Want to read Prince Edward Island’s provincial newspaper but you leave too early in the morning, travel a lot or you are going away on vacation? Or, maybe you just want to go paperless? The Guardian Digital edition is right for you! This app allows you to view a digital replica of the printed paper. Already a print subscriber? The Guardian is pleased to offer full access to the digital edition at no additional cost! Simply use your current print subscription account number to create your digital Smartedition username and password. Don’t know your current print subscription account number? Please contact our reader service department at email@example.com
Discover a new way to read The Guardian! Flip from page to page, pan and zoom in on any article, photo or ad. Crisp, bright and easy to use, you can now enjoy reading The Guardian whenever or wherever! Download your edition and take it to the gym, on the bus or on the plane!
The Independent Android app presents our latest content in a clear and informative layout, making it simple to navigate, read and share the latest stories, whether or not you are connected to the internet.
The following features are all in the FREE area of the app:
● Latest news, comment, features and sport: Updated throughout the day to ensure you can easily follow breaking stories
● Videos: Our new video gallery provides clips of the latest news and viral videos
● Puzzles: Tackle your favourite crosswords, sudokus and codewords directly in the app
● Weather: Up-to-date forecasts for the whole of the UK
● Social: Share your favourite stories with your social network
In the premium area of the app:
● E-editions: For a small subscription fee (below), read the pages of the latest edition of the newspaper, plus a 30-day archive, including every supplement, exactly as they were printed.
One-month subscription at ￡13
One-year subscription at ￡150
Subscription payments will be charged to your Google Play account. The subscription will auto-renew within 24 hours of the current subscription expiring. Auto-renewing subscriptions can be managed via Account Settings, allowing them to be turned off.
Get unlimited information - With extended coverage on your news; with video clips, more pictures and text.
One login across your multiple devices
Digital Magazines, including the top Business Magazine in the country, the Business Guardian
Get immediate contact with advertisers through live web links – to emails and websites
On your Smartphone? Check out our new mobile app, The Trinidad Guardian Mobile.
2014 Google Editor’s Choice Winner as one of the top rated daily news apps on Google Play.
Up-to-the-minute national & world breaking news in a lightning-fast, beautifully personalized interface.
“News Republic offers the cure for infobesity” CNET.
“If you love news, News Republic is the right app for you!” AppDictions.
“Best News App”! AppStorm.
• Visual: Get the latest breaking news headlines from your favorite topics in a highly visual format.
• Smart: News Republic learns as you read, personalizing your news experience automatically.
• In the know: My News Digest is your daily news briefing built around YOU.
• Complete: We bring you complete articles with full text, photos and videos from trusted sources around the world.
• Yours: Choose from over 1m topics for a custom home screen and news experience.
• In-depth: Explore related topics via Tag Nav™, our innovative news navigation system.
• Customizable: Add custom headlines from your favorite RSS newsfeeds.
Featured news partners include Reuters, Bloomberg, Huffington Post, TechCrunch and many more.
Get complete news coverage on: National News, World News, Technology, Politics, Sports, Entertainment and over 1 million topics that you can personalize.
News Republic offers worldwide breaking news headlines in 12 regional editions - USA, UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, China, Canada, Mexico, Russia, LatAm and International.
Create your own news personal profile and use across multiple devices by signing in with either email, Facebook or your Google + profile.
You can even save news articles for reading or sharing later and access a snapshot of the entire app’s newsfeeds offline if you know you’re going to be out of coverage.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Be informed. Be prepared. Be engaged.
Facebook - facebook.com/News.Republic
Twitter - @NewsRepublic
YouTube - youtube.com/MyNewsRepublic
Extensions included for Android Wear
Companion app available for Samsung Gear
Yahoo News Digest provides a definitive summary of all the important, need-to-know news. Digests are delivered twice a day - once in the morning and once in the evening. All the top stories are summarized and presented with the key information that you need to stay on top of what’s happening.
Each story is created from multiple sources to present the essential bits and pieces of information, known as “atoms”. Atoms are key quotes, images, videos, maps, infographs, and Wikipedia excerpts among others. These atomic units provide a unique context to the news. Our stories are both algorithmically and hand curated to ensure high quality, and come with a textual summary.
Yahoo News Digest makes your reading experience comprehensive, effortless, and complete. Our goal is to inform you of all the key headlines you need to know and allow you to share the news with others.
We are committed to building the best mobile experience and are interested in your feedback.
Let us know your thoughts here: https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/235999
Enjoy the FT's award-winning global news, video, comment and analysis, with automatic downloads of the most recent edition to read even when you don't have a signal.
