Provides tag and contributor search from the handset search button.
The Guardian has recently made changes to the source data which this application consumes.
Not all Guardian content is available for redistribution by 3rd party application such as this one. Users requiring a complete set of content should move to one of the official Guardian applications.
When this application was developed the Guardian did not provide an official Android app. Now that they do the developers of this application would like to devote their efforts to other projects. As such, this application will no longer be available after the 5th of May 2014.
Want to read Prince Edward Island’s provincial newspaper but you leave too early in the morning, travel a lot or you are going away on vacation? Or, maybe you just want to go paperless? The Guardian Digital edition is right for you! This app allows you to view a digital replica of the printed paper. Already a print subscriber? The Guardian is pleased to offer full access to the digital edition at no additional cost! Simply use your current print subscription account number to create your digital Smartedition username and password. Don’t know your current print subscription account number? Please contact our reader service department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover a new way to read The Guardian! Flip from page to page, pan and zoom in on any article, photo or ad. Crisp, bright and easy to use, you can now enjoy reading The Guardian whenever or wherever! Download your edition and take it to the gym, on the bus or on the plane!
Get unlimited information - With extended coverage on your news; with video clips, more pictures and text.
One login across your multiple devices
Digital Magazines, including the top Business Magazine in the country, the Business Guardian
Get immediate contact with advertisers through live web links – to emails and websites
It puts all the news from the most popular environmental web sites and blogs with a spotlight on the Guardian’s Environment section into one beautiful little app. Find a news article, a photo or a stream you like? Share it with friends via Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, email or save it for later using Instapaper and Read it Later.
If you'd like to get in touch or need help, we are just a ping away at: @TaptuGreen or email@example.com
== Features ==
= Getting Streams =
* Finding Streams to Personalize the Taptu Guardian Environment: Plunge into our Environment News and you'll discover streams of your favorite blogs and news sources around the environment
= Environment DJ =
* Curate Your Own Mixed Streams: You can edit or DJ your own mixed streams for environmental news. Think of it as creating a playlist for your favorite content. You can build a stream from scratch, select and merge your favorite feeds from the list of available streams. You can even share your streams with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or email.
* Search in Streams: Have you added the Food stream and you want to find "vegetarian”? You can now search in any stream. What’s more you can save your search as a new Search Stream allowing you to follow all the things for “vegetarian” as they comes out.
= Viewing and Interacting with Streams =
* Two Ways to View - Quick View and Full Story View: Grab a quick summary of the news article or tap to read the full story.
* Share with Friends: Discover a story you're into? Share it with your friends by posting it on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin or by sending them an email. You can even save it for later using Instapaper or Read it Later.
* All types of Widgets: Lists, Cards and Stack widgets, even scrollable on Ice Cream Sandwich and Honeycomb. Customize the size, the color, the frequency they update.
== Feedback ==
Thanks for all of your feedback! If you'd like to get in touch or need help contact us on: @TaptuGreen or firstname.lastname@example.org
For all the latest news & exciting updates follow us on:
Features included in the App:
• Adjust text font size.
• Read articles Offline.
• Save your favorite articles.
• Share content with Android's built in sharing menu.
• Bandwidth friendly refresh button per section.
• Image caching saves bandwidth.
Free to download but you'll need to purchase a subscription in app.
** MORE THAN 560 NEWSPAPERS **
** If newspaper scrolling is not smooth then try to disable hardware acceleration in settings **
Left and right sliding menus in the browser for easy and fast access to the newspaper list.
Switch easily between mobile and desktop version of the newspaper site (where available).
Automatic syncing of newspapers will keep newspapers updated and new papers can be added quickly.
This is the free version of the app! There is also an AD-FREE version named UK Newspapers PRO.
