Guardian Mobility's GMI Connect APP V2.0 enables communication with the Guardian Mobility G4MX/G4 device via Bluetooth to support aircraft tracking, events and Alert reporting, to interchange device information, GPS and iridium connection status, send Mark position and Alert reporting messages, send and receive two-way free-form and pilot editable pre-formed text messages over the Iridium Satellite network. The APP also provides enhanced support for Automated Telemetry Unit (ATU) operations, aircraft triggered mapping events, Flight Data Monitoring System(FDMS) support and general device Alert and Event reporting configuration. The APP supports the User editing the pre-formed message list for personnel and operational reasons. The APP can be installed and operated in one of two modes:
• Aircrew mode – This mode provides GPS/iridium/Bluetooth and G4MX Status, Text Messaging ,Automatic Flight Following (AFF) tracking with configurable update rates, Mark Current Position and Alert report generation functionality and some basic configuration options.
• Admin/Maint mode – This password protected mode provides the Aircrew functionality plus support for ATU operations configuration, ATU load cell calibration, External aircraft Discrete I/O configuration and trigger mapping event configuration.
V2.0 of the APP provides the following enhancements over previous versions
• Aircraft Discrete and Analog inputs connected to G4MX status monitoring
• Enable/Disable FDMS on-board logging on the G4MX
• Configuration of ATU reporting for Bambi and fast buckets and Isolair tanks
• Automated ATU event reports based on ATU configured trigger conditions, supporting US forestry and other agency fire fighting applications.
• ATU bucket load cell indicator DC output calibration
• Aircraft Discrete input trigger configuration and automated triggered mapping and other Events
• G4MX Discrete output configuration to support various applications
• Android notifications of new message received and Bluetooth connection status with the G4MX.
• User editable pre-formed text messages(Edit, add, delete messages)
• Improved text messaging communication capabilities and performance.
• Addition of 30 second Alert reporting rate configuration option.
• Various bug fixes
Guardian Mobility G4MX product model G4-I-MX-EX (GM Part number 101911), with firmware v2.0-RC06 or higher in both Aircrew and Admin/Maint modes.
Guardian Mobility G4 models G4-I-PF-IN and G4-I-PF-EX (Guardian Part Numbers 101817 and 101818), with firmware V1.12REV01 in Aircrew mode only.
Supports SilverEyeAviation Mapping enhancements for ATU and Discrete input triggered events.
Please uninstall any previous versions of Guardian Mobility GMI Connect on your smart device before starting this install.