Disasters can occur anywhere, at any time. Alberta Emergency Alerts provide you with critical information about immediate disasters, where the disasters are occurring and what action you can take to better prepare yourself.
Alerts are distributed to the public through various outlets including:
• Radio and television
• RSS Feed
• Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Road Signage
• Alberta Emergency Alert App
Public Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Stop ● Listen ● Respond
RED uses information from The Home Front Command website which is updated in real-time and is pushed to your device when an alert is issued in your area.
When the alarm is issued you will receive a push notification and it's details will be displayed for 10 minutes according to the safety guidelines published by The Home Front Command.
You can easily choose between either receiving alerts only for your area or all the areas.
Other features and goodies:
- Alerts are PUSHED to your device! Other apps poll constantly causing battery drain. Save energy and use RED.
- You can see all the latest alerts from the last 10 minutes on a map (from around the country).
- More features are in the works for the upcoming version. Stay tuned!
RED was built as a non-profit project.
Feel free to visit us and give us your feedback so we can make it better suit your needs:
**USGS changed their data source breaking the list! Please upgrade to latest version!**
- Tab between map and list
- Latest quakes in the World.
- Filter what you see
- Click quake to view on map
- Map shows magnitudes
- View details on USGS site
- Alerts and Push notifications!
- Download the Alerter App to be more informed!
- Satellite Map view
- Share to social media
- Report if you felt it to USGS
- Choose what you want to load
ubAlert is a global social network that operates to save lives by sharing the knowledge of the world's citizens with those in danger.
Our ubAlert app gives you all the information you need when it comes to disasters happening across the world. With data collected from both verified sources and users like you, you’ll instantly have access to everything you need to know about an event. Alerts contain basic event details, impact statistics, maps, images, videos, and more. You can instantly share alerts with friends and family members to get them out of harm’s way via email, Facebook and Twitter.
The goal of this app is to create the world's largest, most reliable, all-hazard disaster alerting network by combining data from global institutions and data providers with crowd-sourced user accounts. Our global emergency warning platform validates the reliability of the reported content and then immediately alerts those who may be impacted, depending on the severity and location.
In the wake of the recent mega disasters (Indian Ocean Tsunami, Japan Earthquake/Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, etc...) and numerous man-made fiascos (SARs scare, Terrorist Attacks, etc…), it's become painfully obvious that the existing alert systems aren't enough. These events claimed more innocent lives than they had to, and we've been wondering why. You’d think our cities, states, and countries would have figured out a better way to warn us by now.
So we decided to create a global social network to fill the gap. If even a single life is saved, it's been well worth the effort.
Why doesn't this exist already?
- The disaster information is simply not known (not enough reporters and instruments on the ground yet);
- Governments and institutions are reluctant to alert citizens (some fear liability, some fear panic, and others, because they are irresponsible);
- The problem is hard to solve: how do you know who and when to alert in such a complex global village?
ubAlert gives POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
Imagine if an ordinary citizen could report only what she knows or sees, and have all who are interested instantly get informed. Suddenly, an initial report of a shooting in a neighborhood becomes an alert to all the neighbors, even ones she does not know yet. And imagine if there was a site that collected not only citizen's alerts, but that of other organizations around the world, and filtered and sent each alert according to the user's interests and potential impact! Wow, that will truly save lives! That's the plan.
How does it work?
All you have to do is to tell us what is happening, where, how serious the event is, and how large the impact area could be. Then, ubAlert checks to see who may be within the impact area you designed and is interested in the alert, and we send them an alert!
Yes, we do our best to get the right data from the right organizations, globally. But we cannot win this battle without YOU. This is how heroes are born from ordinary citizens who help other strangers!
The world will thank you for your participation, and may hail you as the "hero" who averted a potential disaster.
