This functions completely offline – and worldwide!
PeakFinder knows more than 250’000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner.
Winner of several prizes. Highly recommended by nationalgeographic.com, androidpit.com, smokinapps.com, outdoor-magazin.com, themetaq.com, digital-geography.com, ...
••• Features •••
- Works offline and worldwide
- Includes more than 250'000 peak names
- Fast rendering of the surrounding landscapes in a range of 300km/200mil
- Digital binoculars to select less prominent peaks
- 'Show me'-function for visible peaks
- Uses GPS to get your current location
- Maps (online) for viewpoint selection
- Dialog for entering coordinates manually
- Uses compass and accelerometer sensors
- Weekly updates of the peak directory
••• Comments •••
"Super easy handling, super smooth views and excellent user interface. I love hopping to my favorite mountains and enjoy the panorama, while being there or hundreds of miles away" -- hiker45
••• Ratings •••
Every good rating in Google Play (including those following updates) makes me happy. The positive ratings and reviews make it possible for me to continue to improve the app for you. Many thanks!
••• Support •••
In case of questions, problems, mistakes, missing mountain names and ideas for future expansion, I am happy to help you. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Offline Augmented Reality in the Alps*
(France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Germany, Lichtenstein, Slovenia, Monaco)
See what's near you where you travel in the Alps: Mountains, Lakes, Places, Buildings, etc. You don't even have to be nearby the Alps: You can manually set your location to a place in the Alps to pretend you are there. Decide if you want to see places nearby, or famous cities around the world.
Works everywhere: By the sea, in the mountains, in the city. Without the internet, without coverage.
Turn the phone sideways to view on the camera screen the places that are nearby. Take a picture of what you see, and send it by email, or post it on facebook, directly from the App!
You can also add your own places!
In Sight The Alps is also an altimeter, speedometer and also estimates the distance you've traveled. Choose between metric (km, meter) or imperial (miles, feet) units.
All data is built into the App, so you don't need internet. You only need internet when you use the map or send a picture on email or post it on facebook.
In Sight The Alps relies on the compass and GPS of your device. Best results are achieved if you are outside.
Source: ws.geonames.org under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)
- Designation of few thousand peaks
- Handy radar to quickly locate points
- Slider to hide distant points
- GPS for positioning
* Search the huge database of mountains and trip reports from peakbagger.com
* Keep track of your climbs, even when offline
* Measure your progress against hundreds of peak lists
* Get route information and directions from SummitPost and listsofjohn.com
* See weather forecasts (U.S. and Puerto Rico), topographic maps (U.S., Alps, Norway, New Zealand), and survey markers (U.S.)
* Save a peak to your device for offline use, including topographic maps
* Find peaks near your current location, or near other peaks
* Long click on the map to get elevation and driving directions
* Record your starting elevation, and information about the gear and route you used
* Leaderboards show the top climbers for each peak list
A detailed and constantly up-to-date guidebook, that you can use as you prefer:
- to discover the points of interest and attractions;
- to know the best places where to stay and to eat.
If you find yourself in the Maritime Alps or in Langhe and Roero area the app will recognize your location and will advise you of the nearest points of interest, like a real guidebook. In this way you will not miss any possibilities to visit, taste and experience our region, in total relax and with the comfort to be guided to the discovery of a unique territory.
• Self-contained worldwide database of place names, mountain/hill peaks, castles, ruins, and monuments*
• Advanced filtering by distance, bearing and marker type
• Adjustable compass
• Imperial/metric units
• Search by name
• Map view
• Custom markers*
• User guide
• No adverts
* Cities, towns, and villages are included for free. Mountain/hill peaks, castles, ruins, monuments, custom markers, and the snapshot feature are available as an in-app purchase. There are more than 213,000 peaks, 13,000 castles, 16,000 ruins, and 19,000 monuments in ViewPoint’s database.
See developer's website for more information and user guide ( http://www.planetcoops.com/apps/viewpoint/ViewPoint.pdf ).
ViewPoint is currently 21 MB in size. We recommend you download and install ViewPoint only when you have Wi-Fi access.
Fundorte von Schwammerln mittels GPS festhalten.
Die App ist aus einem Projekt von Maximilian Nowak an den EDV-Schulen des Lkr. Deggendorf entstanden.
Zum Projekt gehörte die Einarbeitung in Android, die Programmierung, Erstellen der Icons und Texte sowie eine Projektdokumentation. Das Projekt hatte eine Umfang von 96 Stunden.
Experience the intriguing panorama of the peaks surrounding you.
Have you ever wondered "What is the name of that prominent peak over there?” – find the answer simply by taking a look through the camera of your iPhone or Android device.
The advanced segmentation and display algorithms show you all peak names without obstructing the marvelous panorama.
Stagger even the greatest hiking buffs when showing off the fascinating panoramic view this application provides when standing on top of a mountain!
