RED uses information from The Home Front Command website which is updated in real-time and is pushed to your device when an alert is issued in your area.
When the alarm is issued you will receive a push notification and it's details will be displayed for 10 minutes according to the safety guidelines published by The Home Front Command.
You can easily choose between either receiving alerts only for your area or all the areas.
Other features and goodies:
- Alerts are PUSHED to your device! Other apps poll constantly causing battery drain. Save energy and use RED.
- You can see all the latest alerts from the last 10 minutes on a map (from around the country).
- More features are in the works for the upcoming version. Stay tuned!
RED was built as a non-profit project.
Feel free to visit us and give us your feedback so we can make it better suit your needs:
Disasters can occur anywhere, at any time. Alberta Emergency Alerts provide you with critical information about immediate disasters, where the disasters are occurring and what action you can take to better prepare yourself.
Alerts are distributed to the public through various outlets including:
• Radio and television
• RSS Feed
• Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Road Signage
• Alberta Emergency Alert App
Public Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Stop ● Listen ● Respond
ubAlert is a global social network that operates to save lives by sharing the knowledge of the world's citizens with those in danger.
Our ubAlert app gives you all the information you need when it comes to disasters happening across the world. With data collected from both verified sources and users like you, you’ll instantly have access to everything you need to know about an event. Alerts contain basic event details, impact statistics, maps, images, videos, and more. You can instantly share alerts with friends and family members to get them out of harm’s way via email, Facebook and Twitter.
The goal of this app is to create the world's largest, most reliable, all-hazard disaster alerting network by combining data from global institutions and data providers with crowd-sourced user accounts. Our global emergency warning platform validates the reliability of the reported content and then immediately alerts those who may be impacted, depending on the severity and location.
In the wake of the recent mega disasters (Indian Ocean Tsunami, Japan Earthquake/Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, etc...) and numerous man-made fiascos (SARs scare, Terrorist Attacks, etc…), it's become painfully obvious that the existing alert systems aren't enough. These events claimed more innocent lives than they had to, and we've been wondering why. You’d think our cities, states, and countries would have figured out a better way to warn us by now.
So we decided to create a global social network to fill the gap. If even a single life is saved, it's been well worth the effort.
Why doesn't this exist already?
- The disaster information is simply not known (not enough reporters and instruments on the ground yet);
- Governments and institutions are reluctant to alert citizens (some fear liability, some fear panic, and others, because they are irresponsible);
- The problem is hard to solve: how do you know who and when to alert in such a complex global village?
ubAlert gives POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
Imagine if an ordinary citizen could report only what she knows or sees, and have all who are interested instantly get informed. Suddenly, an initial report of a shooting in a neighborhood becomes an alert to all the neighbors, even ones she does not know yet. And imagine if there was a site that collected not only citizen's alerts, but that of other organizations around the world, and filtered and sent each alert according to the user's interests and potential impact! Wow, that will truly save lives! That's the plan.
How does it work?
All you have to do is to tell us what is happening, where, how serious the event is, and how large the impact area could be. Then, ubAlert checks to see who may be within the impact area you designed and is interested in the alert, and we send them an alert!
Yes, we do our best to get the right data from the right organizations, globally. But we cannot win this battle without YOU. This is how heroes are born from ordinary citizens who help other strangers!
The world will thank you for your participation, and may hail you as the "hero" who averted a potential disaster.
Basic Features include:
- Interactive map
- Sort events by severity / popularity / credibility
- Report an event and submit a photo or video
- Share events by email, or post links to Facebook and Twitter
- Save alerts to your “watch” list for quick viewing
- Adjust text size
- Provide feedback regarding credibility of the post to prevent fraudulent posts
- Adjust settings to display distance in kilometers or miles
Purchase an In-App Subscription to gain access to the following features:
- Get push notification alerts for events happening in your area
- Adjust your location settings, to a specific location and radius
- Sort alert list to view only alerts in your location
- Add important alerts to your watchlist for quick access
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
For all those who are giving it 1 stars due to the alerts it didn't generate on Oct28th,I will be looking at the code and moving this app to a new server.So that it would work fine at any time.(It didn't generate alerts because its gets the feed from PTWC and not ATWC which is the one that sends alerts for US West Coast)
**** This app is not for those people living in California,Hawaii,Canada and Western Coast of North America****
This is only for Asian countries in Pacific,Australia and NewZealand!!!
Note 1: If you don't get Tsunami alerts it's more due to your network providers data connection
Note 2: There is no way this app would report false reports.It also reports information bulletins/watch messages(level3/level4 messages) which are not of that much significance.Always look out for level1/level2 messages!