Basic Features include:
- Interactive map
- Sort events by severity / popularity / credibility
- Report an event and submit a photo or video
- Share events by email, or post links to Facebook and Twitter
- Save alerts to your “watch” list for quick viewing
- Adjust text size
- Provide feedback regarding credibility of the post to prevent fraudulent posts
- Adjust settings to display distance in kilometers or miles
Purchase an In-App Subscription to gain access to the following features:
- Get push notification alerts for events happening in your area
- Adjust your location settings, to a specific location and radius
- Sort alert list to view only alerts in your location
- Add important alerts to your watchlist for quick access
• Highly responsive interactive map optimized for 3G and WiFi performance
• Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
• NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
• Highest resolution satellite cloud imagery available
• Exclusive patent pending Road Weather Index
• Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
• Fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
• Integrated compass overlay
• Most accurate 10 day forecasts with both daily and hourly detail
• Ability to easily save your favorite locations
• Full featured and user tested
• Weather Widget for unlock page
• Earthquake Plotting
• Storm Track Plotting
• Tropical Track Plotting
• Status bar alert acknowledgement
• Alerts over map on/off switch in settings
• Additional Small Widget
• Widget Configuration (Daily or Hourly view)
• Watch/Warning (Alert) boxes on map.
• Spanish language support; NOTE: Language used in the app will reflect the overall language being used for the device
• Ability to acknowledge Alerts from within the app
• Audio, LED, and vibrate for Alert Notifications
• Feature tips to help users more fully take advantage of app features
This app runs in the background and monitors the official National Weather Service (NWS) alerts for your area. New alerts will appear on the status bar, and by selecting it, you can read the details.
You can also choose how urgent of a notification to get, based on the NWS Severity. An Extreme alert coming through? Then you'd probably like vibrate, lights AND bell for that! But a simple Wind Warning? Probably not as much. You can choose the level of response in the preferences.
Simple Weather Alert allows you to monitor one location for NWS alerts. If you want to monitor more locations (including locations that move with you), then consider purchasing Pro Weather Alert.
Simple Weather Alert Features:
+ Monitor NWS weather alerts for your area
+ Choose how to be notified (lights, bell, vibrate)
+ Modify notification based on NWS severity (go crazy for extreme alerts, such as Tornado Warning)
+ Alerts keep updated automatically as long as you have connectivity
+ Browse the alert list when there are multiple alerts, and read the details and instructions for the 2 MOST SEVERE alerts, as well as any EXTREME alerts.
+ An app widget added to your home screen allows for easy on/off toggling of lights, vibrate and sound settings. The alerts will still be checked and put on your status bar though, so you can keep an eye on it during class or church, without it causing distraction.
+ Key words and phrases list. Create a list of words or phrases, and when an alert is received that contains those words or phrases, it will be marked in the alerts list with an icon, and the phrases will be highlighted when you read the alert details.
+ Email an alert to friends or send via text message (requires Contacts List permission), so they can be warned as well.
+ Post an alert on Facebook or your Twitter feed, to get the word out fast.
+ Input your location by city, county, zip code, or let the app find your phone location by GPS or network location providers.
You can view the app manual here:
An explanation of permissions: The SMS and Contacts List permission are required so you can send an alert to someone via text message. The contacts list permission allows for easier selecting of the number.
IMPORTANT: While we take all possible precautions to make sure this app will get you critical alerts on time, the unforseen can still occur, as well as simple cell/network outages. Thus, we do not recommend that you ever rely on this app ALONE for tornado warnings. Please use this app along with other methods to ensure you are alerted in time.
NOTE: If you are certain the app is not sending you the alerts it should, please use Menu:Troubleshooting to send us debug info about it so we can work to resolve it quickly.
If you run into any other issues with this app or have questions, send us a note in the Menu:Troubleshooting screen. Also, visit the developers blog on our website for a list of current issues we are addressing.
