* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app
It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...
****** Actions By Category ******
[not all actions available on all devices]
* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse)
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad (root only), Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker
****** States ******
Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near
****** Events ******
Alarm Clock/Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera/Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Changes, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, K9 Email Received, Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker
✭ New: LIFX Beta Cloud Api Support! ✭
Ever wanted to control your Philips Hue Lights without reaching for a remote? Or have the lights turn on automatically as soon as you enter your home? Or have the lights blink when you receive a new notification?
Well now you can do this with AutoHue!
AutoHue let’s you program your Hue Light Bulbs (and now also your LIFX bulbs!) to react to anything that Tasker supports!
It supports the following hue commands:
* Power (Toggle)
* Single blink
* Long Blink (30 sec)
* Color Loop
* Custom JSON
Hue Note: For the Hue lights the app only works on your local (WIFI) network, this is currently the case due to a restriction in the Hue API.
For your LIFX lights you can use the following commands:
LIFX Note: The LIFX cloud API is currently in beta, changes to this API could break (some) functionality.
Configure TCP client based send / expect dialogs (e.g. telnet-like session).
Regular expression support.
May be used standalone or as a Tasker plugin.
Tasker variable support.
Debug log and log viewer.
Info / Support : https://sites.google.com/site/sendexpect/
Free trial: https://sites.google.com/site/sendexpect/home/trial-version
The trial version must be uninstalled before purchasing the store version.
Permissions used by Send/Expect:
- Used for sending and receiving TCP data.
Read / Modify USB storage
- Used for managing the Send/Expect log file in a non-private location
Google Play license check:
- Used for validating purchased version of the application.
** Please note that this app is no longer supported. You may still install it, but no enhancements will be made and no bugs will be fixed. **
You can set up multiple email templates (which include the email recipients, subject, message, and even attachments) for tasks, work, personal, etc. Then use those templates to quickly create a pre-populated email or to share something from another app using the Share menu. You can also create shortcuts on your home screen using a template.
You can also set up Email Me Pro to send you emails automatically, so you bypass the email compose screen completely! No more extra steps to send an email! The SMTP settings are configurable, enabling you to send from any single email account.
Email Me Pro allows you to quickly email files (including photos) from your phone, either automatically or using your email app's compose screen.
Using Email Me Pro's Auto Send feature, you can schedule emails to be sent at regular intervals, such as every day or every week.
Email Me Pro is also a Tasker and Locale plugin, so you can send emails automatically (to anyone) using the numerous triggers in Tasker and Locale. Please note that Tasker and Locale are separate apps that must be installed and this only works using Auto Send in Email Me Pro. Both are great apps and I highly recommend checking them out.
Check out Email Me if you want a free version of this app (with less functionality).
Please note that you have the option to turn SSL on or off and trust all certificates in the preferences. However, it's recommended to always keep SSL on and not trust all certificates (which are the defaults). Unfortunately though, this doesn't work with all email providers.
New: DashClock support!
Ever wanted to control your Squeezebox devices without reaching for a remote?
Or wanted the music to automatically turn on as soon as you enter your home?
Well now you can!
With AutoSqueeze you can control all your SqueezeBoxes without touching a button. For example setup tasker to automatically start a playlist when your phone connects to your home WIFI or mute your music when you receive a phonecall!
Currently supported commands:
*Start Selected Playlist
*Go to Previous Track
*Go to Next Track
*Play random track/album
This plugin is compatible with password protected servers!
*Not compatible with players only connected to mysqueezebox.com
Note: AutoSqueeze requires Locale, Tasker or Dashclock to function. Once installed it will become visible inside these apps as a third-party plugin. Once you select it you will be able to define your server, Squeezebox player and the command you would like to send to this SqueezeBox.
Search keywords: Logitech Media Server, Logitech Squeezebox, Slimplayer, Slimdevices, DashClock Extension.
This plugin requires:
*An IR blaster on your device.
*The frequency of the signal to transmit.
*The pattern of the signal to transmit.
If your device is a stock HTC One, you can use the learn feature to determine the frequency and pattern.
Any questions, comments or suggestions please write us at: NevansIndustries@gmail.com
ATTENTION: Introducing the new System+ Module! The next evolution of the Helper for Android 4.1+.
Secure Settings has tons of features for super users or those who just want more out of their devices.
