetter und Aktuelles (Wetter, Reisenachrichten)
* ADAC-Informationen (Mitgliedervorteile, ADAC vor Ort, Fahrsicherheitstraining, Ortsclubs & Korporativclubs)
* Multimedia (Bilder, Reisefilme, Webcams)
With the built-in GPS, Outdoor Atlas always shows you your actual position on detailed topographic maps together with appropriate coordinates. The maps are downloaded once on request and stored locally to be used when no GSM connection is available. Currently, following maps are provided:
Additional professional maps can be bought as In-App products. Currently available:
✔ Switzerland (swisstopo maps, official topographic maps of Switzerland incl. hiking trails, SwitzerlandMobility data)
✔ Germany (Alpstein, incl. hiking and biking trails, available in app-internal shop)
✔ Switzerland (Alpstein, incl. hiking and biking trails, available in app-internal shop)
✔ Austria (Alpstein, incl. hiking and biking trails, available in app-internal shop)
✔ France (IGN maps, France mainland and oversea territories, available in app-internal shop)
✔ Britain (Ordnance Survey maps)
✔ Northeast Italy (Alpstein, incl. hiking and biking trails, available in app-internal shop)
✔ Mallorca (Alpstein, available in app-internal shop)
✔ North America Maps (myTopo maps, installable as plugin)
✔ New Zealand (NZTopoMaps, installable as plugin)
✔ Spain (IDEE maps, installable as plugin)
✔ Norway (Statens kartverk, installable as plugin)
✔ Finland (installable as plugin)
...further maps to be announced.
✔ Supports internal and external (Bluetooth) GPS devices
✔ Supports built-in digital compass, respects declination
✔ Import / export tracks, waypoints in GPX or XOL format into internal database
✔ Built-in track editor, fully routing-capable
✔ Support WGS84, UTM, OSGrid, TM35FIN and LV03 coordinates
✔ Download map tiles once and use them offline
✔ Moving-Map mode (keep your position always centered on the screen)
✔ Search geolocations by names and address
✔ Retrieve geoinformation for position
✔ Use favorites to quickly jumpt to specific map, position, scale & layer
✔ TrackLog recording in background
✔ Follow-route mode (useful when visibility is bad)
✔ Goto-Waypoint mode (useful for geo-caching to find exact location)
✔ Infopanel shows you up-to-date information about position, tracklog and waypoint parameters
✔ Browse through the tour database with over 30'000 suggestions for outdoor adventures(hiking, cycling, mountain biking, inline skating, mountaineering, jogging etc.) in the Alps incl. tracks and desciptions.
✔ Browse tour reports from hikr.org
✔ In-App Shop to buy professional maps and app extensions (plugins)
✔ Synchronize your local track data with your favorite web portal, currently supported are SchweizMobil, outdooractive and gpsies.com
Additional functionality can be added to Outdoor Atlas via its plugin-mechanism. Following plugins are currently available in the app's internal shop:
✔ Weather data CH (online weather data of Switzerland)
✔ Skiroutes CH (offline database of ski- and snowshoeroutes of the Swiss Alpine Club (SAC))
✔ Wildlife protection Area CH (offline database with all protection areas in Switzerland)
✔ Swiss Public Transport Stations (Stations and timetable of Switzerland's public transport network)
✔ SwissNames (toponymy database containing all names from the Swiss topographic maps).
This is a free app, but has ads on the map display. If you like to use an ad-free version, then buy the a PRO-licence in the app's internal shop. It will also activate valuable additional features.
Please help to improve the product and report any problems to email@example.com.
You can use OruxMaps for your outdoor activities (running, treking, mountain bike, paragliding, flying, nautic sports,....)
100% no adversisements
Online and offline maps. Support to multiple formats:
-OruxMaps format. You can use maps from Ozi Explorer transformed wit a PC tool.
-.img garmin (vectorial) -no full support is provided-.
-.map (vectorial from mapsforge). Support to custom themes similat than Locus themes.
Support to Wms, you can use the application as a WMS viewer.
Support to multiple external devices:
-Heart rate monitors, bluetooth Zephyr, Polar (including bluettoh smart devices, like polar H7).