Stay up to date with all the very latest Aussie cyclone news, outlooks, warnings and alerts. The App also allows subscribers to OCC to view their exclusive content via the App. (Subscription available separately from http://ozcyclonechasers.com.au/subscribe)
Our App features:
- Access by Login to a special Subscriber only section for our Eyewall Subscribers (http://ozcyclonechasers.com.au/subscribe) which includes state-by-state detailed videos, state-by-state detailed forecasts and outlooks, global cyclones blog and more.
- Push Notifications for regions under a cyclone threat - Find out as soon as a new warning/watch is issued for your town/city via a push notification straight to your phone. (requires you to allow the app to send you push notifications).
- One touch links to official BoM and JTWC Cyclone warning pages.
- One touch link straight to our chase page where you can watch our latest cyclone live as we chase it with full audio and video as well as the latest weather data streamed live (coverage dependent).
- Easy access to all Queensland, WA and NT warnings within moments of being issued.
- Access to our cyclone outlook videos and other video uploads.
- Quick one touch access to our Facebook feed - never miss another one of our important news updates again.
We also have many planned features that we will be adding to the app over time. These include but are not limited to:
- Access to advanced radar imagery
- Custom forecasts based on your location
- Plus Many More
Please remember that any views we express in our app, media or other products are entirely those of our severe weather enthusiasts and chase team. They are not endorsed by any official agencies and we can not be held liable for decisions made by you based on any of the information obtained from our app or other media products.
* Support for Metadata Tags (This means you can now see which department is talking each time a call goes out! Bringing you closer than ever to a real scanner) this is a unbelievable awesome new feature only found in Police Radio. *(feature currently available on select feeds only)
ABOUT THE APP:
Police Radio is a fast & easy to use application for listening to live Police, Fire, EMS frequencies throughout the United States, Canada and more!
With Police Radio you can listen to all your favorite emergency frequencies such as NYFD and LAPD at the fraction of the cost of a real scanner. Follow along with the action using the built in police code list so you never miss a beat.
* Current conditions & 4 day forecast.
* Widget player (pause & play everywhere).
* Support for alpha tags / metadata.
* Realistic scrolling text.
* High resolution display graphics.
* Ability to save your favorite stations.
* Intuitive & easy to navigate interface.
* Background audio support.
* Directly Plugs Into RadioReference.com.
* Fast & excellent customer support.
Please visit: http://radioreference.com for a full list of supported locations.
Having Problems? We can solve 99% of all issues you may be experiencing. Just send us an email with your concern and we will promptly address your situation.
*Disclaimer: This software connects you to REAL LIVE Police, Fire and EMS scanners and that being said the Police Radio app is not to be used to impede Law Enforcement from performing there normal duties.
Neben den Deutschlandweiten Warnungen durch den Deutschen Wetterdienst (DWD) setzen immer mehr Landkreise und kreisfreie Städte in Deutschland KATWARN für Ihre kommunalen Warnungen ein. Eine Übersicht finden Sie unter www.katwarn.de
Die Benachrichtigungen werden dabei von den jeweiligen Leitstellen der Feuerwehr, des Katastrophenschutzes oder vom Deutschen Wetterdienst ausgelöst.
Die App verfügt über folgende Funktionen:
• aktive Benachrichtigung (Push-Meldungen) über Gefahren für bis zu acht Orte: neben dem aktuellen Standort (=“Schutzengel“) sieben frei wählbare Orte
• postleitzahlgenaue Warnungen für die gewählten Orte mit Warntexten und farbbasierter Klassifikation der Warnstufe
• kontinuierliche, anonymisierte Aktualisierung der Ortsinformationen, so dass manuell keine weiteren Eingaben zum Standort nötig sind
• sofortige Benachrichtigung bei Betreten eines aktuellen Gefahrenbereichs
• Feedback-Funktion für Rückmeldungen an den App-Dienstleister
Für Fragen und Fehlermeldungen wenden Sie sich bitte an firstname.lastname@example.org oder http://www.katwarn.de.