Note 3:If you have battery saving apps like Juice defender this might not work as it constantly pings the server (You need to allow this app in Juice defender settings to allow internet acess)
Pacific Ocean is otherwise known as Ring of Fire as nearly 90% of the world's earthquakes and 80% of the world's largest earthquakes occur along the cost of Pacific Ocean..Some of them are large enough like the one at Japan in March 2011 and they may cause destructive Tsunami's which may kill thousands of people along the Pacific coast.A Tsunami alert on your phone may help you to get informed before the disaster strikes..
Each Tsunami alert would be accompanied by a siren sound and generally it would last for few seconds depending upon the category of alert.For highest alert,it would last for 15 seconds(7 seconds during daytime) and for other information bulletins the siren would last for 2 seconds.
Take your own decision based upon the location of Tsunami and how far it's from your place.
People living in California,Oregon,Washington,British Colombia (Canada & United States) may have to rely to WCATC warnings apart from this...
Note:This app relies on PTWC Tsunami warnings for Pacific Ocean
The current version will no longer be available for Gingerbread handsets. However, the previous version 2.1 for Gingerbread can be side loaded from this link https://www.dropbox.com/s/tti3qlmzohxr3hd/Disastermon-2.1.apk.
Warnings are sorted by area (Pacific, Atlantic, etc.) or you can look up the All Tsunami Bulletins.
Plus find valuable information about Tsunami Awareness and Safety.
This app optimizes these publicly available news feeds and safety infos for the use on all mobile devices
*** Disclaimer ***
The Tsunami Warnings news feeds included in this app are based on the latest NOAA, the National Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Program and other official feeds. They may or may not be the most current forecast available from these official forecasting agencies. Remember to use this as a supplement to official sources only. The devolper of this app is not responsible for its ultimate use in the warnings.
There is a higher probability of Tsunami in Atlantic similar to that of Dec 2004 Tsunami in Indian Ocean.On November 1,1755 - A Tsunami in Atlantic Ocean wiped out the entire city of Lisbon in Portugal!!And the Tsunami's in Atlantic ocean may also affect nearly the whole of US East Coast,Canada and Europe.Added to this there is a fault line which runs through the centre of Atlantic ocean and there has been not a major earthquake of over 7.5 in the last 90 years.So there is every possibility of a Tsunami in that region in future.
Each Tsunami alert notification would be accompanied by a siren sound and generally it would last for few seconds depending upon the category of alert.For highest alert,it would last for 15 seconds(7 seconds during daytime) and for other information bulletins the siren would last for 2 seconds.
Note:This app relies on PTWC Tsunami warnings for Caribbean sea.(Atlantic Ocean)
Alerts and notifications coming soon in next version.
This app runs in the background and monitors the official National Weather Service (NWS) alerts for your area. New alerts will appear on the status bar, and by selecting it, you can read the details.
You can also choose how urgent of a notification to get, based on the NWS Severity. An Extreme alert coming through? Then you'd probably like vibrate, lights AND bell for that! But a simple Wind Warning? Probably not as much. You can choose the level of response in the preferences.
Simple Weather Alert allows you to monitor one location for NWS alerts. If you want to monitor more locations (including locations that move with you), then consider purchasing Pro Weather Alert.
Simple Weather Alert Features:
+ Monitor NWS weather alerts for your area
+ Choose how to be notified (lights, bell, vibrate)
+ Modify notification based on NWS severity (go crazy for extreme alerts, such as Tornado Warning)
+ Alerts keep updated automatically as long as you have connectivity
+ Browse the alert list when there are multiple alerts, and read the details and instructions for the 2 MOST SEVERE alerts, as well as any EXTREME alerts.
+ An app widget added to your home screen allows for easy on/off toggling of lights, vibrate and sound settings. The alerts will still be checked and put on your status bar though, so you can keep an eye on it during class or church, without it causing distraction.
+ Key words and phrases list. Create a list of words or phrases, and when an alert is received that contains those words or phrases, it will be marked in the alerts list with an icon, and the phrases will be highlighted when you read the alert details.
+ Email an alert to friends or send via text message (requires Contacts List permission), so they can be warned as well.
+ Post an alert on Facebook or your Twitter feed, to get the word out fast.
+ Input your location by city, county, zip code, or let the app find your phone location by GPS or network location providers.
You can view the app manual here:
An explanation of permissions: The SMS and Contacts List permission are required so you can send an alert to someone via text message. The contacts list permission allows for easier selecting of the number.
IMPORTANT: While we take all possible precautions to make sure this app will get you critical alerts on time, the unforseen can still occur, as well as simple cell/network outages. Thus, we do not recommend that you ever rely on this app ALONE for tornado warnings. Please use this app along with other methods to ensure you are alerted in time.
NOTE: If you are certain the app is not sending you the alerts it should, please use Menu:Troubleshooting to send us debug info about it so we can work to resolve it quickly.