• Failed Login Attempts
• Google Now Shortcut [4.1+, Pro]
• Outgoing Call
• Secret Code
• Airplane Mode [System+ required 4.2+]
• Airplane Mode Radios [System+ required 4.2+]
• BT Connection [4.0+]
• BT Tethering [4.0+, Pro]
• Execute Shortcuts
• Adjust Font Size [4.0+]
• Toggle Hardware Keyboard [4.0+]
• Enable/Disable Keyguard [2.3 and below]
• Launch any Activity (Root required for some activities)
• Change default system language [4.0+]
• Enable/Disable Mobile Data [2.3+]
• Run any GNU Linux command
º Capture output info
º Use root to execute privileged commands [Root required]
º Output return values to user-defined Tasker variables [Tasker required]
• Show Touches [4.0+]
• SIP Options [2.3+]
º Toggle Receive Calls
º Change Call Option
• Keep device awake while charging [System+ required 4.2+]
• Wake Device
• Change Wifi sleep policy [System+ required 4.2+]
• Wifi Hotspot [4.0+]
Dev Admin Actions:
• Enable/Disable Camera [4.0+]
• Lock device
• Toggle Lock Screen Widgets [4.2+]
• Set/Reset device Password or Pin
If you are rooted the following is available:
• Toggle Accessibility Services
• Set Background Process Limit [4.0+, Pro]
• Toggle Background Data [Pro]
• Toggle Data Roaming
• Set Active Day Dream
• Toggle Day Dream State
• Toggle GPS
• Force GPU Rendering [4.0+]
• Toggle Hardware Overlays [4.1+, Pro]
• Change Input Methods without the prompt
• Set Default Launcher [4.4+, Pro]
• Toggle Location Services
• Set Location Mode [4.4+]
• Set Lock Screen Timeout [4.0+, Pro]
• Update Lock Screen Owner Info [3.0+]
• Toggle NFC [NFC Adapter]
• Toggle Notification Listeners [4.3+]
• Toggle Package Notifications [4.1+]
• Manage Package Data [Pro]
• Enable/Disable user or system apps
• Toggle Power Button Lock [4.1+, Pro]
• Toggle Pattern Lock
• Answer,End and Silence calls [Pro]
• Reboot Options (uses built-in functions) [Pro]
• Toggle Unknown Sources
• Toggle USB Debugging (ADB)
• Toggle USB Tethering [4.0+, Pro]
• Connect/Disconnect VPN Profiles [4.0+]
• Toggle Wifi Optimization [4.2+]
• Toggle Wifi Scanning [4.3+]
• Toggle Wireless ADB
~Custom ROM functionality~
• Toggle ADB Over Network [CM9+ only]
• Toggle Expanded Desktop [CM10/PA only]
• Toggle Fast Charge [Custom Kernel with Fast Charge Required]
• Toggle Kill App Back Button
• Toggle LTE [CM9+/AOKP]
• Toggle HTC Power Saver [HTC ROM]
• Toggle Samsung Modes [Samsung ROM]
Any issues or questions? Check out the XDA thread: http://goo.gl/zP5ltJ
Explanation of Permissions:
• Device Administrator Access - Required to lock the device or set/reset the password
• Superuser Access - Required to execute privileged commands
• Storage Access - Required to write to the SD Card
• Full Network Access - Required to download/check for updates for the Helper application
• System Tools - Required for the Keyguard and Wake Lock functionality
• Write Secure Settings - Required for performing System+ functions
• Change Configuration - Required to change Locale
• Change Network State - Required to toggle Mobile Data
• Change Wifi State - Required to toggle Wifi Adapter for Wireless ADB
• Wifi Access - Required for the Wireless ADB function
• NFC - Required to toggle the NFC Adapter
• Bluetooth/BT Admin - Required to Connect to BT Devices
• Boot Complete - Required to install Helper on boot if missing
• Process Outgoing Calls - Required to use outgoing calls as conditions
Use Google Now as input for Tasker from your phone or smartwatch! With the free version you can use a word of four characters with exact match. To setup a profile with Tasker Now open Tasker and select "Event" in the Profiles tab.
Tell about us:
TuttoAndroid - http://www.tuttoandroid.net/applicazioni/tasker-now-permette-di-usare-google-now-come-input-per-tasker-244141/
HdBlog - http://android.hdblog.it/2015/01/07/tasker-now-comandi-google-now/
AndroidWorld - http://www.androidworld.it/2015/01/07/tasker-google-now-insieme-per-lassistente-vocale-definitivo-267042/
How to activate on Android Wear:
1) Say "take a note" and then the command
2) Say "start vocal command" and then say the command
3) Open the app and then say the command
4) Send a special notification from smartphone. The notification is sent via a Tasker Now action in Tasker.
To access to the settings on Wear:
Open the app on wear and swipe to the right
With the pro version you can use several match rules:
- exact match
- at least one word
- all the word specified
- start with rule
- end with rule
- regular expression
- sub-string rule
- template rule (a template is for example "send <contact> message <msg>", the plug is going to create two custom variables called %contact and %msg filled with your words)
- ignore punctuation
And you can use Tasker variables in the edit text.
Some images from: http://www.wear-generator.com according to CC BY 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
This is an extension to Android Tasker
This extension only features one function:
- Check if a choosen process / app is running
1. Get SMS message ID by address and body. The ID can be used later by action #2 and #3 below.
2. Delete a message by ID. It requires App Ops in 4.4+
3. Mark a message as read by ID. It requires App Ops in 4.4+
4. Get the importance of a running process. It can be used for foreground/background check
5. Wipe data. It'll perform a factory reset, can be used in anti-theft tasks.
6. HTTP Get. It's a replacement for Tasker's own HTTP Get action to unblock execution of other tasks.
7. Watch always-on screen. Toggles the always-on screen setting in connected Android Wear watch.
READ_SMS: Get SMS message ID
WRITE_SMS: Delete SMS & Mark a SMS as read
INTERNET: HTTP Get
Note: This is not a standalone app, it requires Tasker and is visible only in Tasker.