- Free to download
- Free registration allows 3 articles per month as well as giving access to your FT.com portfolio
- Subscribers have unlimited access on all FT.com outlets - phone, tablet and desktop
- Premium subscribers also get the Financial Times' incisive Lex column and exclusive newsletters
- Users in India get a specially customised front page
The app is integrated with your FT.com account login and settings. This application allows users to register or subscribe on device securely via FT.com. Once you have signed up, or upgraded your account, please switch back to the app and enjoy your new level of access.
If you have any feedback on our Android app, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. With over 500 Android devices in the market we have tested on many but haven’t managed to cover all combinations. If you have issues with your particular handset then we would love to hear from you. Please include details of which Android device you are using, and OS version if you know it.
The all-new FT Android app
We have redesigned the FT Android app from the ground up, with a new, cleaner layout and a host of new features, new content and additional functionality including recommended reads. For the first time it will have videos, embedded slideshows and hi-res images optimised for a small screen, plus a clearer design making it easier to navigate. The app is available to download for free from Google Play. For more information visit http://apps.ft.com/home/web-app/.
· Your personalised FT: My FT is a personalised hub where you can keep all the content that interests you in one place – saved articles, recommended reads, recently-read stories and your portfolio summary.
· Stories brought to life, with videos, embedded slideshows and hi-res images giving you a richer reading experience.
· Easier to read, with a clean design that gives more room for news and easy swiping from one article to the next.
· Morning edition, on large-screen devices presents content as per that morning’s newspaper – and won’t update throughout the day, giving you a reading experience as close to the paper as possible. Prefer to get updated on the latest news as it comes in throughout the day? Just switch back to the Live Edition.
· Improved navigation makes it easier and faster to find the content that matters most to you. Find what you're looking for in an instant.
· Frequently downloads the latest FT content, allowing seamless offline usage when there's no live connection
· Access full markets data section including market gainers and losers, currencies, commodities and bonds
· View stock performance summaries with detailed business profile information, estimates and targeted news
*App runs on Android 4.0 and above.
FT Weekend now looks even better with our new app edition, giving you a beautifully designed way to enjoy our arts and lifestyle coverage wherever you are at the weekend. Read food and drink reviews, enjoy Lunch with the FT or browse through style pages, all through your smartphone or tablet. From celebrated book commentaries to an intelligent look at global travel, property and culture - there is something to delight and inspire all of our readers.
N.B: To play news video, you have to install YouTube 4.2.16 or higher application on device.
Specially crafted for tablets and phones, this app brings you breaking news and full access to the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you’re offline, and save content for as long as you like.
⚫ Stay up to date with live news and sport
⚫ Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for Android tablets and phones
⚫ Read offline
⚫ Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
⚫ Stay informed with breaking news alerts
⚫ Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
⚫ Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries - with stunning high-resolution images
⚫ Save any content you want to keep
⚫ Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
⚫ Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
⚫ Upgrade to the premium tier for our crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and is processed by Google Play.
Location: users can choose to include their location when contributing to our stories via GuardianWitness. As such, we request the ‘Precise location’ app permission. Including this is optional when contributing.
⚫ Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
Full feature list
- 14 day free trial period (initial subscription required)
- editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- on Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- on Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every weekday
- editions from the last month available in the archive
- all article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- in-article image galleries
- video embedded in articles viewable when online
- share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- related articles within the edition highlighted
- related online articles
As you walk through the streets of King’s Cross, London, the app will automatically activate stories relevant to your GPS location. Whether you’re a first time visitor or a local resident, walk with fresh ears and eyes as you hear tales - old and new - from this part of London.
Streetstories is perfect if you have half an hour to spare to explore the area. Listen to 10 stories, from the sublime architecture of Gilbert Scott’s St Pancras to the Guardian’s home Kings Place, a cutting edge new arts complex.
Alternatively if you’d rather listen off-location, use the app in manual mode to access all the stories.
The app covers a section of King’s Cross and St Pancras.
Produced by the Guardian, whose UK offices are in the landmark Kings Place development in King’s Cross, the app provides an entertaining and atmospheric experience of the ‘Railwaylands’ area - rich in history, and rapidly regenerating.
Full feature list:
• Multi-layered audio with sounds, music and stories
• This version features a selection of 10 stories, including interviews with local historians, experts and local people. Stories include:
- Readings from Charles Dickens, set in the area
- The sublime architecture of Gilbert Scott’s St Pancras
- The area’s seedy past - including interviews with former street workers
- The Guardian’s home Kings Place, a cutting edge new arts complex
- Custom map view: Stories are mapped with dots - use pinch and zoom to help navigate
- Dual playback modes for on-location or off-location use. Autoplay uses GPS to keep track of your location, and auto-activate stories. Manual mode allows you to activate stories and listen from off-location by tapping on story dots
- Locate me button: Pinpoint your position in autoplay mode
NOTE: We’d appreciate feedback on your experience, and suggestions for how we might improve any future versions. Please leave feedback in Google Play or contact email@example.com. The app is developed in partnership with Calvium, Ltd.