If you run into any other issues with this app or have questions, send us a note in the Menu:Troubleshooting screen. Also, visit the developers blog on our website for a list of current issues we are addressing.
* Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
* 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
* Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
* High resolution satellite cloud imagery
* Current weather updated multiple times per hour
* Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
* Ability to add and save your favorite locations
* A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
* Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
* Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
You can choose a county or state within the US (or the entire US) and it will display a list of all of the current weather alerts.
This application is not officially authorized by the National Weather Service, it merely makes use of the information they provide via their public data APIs.
LA ÚNICA APP QUE SÍ RECIBE LA ALERTA SÍSMICA AHORA DISPONIBLE PARA ANDROID
- La más reciente Alerta fue el 18 de Abril de 2014.
- Se retransmitió a los móviles suscritos en tan sólo 1.2 segundos.
- Hemos mejorado el sistema de envío para disminuir la pérdida de notificaciones.
- REQUIERE COMPRA IN-APP PARA DESBLOQUEO DE FUNCIÓN DE ALERTA SÍSMICA.
- Esta aplicación es una repetidora de la señal de Alerta Sísmica que se transmite por estación de radio meteorológica (NOAA) en la Ciudad de México.
- Siempre que se emita la señal por parte del Cires A.C., nosotros la retrasmitiremos a sus móviles.
- No requiere estar en ejecución constante, sólo debe estar instalada.
- Requiere acceso a Internet vía WiFi o 3G y capacidad de recibir notificaciones Push.
- Esta app no está relacionada con el Cires A.C., ni con el Gobierno del DF.
• Recibe noticias de amenazas climáticas o desastres naturales en México.
• Recibe diariamente los pronósticos meteorológicos más relevantes para el país.
• Lista actualizada de los más recientes eventos sísmicos registrados en México por el SSN de México.
• Reportes del Sistema de Alerta Sísmica.
• Recibe vía PUSH la Alerta Sísmica para el Valle de México emitida por el CIRES A.C.
• Sonido de Alerta Sísmica y Simulacro con volumen máximo aún en modo silencio.
• Comparte los contenidos publicados en redes sociales.
Preguntas frecuentes y sus respuestas en: http://alertasismica-df.com/static/soporte/index.html
Visit www.flashalert.net for more information.
If you are having trouble attaching your account to the app, please see this page:
Verifica la popolazione coinvolta (entro 20 km da epicentro), la distanza da casa tua e la durata strumentale delle scosse.
Condividi su Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, o via email o SMS.
Ricerca i terremoti avvenuti dall'anno 1000.
Tieni sempre sott'occhio il widget con la mappa gli ultimi eventi (non può funzionare se l'app è spostata su SD).
Guarda come si sono svolte le sequenze sismiche.
Disponibile l'avviso di nuove scosse e l'aggiornamento automatico della lista quando l'applicazione non è attiva.
Saltuariamente possono essere inclusi nell'elenco anche terremoti molto forti avvenuti in altre parti del mondo ma rilevati anche dagli strumenti italiani.
I dati sono prelevati dal sito dell'Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica che li pubblica almeno 30 minuti dopo la scossa.
Domande più frequenti
1) All'improvviso non arrivano più le notifiche delle scosse, perché?
In alcuni casi sembra che il servizio di notifiche tramite Google Cloud Messaging si perda la registrazione: è sufficiente disattivarlo nelle Impostazioni e subito dopo riattivarlo.
2) Perché non mi funziona più il widget?
Probabilmente hai spostato l'applicazione su SD. Android non permette il funzionamento di widget di app che si trovano su SD.
3) A volte gli avvisi non arrivano o arrivano in ritardo.
Se l'applicazione è spostata su SD, ci possono essere dei disservizi quando la SD viene smontata, per esempio per copiare file tramite il computer. Si suggerisce di attivare gli avvisi tramite Google Cloud Messaging.
Per altri problemi mandatemi una mail.
4) Quando apro la mappa l'applicazione si blocca.
Esistono in commercio alcuni dispositivi Android con un difetto nel software di visualizzazione delle mappe di Google. Se il problema si verifica anche con altre applicazioni potrebbe essere dovuto a questo.
5) Perché c'è un ritardo di almeno di mezz'ora tra la scossa e l'avviso nell'applicazione?
Questo è il ritardo minimo con cui l'INGV pubblica i dati. Non esistono attualmente fonti più rapide. A volte il ritardo può anche aumentare (1 ora); raramente diminuire.
6) L'applicazione sarebbe più utile se desse l'avviso PRIMA della scossa. Si può fare?
