thetrainline is all about making train travel easy: Plan your journey, check live train departure and arrival times & platform information in the palm of your hand on your mobile.
• Journey planning tool with live train departure and arrival times and travel card discounts
• View live train departure boards and never miss the train again.
• See what platform you depart from.
• Keep your recent and saved journeys on your Me screen
• View station information including maps and local taxi numbers direct to your mobile.
Buy cheap tickets on the go: Book the best value tickets for travelling on any UK train route. Whether you are commuting into London or just making a fun day trip, thetrainline makes it simple to get to where you want to go…
• Buy tickets for travelling/commuting on any UK train route.
• Purchase rail tickets up to 10 minutes before boarding times.
• Save your preferred payment card and railcard details.
• Collect tickets from over 1,000 stations or select the mTicket option and go paperless on selected routes**!
• View ticket reference details in your app, even without a signal.
The train operators will release rail tickets 12 weeks before the date of travel so whether you are commuting in and out of London or want to travel further around Great Britain, the earlier you book the better. We also offer a live ticket alert service that you can sign up to and we will notify you direct to your mobile when the cheapest advance tickets for your journey are released. Travelling by train has never been so easy…
With thetrainline you can buy cheap train tickets and check live departure and arrival times for rail journeys on all major UK train operators:
First Great Western
South West Trains
Arriva Trains Wales
South Eastern Trains
Abellio Greater Anglia
East Midlands Trains
thetrainline is so simple and easy to use. At a glance, checking the live departure and arrival times of the trains that you need and all connections, is straight forward. Picking up the cheapest tickets is hassle free, helping to make your travelling experience a lot more relaxing and stress free.
With main offices in London and Edinburgh, thetrainline is well placed to give you the information you need for commuting or travelling on a journey further afield, with access to train route and timetables for more than 2,500 stations and 170,000 trips nationwide.
Wherever you are, wherever you want to go, thetrainline can get you there with everything you need to know at your fingertips if you are on the go with no time to waste.
*Average savings with Advance rail fares vs buying on arrival at the ticket office on the day of travel. Selected routes only, subject to availability.
**Mobile tickets are only available on selected journeys.
Whether you are day-tripping, commuting, going on holiday or just checking times to get you home, download thetrainline app now and make it’s your first stop for the cheapest tickets.
For more information visit: http://www.thetrainline.com/train-tickets/mobile-app/
We always respect your privacy, check this page to see the reasons we need to ask for permissions:
Follow us on:
Buy tickets on your phone with the free ScotRail train times and tickets app.
With our free, easy to use app, you can buy tickets and get live realtime journey updates on your phone. Once you’ve downloaded our app you’ll be able to:
• Collect tickets from a ScotRail ticket vending machine 10 minutes after booking
• Check the status of the ScotRail network in one simple click
• See your recent journeys
• Save your recent journeys to favourites
• Use the Help Point feature to contact us, report crime on the railway and view FAQs
• Sign up to text and email alerts
There are no booking or credit card fees and the app is totally free, so download your mini ticket office from your app store today!
With our app you can:
• Plan your journey
• See at a glance through rainbow boards if there is disruption on the Merseyrail network.
• Use an interactive network map to get Google Map walking and driving instructions to our stations.
• Set alerts and get push notifications if any services on your route of travel are cancelled.
• Check live departure boards to see if your train is running on time.
• Share your train with friends and family via Facebook, Twitter, email or text message so they can follow your journey.
• Set an alarm to remind you when to leave to catch your train, the alarm will update delays or cancellations occur that affect your journey.
• Report problems you see while travelling.
● Simple, fast and easy to use.
● Designed for the first time visitor and experienced commuter.
● Unique "Minute Map" feature provides a view of travel times from any location on the map.
● Latest official TFL (Transport For London) map.
● Planned route animates on the map.
●.Switch to online street map (when an internet connection is available).
● Services can be turned on or off, routing around problems.
● Works in both landscape and portrait modes.
● Easily locates your nearest transport stop.
● Places of interest, parks etc are built in to the application.
● Offline routing with clear map and text views
● GPS locating
● Station exit information
● Live service status and departure board information
● OVERVIEW ● The London Underground application is a superb route planner for the London Underground (Tube)system with many unique features. The inbuilt map provides the official TFL map of the city underground services with the ability to switch to an online street map view when an internet connection is available. This way the user can view the online map feature when above ground and the transport map and route planning is still fully functional underground or anywhere there is no internet connection. This provides the best of both worlds, the transport map and route planning anytime, anywhere and online street maps and search when a connection is available.
● ROUTING ● Does not require an internet connection and will always be available to display a clear and detailed view of the city transport system, plus list and animate the optimum route for your journey. Provides the fastest route calculations of any mobile routing application (virtually instantaneous) using actual published journey times with the ability to select the quickest route or the route with the least changes.
Comprehensive details of your planned route are provided, including changes, directions of travel, number of stops, predicted journey times, etc. Uniquely this application gives you “direction”, “towards” and “service frequency” information (not available on any other offline journey planner) for example “Take the Northern line (Southbound) towards Stockwell for 10 mins (6 stops). Service runs every 7 minutes” which is essential when finding the correct platform and connection. Also given are alternatives for each leg of the journey.
● NO INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED ● The map and routing do not require an internet connection and therefore you will not be charged data connection fees. This also means the application runs perfectly underground, on an aeroplane, etc. For international visitors to a city who have data roaming turned off this is an ideal solution.
● LIVE INFO ● When an internet connection is available, optional "Live Information" on the current state of the transport services and real time station departure boards can be viewed allowing you to plan your journeys in advance and avoid any potential delays. Unique to this application is the ability to turn off services that are out of action and automatically calculate an alternative route.
● MINUTE MAP ● This unique feature provides a view of travel times from any location on the map. This is helpful for getting a sense of scale and connectivity of the transport system and can provide some interesting results.
● MORE MAPS ● This map is one in a series of Zuti worldwide city maps, if you like this product you may also enjoy some of our other offerings, please visit www.zuti.co.uk for further information.
Well thanks to our top technical geniuses, we’ve got a new and improved app which will make your travel experience with us so simple you’ll wonder how you lived without it. Check train times, plan journeys and buy tickets for any train anywhere in the UK (with no booking or credit card fees too!). And best of all, it’s 100% totally and utterly free.
Plus, book yourself on one of our swanky Virgin Trains and get your ticket sent straight to your mobile. No fuss, no queuing, no printing – it’s your ticket delivered directly into your pocket.
Also, want to see if your train is on time? You can see real-time info on how any train is running across Britain, and even which platform it will arrive into at your station.
· Search times and fares for any train to any destination in the UK.
· Buy tickets up to 10 minutes before you want to depart.
· Book for up to 8 people at once.
· Totally secure booking.
· Absolutely no hidden booking or credit card fees (we hate those!)
· Get tickets sent straight to your mobile or collect from our FastTicket machines.
· Log-in to your account so you only need to enter your details once.
· Check live departures/arrivals info to see how your train is running, before you even get on it.
· And you get all this for the one-off payment of... nothing! Free things are always the best things in life.
We’re big fans of our app, and we plan to keep on improving it even more in the future. Our brainy types are working on new features all the time to make your travel experience with us easier than ever before. But if you’ve got that million-dollar idea, that missing nugget of genius that we haven’t included in our app, then tell us!
Found a hitch or a glitch in our app, then let us know. We’re open to suggestions and we want to hear what’d make it better for you. So please get in touch at App@virgintrains.co.uk
With the app you can:
• Plan any train journey in Great Britain
• View train times and real-time train running information
• Buy your tickets for any train journey in Great Britain
• Quickly find train times based on your recent searches
You can also make use of these great features:
• Have your CrossCountry Advance tickets delivered to your smartphone as m-tickets
• Collect other tickets from the ticket machine at the station
• Buy train tickets through the app without registering or signing in
• Register and you can use your CrossCountry ‘My Account’ on our website at crosscountrytrains.co.uk and on the Train Tickets app
The Train Tickets app is National Rail accredited and is quick, simple and secure to use.
It’s free to download and we won’t charge you a booking fee.
The app features:
• A journey planner for public transport options between any two locations in Scotland, featuring all bus, coach, rail, Glasgow Subway and ferry routes,
• Departure boards showing next scheduled buses at every stop in Great Britain! Live bus times are shown in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Dundee, Angus, Ayrshire, Inverness area and Orkney where available,
• View live rail departures for all stations in Scotland,
• Transport times also shown for Scottish ferry terminals and Glasgow Subway stations, together with local taxi details relevant to your location,
• See full Scottish routes on the map, with all scheduled calling points and stop times displayed,
• News & Notices affecting public transport services,
• Contact details for all Scottish public transport operators.
For the strategic road network, the app provides direct access to Traffic Scotland. This section features:
• Current trunk road incident information,
• Live-Eye Views from motorway and trunk road cameras,
• Current journey times for major routes,
• Details of current and planned roadworks,
• Regularly updated weather and planned events info.
You can also listen to the latest live travel information on the Traffic Scotland Radio player.
At present, MultiPass service is available on a trial basis, in partnership with Abellio Greater Anglia, only to a selected group of early adopters.
On opening the app you'll instantly see live service updates, train times and platform info for the journeys that matter to you. Powered by data from National Rail Enquiries, Southern and Transport for London, the app puts you in control by letting you customise what you see.
• Personalised, real-time dashboard that automatically presents train times, platform information and live service updates for the journeys you make regularly.
• Easy-to-use journey planner with fewer steps and faster results for all national train routes.
• Save the stations you visit frequently to speed up travel planning.
• Buy train tickets on the go and collect at the station.
• Live departure and arrival boards for all UK rail stations.
• See your route on an interactive map, with stops and interchanges clearly marked.
• Detailed breakdown for each individual leg of your journey - including the current location of your train.
• Check station facilities including mobility access and view station location on a map.
• Quickly see personalised London Underground line status updates.
• Get up-to-date service information via Southern’s Twitter feed.
• Pay for car parking at Southern, London Midland and Southeastern train stations.
• Contact London Midland's customer service team by email, phone and Twitter.
