The Fitzroy Readers is a set of graded books which employ the Fitzroy Method - a phonic approach to reading developed over the last 3 decades.
Readers 11X-20X is an exciting new level that enables each story, from 11 to 20, to be immediately followed by a longer adventure story, reinforcing all and only the sounds learned to date.
Early Readers up to 20 introduce ten new sounds (oo, er, sh, all, ing, ar, ay, etc), with just one short story for each. The new pack, 11X-20X, lets students reinforce each new sound in a longer story before moving on.
The ideal reading sequence is:
11,11X 12,12X 13,13x 14,14x etc...
or if you have completed 11-20, consolidate with 11X-20X.
BENEFITS of the 11X-20X READERS:
- entertaining adventure stories
- increase fluency with early words
- reinforce the high-frequency words
- reinforce the vital early digraphs
- reinforce the early special words
- learn twenty-six new special words
- build reading fluency with longer stories
There are several sounding-out options available. All speech is high-quality recording. The interface is designed for young fingers and can be used by the student alone or with a tutor.