* List of UK newspapers
* Automatic syncing of newspapers
* Swiping between favorite and newspaper lists
* Add newspapers
* Drag and drop sorting of favorites
* Automatic cache delete
* Change textsize
* Show newspaper in fullscreen
* Share functionality
* Option to open newspaper in standard browser
* Option to enable zoom controls
* Choose to have keep screen on while reading
* Show/Hide bottom menu bar
* Move app to sd
Example of Newspapers included:
Accrington Observer, BBC UK, Birmingham Mail, Birmingham Post, Burnham and Highbridge, Bury Times, Business Insider, Chorley Guardian, Coventry Telegraph, Craven Herald, Daily Echo, Daily Express, Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Daily Post, Daily Record, Daily Star, Derby Telegraph, Digital Spy, East Anglian Daily Times, Eastern Daily Press, Edinburgh Evening News, Evening Chronicle, Evening Gazette, Evening Star, Evening Times, Express & Star, Financial Times, Google News, Herald Scotland, Hereford Times, Huddersfield Daily Examiner, IGN UK, Imedia Connection, InTheNews, Isle of Wight County Press, Kidderminster Shuttle, Lancashire Telegraph, Lincolnshire Echo, Liverpool Echo, London Evening Standard, London Free Press, Manchester Evening, Metro, Middleton Guardian, Milton Keynes Citizen, Mirror, Moneyweek, New Scientist, Newcastle Journal, News Of The World, NewsNow, NorthEast Manchester, Norwich Evening News, Ok Magazine, Oldham Advertiser, Oxford Mail, Prestwich Advertiser, Reuters UK, Rochdale Observer, Rossendale Freepress, Salford Advertiser, Scotsman, Shropshire Star, Sky News, Sky Sport, South Manchester Reporter, South Wales Argus, Stockport Express, Sunday Mail, Sunderland Echo, Surrey Advertiser, Tameside Advertiser, The Bolton News, The Courier, The Daily Telegraph, The Economist, The Falkirk Herald, The Guardian, The Huffington Post UK, The Independent, The Inquirer, The Journal, The Keighley News, The Leicester Mercury, The Northern Echo, The Register, The Sun, The Sunday Times, The Telegraph, The Times, Wales Online, Warrington Guardian, Watford Observer, Weston Mercury, Whats on TV, Wilmslow Express, Worcester News, Yorkshire Post and more.
More from developer
Explore our award-winning multimedia content with videos, podcasts and stunning picture galleries.
Join the conversation: view, recommend, share and submit comments.
Upgrade to the Premium Tier (69p a month) for access to Crosswords, an advert-free experience, and future exclusive features and content.
Full feature list:
- download your homepage and favourites for offline reading with the touch of a button, or schedule a daily download for a time that suits you
- take part with comments and debate
- subscribe to the premium tier for:
- the cryptic and quick crosswords delivered every day direct to your phone
- no adverts
- exclusive future features and content
- live football scores, results and tables for hundreds of English, Scottish, European and international games
- receive alerts for big news stories, exclusives, and goals from your favourite football teams
- navigate by section, topic or contributor and discover related stories in an article
- browse our award-winning audio and video content
- save contributors, topics and sections to your favourites
- add favourites to your homescreen with an expanded view or link
- live, updating coverage of news and sport events
- swipe through stunning full-screen picture galleries
- share articles and galleries using the Android share menu
Information about the permissions we request:
Full feature list
- 14 day free trial period (initial subscription required)
- editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- on Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- on Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every weekday
- editions from the last month available in the archive
- all article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- in-article image galleries
- video embedded in articles viewable when online
- share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- related articles within the edition highlighted
- related online articles
As you walk through the streets of King’s Cross, London, the app will automatically activate stories relevant to your GPS location. Whether you’re a first time visitor or a local resident, walk with fresh ears and eyes as you hear tales - old and new - from this part of London.
Streetstories is perfect if you have half an hour to spare to explore the area. Listen to 10 stories, from the sublime architecture of Gilbert Scott’s St Pancras to the Guardian’s home Kings Place, a cutting edge new arts complex.
Alternatively if you’d rather listen off-location, use the app in manual mode to access all the stories.
The app covers a section of King’s Cross and St Pancras.
Produced by the Guardian, whose UK offices are in the landmark Kings Place development in King’s Cross, the app provides an entertaining and atmospheric experience of the ‘Railwaylands’ area - rich in history, and rapidly regenerating.
Full feature list:
• Multi-layered audio with sounds, music and stories
• This version features a selection of 10 stories, including interviews with local historians, experts and local people. Stories include:
- Readings from Charles Dickens, set in the area
- The sublime architecture of Gilbert Scott’s St Pancras
- The area’s seedy past - including interviews with former street workers
- The Guardian’s home Kings Place, a cutting edge new arts complex
- Custom map view: Stories are mapped with dots - use pinch and zoom to help navigate
- Dual playback modes for on-location or off-location use. Autoplay uses GPS to keep track of your location, and auto-activate stories. Manual mode allows you to activate stories and listen from off-location by tapping on story dots
- Locate me button: Pinpoint your position in autoplay mode
NOTE: We’d appreciate feedback on your experience, and suggestions for how we might improve any future versions. Please leave feedback in Google Play or contact email@example.com. The app is developed in partnership with Calvium, Ltd.