HOW TO CONTROL YOUR OPPONENT AND AVOID GETTING CRUSHED BY HIM IN NO GI BJJ
This is the 14th app in the How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent series. It expands upon the strategies and techniques taught by Emily Kwok in previous apps but is also designed as a standalone product.
This series of apps give you the techniques and strategies you need to defend yourself against, and defeat, opponents much larger than yourself using the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
In ‘Advanced No Gi Control, & Crushproofing Your Bottom Game’ you’ll learn how prevent your match from becoming a crazy athletic scramble.
First you’ll learn how to safely control your opponent (and the entire match), even if he outweighs you by many pounds.
Emily shows you through the best ways to achieve and maintain control over your opponent in no gi on the ground. This material builds and expands on what was taught in volume 11, the no gi gripfighting and takedowns app.
The techniques, concepts, tricks and tips she shares here will definitely allow you to turn the tables on much bigger opponents on the ground, pinning them and keeping them in disadvantageous positions so that they can’t get away, roll you over or simply stand up.
Then in part two we cover the concepts and techniques of ‘crushproofing!’
In grappling things don’t always go according to plan, and from time to time you’ll inevitably end up in pinned on the bottom in bad positions, by someone much heavier than you.
But just because you’re on the bottom DOESN’T mean that you have to be smothered by your opponent, or have difficulty breathing.
There ARE adjustments you can make and techniques you can use that can get his weight off of you, give you some breathing room, and prevent him from stalling from the top for the rest of the match.
That’s why Emily finishes up by sharing many of her favorite techniques and strategies to become ‘crushproof’ and get back into the game when you end up on the bottom.
ABOUT EMILY AND STEPHAN
Emily is a multiple time BJJ world champion, both with and without the gi. She has studied with and learned from many of the top grapplers in the world.
Emily faces people bigger than her on the mats every single day, which has forced her to develop a streamlined and highly efficient approach to jiu-jitsu. She has shared her techniques with thousands of grapplers of all levels at camps, seminars, and at her own school.
Stephan Kesting is a BJJ black belt and has been training in the striking, grappling, and weapons-oriented martial arts for over 30 years.
A master teacher, Stephan has helped thousands of grapplers improve their skills through his crystal-clear instructional apps, DVDs, online videos and articles at his flagship website Grapplearts.com.
* Learn the secrets of controlling your opponent on the ground even without the gi to hold onto, and also how to prevent a bigger opponent from crushing you with his superior strength and weight.
* 1 hour & 10 minutes of solid, filler-free instruction
* Every technique, strategy and training drill is focused on allowing you to survive and thrive while grappling against opponents much larger than you on the mats
* All the footage has been professionally filmed and edited for maximum ease of learning
The app includes complete menus for easy navigation
* This is a universal app, which means that it works on both your phone and your tablet - you don't need to buy different versions for each type of device
* You can create a list of your favourite techniques and drills using our one-click ‘favourite’ feature
* The app is designed to download to your phone or iPad; an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
* The same app plays on your phone and tablet, so you don't need to buy it a second time
* BONUS: ‘The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’ is free to download with your purchase of this app!