The Bureau of Meteorology is Australia's national weather, climate and water agency. Its expertise and services assist Australians in dealing with the harsh realities of their natural environment, including drought, floods, fires, storms, tsunami and tropical cyclones. Through regular forecasts, warnings, monitoring and advice spanning the Australian region and Antarctic territory, the Bureau provides one of the most fundamental and widely used services of government.
While every effort will be made to ensure that Bureau of Meteorology radar imagery is available on this app, there may be occasions when equipment or communications failure make this impossible. The Bureau's ability to restore the radar display following an outage may be limited by the priority to maintain forecasting and warning services. For some major cities the Bureau can ensure the quality of its forecasting services through access to secondary radars that may not always be accessible from their site.
IMPORTANT - if you're receiving a message asking you to turn on notifications, you need to ensure that push notifications are enabled specifically for the FireReady app. The steps for this may vary depending on your device model and version of Android, but should be similar to this:
1. Open your device's Settings
2. Select Applications
3. Select Manage Applications
4. Choose FireReady from the list there
5. At the top of the screen, there is a tick box that says 'Show Notifications'. Ensure it is ticked.
• Live incident map showing all current official warnings, planned burns and other types of incidents across Victoria.
• Simple to use Watch Zones that ensure you get official warnings for your local area. Warnings and information are pushed out to a user's phone when issued by CFA, MFB or DEPI.
• Integration of DEPI planned burns.
• GPS integration to determine your current location and surrounding incidents. You must have your location functionality switched on and GPS enabled.
• Emergency Warnings, Watch & Act, and Advice information as issued by the CFA, MFB and DEPI
• Share incidents and warnings with friends and family.
• View today's Fire Danger Rating map.
• View today's Total Fire Ban Status.
The FireReady app is just one tool to assist you to access warnings and information about bushfire, however you should never rely on just one information channel. Fire and emergency services use a range of other information channels including SKY TV, ABC local radio, some commercial and designated community radio stations, Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL) on 1800 240 667, VicEmergency on www.emergency.vic.gov.au and social media channels including CFA Twitter and Facebook.
Please refer to the Terms & Conditions and Disclaimer within the app for further information, view the FAQs at http://firereadyfaq.emergency.vic.gov.au/ or email the team at FireReadyApp@emergency.vic.gov.au if you need further assistance.
* Your device must have an internet connection and have GPS location services turned on to receive warnings and information issued by Victorian fire and emergency services.
** Map symbols represent the origin of the fire, not its current location or spread.
What's New in Version 4.0
• More reliable
• Faster and easier to use
• Lower battery usage
What's New in Version 4.0.1
• Fix for HTC One devices
• Error message change
What's New in Version 4.0.2
• Fire type and size will now display where possible
• Ability to set smaller watch zones
• Fixes to Android 4.0 display issues
• Improvements to date and time functionality in warnings and incidents
• Other minor changes to text, error messaging and layouts
All data sorted by State to ensure the quickest ready access to relevant, up to date information.
***Completely free with no display ads, annoying pop ups or push notifications.***
Latest information from:
- Country Fire Authority (CFA) Vic, cfa.vic.gov.au;
- Rural Fire Service (RFS) NSW, rfs.nsw.gov.au;
- Country Fire Service (CFS) SA, cfs.sa.gov.au;
- Rural Fire Service (RFS) QLD, ruralfire.qld.gov.au;
- Department of Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) WA, dfes.wa.gov.au;
- Tasmania Fire Service (TFS), fire.tas.gov.au;
- Rural Fire Service (RFS) ACT, esa.act.gov.au/actrfs;
- Police, Fire and Emergency Services (PFES) NT, pfes.nt.gov.au;
- ABC Radio;
- Bureau of Meteorology Australia, bom.gov.au;
- Geoscience Australia, ga.gov.au;
- National and local media.
Critical information such as emergency radio broadcast frequencies and bushfire safer places is stored on your phone for quick access without mobile internet connection.
Brought to you by BushfireBlankets.com, the makers of the Australian Bushfire Blanket.
