STEP-BY-STEP MOVES FOR DOMINATING BIGGER, STRONGER OPPONENTS ON THE GROUND
This is the 2nd app in the How to Defeat the Bigger Stronger Opponent series which features BJJ world champion Emily Kwok and Stephan Kesting from Grapplearts.com.
The focus of this app is compensating for strength when you’re outsized and overpowered by a much larger opponent. The techniques have been specifically chosen because they work on people stronger than you.
Larger grapplers often just use their their strength, size and weight advantages to overpower you. It’s very frustrating to get pinned and smothered by a less skilful opponent whose only advantage is having 10 (or 50) pounds of additional muscle.
In this app two BJJ black belts show you the techniques and strategies to defeat even the biggest, strongest, scariest attackers on the ground. Crazy speed, flexibility, or athleticism are NOT required; the emphasis is on staying safe and preventing injuries at all times.
Emily is a multiple time BJJ world champion, both with and without the gi. She has taught and worked with thousands of grapplers of all levels.
Emily faces people bigger than her on the mats every single day, and she’s learned that the single-most important thing you can do to stop a larger opponent from rag dolling you on the mat is to control the grips.
First you’ll learn the guard sweep system Emily uses when she’s on the bottom. The reality is that you WILL end up on the bottom at some point. With these techniques you’ll be able to sweep your opponent and get to the top.
The next section covers guard passing. These techniques are proven to work at an elite level because stop you from being manhandled, stalled out, or submitted as you pass.
Finally we cover pin escapes.
You’ll get the right techniques and strategies to use if you're pinned on the bottom. These are the best ways to survive the smother, escape the pin, and get back into the game!
Make space and get things moving again when someone is 100% determined to pin you flat allows you to stay in the game when you’re wrestling with a big hormone-endowed Sasquatch.
Every technique is taught with an emphasis on safety. As a smaller grappler you have to be careful not to get injured when a bigger partner moves explosively in unpredictable ways.
* 2 hours and 24 minutes of solid, filler-free, video instruction
* This instructional app gives you the techniques and strategies that work best in a grappling situation against opponents much larger, stronger and heavier than yourself
* All the footage has been professionally filmed and edited for maximum ease of learning
* The app includes complete menus for easy navigation
* You can create a list of your favorite techniques and drills using the one-click ‘favorite’ button
* The app is designed to download to your phone or iPad; an internet connection is NOT required to view the videos
* Universal app; works on both tablets & phones
* BONUS: ‘The Roadmap for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu’ for free!
1) Compensating for Strength
2) Intro to the Seated Guard
3) Knee Push Sweep
4) Butterfly Sweep
5) Butterfly Sweep with Head Control
6) Butterfly Sweep with Knee Push
7) Single Leg X Guard
8) Intro and Shin-to-Shin Entry
9) Butterfly Sweep Entry
10) Side to Side Finish
11) Heel Grab Finish
12) Dealing with Grips
13) Single Leg X Guard to Regular X Guard
14) Intro to the X Guard and X Guard Details
15) Stand-up Finish
16) Backtrip Finish
17) Intro to the Half Guard
18) Taking the Back
19) Leg Grab Sweep
20) Roll-Under Sweep
21) The ‘Vomit’ Sweep
22) Guard Passing
23) Strategies and Tactics
24) Explosive stand-up
25) Standing Step Pass
26) Leg Drag & Hip Trap
27) Over-Under Pass
28) Transitional Escapes
29) Pin Escapes Intro
30) Block and Elbow Wedge
31) Multiple Bridging
32) Side to Side Bridging
33) Transitional Mount Escapes
34) Improving the Elbow-Knee Escape
35) Leg Trap Mount Escape