-ANT+ (speed, cadence, heart rate, distance,...).
-AIS information systems (experimental), for nautical sports, using Wifi o BT.
Support to KML KMZ and GPX formats.
Share your position with your friends, display the position of your friends in your device.
Download online maps for offline use.
Text to speech support.
Profiles; save your preferences in your SD card.
Statistics with graphics.
Follow routes, with different alarms to alert you if you are near a waypoint, or you are far from the route.
Create/save wayponits, attaching photo/audio/video extensions.
Custom waypoints types, with your icons.
Basic support to Geocaching.
Correct the altitude of your tracks/routes using DEM files (offline) or online services.
Search/download tracks from:
Search or create tracks using online services from Cloudmade or offline using Broute app.
Upload tracks to:
Live tracking using:
More info here: www.oruxmaps.com
Naviki offers Europe-wide best route planning for bicycles and an impressive documentation of your cycling activities. Optionally for everyday, leisure, mountain bike and racing bike Naviki provides ideal connections between any start and destination addresses, it immediately shows your routes on a map and navigates to your target by spoken navigation instructions and arrows on the display. Naviki easily records your own ways and synchronises them with www.naviki.org. The result is an impressive personal collection of ways! Simple and practical: Plan routes on www.naviki.org and transmit them to the App with just one click.
Naviki’s most important functions at a glance:
Simply enter your start and destination, immediately get your customised route with the most important additional information.
Spoken instructions and pleasantly large navigation arrows on your display. By means of spoken instructions, the phone can remain in your pocket which is energy-saving. Spontaneous deviation from a planned route is no problem - Naviki automatically calculates a new route to your destination.
Gives you the cycle tracks for your daily activities. Prefers minor roads, bicycle lanes, rather short and straight routes as well as easy accessible and solid surfaces.
Your cycle routes for tourism and leisure activities. Prefers officially signposted cycle tracks, easy accessible and solid surfaces, minor roads and a nice natural environment.
MOUNTAIN BIKE ROUTING
Your routes for great MTB experiences! Prefers unsealed surfaces, single trails, distinguished and signposted MTB routes as well as forest and country tracks.
RACING BIKE ROUTING
Racing bike routes for fascinating fast trips! Prefers sealed and smooth surfaces, tracks allowing high-speed cycling, minor roads, a scenic environment.
"SHORTER ROUTE" ROUTING
Particularly attractive to reach a destination quickly and directly.
Download high quality Naviki maps on your smartphone and then use them independent of internet access.
For all routes Naviki provides a height profile, the highest and lowest points and the total altitude to be cycled upwards.
Speed, average speed and distance traveled are always in view. During navigation and recording the speedometer is automatically displayed.
RECORDING YOUR OWN PATHS
Just one tap and Naviki records the path you cycle and stores it in your personal Naviki cloud. Easily create an impressive statistic on www.naviki.org! You can always add an individual description to each path.
Plan comfortably on the web and then immediately use your routes via App: transmit your routes from www.naviki.org to your Naviki App by just one click.
LISTS FOR MEMORISED AND RECORDED PATHS
Clearly arranged lists show your recorded paths and the routes you calculated via web or Naviki App. Thus you have always access to your personally most important bicycle routes.
Extras: Turn-by-turn navigation and leisure routing as an in-app purchase are € 3.79 each. Mountain bike routing and racing bike routing are € 4.79 each. Offline Maps starting from € 4,79.
The app supports you pre trip and on trip:
* maps of Bavaria covering 43,000 km cycle pathes
* description and hints for the 120 bavarian cycle pathes with many links
* cycle friendly inns with contact information
* routing for cycle
* information for public transport
* Store maps and routes offline
Special features are:
Cycle pathes and routes can be stored on the mobile phone for offline use without any connection to the internet.
In the companion mode the app checks whether you leave your route and alerts you.
To contact us or make your views heard please use forum.mapfactor.com as Google Play does not allow us to answer your comments or queries.
MapFactor also makes the popular NavigatorFREE for PC, Pocket PC and WinCE.