• Submit 'Delay Repay' claims straight from your mobile.
• Handy short-cut button to move quickly around the app.
Whether you’re a seasoned commuter or planning trips in advance, Southern On Track is the only rail app you’ll ever need for stress-free train travel.
Now you can access detailed, real-time train information direct from your smartphone. So much more than a timetable, innovative technology enables you to track specific trains, find out about disruptions to your journey, and re-plan your journey on the go.
With unprecedented visibility and intuitive tools, the National Rail Enquiries app will transform your train travel experience, empowering you to catch the right train and complete your journey.
- My travel - One place for your favourite journeys and stations. Find the next train home and get relevant live updates at a glance
- Live trains - View real-time departures and arrivals boards for any station
- Progress tracking - From A to B and everything in between, find out exactly where a train is along a route
- Journey planner - Plan your journeys with up-to-the-minute travel information. Track the progress of trains and disruptions along your route
- Watch a train - Pin a train to My travel to watch its progress with a single tap
- Push notifications - Get disruption alerts as they happen
- Wake-up alerts - Avoid missing your stop or getting caught out when the train divides or arrives at its destination
- Tube and DLR - Plan your journey to or from London Zone 1 Underground and DLR stations
- Plan journeys between a station and a postcode
- Find out ticket prices
- Buy tickets via third party websites
- Widget featuring live train arrivals/departures between home and work stations
- Cycling facilities at your station
- Can you take your bicycle on your journey? Are reservations required? How many bicycle spaces are there?
- Tips for travelling with bicycles
Enhance your train travel experience - download the FREE National Rail Enquiries app today.
- It is now possible to add planned journey details to your calendar as events. To allow this the app’s permissions regarding calendar events have been updated.
- Despite the permissions description, the app will not send email to guests without owner’s knowledge
• No queuing! Barcode mTickets delivered straight to your phone (on many routes with more coming soon)
• Save 51% on average
• Find out if your train is running on time with free live departure and arrivals information
• Quickly find the fastest train to wherever you want to go
• Compare loads of fares to get the cheapest tickets for your journey
• Quick purchases, only register if you want to
• Buy tickets for up to 8 people in one go
• Earn loyalty points on your train purchases*
• Pay quickly with a debit or credit card
• Plus it’s railcard friendly
It does all this, and because our app’s protected by award-winning, certified payment security, it’s as good and secure as using our website.
As well as making journeys better and better, we like to keep up with technology too, so we’ll be adding more amazing features soon. Stay tuned.
*To earn points you must be logged in to your redspottedhanky.com account. Points cannot be redeemed through the app.
Buy train tickets from every UK mainland train company
No more fiddling about online or wasting time in a queue. Buy train tickets on the go with a few taps. Then collect your ticket at the station. With no booking fees. For some journeys you can buy paperless ‘barcode tickets’. Swipe the ticket we send you on the barcode reader at the station. Or show it to train staff. That’s it.
Plan your journey and save tons of time
Set up your next train journey when you’re out and about. It’s not hard. Search train times, tickets, availability and fares on your mobile. O2 Train Travel even saves your last ten journeys (handy when you’re planning your next one). Even handier, you can pay with any card stored in your O2 Wallet. It saves you tapping in your card number every time you buy a ticket.
Get the best fares by comparing prices to find the cheapest ticket for your journey. And, when you book in advance you can save up to 80% compared to buying on the day. We also don’t charge card or booking fees, so you don’t have to worry about any hidden charges.
Not got O2 Wallet yet? You can register and download it here, for free o2.co.uk/money/wallet. You need to be 13 years or over and have a UK Mobile. Terms apply
Make seat reservations
No more standing in a crowded train, O2 Train Travel allows you to reserve your seat when you book your ticket on selected routes
Buy tickets for more than one person
Traveling with your friends or the family? Using O2 Train Travel it’s easy to buy multiple tickets.
Here’s a few more details:
• You can be on any network, not just O2.
• Access to the O2 Train Travel app is subject to network coverage of your mobile service provider. Depending on your mobile tariff, data charges may apply. If you're an O2 customer, you may not be charged.
• O2 Train Travel lets you buy train tickets from, and enter into an agreement with, Atos IT Services UK Limited (trading as redspottedhanky.com). Their terms, privacy and data protection policy apply are at o2.co.uk/money/o2trainterms
80% saving is compared to standard walk-up fares when purchased on the day
Terms apply, see o2.co.uk/money/o2trainterms
© 2012 Telefónica Financial Services UK Limited
Atos IT Services UK Limited. Registered in England and Wales no 01245534. Registered office 4 Triton Square, Regent’s Place, London NW1 3HG, United Kingdom. Telefónica Financial Services UK Limited. Registered in England and Wales no 7584114. Registered Office 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX, United Kingdom.
The O2 Money Account is issued by IDT Financial Services Limited pursuant to a license by Visa Europe. IDT Financial Services Limited is a regulated bank, licensed by the Financial Services Commission (FSC), Gibraltar. Registered Office: 57-63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar. Registered No. 95716. Please send all correspondence to O2 Money Customer Services, PO Box 16222, Birmingham, B16 6SR