This app works on devices with a still camera and a magnetometer/accelerometer.
[+] Plan your event schedule and create to-do lists with alarms, never miss another session!
[+] Mobile and interactive. Simply search for info, never fuss with paper again.
[+] Event apps are available and synced on mobile, tablet and the web.
[+] See who else is attending and connect with them using contact cards.
[+] Guides work offline! No internet connection needed once the guide is downloaded.
[+] Award-winning customer support to help you make your own guide or take it to the next level.
[+] Guidebook also features guides to your favorite National Parks (Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, and many more), Airports (LAX, SFO, ATL, ORD, and others) and parades (Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade).
Visit http://guidebook.com to instantly start building a free guide right now, it’s fast and easy. Contact us at email@example.com to learn how you could even create your own event app, orientation app, meeting app, tourism app, or any kind of mobile guide app!
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/guidebook
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/guidebookapp
Learn event planning tips and ideas from resident experts: http://guidebook.com/mobile-guides/
The Official SWCE 2015 Mobile App will act as your Jedi Master, allowing you to…
- Plan your Show with a personalized list of your favorite Panels, Guests, Autograph Sessions and Exhibitors
- Find your way on the Show Floor.
- Enter exclusive contests for a chance to win Star Wars collectibles.
- Get the exact, updated locations of Autograph Sessions, Guests, Panels, Screenings, Special Events, Exhibitors and more!
What are you waiting for? Download the Official SWCA 2015 App now for all of the information you will need for Star Wars Celebration America. Updates will be made through the event, so be sure to check back often! May The Force Be With You!
The Official C2E2 Mobile App will be your best friend at the show as you…
- Enter exclusive contests for a chance to win C2E2 swag and even VIP Tickets
- Find your way around the Show Floor and Artist Alley.
- Plan your Show with a personalized list of your favorite Panels, Guests, Autograph Sessions, Artists and Exhibitors
- Get the exact locations of Autograph Sessions, Guests, Artists, Panels, Screenings, Special Events, Exhibitors and more!
The Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo – also known as C2E2 – is a convention spanning the latest and greatest from the worlds of comics, movies, television, toys, anime, manga and video games. From a Show Floor packed with hundreds of Exhibitors, to Panels and Autograph Sessions giving Fans a chance to interact with their favorite creators, to screening rooms featuring sneak peeks at films and television shows months before they hit either the big or small screen, C2E2 brings the best of popular culture to downtown Chicago!
What are you waiting for? Download the Official C2E2 App now for all of the information you will need for C2E2 2015. Updates will be made through the event, so be sure to check back often!
This app is your official guide to all things SLC! Marshalls and TJMaxx!
Use it as your navigator throughout your conference!
P.S. Make sure you have your redeem code from your DM Team to access your
This app includes:
1. RVP Welcome Letter and venue information
2. Complete Conference Agenda and description of events
3. Trade Show information
4. Special Guests
5. Venue and area maps
6. Everything you want to know about the city your visiting
7. Entertainment information
8. SO MUCH MORE…… have it ready, you may need it during the presentations
This mobile app allows you to:
*View schedules and explore sessions.
*Stay connected with DECA social media and DECA Direct instant news.
*Create your own personal schedule and access location and speaker information.
*Access interactive maps and find local places.
*Engage in the conference experience with attendee check-ins, photos and more.
*Earn prizes for meeting and engaging with conference exhibitors and DECA partners.
*Expand your professional network and have fun!
Want to register for an event? No problem! You can easily browse maps, schedules, and create to-do lists.
Want to share photos? You can do that too—hassle free!
Not only is this a great tool to keep you connected with the University, but you can connect with other future Monarchs as well. This app has chat capabilities with all other event attendees, how cool is that?!
Welcome to Old Dominion University, were so glad you stopped by!
The PBS Conferences & Events App provides all the details you need to explore the PBS Annual Meeting, Technology Conference, and more.
Since its founding on December 4, 1906, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. has supplied voice and vision to the struggle of African-Americans and people of color around the world.
Alpha Phi Alpha, the first intercollegiate Greek-letter fraternity established for African-Americans, was founded at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York by seven college men who recognized the need for a strong bond of Brotherhood among African descendants in this country. The visionary founders, known as the “Jewels” of the Fraternity, are Henry Arthur Callis, Charles Henry Chapman, Eugene Kinckle Jones, George Biddle Kelley, Nathaniel Allison Murray, Robert Harold Ogle, and Vertner Woodson Tandy.
The Fraternity initially served as a study and support group for minority students who faced racial prejudice, both educationally and socially, at Cornell. The Jewel founders and early leaders of the Fraternity succeeded in laying a firm foundation for Alpha Phi Alpha's principles of scholarship, fellowship, good character, and the uplifting of humanity.