Sembra una battuta, ma di tanto in tanto viene fatta questa domanda (anche tra i commenti all'app). Purtroppo le conoscenze scientifiche ad oggi NON PERMETTONO DI PREVEDERE tempo e luogo delle scosse. In Italia siamo all'avanguardia nella ricerca in questo campo e sappiamo molto bene, invece, quali sono le zone più a rischio dove si deve costruire con le dovute cautele!
7) Perché l'orario riportato è diverso da quello del sito INGV?
L'orario del sito INGV è quello di Greenwich senza ora legale. L'applicazione, invece, riporta l'orario corretto con le impostazioni del telefono (+2 in Italia con l'ora legale).
8) Potrebbe essere aggiunto un filtro sulle località di interesse?
Le località sono aggiunte dai tecnici dell'INGV e non è detto che seguano una convenzione ben definita: è disponibile un filtro su base distanza e la visualizzazione della distanza delle scosse.
9) Che c'entrano i terremoti di altre nazioni?
In alcuni casi l'INGV include anche questi terremoti, evidentemente perché di notevole intensità e rilevati anche da noi.
10) Preferirei la data nel formato giorno,mese,anno.
Il formato della rappresentazione viene lasciato al telefono seguendo la sua localizzazione.
11) Quando apro la mappa l'app crash.
Ci sono alcuni device in commercio con ROM fatte male, sui quali le app che usano le mappe di Google (tranne Google Maps) non funzionano.
Uno di questi è il Mediacom 715 (prima versione),
12) In che scala è la magnitudo?
This App includes a full and updated listing of Food Additives and Cosmetic Ingredients based on the International best selling researcher and author Bill Statham.
Over 8 years of research and not just information pulled from public websites.
Easy to Use:
- Easily browse through either Food Additives or Cosmetic Ingredients
- Search for Additives/Ingredients by name
- Search for Food Additives by INS number - Example 621 or E621 - MSG
- User friendly rating codes for each Additive/Ingredient
Search results for Food Additives and Cosmetic Ingredients the way you want them:
- Identify the Risk Levels of each
- Discover those to avoid based on Dietary Restrictions
- Identify those that may cause various Symptoms or Ailments
- Discover which ones Effect different parts of your Body or System
- Find out what they are Derived from
Filter by Symptoms and Ailments:
- Aggressive behaviour
- Allergic and hyper-sensitive reactions
- Behavioural problems
- Gastrointestinal ailments
- Headache & Migraine
- Learning difficulties
- Skin ailments (eczema, dermatitis, itching, hives, rash etc.)
- Sleep disturbance
Filter by your Dietary Restrictions:
- Gluten free (celiac)
Filter by the Effects on your Body:
- Cardiovascular System
- Developmental System
- Endocrine System
- Gastrointestinal System and Liver
- Immune System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Nervous System
- Nutritional depletion and Malabsorption
- Reproductive System
- Respiratory System
Filter by what they are Derived from:
- Maybe GMO
- Nano Technology
- Palm Oil
Supplement your team response with TRACmate to save valuable time, track their response and monitor their turnout.
- Automated or manual activation: Enter your own message or subscribe to an existing data feed.
- Notifications: Get notifications via your android phone/tablet and e-mail.
- Responses: Let your team know if you are going or not directly from your mobile device or Android wear / smart watch.
- Monitor responses: See who has accepted or declined the activation, see who is coming, delayed or going direct to the incident.
- Real-time Location Tracking: Track the location of your team as they turnout and respond. Don’t be left waiting for someone who isn’t coming.
- In Station Display: In-station displays provide auto map printing, voice read out and spatial display of incident information.
- On the road / In appliance: Tablet devices can be used to provide navigation assistance with integrated Google street navigation function. Access incident information and monitor the response of personnel from the road.
- Manage your team: View skills of team members and ring them with a tap of a button.
- Auto in-station/On scene: If you are sharing your location, you will be automatically logged into station / on scene.
- Real-time Availability: Monitor the real-time availability status of your team, see who is available at any time.
- Deployment scheduling: Manage future availability for local responses and strike team deployments.
- Reporting: View recent history of your team’s attendance and activations.
- Link Teams: Link to neighbouring teams to see their appliance location, share activations and/or share your scheduling information
- On line: No need for expensive hardware installations, just need an internet connection and a computer.
Although focused on the emergency management sector, TRACmate can assist anyone who needs to notify and track the response and attendance of a team of people.
- Fire Brigades: career, integrated, volunteer, retained
- Rescue Units: flood, storm, rescue
- Community: Community Fire Units, Community Fire Guard Groups, Bushfire Ready Groups
- Local Government: Emergency Management Teams
- Business: Wardens, Management Teams
- Industry: Emergency Response Teams
- Universities: Incident Management Teams
- Event Managers/Security Teams: Open days, festivals, public events