The PUB Green Run (formerly known as the Green Corridor Run) is back and we are on a mission to contribute to the rewilding of the Rail Corridor, an initiative under the National Parks Board’s 'OneMillionTrees' movement. www.greenrun.com.sg
Traditionally held along Singapore’s Rail Corridor from 2013-2016, the Green Corridor Run sold out each year and helped to raise awareness about the Rail Corridor and the importance of preserving it. The event received various accolades and was mentioned by the Prime Minister Lee in his 2016 National Day Rally speech.
With the support of PUB, Singapore’s National Water Agency, the 2021 edition of the PUB Green Run is a virtual race with a very real purpose. For every person who participates, $10 will be donated to the Nature Society (Singapore)’s role in the rewilding of the Rail Corridor, an initiative under the National Parks Board’s 'OneMillionTrees' movement.
By participating in the PUB Green Run, participants will not only increase their mental and physical wellbeing, but they will also be directly contributing to the rewilding project, enhancing the natural habitat along the Rail Corridor, improving its ecological connectivity and cooling the area for recreational users. Participants will also receive a high quality running cap and bamboo (FSC certified) finisher medal.
The features of the PUB Green Run app are:
- Participant login; you must register for the PUB Green Run to receive a login.
- Set a target time for your race; the app will inform you of your progress relative to this target time.
- Challenge friends; select up to two participants to compare your time with.
- Record your run; the app tracks your route and captures your completion distance and time.
- Receive audio updates at various distance checkpoints throughout your run.
- Take photos during your run within the app. Each photo is in a shareable format with a PUB Green Run digital frame.
- View your result and the Leaderboard.