New features and performance improvements being added regularly. If you have any feature suggestions, please drop us an email at bushfireblankets.com
Share weather photos with family and friends via e-mail, text message, Twitter and Facebook.
Use the app to submit storm reports, photos and and video storm reports to 13News.
The 13News Severe Weather App features:
-Severe weather warnings and advisories for Hampton Roads and NE N.C.
-Hurricane and tropical storm tracking
-Severe weather preparation and survival info
-Local emergency contacts
-Vital information during severe weather events
-Share content via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter
-Submit photos, video and weather reports with 13News
Supplement your team response with TRACmate to save valuable time, track their response and monitor their turnout.
- Automated or manual activation: Enter your own message or subscribe to an existing data feed.
- Notifications: Get notifications via your android phone/tablet and e-mail.
- Responses: Let your team know if you are going or not directly from your mobile device or Android wear / smart watch.
- Monitor responses: See who has accepted or declined the activation, see who is coming, delayed or going direct to the incident.
- Real-time Location Tracking: Track the location of your team as they turnout and respond. Don’t be left waiting for someone who isn’t coming.
- In Station Display: In-station displays provide auto map printing, voice read out and spatial display of incident information.
- On the road / In appliance: Tablet devices can be used to provide navigation assistance with integrated Google street navigation function. Access incident information and monitor the response of personnel from the road.
- Manage your team: View skills of team members and ring them with a tap of a button.
- Auto in-station/On scene: If you are sharing your location, you will be automatically logged into station / on scene.
- Real-time Availability: Monitor the real-time availability status of your team, see who is available at any time.
- Deployment scheduling: Manage future availability for local responses and strike team deployments.
- Reporting: View recent history of your team’s attendance and activations.
- Link Teams: Link to neighbouring teams to see their appliance location, share activations and/or share your scheduling information
- On line: No need for expensive hardware installations, just need an internet connection and a computer.
Although focused on the emergency management sector, TRACmate can assist anyone who needs to notify and track the response and attendance of a team of people.
- Fire Brigades: career, integrated, volunteer, retained
- Rescue Units: flood, storm, rescue
- Community: Community Fire Units, Community Fire Guard Groups, Bushfire Ready Groups
- Local Government: Emergency Management Teams
- Business: Wardens, Management Teams
- Industry: Emergency Response Teams
- Universities: Incident Management Teams
- Event Managers/Security Teams: Open days, festivals, public events
This App includes a full and updated listing of Food Additives and Cosmetic Ingredients based on the International best selling researcher and author Bill Statham.
Over 8 years of research and not just information pulled from public websites.
Easy to Use:
- Easily browse through either Food Additives or Cosmetic Ingredients
- Search for Additives/Ingredients by name
- Search for Food Additives by INS number - Example 621 or E621 - MSG
- User friendly rating codes for each Additive/Ingredient
Search results for Food Additives and Cosmetic Ingredients the way you want them:
- Identify the Risk Levels of each
- Discover those to avoid based on Dietary Restrictions
- Identify those that may cause various Symptoms or Ailments
- Discover which ones Effect different parts of your Body or System
- Find out what they are Derived from
Filter by Symptoms and Ailments:
- Aggressive behaviour
- Allergic and hyper-sensitive reactions
- Behavioural problems
- Gastrointestinal ailments
- Headache & Migraine
- Learning difficulties
- Skin ailments (eczema, dermatitis, itching, hives, rash etc.)
- Sleep disturbance
Filter by your Dietary Restrictions:
- Gluten free (celiac)
Filter by the Effects on your Body:
- Cardiovascular System
- Developmental System
- Endocrine System
- Gastrointestinal System and Liver
- Immune System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Nervous System
- Nutritional depletion and Malabsorption
- Reproductive System
- Respiratory System
Filter by what they are Derived from:
- Maybe GMO
- Nano Technology
- Palm Oil