Are you looking for the best quality images in traditional Black&White for your Sony Xperia device? Look no further.
The Monochrome Camera App is a black and white camera application made and optimized for Sony's Xperia devices. It integrates into the device's camera apps list for quick access from any camera mode, and allows for high resolution and high quality snaps in black and white. The app is developed so that it has a clean and minimal interface. As such, settings can be tweaked with swiping gestures. Whether you like black and white images for street photography, to make images look more simplistic, to reduce visible noise, for forcing yourself to think more critically by limiting the camera or simply 'just because', there are plenty of reasons to try out this app. Picture this: the camera app is developed and maintained by a photographer himself!
• Try swiping left and right, up and down across the viewfinder to change settings!
• Four extensive modes:
- "Auto": Keeps most settings to their defaults (using image stabilization if supported) for easy snaps
- "Sports (fast shutter)": Focus set to infinity, high base ISO, allows for the fastest shots as it doesn't have to wait for autofocus to complete
- "Night (slow shutter)": Uses built-in Night Mode and sets the focus to close up / macro, so this is the way to make the best images if you can keep your device steady. Focuses closer than the Auto mode due to close up focus mode.
- "Dark Night (extra slow shutter)": Uses built-in Fireworks mode which lets Sony devices use a long shutter speed. On Z series devices, this is the only way to get the longest shutter speed possible.
• Support for touch focus, screen button and hardware button. Exactly how you would expect. It just.. makes sense
• Supports high resolutions, like 20.7MP shots of flagship Z Series devices with such camera (or even higher if your device supports it) even in night mode
• Set the JPEG Quality for those who want to get the most out of the camera
• Manual Exposure Compensation, to make sure your shots aren't over- or underexposed
• Remembers important settings so that you can continue how you left off and focus on the shot (ha.. ha-ha?)
• An overview of current settings by long-pressing the viewfinder
• Tweak flash settings if you want to put your subjects in the spotlight
Why not give it a shot?
If you have any questions, remarks or discussions, you can always post them on Reddit:
(note that I am not affiliated with Sony, the Xperia™ trademark whatsoever and no copyright infringement is intended in any way)