OpenStreetMap is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world. For more information see www.openstreetmap.org
* intuitive voice navigation in different languages
* door to door route planning
* cross-border routing without the need to switch between countries or to a less detailed map
* overview of the upcoming manoeuvre and distance shown on the screen
GPS satellite navigation
* 2D/3D mode allows realistic visual map display
* day/night modes switch colour schemes for day or night time driving
* map rotates in driving direction, or north up
* find nearest points of interest
* full GB postcodes (1.8 million)
* hear audible warnings as you approach speed cameras
* add your own favourite locations and routes
* routing modes for car, pedestrian, truck
* route avoidance - block off certain road from your route
------------ OpenStreetMap data ------------
Bosnia And Herzegovina
Isle Of Man
United Kingdom Postcode - Ordnance Survey
Antigua And Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Saint Kitts And Nevis
Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
St Pierre And Miquelon
Turks And Caicos Islands
Trinidad And Tobago
United States of America
Wallis And Futuna
Democratic Republic Of Timor Leste
Union Of Myanmar
United Arab Emirates
Federated States Of Micronesia
Northern Mariana Islands
Papua New Guinea
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic Of The Congo
Sao Tome And Principe
United Republic Of Tanzania
Tools included: compass with magnetic and true north, leveling tool, mark or share your location and navigate back later using the Radar.
Keep your GPS fast: reset it or download A-GPS data regularly for faster fixes.
Visit the FAQ at: http://mobiwia.com/gpsstatus
GPS Status is 100% space proof. Try to spot the program in the promo video :)
- show/store/edit/export multiple waypoints and use them on the Radar for navigation.
- pressure, rotation, temperature, humidity values (if supported by the device)
- removed ads
- Location: We need this to display your location and allows the program to re-download AGPS data or reset the GPS.
- External storage: required by the PRO version to be able to export the stored waypoints to an external file.
- Internet: Used by the advertisement component. The PRO version does not use the internet connection at all.
KNOWN FIRMWARE ISSUES (please do not report them):
- Galaxy S4 on Verizon: Because of a firmware bug, the notification item in GPS Status can't be removed. You need to disable the notification feature in Settings if this annoys you.
- Droid 3: The initial Droid 3 firmware does not implement the satellite status API so you will not see the satellites and the signal strength bars. The rest of the features should work properly.
- Motorola phones: On some phones, turning your phone to airplane mode will turn off the GPS receiver, too. This is a hardware limitation.
- Droid Charge: Reports 0 altitude.
- LG Optimus: The phone cannot report the satellite SNR values correctly (all signal bars will be maxed out).
- Samsung phones: Because of a firmware bug, they may report extreme battery consumption for GPS Status even if it is not running at all (other programs using sensors are affected too). This is harmless and no power is consumed! Just ignore it and let's hope that a future firmware upgrade will fix this on your phone.
- Nexus One/S: With Andoid 2.3 it cannot report NMEA sentences. This means that the DOP/HDOP/VDOP values are not available.
-- MobiWIA - a cooperation with Andrs Studio --
FREE Updates for both app and maps.
FREE Navigation license for OpenStreetMap.
BE-ON-ROAD is a free offline turn-by-turn gps navigation for Android based on OpenStreetMaps. Maps are updated multiple times per year and can be stored on your device, or SD card. That means, that you can navigate anywhere with the most recent maps even without the internet connection!
~ offline gps navigation
~ offline maps
~ free map updates
~ multi-language voice navigation (33 languages supported)
~ GPS / Glonass ready
~ speed limit warnings
~ fixed speed camera warnings (available in selected countries only)
~ 3D buildings
~ lane guidance
~ large POI database
~ pedestrian, car, or even bee-line navigation
~ night mode based on local sunset time
~ track recording
EUROPE - Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle Of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
NORTH AMERICA - Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Bermuda, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana , Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
SOUTH AMERICA - Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Maarten, Suriname, Thailand and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela, Virgin Islands
ASIA - Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei, Cambodia, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Korea, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
OCEANIA - American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
AFRICA - Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Cote d'lvoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic Of Tanzania, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe