The Independent Android app presents our latest content in a clear and informative layout, making it simple to navigate, read and share the latest stories, whether or not you are connected to the internet.
The following features are all in the FREE area of the app:
● Latest news, comment, features and sport: Updated throughout the day to ensure you can easily follow breaking stories
● Videos: Our new video gallery provides clips of the latest news and viral videos
● Puzzles: Tackle your favourite crosswords, sudokus and codewords directly in the app
● Weather: Up-to-date forecasts for the whole of the UK
● Social: Share your favourite stories with your social network
In the premium area of the app:
● E-editions: For a small subscription fee (below), read the pages of the latest edition of the newspaper, plus a 30-day archive, including every supplement, exactly as they were printed.
One-month subscription at ￡13
One-year subscription at ￡150
Subscription payments will be charged to your Google Play account. The subscription will auto-renew within 24 hours of the current subscription expiring. Auto-renewing subscriptions can be managed via Account Settings, allowing them to be turned off.
Get unlimited information - With extended coverage on your news; with video clips, more pictures and text.
One login across your multiple devices
Digital Magazines, including the top Business Magazine in the country, the Business Guardian
Get immediate contact with advertisers through live web links – to emails and websites
On your Smartphone? Check out our new mobile app, The Trinidad Guardian Mobile.
Want to read Prince Edward Island’s provincial newspaper but you leave too early in the morning, travel a lot or you are going away on vacation? Or, maybe you just want to go paperless? The Guardian Digital edition is right for you! This app allows you to view a digital replica of the printed paper. Already a print subscriber? The Guardian is pleased to offer full access to the digital edition at no additional cost! Simply use your current print subscription account number to create your digital Smartedition username and password. Don’t know your current print subscription account number? Please contact our reader service department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover a new way to read The Guardian! Flip from page to page, pan and zoom in on any article, photo or ad. Crisp, bright and easy to use, you can now enjoy reading The Guardian whenever or wherever! Download your edition and take it to the gym, on the bus or on the plane!
Experience The New York Times’s award-winning journalism. Get the latest news, elegantly presented with enhanced imagery, multimedia and streamlined navigation. Stay informed on world news, national news, business, the arts, technology, style, sports, food, travel, opinions and more.
The New York Times app also includes our International Edition with breaking news, world news, current events and cultural content from our 50 newspaper bureaus around the globe.
Named Editors’ Choice as one of the top apps on Google Play, The New York Times app connects you to your favorite newspaper anywhere you are, anytime you want to read it. We’re breaking news, world news and national news in your pocket.
Download the NYTimes Android app for FREE today, and subscribe to receive your first 14 days at no cost. All users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section.
• Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photography
• Breaking news alerts — be the first to know about current events as soon as they occur
• Get the latest news in less time with automatic background refresh
• Save NYT articles to revisit later on any device (web, phone, tablet)
• Customize your news experience with home screen widgets
• Share The Times’s articles, photos and videos through Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS
• Sit back and have the latest NYT news read to you aloud with text to speech
• Read more comfortably in low-light with “night mode"
• Miss recent world news or national news? Quickly search by topic, name or interest
• Join the conversations — view and write comments on articles, or use speech-to-text to “speak in” comments
• Get a daily photo preview of the day’s top stories in the Android notification area
• Have a Samsung Style Pen (S Pen)? Annotate articles and save your notes for future reference
For unlimited access to our award-winning journalism, subscribe now and get your first 14 days free via Google Play.* Subscriptions are $14.99/month (Smartphone + Web), $19.99/month (Tablet + Web) and $34.99/month (All Digital Access includes tablet and smartphone apps). All subscriptions are auto-renewable.
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact our support team at email@example.com. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
*Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars, and local pricing is available in over 55 countries. Other restrictions apply.
In this version you can expect:
- All the latest news, as it happens
- Alerts for breaking news and featured content
- Video channel
- Audio content from Talk Radio 702, 567 CapeTalk, 94.7 Highveld Stereo and 94.5 Kfm
- Business, Entertainment, iWitness, Local, Opinion, Politics, Sport and World
- iWitness News contributions with media options
About Eyewitness News:
Eyewitness News is an independent, award-winning South African news organisation, accessible through ewn.co.za, ewn.mobi and on radio through bulletins on Talk Radio 702, 567 CapeTalk, 94.7 Highveld Stereo and 94.5 Kfm .
EWN reporters, photographers and videographers are based in Johannesburg and Cape Town and travel wherever the news is happening. EWN also has a string of correspondents across the country and in major cities around the world.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
News, Sport, Business, Politics, Opinion, Entertainment, Media, Video, Audio, Podcasts, Eyewitness News, EWN, Talk Radio 702, 567 CapeTalk, 94.7 Highveld Stereo, 94.5 Kfm, South Africa, Africa, South African News
On your Tablet? Check out The Digital Guardian!
Feed your daily addiction with stories & photos from all our top channels: US & World News, Celebrity & Showbiz, Sports, Femail, Science & Tech, Health, Money, Travel, and many more!
See what everyone's talking about and download our app today.
• Over 15 Channels of must-read articles and photos - that's over 600+ original stories every day!
• Offline Mode: Pre-load stories & galleries to access when you're offline or without reception - great for commutes!
• Select a Location: Choose from US, UK or Rest of World to ensure you get the news most relevant to you.
• Express Yourself: Post your Comments on articles or Rate other user's comments that you like or dislike.
• Custom Settings: Select when data and images sync based on your preferred connection (Wi-Fi or 3G).
• Choose which Channels you want to sync and when. We recommend that you do a Wi-Fi sync at the beginning of your day so you have access all-day long, even without a connection.
If you have any trouble with the app or want to suggest new features and feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help.
Specially crafted for tablets and phones, this app brings you breaking news and full access to the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you’re offline, and save content for as long as you like.
⚫ Stay up to date with live news and sport
⚫ Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for Android tablets and phones
⚫ Read offline
⚫ Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
⚫ Stay informed with breaking news alerts
⚫ Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
⚫ Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries - with stunning high-resolution images
⚫ Save any content you want to keep
⚫ Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
⚫ Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
⚫ Upgrade to the premium tier for our crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and is processed by Google Play.
Location: users can choose to include their location when contributing to our stories via GuardianWitness. As such, we request the ‘Precise location’ app permission. Including this is optional when contributing.
⚫ Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
Full feature list
- 14 day free trial period (initial subscription required)
- editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- on Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- on Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every weekday
- editions from the last month available in the archive
- all article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- in-article image galleries
- video embedded in articles viewable when online
- share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- related articles within the edition highlighted
- related online articles
As you walk through the streets of King’s Cross, London, the app will automatically activate stories relevant to your GPS location. Whether you’re a first time visitor or a local resident, walk with fresh ears and eyes as you hear tales - old and new - from this part of London.
Streetstories is perfect if you have half an hour to spare to explore the area. Listen to 10 stories, from the sublime architecture of Gilbert Scott’s St Pancras to the Guardian’s home Kings Place, a cutting edge new arts complex.
Alternatively if you’d rather listen off-location, use the app in manual mode to access all the stories.
The app covers a section of King’s Cross and St Pancras.
Produced by the Guardian, whose UK offices are in the landmark Kings Place development in King’s Cross, the app provides an entertaining and atmospheric experience of the ‘Railwaylands’ area - rich in history, and rapidly regenerating.
Full feature list:
• Multi-layered audio with sounds, music and stories
• This version features a selection of 10 stories, including interviews with local historians, experts and local people. Stories include:
- Readings from Charles Dickens, set in the area
- The sublime architecture of Gilbert Scott’s St Pancras
- The area’s seedy past - including interviews with former street workers
- The Guardian’s home Kings Place, a cutting edge new arts complex
- Custom map view: Stories are mapped with dots - use pinch and zoom to help navigate
- Dual playback modes for on-location or off-location use. Autoplay uses GPS to keep track of your location, and auto-activate stories. Manual mode allows you to activate stories and listen from off-location by tapping on story dots
- Locate me button: Pinpoint your position in autoplay mode
NOTE: We’d appreciate feedback on your experience, and suggestions for how we might improve any future versions. Please leave feedback in Google Play or contact email@example.com. The app is developed in partnership with Calvium, Ltd.