A single app for AHS means that Albertans will be able to find official AHS content and functionality without sorting through the hundreds of thousands of available apps or loading a webpage. We will continue to add to it as we are able to provide more features.
Emergency Department Wait Times & Important Contacts
You can now access real-time estimated wait times for Calgary and Edmonton emergency departments and urgent care centres through the AHS App.
This tool is designed to help Albertans decide where to access care for themselves and their families. Anyone needing emergency care is always reminded to call 911, or to go to the nearest emergency department.
The wait times App estimates how long it takes for patients to be seen by a physician once a triage nurse has assessed them. Wait times do not represent the total time patients may spend at the hospital or urgent care centre, or in line for triage. Please remember, we provide care to the most critical cases first.
The goal is to continue to expand this service to other areas of the province.
• Estimated emergency department and urgent care centre wait times initially for Calgary Zone and Edmonton Zone* facilities, including:
- wait times updated every two minutes
- list view showing all the wait times for the Calgary Zone and Edmonton Zone
- map view showing your current location and the wait times of nearby facilities
- directions to each facility from your current location
• Health Care Locator
- Use the locator to find the hospitals, health care facilities, programs and services near you.
- Search by your current location or postal code
- Find any of the approximately 85K options throughout the province
• Important contact numbers, including:
- HealthLink: 24/7 health information and advice from registered nurses
- Poison Control (PADIS)
- Mental Health Help Line
- Kids Help Phone
• Fall into the Routine
- Find clinics and times for your annual influenza immunization
• Share the App – let your friends and family know about the AHS App by notifying them via:
*Note: The estimated wait times will be expanded to the whole province as this information becomes available.
As part of our commitment to providing health information to Albertans, this app is yours. We want to know what content, functionality and features you want out of the AHS app. Let us know!
is not knowing how long you will have to wait. Now you can know before
you go! With our FREE mobile app, you can find out Emergency Room Wait
Times for MetroWest Medical Center in Framingham and Natick and Saint
Vincent Hospital in Worcester and have the information you need available
at your fingertips. This app is designed to provide you with the
information you need to make the best decision possible for you and your
family. Remember, if you have a life threatening emergency, please call