The gesture exists since Android 4.1 and can be activated by long-pressing on the Home button and then dragging to the icon that appears in a half-circle above.
It may also be available on some devices by hitting the Search button.
This plugin should also function in Locale and other apps that use the same API, but I have not tested with anything other than Tasker.
Note: This is not a full app on its own; it only functions in conjunction with Tasker or another app that implements the Locale plugin API.
Once you have installed this app, you will see the plugin as a context within Tasker (under State > Plugin). Then, if you perform the Assistant gesture, you should be asked which application to direct it to. Choose this application, and for best results, select that you want it to always be the choice.
Please contact me via email with any issues, as I can't respond to your review directly.
Neither this app nor Empty Path LLC are affiliated with Tasker, Locale or any similar app or author.
Useful for launching tasker tasks from NFC tags-
THIS APP REQUIRES THE TASKER APP TO BE INSTALLED!
for Sony Xperia smarttags simply use the the smart tag app. To run a tasker task use the "Open URL" action, then set the url "tasker://taskname" instead of "http://" (change taskname to the name of your task defined in tasker- tasks are case sensitive)
e.g. "tasker://mytask" to run a task called "mytask" defined in tasker.
for writable tags it should work as simply as writing the tasker:// url and task to the tag itself.
It will do until tasker add nfc capability :)
On some devices the "tags" app comes pre-installed and blocks the url from nfc tags from being launched automagically, meaning you need to touch the screen to launch the task. You may find disabling the "tags" app from settings->apps->all fixes this problem.
Also it is VITAL that tasker is installed before this app or it will not work, this means that if you upgrade or reset your device etc. and google play automatically re-installs all your apps then it may not work. this is solved by simply uninstalling tasker url launcher, checking tasker is installed, and then re-installing the tasker url launcher from google play.
This is a Tasker plugin providing alternative interface to access RESTful APIs (targeting GET, POST, PUT, DELETE).
This app is intended to work as a plugin to Tasker and does not provide a launcher icon so one must have Tasker installed in order to utilize this application.
Variables can be set synchronously or asynchronously.
With the default sync setting, the task will wait until the request is finished or is timed-out before executing the next task and you will be able to set the return code/response to local variables. Note that in synced mode you can only set local variables, i.e., variables with all lower-cased letters, this is a limitation of tasker API.
However, in async mode, the task will finish immediately and work in the background so you will not be able to set local variables in it (you can still use local variables for the parameters and stuff). With this mode, you can only set global variables as local variables will not be accessible to other tasks. Following is how to enable setting global variables in async mode:
1. To enable global variable set, you have to enable 'Allow External Access' in Tasker ( menu -> preference -> misc -> Allow External Access')
2. Return variables name should be global (with at least one capital letter) because it is set asynchronously in a different task and will not be accessible if it is set as a local variable.
3. Since the request is performed asynchronously, returned code/response might not be available immediately. If you want to capture the returned code/response, you can set an action to 'Wait Until' the variable 'is set'. But remember to clear the variable beforehand because these variables are global and will remain after tasks finished..
The cookies will be found in the %hdr_set_cookie variable if your response header variable prefix is set to %hdr. If there are multiple Set-Cookie headers they will stored in the same variable separated by newlines.
Feel free to leave comments or send email to me if you have any suggestions to improve this application.
Special thanks to Arno Puder for helping me test the app.
- Toggle pause
- Shuffle (Off / On / Toggle)
- Repeat (Off / One / All / Rotate)
- Switch renderer of Live Wallpaper
****This app is not a standalone app and does not function by itself. It is an add on for Tablet Talk. It requires Tablet Talk and either Tasker or Locale.****
Incorporate Tablet Talk into your Tasker or Locale profiles using this plugin. It provides actions so you can, for example, activate Tablet Talk in Bluetooth mode when docked in your car, then switch back to Wi-Fi mode when you get home or are tethered with your phone. The plugin also provides conditions so you can set actions depending on Tablet Talk's state, such as silence your phone when connected with the tablet.
If you have previously enabled any of Tablet Talk's built-in automatic settings, remember to disable them before switching to Tasker/Locale profiles.
This plugin is slightly updated from the 2012 version which has been available for download through a Dropbox link. Future updates will be released here.
Tasker and Locale are separate applications and are not associated with Tablet Talk in any way.
This plugin uses the proper Dropbox API, so it doesn't need to store your password, just an access token!
For Tasker users (like myself!) this support variable substitution in the path name, so you can for example, select the file to upload based on the date.
Don't hesitate to comment on the app with suggestions!
BUT, I'm back! Expect new versions, with new ROM support soon! **
NEW AND UPDATED!
Ever want to change that "Verizon Wireless" banner you see every day? Now you can!
Message length is dependent on your ROM version
Now compatible with the new version of MetaMorph!
Featuring LARGE ERI mode, for messages up to 32 characters long!
See website for compatibility info!
### TEMPORARY REDDIT VERIFICATION: camperdave ###